Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<23456>»
Dbson Offline
#91 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:54:56 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good afternoon, got a 6 mile walk in but it was a struggle for me. I had to stop for about 5 mins and decided to try the last 10 laps.....I did it but.....my friend came by after a job interview, would be part time about once a month I think, role play with a local training facility....the requirements said you had to life 60 pounds so I didn't apply.

MIL is now with the other son....hubby had a terribly long and stressful day yesterday, he just wants it to be over now.....

But on a better note, I have a part time job (unless things change on their end) at a physicians office, will be doing a little of everything. I really need to finish paying in my social security to help with my Medicare payments in a few years..I don't start til first of June, so that gives me time to catch everything up. Guess our trip in August is on hold right now, but this is more important. Pay and hours aren't the greatest, but just paying in those last 4 quarters are my goal.

Pat glad to hear your mom will be heading home, hope the shot will improve her health issues. Will continue to remember you all in prayer. It rained all afternoon yesterday, we are water logged.....I can't put out weed killer til it dries up and warms up.

Phyllis sorry that the pooch has the ear issue now.....Gracie got a hair cut this morning....

Renate the furniture isn't gone yet, still waiting for a call, I have a good bit of stuff ready for the movers to load up, going to take pictures as it goes out the door, just for my records. How is the baby?

Gramma what did you order? Supper sounds yummy.....

Jess sorry the co-worker went home sick......at least you have some time for the TY notes.....always busy with SC too.......

Well I need to get busy with supper...bought some squash at the store yesterday, picked up a couple green vidalias on the way home, gets some beans on and cornbread....yummy veggie supper.....hello to all that drop in....later.....

Phyllis Offline
#92 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:26:12 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Good evening everyone. Did some cleaning while the dogs were at the groomer. Cody did fine. DH mowed the grass then it rained and Cody and Scooter just had to go visit with next door neighbor dogs and their grooming quickly went down the drain. Had to wash their green feet, well Cody's were green, couldn't tell on Scooter except for his one and only white paw but he got his washed also.

Got a call from my brother's wife this afternoon. They had taken their dog to the vet for his normal immunizations and while he was there he had a reaction to the shots and had to be put on iv', catheter, etc. They kept him the rest of the day. He is OK now but vet said if they had taken him home he probably would have died, they noticed it immediately and took action. What a scare for them.

Gramma, there's nothing like getting new stuff to get your mojo working again. Hope it worked.

Jess, sorry about the lack of sleep, that does not make for a good day. Cody's ear is getting better also.

Pat, sure hope your Mother and trip plans work out. It's tough seeing your parents aging. Both mine are gone, my Dad passed at age 61, Mom lived to 85. They've been gone for quite some time but still miss them. Housework and yard work is never ending around here but sometimes I think having me time and fun is more important, with that note go to your crop if that's what you want to do, of course only if that makes you happy.

Deb, glad you got a job since you need to get your SS in. Guess you won't be able to run the marathon, LOL. Is the furniture moving you MIL's, I must have missed that in your posts? Sure hope things work out for her at her new home. Sorry DH's day was so stressful. Supper sounds yummy.

Hello Renate, hope your day was good.

housefullofrotties Offline
#93 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:40:31 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Happy middle of the week! Hope everyone has a delightful day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#94 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:11:37 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Wednesday.....hope you have had a great day so far....I got another 5 mile walk in this morning, took my time...then home and cleaned up for my WM grocery trip...need to wear scrubs for this little job and I spent a little time looking at what they have....then home to unload and a couple more errands...church tonight, enough left over's from last night for another meal.....it was so good....

Phyllis hope the pooch is better today, sorry about the 'feet' after their grooming....yes, the furniture move is MIL stuff...they will be here tomorrow afternoon...so scary about your bro's dog, glad they were able to get him better....a friend's dog had a reaction to his rabies, the poor dogs eyes swelled shut, they rushed him back to the vet, he was better in a while...but still a situation you don't want to be in.
My dad was 61 when he died also...

