Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

16 Pages«<56789>»
imnchghere Offline
#181 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 7:57:10 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 99 time(s) in 77 post(s)
good morning.. it is warming up rapidly here. If you believe the forecast it will be around 90* give or take.
Deb, I am so sorry about the sewing machine. My Grandma taught me to sew on a treadle, but I found hand sewing easier. I would make doll clothes and one year I made an apron for my Mom for Christmas using the machine. She also taught me to crochet, but I am pretty sure it was Mom who taught me to knit. Boy do I treasure the memories of those times. I do hope the new recliner works. You have not had good luck so far.
Since I struggled yesterday with exercise, I am giving myself a sort of break today. So far I have spent some time in the backyard cleaning up the small birch twigs that continuously fall. I also want to work on cleaning out under the deck and landing. There are pots and stuff under there that need to be cleaned/stored or tossed out. The kids wagon should be donated while it is in decent shape, but we do use it for hauling things around the yard sometimes. Problem is that they try to use it to come down the hill and are waaaay to big.

Jess, MOW's are good on short weeks. Jim was telling me yesterday that his customers (gov't employees) had to pick their furlough day. One of his is taking Wed, so that he works 2 days and has 1 off, then works 2 days and has the weekend off. He thought more of them might choose Fri or Mon, to get long weekends.

Well, I need to check the washer (throw rugs) and get back out to the yard. There weren't any gnats in my face earlier, so I am going to be out there until they come.
Hello to everyone else. You know who you are. LOL
Dbson Offline
#182 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 1:40:53 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Was thanked: 58 time(s) in 52 post(s)
Afternoon, another busy day. Walk this morning, home and errands...then went to my brother's to see about the damage to the building (which is another story/we are NOT happy with the insurance man but)...machine isn't a total loss but it will take some work. May have to replace the left side/drawer pieces....top/machine/frame are sound....also found some 'old' chairs and a couple tables from our childhood, lots of junk mixed in. Insurance will be sending bro a check for the replacement of the building to a free standing carport type cover. We think we have everything taken care of there for now, anyway. Just need to get my table, chair and machine here to the house.....also got the baseboard stained and 3 pieces of molding. We may/may not need all the molding and didn't want to have too much left over.
Just got the church bulletin done, hubby is not feeling too good....back is dealing him misery today.....
Pat it is just plain 'hot' here today....I was never good with a needle/thread for 'sewing' but loved to embroider things....my grandmom taught me....she tatted too, but that was nothing I could learn.
Hello to all that drop in, I am off to find some sand paper and start on the top of the table.
Won't be on much tomorrow since it is 'job starting' day.....later....

imnchghere Offline
#183 Posted : Wednesday, May 29, 2013 9:28:40 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good evening.. trying to wrap up a few things before I go to bed. It got quite warm today, but we had a decent breeze, so I opted to not turn on the ac. Jim thought we would be ok this evening, but it is sure warm on the top floor and the breeze is not doing much. I guess we were only allotted a few days of pleasant weather.
I did get out to the yard, but didn't get a lot done. We have one planter box to finish filling. It is going to be the compost bin. We have room in the veggie planters for some more plants so I might see what I can get at Lowe's.

Deb, I am glad the damage to the machine was not as bad as you thought, but still it is a shame. Will insurance cover the repair?
Hope everything goes well tomorrow with the job. Those first days are always the hardest.
How is Gracie's cough? OH and sorry about H's back.

Not sure if the CA trip is going to happen like planned. Had an email from my sis and she doesn't feel like maybe it is the best time. I need to sleep on her thoughts and see if I can come up with a different plan that works better.

Hope everyone in the castle is doing good and are just busy Queens.
housefullofrotties Offline
#184 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 12:37:23 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 36 post(s)
Good morning! Hope everyone has a nice day. I'm a victim, once again, of the snooze button. I need to make up for lost time!

