Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<45678>»
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#151 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 7:43:07 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Good Evening Castlemates - those who are still up! DH is very excited about his boat and as usual it means I have to be 'on call' to help out in all his projects....
Pat - I always find time for paradise! Been working on 3 scrapbooks of my grandparent's farm in New York . We used vacation there when we were kids. When we were going through my mom' things we found some pictures and I got asked to make the 3 of us scrapbooks.... Finally got DH to go through his pictures from Iraq - started with over 2,000 and got it down to 1,138 to print. He has done a second sort by place etc. need to do a few more sorts and them I can start seeing which ones I will actually use. ... Sigh. Good news was Walgreen's was having a sale and I picked them up on a Tuesday which is military discount day so I got another 20% off!
Gramma - Hope your brother is doing okay. That must have been scary. Was he at Hamot? Jocelyn was born at their women' s center. Very nice.
I will be in Erie this coming weekend, hopefully you won't .
Phyllis - hope you are feeling better. Great that you have orders coming in. I had a great idea for you but I can't remember what it was.... I got very excited to see Sammy's leash holder on Pinterest awhile back!
Deb - how is the tree removal going? Are you going to Ocala or have you already been? I am only about an hour south. A meet up would be fun.
Renate - How's that new grand baby? You have a Jossalyn and I have a Jocelyn! No veggie garden here either.
Jess - hope the storms missed you. I liked the animal shelter idea at the wedding too.
Guess that is all my news. Sleep tight!
Joanne
Phyllis Offline
#152 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 10:12:00 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone. I'm feeling a little better today, went to the Dr. and he said I just had a viral infection. I thought I had an ear infection but after flushing my ear (lots of build up wax on my ear drum), no infection. Guess the wax against my ear drum was causing the pain. It took 10 flushes before they could get it all. He told me not to use cotton swabs anymore, bad thing to do. I thought I was going to drown before they were done, LOL.

I've been watching the news a lot tonight on that terrible tornado in OK. So so sad.

Joanne, nice boat, bet hubby is liking that. Those scrapbooks of your grandparents will certainly be a keepsake, those are priceless. Wow on all the military pics. One of my store item showed up on my FB page the other day, freaked me out. Glad Sammy is the star of my store, that has been my best seller, thanks so much for the idea. I welcome any ideas you have.

Pat, good luck with your veggie garden/beds. We don't do that anymore as much as I like getting the fresh veggies, just too much work and he sure doesn't want to take any time away from his fishing, LOL. Sorry that you are allergic to the gnats, sure puts a damper on your outdoor activities. I mailed my CFS cards today, I am a little late but I think they will get there in time for them to get back to their Dad's, it's a month away.

Gramma, so sorry about your brother, glad he was able to come home. Glad you are having some nice weather. I can see the problem with the die

Jess, that was such a nice thing to do for the animal shelter. Hope the bride and groom had to do a lot of kissing. Brad sounds like every other man on the planet, they are just hard to deal with sometimes, LOL. Hope you have a real good time this weekend.

Renate, I have a few things ready to list in my store, they are not custom items, just one time items. I don't know if my other idea will get done so I should just go ahead and list them.

Deb, hope you are doing OK and the damage at your brother's place is not causing too many problems.

It's about time for me to hit the sack so I'll catch everyone later.

housefullofrotties Offline
#153 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:39:44 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Hope Tuesday treats everyone well. The news out of OK sure is devastating. My heart is so sad for them.

Jess
Gramma Offline
#154 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 12:19:56 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings Castlemates... I finally finished Ashlynn's Teachers' Gift. DDIL is going to do the lid and make a bag for it with some M &M's fabric I found on ebay.
Hugz,
Gramma
Gramma attached the following image(s):
TGft2013-1.jpg
Dbson Offline
#155 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:41:06 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Good Tuesday evening.....been a very busy week for me. Several more trips to Lowe's, picked up additional supplies, floor came in and got that this morning....15 boxes/very heavy taking from truck to apt....friend got the vinyl cut for the kitchen. We have some work to redo in the bath, neither of us liked how the molding fit against the tub so we have plan B to go to. Plus today I got involved in some photo editing for her friend and has to be 'exact' for a contest...yikes....not sure I am reading the rules correctly so we may work on pictures tomorrow instead of apartment.....my arm is better but oh what a bruise, it is about 4 inches in length and 1 1/2 in width....I sure can do some damage to myself....I report to my job next Thur/Fri, sure hope I don't make a fool of myself with dumb questions....a learning experience for sure...

