Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

ottergirl Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 21, 2013 10:07:25 PM(UTC)
ottergirl

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 142 post(s)
How do I go back to update number 179? I'm having a few glitches with the latest update. Crying
steve.kirk7e079926 Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:45:57 AM(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926

I'm not sure you can revert to the earlier version (build-179) - Oh that we could!

System Restore might get you back to pre-upgrade but you have to accept the upgrade to build-181 for CCR to launch - the downside of having to run their application over the internet rather than locally on you computer.

This seems to be a badly botched upgrade with very poor support to date - a not a good advert for cricut. Phone calls to US helplines don't come cheap from the UK...

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 5:46:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MariaReyes1 Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:45:32 PM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
There is no way of going back Crying I tried all weekend Crying Haven't been able to open CCR after the latest update Crying Crying
LazyBee Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:23:50 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 638 time(s) in 305 post(s)
I noticed over the weekend that if you have more than one copy of older versions of CCR you can no longer open them...the option to skip is grayed out. If you want to use CCR it looks like you have to use the latest one. Not sure I like this idea as sometimes in the past when there have been issues certain builds worked better so I always kept at least the last couple just incase the newest version gave me grief. So far from what I have seen the newest version seems to be working...but I haven't played too much with it yet other than checking to make sure my Imagine worked with it. From my point of view it is about controlling what we can do...if you want to use CCR you have to update...not sure there is a way around it.
CricketCMV Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:46:14 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 8073 time(s) in 4723 post(s)
Unfortunately, I think it is a way that CCR can keep more of us up-to-date on everything they're trying to do. It seems obvious that not EVERYONE can use CCR (sorry to say that, but based on the problems we do see on here from some users, it seems to be a fact). I'm sorry that PC cannot be more forthright to help some of those who have problems (seems to us they don't care; but, I don't really think that's true. I think they care; just isn't going to work for 100% of users no matter how much they probably hoped it would and no matter how much everyone wants it to work for them.

So, in effect, it does make sense that they don't allow people to go "backwards". Maybe it will be easier for them to locate the problems if we're all up to the same "speed" on our machines?

JMHO.

Char

OH, OTTERGIRL, I did post how you could change this on your other post, but I didn't realize that what is being said here is now the newest angle on going back to previous versions. Sorry.