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#185 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 7:22:09 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Was thanked: 18 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hello Castlemates -
Back from Erie. We had a great visit. The weather was pretty cold the day we arrived and wind off the lake was just fierce. It kept warming up each day with only one night of wild rain. PA DGD was too cute in her recital. She played a forest flower in Sleeping Beauty and 'bloomed' right on time :) also went to her swimming lessons and the Erie Zoo. PA DGS Is quite taken with DH who is now called Papa.
Pat - I think with all the yard work you have been doing, you may have a pass on the exercise... I showed DGD the 'flamingo boat' . She thinks I should get one;). Have you decided on your trip to CA? Sometimes it's just not easy...
Phyllis - I hope you are feeling better and that cough doesn't hang around forever. Hope your friend going to Afghanistan stays safe.
Jess - Oops on the snooze button. I don't blame you though - you seem to be one busy lady. Did you make any treats to take to the chateau this time?
Sorry to hear about your computer problems. Hope it is nothing serious.
Deb - hope your first day of work is going well. You are one busy lady too. I'll bet the apartment will look wonderful when you are done. I haven't worked on a home improvement project yet where the walls and floors were straight ! I want an iPhone too! Our contract is not up until October though. Good luck on the recliner! #3?!
Renate - picture less baby books are the way to go especially if you have a "formula". Mine are the ABC type.... A - Announcing... B - Bath Time etc.
Hello Gramma - thought of you while I was in Erie -- went to AC Moore AND Hobby Lobby ---weeeee! PA DD hadn't been in HL ... She is in love!
I am off to unpack and see about a tooth fairy pillow... PA DGD has her first loose tooth - discovered it on Tuesday and is beyond excited!
Joanne
#186 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 11:35:05 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hello! Happy Friday Eve to all. I wish all work weeks were four days! Busy but it helps my disposition in the long run!

Pat~How did the exercise go today? I'll say once again that I really need to do something.Are people still disgruntled about the furlough days or are they okay with them? Just my opinion, but I kind of think you just need to plan your trip and stick to it. Sometimes it seems there is no perfect time and we put it off hoping a better time will come along. If, God forbid, something happened and you didn't make the trip yet, you'd never forgive yourself. I thnk once you're there it'll be great timing. Please forgive me if I'm out of line with my opinion.

Deb~Hope your work day is going well. Hope the sewing machine is able to be fixed and things go smoothly with the insurance company. Is H better today?

Joanne~Good to hear your visit was a success! DGD sounds cute! Good luck on that pillow! I think I just need to have someone do a clean up. It's just a matter of doing it. If I click on a link in my email, it freezes everything up and I cannot get into internet explorer until I reboot. A lot of the kindle books I get from Amazon are from email links so it started on one of those. Mad
Funny Joanne should ask about treats at the chateau, I had told myself to share the recipes since they went over so well! One was the best strawberry cake ever. Way good!! Really moist and delicious! The huge hit though was rolo cheesecake bars. Everyone raved about them (except Brad)! I made the ranch pretzels, those got the usual reviews. If anyone wants the cake or cheesecake bar recipes, let me know. It's humid here. My house needs to be cleaned. I'm going home tomorrow (graduation party on Saturday). Not enthused (because of how much I have to do). Brad and I need to run errands later and I want to spend a little time in my room. Hope the day is treating everyone well.

Phyllis and Gramma~Hope things are okay with both of you.

Jess
Dbson Offline
#187 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2013 3:40:54 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Whoa......a busy day.......learning a new job at 60 is 'trying' but I will survive.....I left at 4, dropped the doc off at car dealer on my way home to get his car.....I work tomorrow and I think a few hours on Monday. Looks like it will be about 2 days every 2 weeks....fine with me.....

Got a short walk in this morning, only did 2 1/2 miles but some better than none.....

Joanne glad you are home and had a great trip....oh how I miss ACM's.....

Jess hubby is good, Gracie is better.....took her off the meds per the vet, she was very 'lethargic' yesterday.....hope your last work day is good for you...

Pat sorry about the trip plans....hope things will work out for you soon.....

Hello to Renate, Phyllis and Gramma....I am hungry since I didn't eat lunch.....later....
#188 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 12:35:20 AM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Happy Friday! Have a great day!

Deb~Glad H is better. Hope Gracie is fine off her meds. I wonder why she was kind of out of it?? Could it be the heat? Hope today is a little less busy.

Jess
Phyllis Offline
#189 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 3:12:50 PM(UTC)
Phyllis

Was thanked: 81 time(s) in 73 post(s)
Hello everyone and Happy Friday. Thundershowers here all afternoon. I'm feeling much better but DH is sick now, I had rather be sick than him. I have had a couple orders today and don't know if he will be able to do his part on them, he does the hardware stuff. We are also having furnace company come tomorrow to give us a quote on the installation, etc.