The tree is gone, they marred up a bit, but could have been worse.....

Renate sounds like your weekend went way too fast.....I know you will be happy when the kids visit....

Jess how is your week?

Joanne love the new boat....we were in FL last week of April, but next time we will make those plans. Every time I saw the St P signs, I sure wish we could have made more time.... We are hoping to make it again next April...only got a few love bugs on the m/h so it was a good time to visit.... I know the scrapbooks will be a prized possession....yikes on the pictures you had to choose....

Gramma love the gift, so sorry to hear about your DB, hope he is better today...

Pat I saw Jackie's pics on FB too...that was one big tree, plus seems like there was one with nice size hail. Did you get your yard work done? Finally got our grass cut today, boy it was growing fast with all our rain.

Phyllis sorry you have been sick, hope you are better soon....how is the pooch today? Gracie had to get another dose of tummy med tonight....if she isn't better she goes to the vet Friday....

Neighbor came up yesterday and made 3 grad cards, this afternoon we did two of the candy tins, plus some candy in a small bag for her nephew....they had a rain gauge with 5 inches Saturday, of course the news said we had 4 1/2 but I think it was way over 5.....

I am beat tonight and need to get some towels in the dryer.....still walking but down to 3 1/2 to 4 miles for me....6 was just too hard on my shins/feet......have a great night....

imnchghere Offline
#156 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:36:01 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good evening in the castle. Thought I would stop by before I call it a night. It has been a long day with not much productivity. Seems like nothing is going quite right and I am out of energy. We didn't get the plants put in, but I am going to try to do it tomorrow. Jim did the lawn mowed and I think edged. We wasted an hour in Kohls trying to decide on a suitcase. Finally got one.
Deb, I am amazed at all the things you and your friends are doing yourselves on the apartment. Sweat equity is so good.
Phyllis, we aren't planting all that much and I am not sure how much we will harvest as we are kind of late on some things. But it is fun to pick the tomatoes and hopefully we will get a few meals of green beans. We also have pepper plants.
Joanne, that is neat about the albums for the family. I need to work on my Heritage album. Haven't done any pages in it for a long time. I have done lots of pages of the current family events. Although I do pick and choose on those. Jim has very few pictures from his service. I do want to put all hs awards and letters into an album, along with pictures of his medals and ribbons.
Renate, sometimes I kick myself for not doing things that could have been done while watching mindless TV shows. I could sort papers and have them done. I find myself wasting a lot of time.
Jess, tomorrow is MOW and I hope it treats you well. I keep forgetting this is a long weekend coming up.
Gramma, I LOVE the jar for the teacher gift. I have some of those ribbons you used.

Well this has taken me an hour to type. I know I have missed a lot, but I need to go to bed.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 21, 2013 9:37:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nana22Nina22 Offline
#157 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 12:55:03 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Happy MOW day. The boat is now hung behind the house. We put it in yesterday. DH said the ride from the boat launch was very smooth. It is a used boat so there a few things that need to be fixed but nothing mechanical.
Phyllis - glad you are feeling better. The ear cleaning sounds like it was a whole lot fun :/ If I ever remember the great idea I had I will let you know!!!
Gramma - What a cute idea for DGD's teacher. She'll love it I am sure.
Deb - I will put you on my calendar for next year LOL! Gotta love those love bugs! That sounds like a doozy of a bruise. Hope it heals fast. Sorry to hear Gracie isn't feeling well. I guess I missed the part about you getting a job?
Pat - I bet you could make Jim a really neat album just using his medals and awards. Does he have an "I Love Me" room?
Hello to Jess and Renate - Know you are both are looking forward to the 3 day weekend!
My heart goes out to all the people in OK. Such devastation ...

Have a good rest of the day. Tonight is $4.00 burger night!
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#158 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:13:40 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Wednesday, looks like a nice storm wants to roll in, thunder....no rain just yet...probably about the time we need to get ready for church it will hit....