Jess hope you had a good day at work...

Hello to everyone else, I need to get all my 'stuff' cut for 2 graduation cards....and I have to clean house some time this week too....never did get my bedroom and baths painted....that is still on the to do list.....have a great rest of the day.....
CardsForSoldiers Offline
#95 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 12:58:19 PM(UTC)
CardsForSoldiers

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
I just posted the new theme. Going with summer colors and general use cards and it will run almost 4 weeks. People are going to be busy with graduations and such, so we will give them some extra time.

Two of the grands will be here shortly for dinner. Parents are going out for their anniversary. Gonna be a chicken nugget and french fry dinner. Oh and dixie cup sundaes for dessert.

I will be back after they go home.
~pat
RGK Offline
#96 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:07:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening everyone,
Phyllis, funny - your dogs with green feet. They just don't get it that you pay good money to get them clean, and 5 minutes later that look is gone. Glad Cody is better. Scary moments for your brother's dog. Good thing they noticed it right away and were able to get him well.
Deb, hope DH gets some rest now that yesterday is over. I have a feeling that this situation will not be the end of it. Happy for your job, is it at one of 'your' doctor's office? How long do you figure it will take to pay in the money you will need? The first thing that popped into my head when I read your post was, that office will be lucky b/c I'm sure you will come with a pan of goodies when you report for work....
Jess, hope you slept better last night. It's tough to wake up drained and have to function all day. Boo to the spiders, creeps me out. We usually get ants in the kitchen but not this year, so far. I will spray around the foundation anyway. Glad you get a little break on the TY cards. Your idea for them sounded great.
Pat, I'm glad your mom is on the road to recovery. Praying that the injection works and you can go and see her soon. Did today go well too? What are you getting done? Hope the rain does not mean too much extra yard work.
Gramma, did the packages arrive and with them your mojo? Hope you're feeling better.
We have not heard from DS - I think they are busy getting ready for the move. I always think of calling them when it's too late.--I did a little more yardwork this evening, we got more rain today and I'm glad the grass is cut. I'm sure it will need to be cut again in a few days.
I need to start winding down my day soon. Good night. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#97 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:24:22 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Good Morning.. I see the security image thing is back. Or at least for me it is. That will sure limit my posting. I don't have time for that.
Didn't get as much done yesterday as I wanted, but I did get the new theme posted. No walk, no ride, no zumba. Hoping today can be better.
I will have to dodge raindrops if I walk today and for the next few days.

I will try to catch up later.
imnchghere Offline
#98 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:28:25 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

well it was here, then gone and now it is back. Seriously, enough is enough.

Well, I got a 4 mile ride this morning and I swept off the porch and walk. I also pulled a few weeds in the backyard when I went to feed the fish, but I noticed the gnasty gnats, so came inside. I might try for some zumba this afternoon if I get everything else done on my list.
I have trouble with it since my legs are weak. I am still doing the 1st dvd which is breaking down the steps. I think if I stuck with it every day or so, I would learn the steps and not be back at the beginning each time.

I am not going to be able to get caught up, so I will just say that I hope all the pooches are doing good and that everyone has some nice weather. I thought it was going to rain, but I was able to open a few windows and the back door. Nice.

BBL
Dbson Offline
#99 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 10:45:27 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Almost noon, movers are gone...they thought everything was all boxed up...took them about 90 mins. Found a few stray items in the corner of a cabinet, so BIL is due here shortly with my lamp and he can take the bag of stuff with him.

Renate I fear you are probably correct, it isn't over by any means.....

Pat I guess you are riding the waves with HI 5 O today.....I stopped at 3 miles this morning, my shins and feet have been hurting but today they are better....6 is just too much for me....

