Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<141516
housefullofrotties Offline
#451 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 12:38:26 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning! What a busy group we are! No end in sight here! Have a fabulous day.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#452 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 5:48:09 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good Thursday morning.....
Jess hope your day treats you well.....are your friends coming for the weekend? Hope you get some rest....
Phyllis my vinyl issue was probably a combination of me and the machine. I tried to do a trace of me and hubby to cut out, spent hours and hours getting what I 'thought' was a good one, but I guess not. I keep a blade just for vinyl too.....then tried to do a split initial and it kept peeling up the vinyl even after checking for 'debris' in the blade.....maybe I will try again later today...I cut my vinyl for the signs just fine.....may send you an email later today to show you what I am trying to do.
Pat saw your pics on FB, continue to have a wonderful trip.....
Renate this week I have been a total slug in the house....but soon as I finish this second cup of coffee I have to get busy. Hubby has vacuumed the rugs and carpet but I need to do the floors, bathrooms and dust. I agree the papers you got are 'priceless'....I have all my maternal grandmother's recipes in her handwriting, plus some from my aunt and of course all the ones my mom gave me too....I forgot the 'who do you think you are' program was on Tues night, since they changed the night is comes on and station, I tend to 'forget'.
Gramma how is the puppy?
Joanne any exciting things going on down your way?
I am off to get busy, get a plan for supper and put sheets on the bed.......have a great day all.
Gramma Offline
#453 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 9:52:55 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Stupid MB ate my post.... can we get a facebook page or something elsewhere???... this stinks!
Irritated hugz because I lost a long post,
Gramma
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#454 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:16:43 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Grief - I can't believe I had 3 pages to read and catch up on. Time sure does go by fast these days.....
Had a great time with our TX friends. Took the boat downtown and found some courtesy slips. We "parked" the boat and walked around for awhile and then stopped for lunch. Also played 2 rounds of golf. I should say they played, I just chased that little white ball all over..... not pretty.... LOL They are going to Venice about a month before us so we were swapping ideas on what to see and do. We will have several days in Venice before we get on the ship. A gondola ride is a definite must do.
I have 2 crops coming up and have been trying to get page kits done. One album is a "Ports of Call" album of places we have cruised to - rather than doing a book for each cruise, I can just add more pages to each section. The other is the infamous Iraq Album (sigh)....... The inspiration just isn't there - or I have too many ideas running amuck in my head --- Haven't done any CFS cards either and I miss it. Need to get my act together here.
Gramma - That Maggie May is too cute for words! Westies are a sweet breed.
Phyllis - Tim was not the instructer. The class was taught by Nicole Peterson. She used a lot of Ranger products. I am anxious to try some of the techniques (one of those things running amuck) Hugs to Cody <3
Deb - So sorry to hear about Hubby's friends. Give him a hug too. Are you watching Clever Someday's videos? I have saved them all. They are great.
Jess - Has there been any fall out over the TY card? I thought it was quite nice. She must be a piece of work....
Renate - Are you going to do anything special with the list from your Mom? Bet that baby album will be so beautiful.
Pat - I see you have made it to Maine - Hope you have a wonderful time. Will you get a chance to do any sight seeing while you are there?
Guess that's all my news. Off to get a glass of wine!
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#455 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 5:29:22 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning.....
Gramma I feel your pain on losing a nice long post.....
Joanne good to see you on....hope your upcoming trip gives you plenty of photo opportunities for future scrapping...I tried golf once, found out that is NOT my cup of tea....
Jess did you hitches ooze button?
Hello to Renate, Pat and Phyllis.......I am off to finish my coffee and get a bite of b'fast before I hit the shower.....
Later.....

Edited by user Friday, August 09, 2013 5:30:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#456 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 6:02:53 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning from wet and dreary ME. I am hoping it clears off by this evening or at the latest tomorrow am. Our set up tomorrow is outdoors. I am a bit (NO make it a LOT) frustrated with the genealogy group. And the weather is not helping.
I have not read back yet, but will do that next.
Gramma (and any others), losing posts is a real pain and I wish we could find a new castle.

Today is sort of a free day for us. Some people are arriving today, so we have no set plans. I do need to contact a local lady to see if she wants to join us for lunch. I want to go to a local tourist shop and pick up a sweatshirt. Also some gifts for the grandkids.
I will be glad to get back to Jim's cousin's in CT just to relax and be able to chill.

I am going to send this and be back in a bit.
#457 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 6:52:42 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

OK, I just lost my huge catch up post and do not have time to redo it. It was while I was copying it to be safe and it's gone and I can't get it back. SO MAD. A few brief thoughts...

Pat~Enjoy yourself. Hope the group and weather turn around for you.

Deb~What's next on your kitchen list?

Renate~Very cool about the paperwork. Very sad about your moms family.