I got some of the new baseboard and quarter round stained, Monday we should be able to finish the kitchen floor/trim. Bath needs the toilet put back, painting too, but I guess I can get the paint next week. It isn't a big room, nor lots of wall to cover either....a new shower curtain will spiff it up. We did get the pictures done for her friend and that is marked off our list.

Hubby's aunt called after lunch today, she has exploratory surgery on Friday, she has stomach cancer....we are very concerned and pray this is the right decision.

Pat I have amazed myself with what I have done in the apartment....we didn't do anything this morning except change out the molding in the bath with another product....but it required another trip to Lowe's...we will be on first name basis soon over there.....a little over budget but have quiet a few things to return, so I hope it will be close....

Joanne you need to get a pic of 'you' in the boat for us to see....going to work a few hours a month at a physicians office, just need to earn enough to finish out my quarters in SS, only lack 4....otherwise I can't draw it.....better me to draw than someone that hasn't worked for it.....

Hello to all that drop in, need to hit the shower, lots to do this afternoon......if I don't check in tomorrow (house cleaning day) think about us at 8pm central time as we watch our first grandchild graduate from high school. I have had some emotional times this week, seems like only yesterday she was born.....where have the years gone? Here is our 'baby'.....beautiful.....

Later....

#159 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 3:22:02 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello!

Renate~I hope this upcoming long weekend is full of relaxation and fun for you. Somehow I think you'll fill it with work.

Joanne~You and DH always seem to have plenty of projects! Are you done flipping houses for a while? Glad you've been to Paradise! Good to hear the boat stayed on top of the water!! I'm sure you'll get oodles of hours of fun on it.

Phyllis~Yikes on the infection and the ear troubles. Sure hope all is better soon. Hard to deal with sometimes?? Driving me crazy lately!!

Gramma~The jar is totally cute! What a fun, original idea.

Deb~Glad your arm is healing. You really are going to town on the apartment. How do you feel about work as your starting date gets closer? Probably doesn't matter, its got to get done, right?? My week could be better but it's almost over. Hope all goes well with the aunt. Cancer just sucks. It's hard when the kids grow up...I'll be thinking of you.

Pat~Sorry to hear the productivity was low. Hope you're feeling rejuvinated today. Are the extra yard projects all caught up?

Computer problems here. When I tried to open ie this morning it wouldn't open. Spent about an hour working on it today. Good thing for the iPad so I could google to try and toubleshoot. Sure hope it stays fixed. The kids told me they are going to do the kiss/donatino idea at the reception. The donations will either go to the local cancer care clinic or the one in Green Bay where the brides mom was treated for 17 years. I need to peel potatoes for dinner. Have a nice evening.

Jess
RGK Offline
#160 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 8:08:48 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Good evening ladies,
Gramma, love the jar, and M&Ms are a favorite treat. The teacher will love it too. How's your brother doing?
Joanne, where are you taking your boat?--The scrapbooks will be treasured. Good deal on the pix. I didn't know Walgreens gives a mil discount. I still have 2 free 100 picture coupons from Costco. I will use one of them for the baby pictures. Can't wait to meet the baby.
Phyllis, glad you are feeling better and didn't drown LOL. I hope the ear treatment was not too painful. It's neat that you saw your item on FB.
Deb, looks like you'll be done soon with the apartment. What color is your bruise today? Your DGD is beautiful, all grown up. Yes time flies. What are her plans for after school? Sorry about your DH's aunt's upcoming surgery. Hope it goes as well as can be expected.--Enjoy your free days before you start your new job. You'll do fine!!
Pat, hope today went better for you and you got done what you had planned. I do that too, watching TV and not doing something productive. It's usually b/c I'm just too tired.
Jess, you are kidding right? I'm sure mowing will be needed again and laundry and cleaning etc. I will make time to play though since I have an extra day. Follow your own advise too ok? Yikes to your computer issue, hope it stays fixed. Have a great Thursday.
I have a routine dr appointment tomorrow and am taking the day off. I'll pay for it Friday but oh well. Good night, Renate
#161 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:39:32 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

'Morning! Hope everyone has a delightful day!

Renate~Ha ha! I know exactly what you mean. Glad you'll squeeze in some play time. Good luck at the doctor.

Jess
imnchghere Offline
#162 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:19:13 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon.. had great plans to be productive today, but we all know about plans. The day is only part over though, so maybe here is still hope.