Deb, I can't imagine going back to work and learning a new job, your hours are really good though and only a couple days every two weeks is my kind of job, LOL. Hope Gracie and DH are doing good.

Jess, it would be nice if you could work out a 4 day week with your employer. Hope you get your errands ran and are able to spend some time in your room. Sorry about your internet problems. We are switching from Time Warner Cable to Cincinnati Bell Fioptics (sp) in a couple weeks which will get rid of my TWC email which is the one on this MB. I know it's a hassle to change something on this MB. I also have a few other things to change, one being my store, don't want to miss any order payments. TWC keeps adding more and more charges on my bill, they do not reward their long time customers, only new customers. Your desserts sound yummy.

Joanne, where are you off to next, you sure do a lot of travelling. Your DGD's recital must have been really cute. What a treat for your DD who hadn't been in a HL. I love their store. We don't have AC Moore here, actually, I though they all closed.

Pat, we have been running AC for many days now, wish I could hold off as long as you have, it would certainly help on the electric bill. Of course, today we haven't needed it much, the rain has cooled things down quite a bit. Hope you get your veggie garden done. Some of my Marigolds that I planted are not doing good, not sure what their problem is, I would not want to have to replant them.

Hello Gramma and anyone else who might drop in.

ETA: I just tried to find a place to change my email address and it appears there isn't any, does anybody know how to do this?

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2013 3:16:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

imnchghere Offline
#190 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 4:12:05 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Phyllis to change your email click on your name at the very top of this page. It is a greyish tab next to log out.
That opens your account page and there is a place to change your email address.
RGK Offline
#191 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 7:00:44 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Was thanked: 36 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Happy Friday,
This week went by fast, but it was so busy for all of us.
Pat, what did you find for your planter box at Lowe's? I planted my Marigolds by my lillies (they are all budding)and hope the rabbits will stay away. There are a few of them running around early in the morning when I leave. I hope to keep them away from my pretty flowers. Are you getting close to deciding on your trip plans? Talk with your sis again? You got some hot days already this year. We are due to get about 3" of rain, is it heading your way next? I guess I won't be cutting the grass this weekend and concentrate on the dust in the house.
Jess, are your computer problems fixed? So frustrating. I defrag my PC often but it still runs slow sometimes. May have too many programs running which give me the 'virtual memory' message. My labtop runs better. Those desserts sound yummy, please send them to me. Why does Brad not like them, not a 'sugar' person? I had to chuckle at your comment about everyone ever getting caught up on everything? I seriously doubt it, this is the busiest group of ladies I have ever seen. Are you ready for stamp camp?
Joanne, glad you had a good time with your family in PA. That's a great theme for a baby album, it got me thinking...
Deb, glad you like your new job. What does it consist of? Do you like your coworkers? Glad DH is better, and Miss Gracie is too. So sorry about the sewing machine, I can picture it, my mom had an old sewing machine, treadle, I sewed my first dress on it. I think it was a Pfaff. Wished I had asked her for it, but we moved so much. She ended up giving it away,. Glad you liked working with the needle. I love it, there is something very calming about it. In my school we learned everything, from sewing and crocheting to knitting, embroidering, darning, making button holes etc. I think that's why I have done something or other all my life. Never learned tatting though.
Phyllis, so glad you are better, although now DH needs our sympathy. Hope he can help with your orders. I didn't know where the place is for email changing, now I do. (Thanx Pat).
I think I better post this before I get timed out. Hello to Gramma... Good night to all, Renate
~Phyllis~ Offline
#192 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 8:32:43 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Pat, thanks for the email info. I did manage to change it but now it shows my name plus some numbers, can't get rid of that. I'm going to post this and see how it looks. Angry

Well I managed to get my name back with some added characters, now I'm a brand new member. This is just crazy. Oh well.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2013 8:40:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dbson Offline
#193 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 2:51:55 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Hello Saturday.....almost gone too....we didn't get much accomplished in the apt today. My friend got her pool replaced (above ground), then her filter didn't work, had to stop and go to pool store....we did get about 3 rows of flooring down and stopped....might add a little tomorrow after church....work Friday was okay, just busy again. Planned lunch didn't happen (fellow was a no show) so we got a pizza, I left at 4. She called me about 30 mins after I got home and will be working Monday about 6 hours....I won't clear much money, just want to get those quarters paid in...the sooner the better.....I work up patients, put info into the computer, and soon will be learning the appt/billing program. Hard to remember everything by just being there a couple days.