Hello to all that drop in, I am off to finish a couple online searches and then I will head to the shower and get ready for cooking class tonight....later....
imnchghere Offline
#100 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:08:33 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening. It has been a busy day. I ended up riding the bike twice. 4 miles this morning and then another 3 this evening. I also spent about 20 minutes working on Zumba. Not sure if I will be able to figure it out enough to make it beneficial, but what the heck. I have got to do something inside when it rains besides the bike.
I worked on page kits to have if I do a crop. Not signed up for any, but if I do, I will have plenty to work on. Still pondering the 3 day the end of this month.
I think I would rather spend the money on a research venture. Hoping I can get the trip to CA figured out soon. HEAVY sigh~~~~~~
Deb, I hope things don't get too bad with MIL. I sure seems like a crazy plan, but nothing y'all can really do.

Well, I am going to call it an early night. Looks to be a rainy weekend, but Jim is hoping he can get the lawn mowed at some point.

Phyllis Offline
#101 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 8:54:05 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Not much going on around here today. Did a little shopping and worked on some projects. Spilled a whole cup of coffee on my dest area, grabbed my keyboard, iPad and phone before they got damaged. Had some paper projects which all were soaked. That's what happens when you have so much stuff on your desk that you don't have enough room for drinks. Everything is OK except for the papers. After that, I decided to clean up my room.

Pat, you and Deb are just getting on my last nerve with all your bike riding, LOL, just kidding. I have no idea what the Zumba thingy is but it sounds like it's complicated and strenuous. I have gained back 4 lbs of the weight I lost so need to get that off, maybe this summer. I hope to get my flower beds in next week. Hope things work out soon for your CA trip.

Deb, how did your cooking class go? Hope things go well with MIL.

Renate, yes it was scary about my brother's dog, he is OK now. I would have never thought about immunizations causing reactions. I haven't seen any ants so far but I'm afraid to speak too soon. I heard of tornado warnings on our news tonight, west of us in Indiana but not sure if they were close to you or not.

Hello Jess and Gramma.

#102 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 12:40:26 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

TGIF! If all goes well I should be able to catch up when I get home from work. Have a great day!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#103 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 5:40:33 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Friday morning, up way too early, did about 3 2/3 miles this morning, home for coffee and headed now to do the church bulletins....rain in the forecast it seems also.....oh well....be back later....
imnchghere Offline
#104 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 7:17:12 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. Going to be a warm one, 80's and chance of t'storms. I could do without the storms.
Jess, I do hope you have a decent work day. Do you have a busy weekend?

Phyllis, Zumba is a dance type exercise. I would say it is low impact, but somewhat fast moving. My eldest dd has been doing it for about 18 mos. For as heavy as she was, she is co-ordinated. I am not co-ordinated and my poor old legs are weak. Anyway....I got a set of DVD's. They showed them on QVC, but I ordered mine off Amazon and used my reward $$ and got them free. My biggest problem is space and being consistent. I would like to lose 20#, but more so, I would like to tone up the mid section.
OH NO!!! on the spilled coffee. I think we can all relate to spilled *something* at our work table at one time. How are the projects for the shop coming along? I saw a really cute saying on a yard flag (actually bought the flag for my sis) that says "Wine a bit, you'll feel better". Maybe you could do it on a wood sign. The flag had a wine bottle and glass of wine on it also.

Deb, did you make anything good at cooking class? I still have some class recipes you shared a few years ago.

Helloooooo out there to everyone else. I am going to pop over and check the sign up thread and then try for 30 mins of Zumba. Have a great day.

#105 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 1:01:21 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone! I hope Friday is treating you well.

Gramma~Hope your plan for enticing mojo has worked and your busy creating! Yum to the snickers cake. I'm not a big sweet eater but I like a little treat now and then. The snickers cake looks delish. So do the twix bars...have you seen that one?