Joanne, Jim doesn't have an I love me room. He does have a few awards that are plaques, but they are not hanging. One he got from the carrier when he retired. It is the shape of a carrier flight deck and has all of his duty stations engraved on brass plates. It is maybe 3' long. Kind of cool.

Renate, sometimes I have good intentions, but end up just zoning. Even dozing off. I have some pictures to print and I hope to get them done this evening. I also want to work on the 2 RAK boxes I am filling with odds and ends scrapping stuff. I had to go to the PO to pick up a couple small flat rate boxes.

I haven't talked to my sister/mom this week. Today is the follow up appt and then tomorrow they will head down to my sister's in Santa Rosa for a few days. They have tickets to see Celtic Women live on Tues. I am confident that if there were any problems, they would have called me. Or at least I hope so.

Deb, your dgd is a lovely young lady. I am sure you are very proud. I keep thinking how I am sure Jim & I could do the wood flooring upstairs and save a ton of $$, but then I worry if we ran into a problem. He isn't confident we could do a good job.

Well, I need to take care of a few things on my to do list that I keep forgetting, so I will say hello to everyone else and do some more *ketch-up* on here later.

Phyllis Offline
#163 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:31:46 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone, I've read everything but can't begin to comment on everything. My viral infection did not get better, got worse. I have been totally out of it since Monday, may have to call the Dr again. Sure been watching a lot of news on TV, very depressing.

Hope everyone is having a good day. Hope to catch up later.
Dbson Offline
#164 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:31:43 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Friday, hope the weather will be nice to you if your plans include being outside......we are going to be hanging out at the house and working around the apartment, got a call the stove is in....we are not ready for it yet....so that will be the first thing we do once my friend gets home from GA....they will put the stove in place but need a gas person to hook it up.....

Graduation was nice, although it was so hot in the place you could not breath.....didn't get home til after 10, never found DGD after it was over....so no pics of her with us, oh well....

Phyllis I am so sorry you are still sick, please let us know how you are as soon as you are up to it....big hugs.....

Jess I am about as ready to start the job as I guess I can be....butterflies will start I am sure....but hey, look at it this way....I can quit any time I want....but if I am only working 2 days every 2 weeks, that will suit me just fine.....just take longer to pay in, but oh well....

I got half the house cleaned yesterday, then the patio was taken care of.....need to wash some of the wood, but that can be done any time......got the rest of the pollen out of there, bicycle is nice and clean too....washed all the tables, chairs, etc....

Hello to all that drop in, I need to get busy this morning and finish the house. Hubby will be running some errands for me so I can have some time in the den to work.....just saw my new phone will be delivered by end of day so I need to finish my work as soon as I can......will check in later......
imnchghere Offline
#165 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 6:00:22 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning.. heavy rains last night and windy this morning. Plan is to walk, just not sure when. We are still having rain off and on.
Phyllis I am so sorry your still not feeling well. I hope you kick it soon. I had to quit watching the news channels. It wasn't that I didn't care, it was just dragging me down. I catch enough on the evening news and FB to keep me aware of what is going on in the world. Anyway, take it easy and we will understand if you aren't around.

Deb, sorry about graduation being so hot/stuffy. Graduations here are held in DC a lot. Stephanie's was at Constitution Hall and Kristen's at The Kennedy Center. Nice venues but involve travel.

Today I am going to print copies of the pictures of my grandmother and father. Hoping they don't require much photo shop. We will see. I want to take copies of them to my sister when I go to CA.

I have also got to get the RAK boxes together of scrapping stuff. Jim took the huge cactus out of the winter home (spare bedroom), so now I have a spot to set up a table to work on. Long story, not worth explaining.

Jess, I hope today goes smooth and you can relax/enjoy the long weekend.

No big plans here. We are going to youngest dgs's baseball game tomorrow afternoon. I would have liked to have gone to my SU friend's open house, but I really don't need anything and Jim would have had to sit in the car. It is halfway to the ball game, so timing isn't working.

Time to get busy here. Hello to everyone else.

#166 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:58:06 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday!

Pat~Darn those plans. I know all too well what can happen to them. Hope things went well with your moms appointment. I'm sure you would have heard if it were anything otherwise. Enjoy your walk. Enjoy your weekend. Hope DGS team wins...or at least the have fun!