Phyllis glad you are better, sorry your DH is sick now.....boo on having to change the email and start all over.....

Pat any more news on your CA trip?

Joanne had you gone boat riding yet?

Gramma how is your weather?

Jess hope your weekend is a great one....

Renate did the bunnies leave your flowers alone?
imnchghere Offline
#194 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 1:48:17 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

good afternoon peeps. It has been a busy weekend and a hot one. Although we have turned off the air today and unless storms roll through, we will be ok. I will give up a little comfort to keep the electric bill down as long as possible. Eventually there will be no choice.
Did get a lot done in the yard and Jim hauled a lot of junk to the landfill and recycle. There is an improvement. In addition he power-washed the back of the house and today he mowed and edged. We are good for a week now.
Deb, I am sure you will pick up on things, but I can see how only a couple days isn't enough time to digest things, but you will get it. Glad you got a little more flooring down. I wish that Jim would consider us doing the upstairs floors ourselves. He is a pessimist and I am the optimist. We do butt heads a lot.
No decision yet on the CA trip. I do agree with Jess's though that if anything happened, I would regret not just going, but my sister has a better handle on the situation than I do and I don't want to create a problem. Sometimes I feel very separated from my family and much closer and more comfortable to Jim's. oh well enough said for now.
Phyllis, glad you could get the email changed. It bothered me when I lost all my posts, but I moved on. I am glad you are feeling better, hope dh kicks it quickly.
Renate, we ended up not getting any more plants. I did buy some more for the island today, but that will be it. I needed some color out there.
Sky is darkening here, so I am going to check the windows. I can hear thunder NW of us.
Will try to check back after it passes. Hello to everyone else.
Gramma Offline
#195 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 4:30:15 PM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Long time no chat Castlemates...
Just another blazing saddles week at the Weavers. We left Tues. for DGS graduation from pre-school on Wed. Thursday both his parents worked and it was his birthday. We asked him what he wanted to do and he wanted to go to the beach because he had never been to a beach. So DH and I loaded him in the car and drove to Sandy Point State Park near the Naval Academy. Very nice little park with a great view of the Bay Bridge. Had a great time despite the 90 degree heat. Friday we went to his pre-school picnic (there's a story here but it would take three pages to tell you) DD went with and got called away. Stranding us at Patapsco State Park with DGS and twenty other 4 & 5 year-olds in 90+ degree heat. Saturday DGS had his birthday party at his house in 90+ degree heat... Today we get home and it is 70 degrees and I'm freezing.. Go figure!

Anyway, I'm glad to be back home. Tomorrow is my appt. with the eye doc in Erie. Send up a kind word if you'd like. Prayers are welcome. Hopefully this is nothing and I fall into that 7% of people who have freckles on their retinas.

Hugz,
Gramma
~Phyllis~ Offline
#196 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 5:33:19 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. Been busy the last few days with lots of things, furnace preparations, orders, etc. We have to add to or replace our circuit box before they can install the new furnace/A/C, always something. Hopefully that can be done this coming week. My brother is in the hospital with what they think is a mini stroke but he was doing good yesterday. They are doing more tests tomorrow as sometimes it takes 24 hours before any bleeding in the brain can be detected, so far none but that was yesterday. He is talking and acting normal other than some tingling on one side of his face.

Gramma, what a time you have had, I can only imagine the story about being stranded at the park. Glad you're back home and all is well. I will send up a prayer for your eye issues.

Pat, sound like a busy time for you and Jim in the yard. I'm sure you and Jim could put the flooring down, sure would be cheaper. Between my DH and DS, we hardly ever have to hire anything done. My DS is going to switch the electric box, he says it's not complicated, just time consuming. The problem with my DH is talking him into doing things, he will eventually say OK and do it though, as long as he can get his fishing time in. Do what you think is best as far as the CA trip is concerned.

Deb, did you get more done today on the flooring? You and your friend need to pay Pat a visit and do hers, LOL. I'm sure the job will work out, learning a new job is never fun until you get more familiar with it.

Renate, hope you had a weekend off from yard work. although hate to have so much rain. My friend in Ft. Wayne had water in her basement (which is a finished basement with carpet). They are ripping out the carpet and putting ceramic tile down since they have had the flooding before. We have had a lot of rain but not to the flooding point.