Gramma~If everyone wants I'm willing to set up a FB group and we can try it and see if we like it or not.

Joanne~Glad you had fun with friends. You sure do have a lot of projects going on.

Phyllis~You are a cleaning machine! Enjoy the time with your friend.

Friends are not coming this weekend. Something came up with one of the kids (the have six between them!). Maybe in a month. DH starts a new job on Monday. He has a huge OSHA test that he's working on (online). He hates to read and comprehends better if it's read to him so I've been doing a lot of reading to him. Mad The whole course takes at leaat 10 hours (they even have times on the pages so even if you're a fast reader you can't go to the next page until they think you've spent enough time on the current one). It took a friend of his 20 hours to do. I'm annoyed that he wasn't in any rush to work on it earlier in the week when I wanted to do it and now it's affecting my plans. Oh well! Have a great weekend.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#458 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 1:11:29 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

It is probably going to be later this evening or tomorrow evening before I get caught up with you all, BUT, Jess, I am good with a FB page. I would like to keep the CFS sign up thread going here though, but that is because it is a place people can find us for signing up, and we have had it for a long time. Nice thing about FB, is it is real time. I lose more posts in the chat wing than in the sign up thread.

I need to run an errand for our group, so I can be back for dinner. Will catch up later.

VERY DEEP sigh ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dbson Offline
#459 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 4:42:40 PM(UTC)
Dbson

I would love to go to a FB page......
Pat sorry about the group frustrations, hate to say it but that was one reason I dropped out of my local society and don't attend an annual meeting in Gadsden. I love my research, but.....
Hope the weather turns around and you have a great rest of the weekend.
Jess sorry about the lost post....and boo on the work Brad has coming up. What type of job does he start?
I am off to finish up an idea for my cards, the first one is now in the trash since the pen scrubbed the paper in two spots...grrrrr.....later....
~Phyllis~ Offline
#460 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 7:32:34 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Hello everyone. Not a lot of cleaning today except for the dogs, both got a bath. Getting ready for my friend and the big stamp convention tomorrow, Tim Holtz is going to be there again this year.

I would go for the FB page also. I'm in.

Gramma and Jess, I have lost posts a lot also, it's really frustrating.

Pat, sorry about the group issues. Hope everything gets resolved.

Deb, how is your vinyl cutting coming along?

This is a short catch up but hope everyone is having a good evening and fun weekend.

imnchghere Offline
#461 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 8:08:59 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Another quick pop in. I need to get to bed, so I can get up early. I am dealing with all the aggravations and it will be ok in the end. I just wish we had not combined a meeting with a weekend of other activities. Of course I didn't have to come. Next meeting is in Raleigh, NC.

I hope everyone else's weekend goes well. Phyllis, have fun at the stamp convention. I have never been to one, but I am not much of a stamper.

I will have my tablet with me tomorrow, but probably won't have internet.
Dbson Offline
#462 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 11:53:29 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Well, I am in the middle of the second batch of strawberry/figs this afternoon. My friend called and said they needed picking and I could not bear to let them ruin....got 2 WM bags and home to work them up. Still have a huge bowl to do something with....but I might look for a recipe for a fig cobbler/pie type dessert. I know my neighbor did one a couple years ago with pears/figs.

Yesterday a 4 month old child died of heat due to being 'left in a vehicle', have heard a couple stories, anxious to hear the truth.....how does someone do that.....

Pat have a great rest of the trip.....

Phyllis I saw a pic on the FB group (Old Cricut Comm) of Tim H at the convention. Is that where you are? Have fun....vinyl sign for the friend did fine, I used some "S" brand but it would not come off the tape, so I went with 651 I ordered from H&H, color was pretty close. She wanted 'guns' on it for her hubby so I added a couple small pistols on the bottom instead of a border...

I looked at FB/how you make a page....I have never done that but it can't be too hard. I know one of the other pages I belong to was recently made secret because of 'spam'......

Have a great rest of the weekend, I need to check the cooking process......