Phyllis~So sorry ot hear you're not deoing well. Please call the doctor and keep us posted. I'm with Pat that I can only watch so much of the news. I'm a pretty well balanced person but I get too emotional with devastation like that. Lost/dying pets too. Brad has advised me that I need to stop following the missing/hurt animal stuff on FB. I cry. The pets in OKC about did me in the other day.

Deb~Glad graduation was nice. Wish you could have had pictures with DGD. Good luck with all those projects!

Hi Renate, Gramma and Joanne!

Busy here. Didn't sit down until 8:45 last night when I crawled into bed. I'm beat. A few more errands today and I'm packed up and waiting to hear from Brad. He went up last night and needed a few things. He better hurry up because this boat is about to sail.
Have a fabulous weekend! Be safe.

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#167 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 5:34:12 PM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Happy Friday everyone,
Heading out at 4:30 am to catch a flight up to PA DD's tomorrow morning. DH has already headed to bed....it is only 8 o'clock. I can't go to bed early like that unless I am sick. He has no problem at all..... Ever..... :). Last night we went to see Steve Martin in concert. For those of you who don't know, he is an awesome banjo player as well as a comedian. He performed with his bluegrass band and was really fantastic.
Phyllis - sorry to see you are still feeling bad. Hope you kick it soon. I repinned Sammy's leash holder on Pinterest for you and anyone else.
Renate are you doing a baby album? I have done several lately but think I am done for awhile. They are the type where they put in their own pictures.
Deb - sorry you have to go back to work but I think it is a smart decision - and it is your money;). Your DGD is so pretty. She is the one you got the car for, correct? Wish you could have gotten a picture with her too. Any news on DH aunt?
Jess - yes, it is always good when a boat stays afloat !!! We have not bought any more houses. The three we have are all rented and doing well. The market has turned a bit down here so there have been none that really fit our "business plan".
Pat - hope your mom is okay and they enjoyed the concert. DH and I have been to 2 Celtic music events lately. One was a local performer and the other was Ennis from Newfoundland. Both were a lot fun.
Not ready for sleep yet and I need to finish getting stuff together for tomorrow.
Have a a safe Memorial Day weekend. So glad to be part of a group supporting our soldiers.
Joanne
Dbson Offline
#168 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:06:44 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Saturday to all.....hope you all have a great weekend whatever the plans may be. I just watched a clip on NBC of the soldiers and the unknown tomb....brings tears to your eyes....especially having been there in person.

Passed on my scrap night last night, passed on a scrap day today....just too much to do to go...spent a little while in the apt cleaning up and moving things around...friend is coming so we can get the molding down and vent up at the stove, hope they will be able to deliver sometime Tuesday....Gracie made another trip to the vet yesterday, more meds, still has a sore throat....a bit better this morning...

Got my new iPhone late yesterday, spent at least an hour on the phone getting it all set up, think I am going to LOVE it, said I would NEVER buy one of those.....eating my words right now.....old phone had zero value so will put it up....sadly hubby doesn't care for the smart phone so he would never use it, he still has a small flip phone that is all he wants.

Joanne have a great trip, guess you are already in the air and may even been at DD's by now....Steve Martin is a funny guy, seems I remember he is musically talented.....haven't heard yet from hubby's aunt, we figured it would be a couple days before we heard from her son....praying no news is good news.

Phyllis sure hope and pray you get better, soon.....

Pat safe travels to the game today...

Gramma any big plans for you this weekend? How is your DB?

Renate anything planned at your house for the long weekend?

Jess have fun, hope you get some much needed rest....

Later....
Phyllis Offline
#169 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 10:16:08 AM(UTC)
Phyllis

Hello everyone. I was back in the Dr.'s office yesterday. I had been running a fever so he would not subscribe anything without seeing me. He is treating me for asthmatic bronchitis, antibiotics and steroid inhaler. No fever now for 24 hours so that's a good sign, he was concerned about pneumonia if that started again. Anyway, I'm slowly improving.

Deb, you'll love your iPhone. Sounds like everything is moving along good at the apt.

Joanne, lots of water fun for you and DH. I always loved Steve Martin.

Jess, I hear you on all the sad stories, I have to step away from them too.