Hello Jess, hope you had a wonderful weekend.

RGK Offline
#197 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 6:56:38 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Good evening castle,
I'm glad to have my internet back. We have the Comcast triple deal and it all went out yesterday about noonish. I spent hours on the phone with my cell, made 4 calls with promises but no results. We need the home phone in case of emergency if I'm at work. I finally called DS and he came over, identified the problem, called a maintenance team and had it fixed in less than 2 hours. Meanwhile I'm still waiting for C to call me back and 'schedule an appointment'. Grrr, I was not a happy camper, pretty much ruined the few hours off that I call weekend. Getting to see DS was the only good thing, we took him and GF out to dinner after the work was done. Will send C an email, this is not the service I am used to from them.
Pat, sounds like your garden is ok for a few days. I bet your island is pretty. We are not very handy with home improvements either. Doing the work(painting) in the bathroom a few months ago saved lots of money, but not my favorite work. Still want the light fixtures updated around the house, DS said he can do that. Some things we will hire our handyman for. Is Jim just concerned about the work not turning out perfect? I can understand that but it would save lots of cash to do it yourselves. I hope you'll make the trip plans soon, there probably is not a perfect time.
Phyllis, glad you got your email changed, the MB does weird things sometimes. Sorry about your friend's water problems. What happens to tiles in case of flooding? We did not get as much rain as they predicted (that's what I think, no news since yesterday b/c of our troubles). No rest from cutting grass, it looks awful again. I'll mow tomorrow after work unless it rains. Need gas for the mower, at $3.99/gallon, what happened here??
Deb, woo hoo you got your first 2 days of work done. You'll pick up the routine in no time. Hope you'll earn what you need soon so you can go back to being retired. Back to working at the apartment tomorrow? I would think you should be done soon.
Gramma, what a time you had. You can always write a book for the grands, you sure have some funny stories to tell. Prayers for a good eye appointment tomorrow :)
Jess, thanx for the wonderful recipes. You are probably in lala land....have a great week.
Time to call it a day. Good night everyone, Renate
#198 Posted : Sunday, June 02, 2013 11:40:33 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Good middle of the night. A busy, fun weekend. My friends were having nothing to do with the idea of me leaving Saturday evening so I spent the night. Didn't get home until late yesterday afternoon. It was a very nice time. Hope everyone else is doing well. Will attempt a catch up later! Phyllis, sure hope things are okay with your brother.
Have a good day. Super busy schedule this week.

Jess
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#199 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 8:37:51 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

Good Morning Castle
Popping in between loads of wash. DH has been working on the boat for days now... So he is generating a lot of laundry... Also means the back door is always open so no AC yet. Heat is not too bad but the humidity is nasty. Had a pretty successful night in Paradise. Got my card tops done and finished the The Farm scrapbooks. Tooth Fairy Pillow is on its way to Erie. Continuing to nag DH about his Iraq photos. I have a 2 day crop in a few weeks .... I'd like to be able to work on his album (sigh)
Gramma - We just keep missing each other ! Prayers for a good report on your eyes. Yikes on being stranded with 20 - 4 and 5 year olds! I agree you could write a book! Was raising their parents as much 'fun'? How is your brother?
Phyllis - Welcome new member!! Sorry Hubby is sick. Hope he is well enough to work on your orders (congrats on your continued success ). Still haven't remembered the great idea I had! I hear you on the cable. I don't get why none of them have loyalty upgrades. DH cancels the newspaper every so often and then restarts it just for that reason. Hope your brother is doing okay.
Deb - I am sure you will catch on to your job soon and those quarters just add up. How is Miss Gracie? Any news on the sewing machine?
Renate - I do two kinds of those books. One is 12 x12 for family with lots of picture spots. The other is 8 x 8 with only one place for a photo - for friends. I'll try and post a few pics.
Jess - glad you had a good trip sounds like you had fun.
Pat - DH pretty much likes to do all home improvement himself (with assistance from me) but sometimes I think it would really be easier to hire someone... We did get professionals to re-screen our pool enclosure and replace the front windows... Just too big a job!
Well I am off to switch laundry
Joanne
Nana22Nina22 Offline
#200 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 9:33:05 AM(UTC)
Nana22Nina22

For Renate...
Nana22Nina22 attached the following image(s):
D.jpg
B.jpg
C.jpg
D-E.jpg
F-G.jpg
H-I.jpg
imnchghere Offline
#201 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 5:20:57 PM(UTC)
imnchghere

Joanne, those are great pages. I struggled when I did the album for Jim's cousin's grandson. Your pages are perfect to showcase special pictures. Thanks for sharing. I like using the ABC's.