Pat~Hope you've been able to get some inside projects done this week. Wish things were progressing a little better for your Mom but glad you were able to talk to her and your sis. Good that the mower is up and running and that you shouldn't have the same trouble next year! I think we (I) probably saved money by doing the invites, unless my time was factored in! Since I can't post it on FB yet I think I can email it to you all so you can see it. I don't think I have you're email address anymore. If you want me to see it, message me your email address.
I think especially for a smaller wedding you can get by cheaper by doing it yourselves. Good job on the ride and zumba!

Deb~Hope H is okay with everything that is going on. Or if he's not there yet he is soon. Congratulations on your job. I hope the four quarters go by quickly and then it'll be done. Are you feeling better?

Renate~Fingers crossed for no ants for you! Spraying not done here yet. Looks like it'll have to wait until Sunday. Glad you're able to make some progress in the yard between the rain drops.

Phyllis~Ha ha on the five green feet. Way better than eight muddy ones! How scary about DB dog. So glad he is doing ok. Yikes on the spillage! That could have been way worse. How does the room look now?

Of course my day hasn't gone as planned but I'm rolling with it! We're going to the chateau this weekend (wet one around here). I have one stamp camp card prepped and will try and get the other two done this weekend. Invitations...we didn't due tissue but decided it needed something as a protectant in case the pressure from the postal machines caused the edge from the fold to leave a purple mark on the invite itself. Does that make sense?? Anyway, I'm going to cut some vellum to put inside. A little different but the bride thinks she'll like that better than tissue paper. I'll whip them out this weekend and send them down to them. Did talk about the thank you cards and I think the route we'll be going is as I had said. For their picture they might hold a thank you sign rather than me stamping it. They saw one done that way and thought it was a cute idea. I think it's a younger thing!! If anyone has and ideas on how to mount the picture other than photo corners, please let me know. I'm just trying to think of something that will allow the picture to come off easily in case anybody wants to save it. TIA!!
I have an order for anniversary cards I need to get done so that's on the books for next week. I see another busy week in my future.
Gramma and Joanne I don't think I have your email address either so if you want to see the invite please send it to me. Hope everyone has a great weekend. Be safe!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#106 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2013 2:14:25 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Afternoon, I am pooped....been working in the apartment ALL day long....got the door pulls off, scrubbed them with a toothbrush/Purple Power cleaner....cleaned cabinet/drawers (only 5 left in the kitchen to do tomorrow) to the tune of 20 doors and 2 drawers..I used Murphy's soap and lemon oil polish, my friend came by and measured the floors....'we' are going to put down vinyl and laminate...will be so much better when it is all completed....just taking time....especially now she has a part time job too....anyway we still need to get the stove and range vent out so I can clean behind it.....

Pat I am happy to see your exercise reports....I feel so much better now with my routine of walking....we had several good dishes last night: fresh tomato basil tart, creamy chicken/mushroom over rice dish, a corn fritter which was yummy, a couple desserts made with yogurt and zucchini boats....

Phyllis sorry about the coffee spill.....is the pooch better?

Renate more yard work for you this weekend? How is the new baby? I know they are getting ready to move..

Gramma have your goodies arrived?

Jess you are a busy lady..hubby is okay with what has happened to a point, sad the way it was done though.

Hello to anyone else that drops by, I need to finish my coffee and get cleaned up....sandwich for supper and I may hit the bed early.....night..
imnchghere Offline
#107 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:00:21 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good Saturday morning. Very pleasant after a line of nasty storms rolled through. Thunder and I am pretty sure I caught some lightening. I doubt Jim will be able to mow today, but maybe tomorrow.
Deb, I am hoping to get some kind of exercise routine going now that the cold weather is over. Although I can remember when we walked every evening, even if we had to bundle up. I will have to see how the Zumba works. I am just doing a little each day to try to get the moves figured out.
The fresh tomato basil tart sounds good. I think I have seen something like that on Pinterest, but will have to check it out.