Hope everyone has a good Memorial Day weekend. My plans to go to Ft Wayne were obviously cancelled.

imnchghere Offline
#170 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 8:38:25 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good Saturday evening to anyone who might check in. Darn chilly day here and it was so windy at the ball game, we were all bundled up. But it is fun to see the kids play and it is not always convenient for us to go to the games being almost an hour away.

Joanne, you are likely feeling the chilly weather up in Erie. Seems the whole east coast is having trouble getting a grip on warmer temps. Eldest DD and her family took the train up to NYC for the weekend and she had to re figure the clothes they were planning to take.
Deb, sorry you had to give up your scrap time this weekend. I kept thinking I would have liked to do the 3 day crop that is next weekend, but feel like there are so many more things I need to be doing in the yard and the house. All the projects that are partially started and need to be wrapped up. And then there is the pending trip to CA. I need to just pick a set of dates and go.
I have been toying with the idea of switching to a smart phone. I've been looking at the Galaxy. A little high end for my needs, but what the heck. Jim has no need/desire for anything other than something to make a phone call, so it would just be me switching. He can't even have a cell phone at work.
Phyllis, I am glad you are feeling a little improvement. Fevers take a lot out of a person. I know you are taking it easy, but I am pretty sure you are not liking doing nothing. Sorry you had to cancel your FW trip.

I know Jess is at the chateau and is(hopefully) getting some relaxation in between projects.
Gramma, I think you were hanging at home this weekend.

I am hoping tomorrow we can get the garden all planted and under the deck and landing cleaned out. I also want to try to get a good walk in. Beyond that, I have no other plans except to talk to my sister and my mom.
Dbson Offline
#171 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:10:05 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Happy Sunday morning, a little cooler here this morning but going to be a great day I think......up early, having a nice cup of coffee....we made good progress in the apt....vent installed, baseboard and molding down in the kitchen area, changed out the handles on the fridge to open from the right side...what a job....fridge in place and later I cleaned up the floors and got things moved around....stove delivery set up for Tuesday afternoon, bought a few supplies we needed, paint for the bathroom (Cream in my coffee color) and legs for the table I have. It is the table my parents started their married life using. The legs were quiet worn and eaten up in places from the wear and tear, being left outside...it is white now but hope to either paint it another color or take down to the wood and re-stain. I will just have to see what is best. Friend coming up after church so we can get the floors ready for the laminate to start tomorrow. Plus I have to stain more baseboard and molding.

Phyllis sorry you had to cancel the planned trip, hope you are all better this morning.

Pat I hear you on the scrap time....I haven't been to card class in a year, just as well....when I need something I get my friend to order for me. I didn't think I would want a smart phone either, but it sure came in handy at times being away from the house/needed to check mail, etc. My phone was over 3 years old but the screen would not take the 'tap or swipe' of the finger every time....I didn't change carriers and so far I love the iPhone...yep, it was pricey too but no more contracts for the service so I think it will work out. Howard has the same small flip phone I had years ago. He only carries it for emergencies but now if I needed to use it I can text/internet on it also, plus unlimited calls...

Good morning to all that drop in, need to find some b'fast and get ready for church. We have a full service today with a Memorial Day program, special speaker and music. Later....

Edited by user Sunday, May 26, 2013 6:53:30 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#172 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 3:25:55 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Quiet day, friend came up and we got almost 1/2 of the bedroom floor down. A few issues since the floors have settled and causing some issues....but nothing that I can't live with. When the baseboard and molding gets down, a bit of furniture on the floor, it won't be noticed.....
Hope you all have a great Memorial Day, we had a wonderful service at church.....
RGK Offline
#173 Posted : Sunday, May 26, 2013 4:55:58 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening to you!
I had a lot of reading to catch up, wanted to stay off the computer and get stuff done.
Pat, I do some of that zoning/dozing too if I sit down and don't work on something..Have you talked with your sis or mom by now? Glad you saw dgs play. Did it stop raining?
Phyllis, hope you are feeling better, sorry you had to cancel your trip to FW.
Deb, sorry your photo opportunity slipped away. You are still busily working on the apt, does the end seem in sight? I have a Samsung smartphone and like it too, I can sync with my tablet and my eldest. DD has an iPhone and loves it.
The weekend is 2/3 over. I have been busy busy. Cut the grass yesterday, did laundry, shopping and finished the CFS cards. Today I spent one hour scanning, went through some of the stuff in my room, cut some fabric to make totes and that's about it. DH wanted Applebee's ribs so I picked up dinner there and stayed out of the kitchen.
Joanne, enjoy your time with DD.--I'm thinking baby album but haven't started yet. I will probably make the pages and let her add pictures as the year goes by.
Jess, getting some R&R? Gramma, hello to you.
Renate
imnchghere Offline
#174 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 7:03:55 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Good morning and Happy Memorial Day. We are going to be having a quiet day here. The plants have to be planted today and as much yard work as possible finished up. Yesterday ended up being a day of limited productivity, but it was fun to go walk where we had done the March of Dimes walk. It is an awesome lake to walk around, nestled in a shopping area. Places to sit and rest along the path and for the most part flat. Just a few inclines which are only slight. Each lap is just over a mile and if you do 3, it is a 5K. One side of the like is all businesses and we had lunch on the patio of one of the restaurants. I had taken my tablet in my little backpack from the Komen run back in March, so not a lot of extra weight.
Anyway.. we decided to walk there instead of our neighborhood (which also has a HUGE lake)on the spur of the moment. A good decision and while it is 10 miles away, it is worth the extra time and planning.

