Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GypsyBoricua Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:54:49 AM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 757 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Why or why when you are using CCR after the first and/or second sheets of cutting does it no longer cut properly.

Case in point, last night I was trying to finish up my daughter's babyshower invites. I wanted to use the stork on Holiday Cakes. It has a curly tail. Knowing that my E will not cut such the tail out very well and knowing that my mini does I decided, once again, to use CCR and my mini. I needed to cut out 20 of those buggers. The storks are 3 inches. I can do 4 on a sheet, 5 sheets of card stock and I should be done.

Well the first sheet came out great and so did the 2nd sheet. The third sheet didn't make it. Yes, I cleaned the blade between sheets! I stop, take a break, come back, do another sheet, disgusting results. This time I take another break, turn off my mini and shut down CCR. Gone for half an hour. Time to try again. Everything is up, next sheet, perfect. My thought, I need to let it cool down between sheets. Wait 15 minutes, next sheet, disgusting. Change blade depth, speed, pressure on the next 3 sheets, digusting results. Shut everything down again, come back restart everything, next sheet perfect! So, I figured out that I have to shut everything down between sheets so that CCR will have the Mini cut right. Thankfully, I don't need to use CCR for this project anymore.

Why can't PC get CCR right. Again, I only used it because I know that the Mini does the intricate cuts better than my E.

If only I could use Design Studio with my Mini, I would be so happy!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 11:31:54 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8148 time(s) in 4772 post(s)
I mentioned this on your other post, too, Gypsy!

I never have these problems; I'm so sorry you have to go through this every time you try to do something.

I wondered if you scrape your mat after every cut; I do this and never experience the problems you and others do with your cuts.

There have been times I have reloaded my CRICUT three or four times to cut something else within minutes of the other cuts and I never experience what you are describing.

Are you using wireless? Just curious.

I'm only trying to help you discover what the problems might be for you....not trying to sound like you are wrong or anything like that. I believe you that you have the problems.

Char
Calmom Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:10:22 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
This has happened to me as well. It is just one of the many problems with CCR. My Gypsy use to be able to cut with my E2, now it just cuts half of my layout and stops. The CCR has froze up, cut where it is not suppose on the mat and start and stop while cutting.

I have updated everything.

1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
GypsyBoricua on 4/11/2013(UTC)
GypsyBoricua Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 12:27:34 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 757 time(s) in 406 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
I mentioned this on your other post, too, Gypsy!

I never have these problems; I'm so sorry you have to go through this every time you try to do something.

I wondered if you scrape your mat after every cut; I do this and never experience the problems you and others do with your cuts.

There have been times I have reloaded my CRICUT three or four times to cut something else within minutes of the other cuts and I never experience what you are describing.

Are you using wireless? Just curious.

I'm only trying to help you discover what the problems might be for you....not trying to sound like you are wrong or anything like that. I believe you that you have the problems.

Char

Char,

Thank you! You are pretty wonderful, always trying to help someone figure things out. The problem is not me or my computer or my anti-virus or even the Mini. The problem is CCR. I was cutting 5 sheets of cardstock of the same images, 4 or 5 on each sheet. Since the images don't change, you just unload the mat, load the next one hit cut and everything should be the same. This is what I mean about CCR being unstable.

I should be able to put through as many mats as I want cutting out the same thing and they should all be the same. Nothing has changed except for loading and unloading the mat. I can do that with Design Studio, but you cannot do that with CCR because the program is unstable. I have to shutdown CCR, turn off my Mini then turn on CCR and the Mini so I can cut the next mat of the SAME IMAGES.

I've said it before and I will say it again:

IF YOU WANT US TO USE CCR THAN FIX IT!!!!!
JustJudi Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:35:43 PM(UTC)
JustJudi

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1235 time(s) in 696 post(s)
I've had the same kind of issues with my Mini. When I hook up my E2, everything works fine. (I have used the same 8.5x11 mats in the E2, I just move stuff into position).

I also notice that the tearing and bu Ching of paper is worse when the cutter is moving backwards. Not sure why.