Busy day here, but I didn't get the load of laundry done. Maybe tomorrow I can remember. I did get a short bike ride (only 2 miles), but I had to run some errands and then my sis called, so we talked about my pending trip. As the days go by and my Mom improves, albeit very slowly, she (sis) had a couple of ideas that would allow me to have the couple extra days to do a little researching in Santa Rosa (where she lives) before going to Mom's which is 5 hrs further north. So I am back to seeing what days are going to work and offer the best air fares. Eventually I will get this trip taken. Definitely won't be until after the middle of the month.

Phyllis, I just read back to see the note about your brother. How is he doing? I see you are also dealing with getting the furnace/ac replaced. It is always something isn't it!
Gramma, you lead one crazy life. But you always have a great attitude.
Deb, I hope your day at work went well.
Renate, Jim's issue with DIY, is more the time factor. There isn't enough of it. He is also not very handy by nature. And if we mess up, it is hard to fix it.

Time to call it quits here and see about getting a pile of papers sorted. Thinking some can be trashed.
RGK Offline
#202 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 6:03:58 PM(UTC)
RGK

United States

Hello,
Joanne, I bought an 8x8 teal color album (DDIL's favorite color at this time). I like the ABC idea and think it is do-able in a few days. Thanx for the ideas and the pictures. I do the 12x12 albums for the kids' growing up years pictures.--It's good that your hubby keeps himself busy with his projects. Sorry about all the extra laundry though.
Jess, glad you had a good weekend and let your friends talk you into staying the night. How was your Monday?
Pat, sounds like the plan for the trip is forming. Good that you'll be able to fit in a little research while you are there. I understand why your hubby wants to do stuff himself even with his busy schedule.
Well, we had quiet an exciting night so I found out this morning when I left for work and the police was parked in front of my house, with other equipment and tv vans blocking the road. Seems the police tried to stop a 29 year old drunk woman in a minivan going 90 miles an hour on the State road behind our house. She lost control of her car, went airborne, up the slope, into and over 2 fences, clipped a tree in the backyard and plowed into the back of the house (bedroom). Luckily nobody was home. It was about 3A.M. It happened to the house on the other side of my next-door neighbor. The next-door neighbor is one of the 2 that got damage to his fence. I heard it on the news and wondered where it might have happened. DH couldn't sleep and was watching tv and heard the crash and said within minutes there were a lot of police cars and ambulances outside. Glad she did not hit my house. I would have been pretty mad.
I cut the grass in front and the sides and tomorrow will get to the backyard. Let the fun start all over again.
Hello to Deb and Gramma and Phyllis. Renate
~Phyllis~ Offline
#203 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 10:16:28 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone, guess all of you are in bed by now. It's been a nice day here today. DH discovered one of our Bradford Pear trees is split down the middle and ready to fall on the garage. It's been through a lot of hard winds over the last few years and I guess it was weakened a lot with all the wind we have had lately. A guy is coming Wednesday to take it down, just didn't need that extra expense right now. Sad . Good news on my brother though, all the tests were good, Dr. said TIAs, I believe that is something like mini strokes. He will probably come home tomorrow, I am just thanking God for this, it really scared all of us. I cried when I heard the news. My Mom had a massive stroke and it really scares us when something like this happens. That is my biggest fear for my family and myself.

Renate, what a scary thing with the drunk woman. I have a real problem with people who get behind the wheel while drinking. It's usually someone else who gets killed or injured and not themselves. Glad you and your property are OK. I hear you on the yard work, never ending.

Pat, glad plans are working out for your trip to CA. I understand the DIY work, sometimes things go beyond what DH can do too, like the tree problem.

Joanne, your book was great and such a good idea for a baby book. I saw it earlier but it has disappeared now. Sorry about all the laundry but I'm sure you and DH will really enjoy that boat.

Guess Deb worked today.

Hello Gramma, hope all is going OK with you.

Catch ya'll tomorrow.