Today, I need to get my 2 boxes of cfs ready to ship on Monday. I want to get all that stuff out of the family room so I can figure out if there is a better way to position the furniture in there. That room is across the back of the house and narrow. There has to be a solution. We also need to go to Lowe's and get a new toilet seat.

I sure hope everyone has a good weekend. It will be quiet here. No plans for tomorrow, so I might see if Jim wants to do something. Sometimes in the past we have all gotten together here, but everyone is so busy, I think they were all just looking forward to being with their own families. I am ok with that.

Jess, thanks for the thoughts on the DIY invites. I will pm you my email. No hurry. Have fun this weekend.
Gramma Offline
#108 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 11:42:23 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Hello to the Castle and all of its inhabitants!

Well, sorry to say, the doctors are doing it to me again. This is the second time this year one has told me I might have "something" and need more tests. I came out of the scare with my reproductive organs pretty satisfied that all is well there. Thursday I went for my annual eye appointment {FYI-not covered by insurance} and left with a high possibility of having an "interocular melanoma" in my left eye. I have an appointment with a Retinal specialist early next month. I also made the mistake of researching it, and that scared the you-know-what out of me. I have been so stressed out since Thursday I can hardly live with myself. Son has been working, DD lives too far away and I wouldn't want to tell her on the phone anyway... just stressedScared !

So that is my news. Yes, I have received some goodies in the mail and the dies I bought are making the stress much easier to deal with... I haven't made a good cut yet and that is taking my mind off the "other."

Rainy for the last two day, temps in the mid-50's.

Happy Mother's Day to all the Queens.
Hugz,
Gramma
Dbson Offline
#109 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:16:12 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hope you have had a great Saturday....went to Austin's game....they called it for time and sadly they lost.
Had a little rain shower but didn't last long....friend is bringing up some BBQ for our supper. Worked several more hours in the apt....spackled the closet walls, took down the shelves, finished up the kitchen cabinet doors....whew.....still a lot to do....Monday is shopping day for all the items we need, at least I hope to get 75% of it taken care of, may have to order the stove.....

Gramma I am so very sorry for the latest health issues, I have never heard of this. I understand how upsetting it is, especially when looking it up. Glad the goodies arrived and can help take the worry away...please keep us posted. And I know when my hubby was told he had a 'brain tumor' (it was the pituitary tumor) from the drs office, my heart went to my throat at having to tell the boys...and I made sure their spouses were there......know we are 'all' here for you.....

Pat I will scan and send you the recipe if you like, it was very good....I am not a huge basil fan, but she didn't overpower the 'cream cheese mixture' so it was good. My cousin brought the recipe for a candy bar pie, that is one I want to try next....I know hubby will like it.....

Jess I would love to see what you are doing with the wedding things, you have my email.....

Hello to all that drop by, the skies have opened up and it is pouring and the sun is shining.....later...

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2013 3:17:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RGK Offline
#110 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 6:59:31 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello, the castle is a busy place this weekend -- I read all the posts --much going on everywhere.
Pat, your plan for exercising sounds good. Shaping up in the 'middle' is hard. I hope you like the Zumba. Have you figured out the furniture arrangement? Hope you can plan for CA soon.
Phyllis, boo to the spill, but as I read, it could have been much worse. Glad DB's dog is ok, I have never heard of that reaction either. I think we got some storms last night but they could not have been too bad since I slept through them. We did not have tornado warnings here.
Deb, what are you going to do with the apt?..Your cooking class foods sound yummy.--The grass has grown again, just cut it a few days ago. I hope to get the Hostas in the ground tomorrow. I also noticed that the weeds are doing well. We had a quick downpour this evening. Next week will be mostly dry, maybe I'll be able to catch up.--I'm going to talk with DS and DDIL tomorrow. I need some new baby pictures! Picked up a little outfit at Costco's today. It feels new looking at girls instead of boys stuff.
Jess, spraying is on my to-do list, if it stays dry for a few days. Hope you get yours done. The vellum makes sense. I like the idea of the bride holding a TY sign, and it means less work for you. Have you considered something re-positionable (tape or pop dots) for the pictures? Hope you are getting some rest at the chateau this weekend. I would love to see what you did too, do you still have my email?--My week will be busy too...
Gramma, I'm sorry to hear about your new worries. You are in my prayers...like Deb said, we are 'all' here for you. I hope the new dies will keep your mind of your troubles a little. What are you making?
My eldest surprised me yesterday with a bouquet of beautiful tulips for Mother's Day, delivered to the house. And today came the second part, a box of strawberries, dipped in delicious chocolate/nuts. DD and BF are taking me to lunch tomorrow and then we will see 'Gatsby'. I didn't expect any of that.--I cleaned out my car this afternoon and started cleaning up the garage. Before I knew it the afternoon was gone, but it looks a little better.
Hope everyone has a good evening...Renate
Phyllis Offline
#111 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 9:08:28 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. Been working on a few things for my store, don't know when I'll get them done, hopefully in a couple weeks. Not sure on some of them. It didn't rain here today but cool temps. We have had our share lately.