Definitely will call CA today to see if I can make a plan to fly out. Can you tell I am avoiding this for some reason? I am as ready as I can be as far as doing any research while there.

Deb, that is great you got a good start on the flooring. And if the imperfections won't really be noticeable in the end, it is ok. That is the way I feel about my craft/laundry/play room. With no windows, a future buyer would look at it as a *nice* storage/laundry room.

Renate, we have had a few days of really nice weather, but I think a chance of scattered showers for tomorrow. That is why I really hope we can get a lot done today in the yard. I zoned a lot last night while trying to do some research. I have some questions I really want to figure out. Puzzle pieces that just don't fit, but have all the right info (so to speak).

Well, I am going to head out to the front island with my yard trim/waste bucket and get it cleaned out. First will take a before picture though.

Phyllis Offline
#175 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 4:07:44 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Happy Memorial Day to everyone. Nothing going on around here, I'm still house bound but I think I might get out to the grocery tomorrow. My cough is getting better so think I'm on my way to mending. Sure hope this cough doesn't hang on forever though.

Pat, that lake area sounds so nice and a perfect place to hang out and walk. The place where DH fishes is a great place for walking too, I just don't get down there much; no interesting shopping places though unless you want to buy fishing equipment, LOL. Hope all your CA plans come together. Sometimes you have to "just do it".

Renate, you sure have been busy. It must have been crowded in Indy yesterday, did you by any chance see the race? My friend's DIL and her son went. He is shipping out next week to Afghanistan. He was home this weekend for his brother's wedding and unless they go down this weekend to Ft. Knox, they won't be seeing him again for 10 months. To me he is just a kid, sure hope he will be OK. I will probably pick up his unit for CFS too plus I'll probably be sending other stuff to him as well.

Deb, the apt. will not be recognized as the same once you and your friend get finished. Are you taking before and after pics?

Hope everyone is enjoying the day with lots of R&R.

RGK Offline
#176 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2013 6:39:37 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle mates,
Hope everyone had a good Memorial Day weekend.
Pat, the lake sounds great, glad you walked around it. You said 'we' - did Jim walk with you? Hope your island is clean again. Did you settle on a date for your trip?
Phyllis, glad you are on the mend. LOL on shopping at the fishing supply stores. DH probably feels the same about A's and HL etc.. I do not go to the race. Long time ago, when my parents came for a visit, we went to the qualifications and really enjoyed it. DH took my dad a couple of times, and he never wants to do that again, the crowds and traffic are too much for him. Did your friends like the race? Hope he will be safe in Afghanistan and return soon.
I went to Lowe's today for a few marigolds (to keep the rabbits away), some mulch and rocks. Worked a few rows on the baby afghan and called DS. The packers are coming tomorrow, they will have a few hectic days ahead before they will get here, first her and a week or two later he will follow.
Back to work tomorrow. It will be a short but busy week. Jess, hope your Tuesday will go well. Hello to everyone. Renate
imnchghere Offline
#177 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 7:36:01 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning castle. The mb is giving me fits this morning. Going to try to post while I can and hope it goes.
Phyllis, I am glad you are feeling a little better. At least you have seen the Dr. Some things just take a while to clear out of our systems. I imagine it is tiresome though to have the lingering cough.
The lake we walked around is nice and user friendly. The lake in our development is also nice, BUT...... the paths are not so easy to walk although we have done it in daily in the past. Jim takes the grands sometimes. Had we not had so much yard work to do yesterday, we would have gone back to the smaller one.
Renate, we planted Marigolds yesterday also around the veggie plants. I do hope they work, because we have a rabbit couple that have set up residence on our cul de sac.