This darn security image thingy is back. Grrr

#204 Posted : Monday, June 03, 2013 11:38:55 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone. I hope the day is filled with as much productivity as you need. I also hope I can keep my eyes open while at work! Have a good one!

Jess
Dbson Offline
#205 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:50:59 AM(UTC)
Dbson

Good Tuesday morning, no walk for me this morning......worked til 2:30 yesterday, home and changed clothes...to the apartment I went....friend was here and we worked til after 9pm, with supper break of course....had a roast cooking all day and it was perfect to stop for a nice meal.....floor is down..although we again have some issues with the 'actual' floor and not our 'work'. But it is what it is. I don't 'work' again right now til the end of the month....I read the post and will try to get back tonight and catch up best as I can....errands this morning soon as I can get dressed and out the door....the scraps of laminate in the carport are just a mess, we lost a lot of 'floor' due to the size of the room, but at least I had ordered 2 extra boxes....looks like one can go back....anyway will check back in later....
imnchghere Offline
#206 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:10:05 AM(UTC)
imnchghere

good morning!!! It is beautiful. Temps just the way I like them. If it weren't for the occasional t'storms I wouldn't have to close the windows. I was glad to turn the ac back off over the weekend. I try to wait until July to turn it on, although that doesn't always work.
Phyllis, I glad all is good for your brother. My Mom's mini stroke back in Jan or Feb was a real scare for her and the family also. She was fortunate like your brother.
My neighbor had 2 Bradford pear trees come down after being weakened by storms. They are beautiful trees when they bloom and always so nicely shaped.
Renate, that was one eventful night in your neighborhood. I hear on our news frequently about cars plowing into homes. Even buses and large trucks. The latter having nothing to do with drinking. The other day a small plane lost power and flew into an apartment complex.
I am glad to kind of be caught up on the yard stuff and now if we can just keep it maintained. I would like to thin out some of the ground cover we have near the deck stairs. And we need to prune a burning bush, which has gotten way too big. Ideally it should be half the size it is.
Jess, I sure hope you can keep your eyes open today.
Deb, glad you got the floor done, but you sure had a long day. When we did our floor, we returned several boxes, but there was a lot of waste. We tried to make use of as many cut pieces as we could, but they didn't always work.
Jim loves a slow cooked roast and my plan is to cook one before I go to CA, so he can eat off of it for a few meals.

Speaking of today, I have one load of laundry to do and then I want to deal with the pile of papers from last night. They are research notes and may or may not need to be kept. But it is a pile I keep avoiding and moving around.
I will also be looking at air fare & schedules to try to come up with a date. Mom's next Dr appt is the 13th and if all goes well (which it should), she hopefully will feel up to another trip to my sister's for a few days to meet up with me. Then we will return to her house.
Better get the washer going and then I want to vacuum. Hello everyone else.
Gramma Offline
#207 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 11:19:19 AM(UTC)
Gramma

Was thanked: 11 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Greetings All!

Good if not great news from the eye Doctor. My freckle is just a freckle. I have to go back in 8 weeks for another set of dye scans. He wants to keep a close eye on my eye. Thank you for the kind words given up on my behalf.

I'm making a few cards... going through one of those "do I like it or not?" periods. Its been 60/40 keep/toss so far.

Cold here yesterday, perfect today. Mid to high 60"s. DH went off to the golf course to enjoy the cool.

Everyone is busy in their yards. I'm glad to read that some are actually making progress. A few are DIYing stuff.. none of that here. DH has two left thumbs and cracks his noggin at any given opportunity so we don't let him touch tools.

Hellos to everyone!
Hugz,
Gramma
~Phyllis~ Offline
#208 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 4:50:20 PM(UTC)
~Phyllis~

Hello everyone. Another beautiful day today. I went out to M's today and made a stop at the Verizon store to ask about a few things. Right now sitting outside cooking hobo dinners on the grill, a little late for me but DH was not hungry until now. The dogs ate anxiously awaiting the food to be done anticipating a few morsels.

Jess, were you able to stay awake today? The picture of your departed fur baby made me sad, we never forget them and always miss them, been there too.

Pat, glad things are coming together with your CA trip. My brother came home today, first thing he asked the Dr is if he could play golf, he was sad that he missed his Monday game. Those Bradford Pear trees attract wind, they just can't hold up to too much and ours got really full and dense.

Deb, glad your flooring is done, bet you are too. Hope you will be able to get your SS time in, with those hours looks like it might take some time.