Renate, hope you get some new pics of new DGD soon. It must be fun to shop for girl things after all the boys. You sure are having a good Mother's Day from your kids, good for you and them for being so thoughtful. My brother's dog was lucky, the vet and staff had never had that happen before. They told her when he threw up there were buttons in there. My SIL said my brother's shirt was missing buttons, figured the dog did it but didn't think he had swallowed them. He likes to get in the dirty laundry.

Deb, sorry about Austin's game. You sure have been busy in MIL's apt. What are you going to do with the apt? Is your hubby's tumor OK now?

Gramma, so sorry about all your health issues, let's just pray they are wrong again and it's easily fixed. As everyone has said, we are here for you.

Jess, I would love to see your invites too, you have my email. Hope you're having fun at the chateau this weekend. My clean room is now a disaster again, it never stays clean for very long.

Pat, did you figure out the furniture arrangement? Yes, narrow rooms are hard to arrange. Hope you get the Zumba routine going.

Happy Mother's Day to everyone if I don't get back on tomorrow.

Dbson Offline
#112 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:07:25 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Mother's Day.....

Hubby is taking me to eat or we will pick up and bring it home...haven't decided just yet. #2DS/family gave me a gift card from HL and some Scentsy melts yesterday at the ballgame, so I won't see them today...not sure when I will hear from #1 DS....when we get home, I may go to Lowe's and look for a few things that we need in the apt, my list is long and the $$$$ I have has to go a long way....

Phyllis the tumor was removed in 2003, followed by radiation but had MRI's every 2 years as the doctor decided. He has made the 10 year mark, not sure if he will have one this year..

Renate what a nice surprise with the flowers and berries; have fun eating/movie. Buying for a girl was always fun for me....enjoy your day. As far as the apartment goes, we are just bringing it into the 21st centuryBigGrin, getting rid of the avocado green stove and vent, the blue carpet and vinyl in the kitchen/bath that was put in in 1983 when it was built. Plus the carpet in the closet is the 'original' gosh awful looking brown/gold stuff. Vinyl will go in there. My goal is to make it a desirable little apartment that someone could rent out/Mother or Father unit if/when we decide to sell....I should take lots of before and after pics....I will do that next week....I wish I had made some of the cabinet doors, they are shining like new this morning....

Hello to all that drop by today, enjoy the rest of the weekend.....
imnchghere Offline
#113 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:08:08 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning and a royal Happy Mother's Day to all the Queens. It will be pretty quiet here. In fact weather permitting we will just spend it working on the veggie garden area. It is a bit breezy out, so maybe I won't be bothered with gnats in my face.

