Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

GloriaUhart Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 1:33:50 PM(UTC)
GloriaUhart

Groups: Registered

Has anyone else had problems with not being able to use it at all? I have a new computer and I've been on tech support with Brianne for over 3 hours so far and still no luck. I think I'm giving up. I am so sad coz I really wanted to use this!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:33:54 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7904 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Are you able to sign in or are you getting stuck at the Initializing screen?

If you are able to sign in have you installed the drivers required for your Cricut? (Only applicable if your not using a Mac.)

Is your Cricut up to date?
GloriaUhart Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 3:56:33 PM(UTC)
GloriaUhart

I can sign in, accesses my account, open a saved file, click on cut and sometimes it recognizes my machine, sometimes not, recognizes my cartridge some times and sometimes not, am able to load my mat, and has cut twice. Then I was told to add CDS but that doesn't work-I spent forever doing updates and updates and updates. Needless to say, all I do is update but can not ever really do anything else.
CricketCMV Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 6:58:16 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
If you're not aware, you cannot have CDS and CCR open at the same time. You probably don't have them open at the same time, but I thought I would tell you in case you didn't know about it.

Char
ritacavellb09eacbd Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, April 11, 2013 9:27:41 PM(UTC)
ritacavellb09eacbd

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I had the same problem. First I was told to right click on cricut room ICON. go to preferences and then to compatibility. click on run with and choose WIndows 7, there isn't a Windows 8 choice but 7 works. and go to the bottom of the box and run as administrator. Apply and ok. Make sure Cricut corner is closed before you do these steps.
Now i have found a step that wasn't explained to me. Don't plug in your cricut machine to your computer until after you are ready to use the cut feature. I did this by accident and it works everytime. First click the GO Cut button in the top right of the Cricut corner and when you see the box no machine found then plug your machine into your computer. I was frustrated for over a year and now it works fine. Good luckLaugh
 1 user thanked ritacavellb09eacbd for this useful post.
CricketCMV on 4/12/2013(UTC)
CricketCMV Offline
#6 Posted : Friday, April 12, 2013 11:17:59 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ritacavellb09eacbd Go to Quoted Post
I had the same problem. First I was told to right click on cricut room ICON. go to preferences and then to compatibility. click on run with and choose WIndows 7, there isn't a Windows 8 choice but 7 works. and go to the bottom of the box and run as administrator. Apply and ok. Make sure Cricut corner is closed before you do these steps.
Now i have found a step that wasn't explained to me. Don't plug in your cricut machine to your computer until after you are ready to use the cut feature. I did this by accident and it works everytime. First click the GO Cut button in the top right of the Cricut corner and when you see the box no machine found then plug your machine into your computer. I was frustrated for over a year and now it works fine. Good luckLaugh

Maybe this is a KEY for a lot of other people who have trouble getting into CCR. It's not how I was able to sign in and/or have always been able to sign in....but maybe this is a KEY for a lot of users out there.

It would sure be worth the try.

Char
GloriaUhart Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:43:02 PM(UTC)
GloriaUhart

Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately we were not able to get cricut craft room to work. I uninstalled it today but was unable to uninstall the driver.
GypsyBoricua Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2013 6:46:58 PM(UTC)
GypsyBoricua

Was thanked: 761 time(s) in 409 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GloriaUhart Go to Quoted Post
Thanks all for your help and suggestions. Unfortunately we were not able to get cricut craft room to work. I uninstalled it today but was unable to uninstall the driver.

Just a suggest, but you might need Adobe Air Zapper. You have to uninstall Adobe Air, run Air Zapper and re-load Adobe Air. That might get your CCR working again.