Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

malou2u86972ddf Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 1:29:21 PM(UTC)
malou2u86972ddf

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My E2 is dragging from it's resting spot about 6ins to the starting point(left)of cutting, then it cuts beautifully. But all my paper to the right of it resting spot is wasted. It doesn't cut all away, it's like, deep score lines, very deep. I am so upset. I had an Expression for 8 years, I never called Cricut once, NEVER!. I loved it. My DH gave me the E2 for my birthday a year and 1/2 ago.I have liked it. It was a learning curve for sure but I was on my way of loving this machine as well. So much so I gave my Expression to a dear friend. I wanted her to join the Cricut family.The last 7 times I went Scrapbooking at my local scrapbooking store,I didn't even bring my E2, they all use the Cameo. With Cricut saying my E2 is out of warranty, Hmmmm,I'm thinking!!! Do I cut my losses? I have loved Cricut for so long. I just want my E2 to work right!
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 3:07:50 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7865 time(s) in 3680 post(s)
Originally Posted by: malou2u86972ddf Go to Quoted Post
My E2 is dragging from it's resting spot about 6ins to the starting point(left)of cutting, then it cuts beautifully. But all my paper to the right of it resting spot is wasted. It doesn't cut all away, it's like, deep score lines, very deep. I am so upset. I had an Expression for 8 years, I never called Cricut once, NEVER!. I loved it. My DH gave me the E2 for my birthday a year and 1/2 ago.I have liked it. It was a learning curve for sure but I was on my way of loving this machine as well. So much so I gave my Expression to a dear friend. I wanted her to join the Cricut family.The last 7 times I went Scrapbooking at my local scrapbooking store,I didn't even bring my E2, they all use the Cameo. With Cricut saying my E2 is out of warranty, Hmmmm,I'm thinking!!! Do I cut my losses? I have loved Cricut for so long. I just want my E2 to work right!

It could be an an easy fix. Have you tried using a new mat?

a couple of other things you can do.... You could try updating it using Cricut sync.

A reset might also help. http://thenon-craftycrafter.blo...013/04/resetting-e2.html

It could also be a faulty blade housing which is easily replaced. Just give PC a call.

Good luck!
garagesaler Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 15, 2013 7:02:13 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

United States

Was thanked: 2497 time(s) in 1996 post(s)
I have an E2 that I had the same problem with all of a sudden. I tried new blades, and new mats. When I put in a new blade housing, it fixed the issue. Try calling PC to troubleshoot. They are good at helping over the phone.
Flo Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 2:03:18 AM(UTC)
Flo

Canada

Was thanked: 57 time(s) in 32 post(s)
Originally Posted by: malou2u86972ddf Go to Quoted Post

I had this problem and wondered why when it had been working fine. Yes it was the blade and the mat in my case. It was at a time when I didn't realize that you had to take the blade out and clean it when you used certain papers and there was a heap of fluff on the blade clogging it up and presumably making it cut deeper. Also I don't tend to use my blade deeper than a 4 as it cuts really well on heavy cardstock on a 4. The other problem I had was my mat and they were a little bent. They appeared to sit flat on the table but there was a bend in them at just that place kinking up the paper and causing the blade to slice through it. Does it do it on both sides of the mat. I know cricut support are very helpful so give them a call. Hope this helps