No plans yet for moving the furniture in the family room. I still need to get more of the small items out of the way. Jim is a bit skeptical about some of my ideas/thoughts.
Went and got a toilet seat yesterday and then stopped by Dick's Sporting Goods and looked at the eliptical trainers. They can be very pricey, but it would be a better work out than the bike. They are also bigger, so that is a issue. We looked at the lower priced ones, which are all I would need, but had some good reviews. Just another thing for me to be thinking about.

Deb, I found quite a few tart recipes on pinterest. If you have a chance you can send me yours, but no rush.

Well, I started this and then dd called and they are coming up from VA for the afternoon. Said if we can find a place with room, we will go to lunch. I would hae been fine fixing something here, but will go with the flow.
Deb, part of what we are doing on our house is getting it into the 21st century. It was built in '85 and the cupboards and bathrooms are all showing their age. The kitchen remodel would have been a big help, but Jim is skeptical about the expense. I understand, so I have not pushed it, although I think we are ok. We have fairly new flooring throughout the house, so other than the aged vinyl in the bathrooms, not a lot of updating there.

Going to post this now and will try to check back this evening after everyone is gone.
RGK Offline
#114 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 6:14:56 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening on this Mother's Day!
Phyllis, we shared your cool temps today. There's a frost warning for tonight, and by Wednesday maybe 80*...I hear you on your room staying clean. Mine gets messy as soon as I do something after cleaning up. Good luck with your store ideas. I guess your sis will have to watch the dog just like a little kid. I never heard of a dog eating buttons off a shirt. Speaking of dogs, how is Cody doing?
Deb, bringing a house into the present is a lot of work. But it will be so worth it. Sounds like you are doing most of the work yourself. Probably not the floors. Our house was built in '97, and I want to update a lot of stuff. We already replaced the vinyl floor with ceramic tiles in the bathrooms and the carpet in the common areas with laminate wood a couple of years ago. Did you hear from #1DS? Hope you had a nice meal out or in.
Pat, glad your DD surprised you with a visit.--Kitchen remodels can be very costly but they are great, and we spend so much time in the kitchen....I'll have to look up what an eliptical trainer is. Do you have inside (purging) outside (gardening) plans for this week?
I had a good time with DD and BF, first at Panera and then at the movies. I had seen good and bad reviews about the movie--we liked it. DS Jim called after I got home, and then I called DDIL. They are all doing well, but baby does not like sleeping at night. DDIL has been trying to send pix from her phone but somehow they did not come through. She is bringing a ton of them when they come here.--I put the weed granules down this morning. Better late than never. The grass will need to be cut again soon. So much to do all the time.
Jess, have a good week, I know you will be busy.
I need to get ready for my workweek. Good night. Renate
#115 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 11:41:13 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Monday! I hope you all had a wonderful Mother's Day! The weekend went by way too fast and I am behind on too much! Have a good day.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#116 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:16:03 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good morning, a cool but sunny Monday....got a 4 mile walk in this morning, meeting at Lowe's later this morning and do some serious shopping. Had sad news Saturday morning, a former church member friend died on Friday. Found out yesterday she took her own life, 70 years old...hurts my heart because I know how she struggled at times with the loss of her own mother.

Renate we are going to do 'all' the work. My friend has a talent for building and remodeling...she did her floors in her den a couple years ago, built her deck, she has a knack for all things hammer/nail/etc...plus she has all the tools too....

I am headed to find the paint/rollers/brushes for the closet area. The bath will need new paint but it will be the last thing to be done...the cabinets in there are just getting a nice wash down/polish and they will be fine.

Pat I understand the expense in the kitchen too, I replaced only my doors/drawers when I did them in 2002. But to be honest, the hard work/elbow grease plus a little help from Murphy's soap and lemon polish made those 30 year old doors look almost new. I have some pics of the 'before floors' but forgot to get the before on the cabinet. My friend has put the stove/vent on a local yard sale page, I would be happy for someone to just come get it out of the way....

Jess hope you have a great week.....