Gramma, so glad your eye appt went well. Now, back to crafting, lol. Your DH sounds like a friend of ours, don't know what to do with tools. My DH got him a toy tool kit one year for Christmas as a joke and every time my DH goes to his house to fix something, he brings out his toy tool kit. It's been a running joke for years.

OK, better check my food.
Dbson Offline
#209 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:20:56 PM(UTC)
Dbson

Evening, an attempt at catching up here....friend came and baseboard and molding down. That part is finished, still need the thresholds put down, stove installed, bath painted and then my real hard work begins. But it will get done...

I haven't been able to keep up with my usual computer things lately either....the apartment, work, etc but I will catch up....

Phyllis sorry about the scare with your brother, glad it is under control. I take it he loves to golf....boo on the tree....dinner sounds yummy...left over roast for us again.

Pat my hubby has no desire to do anything in the house repair wise, he isn't much into yard work either. Hope the trip comes together for you.

Joanne would love to see your pages, but sadly my computer won't let me see them, not sure why. Will try the ipad next....

Jess I missed your picture of the dog....we never, ever forget them.....bought the stuff to make the rolo dish along with a turtle pie from another blog....

Gramma great news on your eye....prayers work.....

Renate hope you get some credit/compensation from the internet provider....I always let them know when my service is interrupted....

Need to get in the den and just rest a while...been a busy 3 weeks and my body is showing the signs this week of all the extra stress.....have a great evening, I am going sit in the new recliner and maybe, just maybe take a nap......night....
#210 Posted : Tuesday, June 04, 2013 5:31:16 PM(UTC)
housefullofrotties

Hi everyone!

Phyllis~So glad you are feeling better. How is DH? Bummer on the furnace. Doesn't it feel like you just can't get ahead?? A four day work week is just a dream. I don't see it ever happening! Good luck with your cable change! Is the circuit box change on track? I remember when we had to do that. They only turn power on/off two days a week (at least at that time) so you were in trouble if you didn't get it all done in one day. Sure hope your brother continues to improve. Scary. Too bad about the tree.

Renate~No, my computer problems aren't fixed. I haven't had a chance to mess around with it anymore. I agree that it's so frustrating. I was closer to being ready for stamp camp last weeke than I am this week! I haven't touched anything in almost a week and am starting to panic a bit. Maybe tomorrow I'll have time. That's cool that you know how to do so many things with needle stuff. If you were closer I'd hire you!! Yikes on the Comcast stuff. What a racket it all is. What did they have to say for themselves? Glad you had a nice visit with DS. Yikes on your neighborhood stuff!

Deb~I hope your work days being busy make the time go by fast for you. Between work and the apartment you sure are keeping busy. Hope things slow down for you soon.

Pat~Glad the yard projects are coming along. It'll be nice to have all that outside work caught up. We have to do flowers yet. No idea when that will happen. Hope Jim comes around to your way of thinking on the flooring. Glad your CA plans are slowly coming together.

Gramma~Sounds like you had quite an eventful few days with DGS. Everything back to normal now? Woohoo for the good freckle news!

Joanne~How are the boat projects coming along? You did good in Paradise! Your pages are great! If I had time I'd think harder about putting together two baby books. One for my nephew who'll be a year at the end of July and one for a niece/nephew being born the end of this July. No idea anyway so it's only fleeting thoughts.

I did manage to keep my eyes open all day but it was probably because I was so crabby. I wonder how I'll be able to work with people for another 20 years. I just don't know how some people make it through the day. So work is really busy this week. I'll have OT to help pay for that big box of SU! that is being delivered on Thursday! I went to look in the fire safe box last night and flipped through a few things and found Christmas money! Brad's dad gives us cash each Christmas. I'm pretty sure I put 2012 money in the bank to pay towards a gun, ammo, scope, clay thrower, that kind of stuff. That means this was $300 left from 2011 that I forgot was in there!! BigGrin Very tempted to put it towards my SU! stuff but Brad wants a fancy new shed for his wood splitter so I'll put it towards that. A nice find though!! I seem to be falling a bit further behind each day. I have eight to ten CO family members coming here before the wedding in July and I have no idea where I'm going to put them and I have so much to do around the house it upsets my stomach just thinking about it. I wish Brad felt the urgency that I do.
Anyway, I need to get ready for bed. Sweet dreams!

Jess