Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

juslilolmepowley420c762a Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:44:31 AM(UTC)
juslilolmepowley420c762a

Groups: Registered

I am hoping I can get some suggestions from everyone. I am in a decision on whether to get a Cricut Expression or CE2. I am seeing more good reviews from the Expression than I am the CE2 which is leaving me confused now. I already know which cartridge I'm getting but the machine is leaving me not quite ready to buy. Any suggestions???
Godot's Girl Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:18:37 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2884 time(s) in 1729 post(s)
I love my CE2. I have the Anniversary Edition. It is my first, and only, Cricut, so I cannot compare it to the E. I know I have read many postings about those who own both liking their E better. There seems to be a learning curve going from the E to the E2, which I did not experience, having never had an E. For me, my E2 does everything I want. I use it almost every day for everything from making cards, doing layouts, making home decor items, gifts, etc. I have 3 teen boys who use my Cricut all the time for their school projects. There are times I have problems with CCR, which I do not use often. I also have paper issues at times, but that is usually solved by adjusting my speed or pressure, or changing my blade. On rare occasions, and only after hours of use, I have had to turn the girl off and give her a break. After about 4-5 hours, I notice a change in cut quality, or the blade will start to drag across the paper. I honestly believe my girl just gets tired! I turn her off, and the next morning she is off and running again. I have found that Recollections, Stampin Up, DCWV, K&CO, and Graphic 45 papers work the best in my machine. I use Recollections the most, due to budget considerations. I have a friend who only uses Stampin Up, another who swears by American Crafts, and yet another who uses only JoAnn's open stock paper. You will find what works best once you get your machine. I am probably not helping you make a decision, but wanted to give a positive review of the E2. If there is something more specific about the machine you would like to know, PM me....I will do my best to answer any questions you have. Blessings, GG.
southgirltexas Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:52:14 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I have them both and gave my E away. I wish I had it back. While the E2 will show the mat and you don't use the overlay, the E is just better to work with. Since I am not all that computer wise, the E2 is a bit of a challenge. But all said either machine is a great tool.

Edited by user Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:54:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

troymimi75dc940a6f Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 4:46:14 PM(UTC)
troymimi75dc940a6f

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I have (and have only had) the E and love it. If something happened to it I would def replace it with another E. I have family that has the original and the create and I have used them both but don't know anyone that has the E2.
CraftyMichelle Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 5:02:42 PM(UTC)
CraftyMichelle

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 34 post(s)
I bought my first cricut about 4 months ago and i bought the Expression. I watched alot of videos on You Tube which helped me decide what to choose. I love mine and i have had not one problem with it.
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#6 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:20:15 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
I have an E2. I love it. At first I thought I was going to hate it. I kept ripping paper. Then I learned how to get the right settings for the thickeness of paper. I since have started loving my machine. I have only had it since November 2012. I have worn out 5 matsand 3 blades. that is how much I love this machine. I have never used any of the other cricuts so I can't tell you if one is better then the other but this one is perfect for me. My daughter (20) loves it too. I really have been loving card making..... I have even made some bookmarks...... I only have the cartridges that came with the machine; so I have to get creative with using the shapes without having the same ones all the time. I also like making shaped cards.

Good luck and happy creating
dori
scrapalette Offline
#7 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 4:17:03 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Was thanked: 19027 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
I think if you've never had a Cricut before, the learning curve on the E2 isn't bad at all. But for those that are used to manually setting dials and such, learning where all the different features in the E2 screens are making it seem complicated.

If you're a technology person, using an iphone/ipad/tablet, and are use to scrolling and tapping the screen, the E2 is easier.

There is a "what Cricut to buy" comparison under the New to Cricut tab at the top.

Good luck with your decision!
juslilolmepowley420c762a Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, April 14, 2013 2:40:36 PM(UTC)
juslilolmepowley420c762a

Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I finally did and ended up with CE2. I used it for the first time today, but only the first cut sample. I am really going to need to sit down and get into it. I bought the Big Flowers cartridge and will need to learn how to make them a bit smaller as I want them more life size.
Flo Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:54:05 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: juslilolmepowley420c762a Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for all the suggestions everyone. I finally did and ended up with CE2. I used it for the first time today, but only the first cut sample. I am really going to need to sit down and get into it. I bought the Big Flowers cartridge and will need to learn how to make them a bit smaller as I want them more life size.

Well done I have the whole family except the mini but with all the others I am not sure where I would fit it in. I love my E2 and if you go through the user manual and the quick start guide you will have a lot of info there. You are probably a bit far away to come to one of my education sessions on the E2 as currently I am doing then in New Zealand but you will find lots of helpful videos on you tube. Happy crafting