Hello to all that drop by, I am out of here to get a few things done before I head out.....later....
Phyllis Offline
#117 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:06:13 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Good morning all. Looks like everyone had a good Mother's Day. My DS gave me money, he has no idea what to buy for me. I put it in my vacation money jar. We had a scare yesterday with Cody. We accidentally overdosed him on his heart meds (poor communication between DH and I, long story). I called the emergency vet number and they told me to induce vomiting with 2 tsp hydrogen peroxide. Only got about 1 tsp down him but it was enough and he threw up twice. I felt so sorry for him but it had to be done. The meds were about 1-1/2 hours apart so they told me only the last dose would come up. Needless to say, it has taught us a lesson on communication.

Deb, sorry about your church friend, that is so sad. I truly admire you and your friend on doing the remodeling, she is my hero. My Mom was like that, she was doing stuff like that when she was 70 yrs old. My DH has always done the remodeling around here and would let me help very little so I haven't learned very much in that area. My Mom was a widow in her 50's so she had to do a lot on her own.

Pat, all that exercise equipment takes up a lot is space. It would be nice is you had a room dedicated to that, which I don't have. I hear you on DH being skeptical on your ideas, I have had a lot of mine shot down by DH, mainly because he had rather fish than do the work, LOL.

Renate, hope the new baby will soon sleep at night, that's very hard on the parents. Great that you heard from all your kids yesterday and all the nice things they did for you. I haven't been to a movie in ages. I love love Panera Bread. My brother's dog is funny, he also gets his own food from the cabinet and feeds himself if the cabinet door is left open. They keep his food on the bottom shelf so have to make sure the door is not left open.

Jess, those weekends go way too fast. Hope your work week goes well. I can so remember those days.

Catch ya'all later.
RGK Offline
#118 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 5:48:18 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good Monday evening,
Jess, weekends always go by too fast. Hope your Monday was good and the rest of the week will be too.
Deb, I think it's great you and your friend are doing all the work yourselves. It will save you a bundle, just don't overdo it :) You are lucky to have a nice friend like her. Hope you did not have to spend too much cash.--So sorry to hear about your friend.
Phyllis, scary to hear what happened with Cody but glad he is ok. I thought the kids all treated me well. DGS wrote me a MDay card, in cursive(!). I will keep it forever. Have you had the strawberry/chicken/blueberry/mandarin/etc.salad at Panera? That's what I had, with a cup of broccoli/cheddar soup and bread. I remembered the salad from last year, it's their summer salad. So good. I got a free pastry item too and picked the blueberry scone--yummy. Now that I told you all that you will have to go and treat yourself.
What is everyone else up to?
I did not do any yard work today, need to give my poor back a rest LOL. I've been taking it easy this evening and will turn in early. Have a great evening...Renate
Dbson Offline
#119 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:56:53 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, whooped is the way I feel.....what a day....I got the carpet and pad from the closet, cut the bedroom carpet in 4 pieces, had it ready to roll up...friend had dr appt, way too long wait getting blood....I went to Lowes and bought a stove, vent, ceiling fans, etc....soon as friend got done with her appts, she came out and we pulled carpet/pads/ staples, etc from the bedroom, got the living room done, but still lack getting the staples out....looking better....tomorrow have to go get the vinyl and laminate plus paint the closet....hard work but so worth saving so much money....

Phyllis scary abt the meds and the dog, glad he is okay.....

Renate and Jess.....hope your work week treats you good......

#1 DS/DIL came by yesterday, got a nice card and gift cert from HL.....

Plus had plans to cook a new recipe for supper.....pecan crusted pork.....oh my goodness was it tasty...enough for tomorrow night too....

Hello to all that drop by, I need to get the laundry finished up tonight so I can hit the bed.....getting up early to walk every morning makes for a short sleep night....
#120 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:37:44 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Tuesday! Hope the day treats everyone well. Three hours of sleep isn't going to be enough to get me through the day. I see serious clock watching in my future!

Jess