Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

karenbeasley Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 8:50:32 AM(UTC)
karenbeasley

Groups: Registered

i need some help PLEASE. Heading to a 4 day crop and can't get my gypsy to update. I have intalled and reintstalled the cricut sync app and now it say my device was detected but not responding and then it says restart you G and run sync again which i have done and done and still no luck. any advice. I hate the cs is not open on weekends. I would think that's when most people like me who work during the week need help. ugh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
BCGramma Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 10:54:25 AM(UTC)
BCGramma

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
I can't help you, just wanted to let you know that I feel your pain. Lately I've been having sync/updating issues. I'm updating now and hoping that it goes well. Good luck. Have fun at your crop.
Smiles,
Yodlo Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:10:28 AM(UTC)
Yodlo

I just updated my Circut Sync software. When I first tried to update the Gypsy it did not recognize it as being plugged in to my computer. I unplugged it, turned off both the computer and Gypsy, and then then restarted both machines and tried again. This time the Gypsy was recognized and I started the update.

Now it the computer seems stuck on a screen that says "Do Not Turn off Device", but it also says it is "Done" with installing firmware. My Gypsy still says it is updating and NOT to turn it off. I don't quite understand why the computer says "done", but I am still seeing the wavy green line on the Sync box. And the "Gypsy Updating" on the computer screen is grayed out, like it is not active.

I guess I will just keep waiting. If nothing happens in an hour maybe I should close Cricut Sync?
dmclaton1a87af23 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:27:01 AM(UTC)
dmclaton1a87af23

Same thing happening with my Gypsy. And now my Gypsy won't work at all. It seems to have lost all of my cartridges and switches back to the main screen when I try to start a project.

I've been trying to update/fix for three hours now. Sooo frustrating.
lenore.orkwis04e1bffd Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:37:56 AM(UTC)
lenore.orkwis04e1bffd

My Gypsy is at the same point, computer says it is done updating firmware, Gypsy says do not power off that it is updating... Has been this way for 45 minutes. I guess I should have known better than to update on a weekend... even if they are giving us $20 for digital downloads for linking the Gypsy to the craft room.Crying
lenore.orkwis04e1bffd Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 11:49:09 AM(UTC)
lenore.orkwis04e1bffd

Okay, so I used the reset button on my Gypsy, turned it back on and the computer said to restart the gypsy, found the gypsy said it was working, finished and to close the computer screen.

I have checked and all of my cartridges are in my Gypsy.

Not sure if this will help anyone. Good luck.
Yodlo Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 12:12:10 PM(UTC)
Yodlo

Lenore, exactly which button did you use for the Gypsy re-set?

The screen claimed it was finished, but when I restarted my Gypsy it was not the newest firmware, and was not recognized by CCR. I am going to start over again
Yodlo Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2013 4:22:08 PM(UTC)
Yodlo

I think my computer's USB connection was bad. I did not have to do a reset. I changed the USB cable. I got it to work: Gypsy updated and linked to CCR, with all carts on the Gypsy and on the CCR AND both cutting.