Well last night I finally called my sister. She had sent me an email about something else, so we had that to talk about also. I got a little better picture about how Mom is doing *post steroid injection*. What I am still not sure of, is it on a normal pace and Mom is just impatient, or is it not working like they hoped. My sister seemed not sure either. Anyway, I am trying to get some thing set for week after next, when for whatever reason airfares are much lower. I will have to cancel a plan I had to meet with some friends for tea, but such is life and it will go on. I thank all of you for asking about her and the situation.

I need to get off the computer now and get a load of laundry going and maybe go for a walk while it is cool. We are really warming up this week.
Hello, Gramma, Deb, Joanne, and everyone else. Have a great day.

#178 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 4:31:05 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

A quick hello here! I couldn't get the forums when I logged in this morning. A serious forum error was the message I saw! Sounds like everyone had a nice weekend. Is anyone here ever caught up on everything? I don't see it ever happening for me!

Joanne~Hope you're having a nice visit with the family! Glad you and DH are having a good time with the different events that you've been to.

Deb~I bet you'll enjoy your new phone. I love mine...and I don't even use it to its full abilities. You are really going to town on the apartment! Keep up the good work!

Phyllis~So glad you went back to the doctor and hope you're continuing to improve (faster now though!). Will keep your friends son in my thoughts and prayers.

Pat~Hope you were able to get all your outdoor projects done. Glad you have a tentative date for visiting CA.

Renate~The weekend went by so fast. It sounds like you kept plenty busy. Good idea on letting the Mom add pictures to the pages.

The usual here. Work, stuff around the house, stamp camp, trying to please everyone and getting pulled in too many directions and for fun we'll throw is computer problems. I know what the problem is (same as last week) but I can't find a fix anywhere for it. I know to prevent it I can't open a link in an email. Well I'm tired and had wanted to work in my room for a bit. Not going to happen. Hope everyone has a good evening.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#179 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:54:14 PM(UTC)
Dbson

A quick drop in tonight.....we worked til after 9 last night, bedroom floor is done but we do have a few boo boos....floor is not level nor are the walls straight.... Did get the baseboard and molding down....stove delivered however we have a gas service man coming to install....plus I have been painting new legs for the table. Taking a break til Sat, I need some rest before I go to work....Found out today from my bro that an antique sewing machine was damaged, beyond repair if I understood him....so sad as it was given to me by my mother, just never brought it home with me since I didn't have room. Would have been perfect in the apartment....I learned to sew with the peddle machine, from about 1920, Singer brand and all the books and attachments were in the drawer...I thought it was in another storage area....makes me sick.....told my bro he better tell the insurance man it is not replaceable.... Oh well.....such is life and I will get over it...

Pat hope you can get the trip planned and things with your mom will get better....

Phyllis are you better?

Jess I am learning more about the phone, trying to find a car charger. Bought some things you put in the lighter but they will not work in my bug or the 55...worked fine in the motor home though...guess I will buy the more expensive one at WM or Target....

Renate I know you will be happy to see the family....

Gramma how are you?

Joanne are you still in PA?

Yesterday we bought another recliner, sure hope it holds up better than the last 2 we bought/returned...it better with the price. Only thing was hubby wanted a different color than I did but we agreed my choice of a deep brown looked better with the sofa. If it works well, we might get me one later....only thing is at 44 inches wide, we would be really pushing two side by side with a table between....unless we find a smaller table...we will see.

I didn't walk this morning, but have to get back tomorrow. Plus errands today and again tomorrow.....have a great night...but did get my veggies out this morning....that makes me happy....

Edited by user Tuesday, May 28, 2013 5:55:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#180 Posted : Tuesday, May 28, 2013 11:41:34 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy MOW! How nice that's it's here already! Have a great day!

Jess