Edited by user Saturday, August 10, 2013 12:29:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#463 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 5:37:21 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good Saturday evening castle mates, I have a couple of days of catching up to do.
Gramma, sorry about losing the post.....How's Maggie, is she getting into any new trouble?
Pat, sorry about the bad weather and other annoyances. Hope the weather co-operated and today went well. When are you leaving for CT?
Joanne, busy schedule ahead for you. How I wished I could go see Venice again!! You will love it. Hope you get inspired to do those albums. I don't think you can fancy up the Iraq one. Your hubby may have to supply the journals, you think? Chasing the little white ball all over would be me too. The closest I've come to golf was the miniature kind. As for my Mom's list, first I will scan it. I have a bunch of pictures from the old old days. I knew her surviving siblings, growing up, and will probably put the birth dates somewhere in the album that is on my list. I finished the baby album today, finally. It turned out pretty nice.
Deb, more strawberries/figs, are you making more preserves besides the pie? Did you find the recipe? So sad about the baby. What is wrong with the adults? How's Gracie doing?
Phyllis, did you get into much trouble at the convention today? I remember you met TH last year. How are Cody and Scooter?
Jess, you almost had a weekend, with your friends backing out. Why does DH have to take such a big test? Does it have to do with the job? Hope you will have some time left for yourself.
I'm ok with a FB page too. Will it work like the personal FB account?
I'm so glad the album is done. I always like it at the end, but it is so time consuming to figure out what to do. I got those Fall CFS cards started and am going back to work on them for a while. The grass needs to be cut tomorrow, it's been a couple of weeks, but we had very little rain. Well, I better get busy. Have a great evening....Renate
Gramma Offline
#464 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 5:54:46 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Glorious Sunday morning here in WNY. Sky is blue and clear as a bell... not a cloud in site. My OMG room is still scattered across the dining room. I fear DH is getting a little frustrated by it. I am reconsidering a thought of repairing and repainting the walls. The installer is supposed to get the new window in this room tomorrow, so if I decide to paint it had better be before the trim goes on. DH hates to paint so this is a decision that requires further pondering.

Excited to read the support for a page "elsewhere" for chat. For those that forget what we've read the ability to comment on each post individually would be a great benefit.

Maggie has reached the "terrible two's" in dog years. So far she has learned the 'sit, come, release' commands quite well. A doggie treat goes a long way with puppy training. Wish the potty training was going as wellSad .

Enjoy the rest of your weekends... safe travels to those on the road.

Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#465 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 8:02:30 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Sunday morning to all....hearing we may have some storms around noon today....hope we are home from church before they arrive...but as with some of the other 'boo boo' forecast, we may be missed all together.

I got 10 pints of preserves done yesterday, still a huge bowl in the fridge to 'do something with'. A friend asked on FB if I would sell her some, but I will give her a couple jars.

Gave my friend a big bag of okra, she had a nice plate fried for supper last night and sent me a text with a picture. Her first time frying it....

Gramma that potty training is a bear at times.....better get the paint, brush and get busy. Your DH and my DH sound a lot alike....he will NOT paint....

Renate I didn't find another recipe, but may experiment with apples or pears and figs.

I am off to dress for church and hope I can get some crafting done this afternoon. Will have youngest DGS 2 or 3 days next week so I better get a plan to keep him occupied.

Have a great day and I am out of here.....
#466 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 11:33:28 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! Did a quick read through. Looks like everyone is doing well and keeping busy. I am my usual exhausted and crazy busy. I'll work on the FB page after work today. Have a good one.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#467 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 5:16:53 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Monday morning......got a 42 min walk in, decided not to push my limits since I have been so lazy with my walking. Seeing the flooding in CO and destruction is so very sad. I did have a couple 'happy' sights this morning....the hawks hanging around the highway. On the way saw a juvenile and again on the way home, so I backed up and took a couple pictures....

I hope everyone has a great day, I need to get a few errands done this morning so I better get my shower and head out.....
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#468 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 9:16:06 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Monday Morning
I am good to go with FB also. Will it be for our eyes only?
Well I am in suitcase mode again. PA DSIL called and asked DH if he could come up to help lay their new kitchen tile. He of course said sure and I am not one to miss a DGK visit, so off we go to Erie (waving to Gramma!)
Jess - How is the 'reading' coming along? I love to read but not online. Very tiring. Hope you and Brad get through it all. Does he have to take a test too?
Pat - I see you are on the way home. Safe travels. I saw on FB that you were passing by Madison. My grandparents lived there for years and we used to spend a lot of time at the beaches. After they passed away my parents took over and my kids played there too. I also lived there on my own right after college. The sand at their beach was quite purple. I will be sending you a box of cards sometime today.
Deb - How sad about that baby. It happens way too often down here. And some of the reasons are unreal - like going to work or a bar....
Phyllis - Hope you are having fun at the convention. I love seeing all the neat ideas!
Renate - Glad you got the baby album done. I bet it is beautiful. Yes, I think DH will have to do the Iraq journalling LOL. I took a break from it all and worked on CFS cards this weekend and got 50 Christmas cards done.
Gramma - Hope Maggie figures out the potty training before the snow flies! DH is not allowed to paint....enough said!
Guess I need to see about laundry if we are to have clothes to take to Erie!
Joanne
♥Stampmeblue♥ Offline
#469 Posted : Monday, December 09, 2013 1:52:10 PM(UTC)
♥Stampmeblue♥

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 16 post(s)
Hello -- I don't know if you all have moved or just aren't posting anymore but I want to stop by and say Hi to everyone... Kathy