Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BeckyLarson1 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 3:15:39 AM(UTC)
BeckyLarson1

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 257 time(s) in 244 post(s)
I tried to upload my gypsy to the ccr and it said i needed to update sync. I tried to update it for over 2 hours and it just said updating so I restarted my computer and I left it running over night and it still says updating sync.
Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong? Should my gypsy be plugged in to the computer or not? Any tips would be great thank you!
Becky
scrapincovers Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:02:53 AM(UTC)
scrapincovers

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 125 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BeckyLarson1 Go to Quoted Post
I tried to upload my gypsy to the ccr and it said i needed to update sync. I tried to update it for over 2 hours and it just said updating so I restarted my computer and I left it running over night and it still says updating sync.
Can anyone tell me if I am doing something wrong? Should my gypsy be plugged in to the computer or not? Any tips would be great thank you!
Becky

My computer is Windows XP and I am having the same problem, along with everything she tried, I made sure I have an updated version of Java.

Edited by user Thursday, April 18, 2013 5:49:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PamM Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2013 12:53:16 PM(UTC)
PamM

United States

Was thanked: 60 time(s) in 43 post(s)
I have XP also and was having the same problem. What I did was to click download on this page
http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync/ and then I clicked "replace" when it asked me what to do with the download. HTH
scrapincovers Offline
#4 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 3:59:05 PM(UTC)
scrapincovers

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 125 post(s)
I got it to work! And funny thing is...all I had to do was read the directions! Well, almost! I did have to UNINSTALl my Cricut Sync first then install the new one with the link in the email. Did you ladies get the email? Go to the email and follow the steps. My only additional step, was unclear in their directions, once you install the new Sync and CCR. Open CCR and to get the prompt that you agree to the linking, you will look for a menu called Options. Click on Options and choose Link Gypsy. Make sure your Gypsy is connected and on, then choose Sync and then Link and then you will have to agree.
I tried to just open my old Cricut Sync first, thinking it would prompt for upgrade. Here is where it sat overnight without doing anyting. Also, without deleting my old version, I kept getting an error that a copy already existed. So, I un installed and used the email link to reinstall. Hope this helps you!
cristine Offline
#5 Posted : Friday, April 19, 2013 6:35:52 PM(UTC)
cristine

Was thanked: 87 time(s) in 67 post(s)
Hi, I am having the same issue I guess. What email are you referring to?
Cricut sync has been updating for about 2 hours.
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks