Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

OlwynPlant Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:50:14 AM(UTC)
OlwynPlant

Groups: Registered

I have just replaced my cartridges as I had a lot of printing and cutting to do and got the message up cartridges missing. I emailed support but no response. Looking on blogs there are a number of people who have had the same problem or rather message there seems to be a lack of support for Imagine owners despit it being the most expensive machine sold. Has anyone had this problem but more importantly has anyone had a solution to it.
I have reinstalled the cartridges on SYNC and reinstalled the firmware but no luckMad
CricutGena Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:05:10 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello, if you are using the Imagine ink cartridges and not the HP 97 and 98 ink cartridges they are expired and the Imagine can not recognize them. Please try the HP 97 and 98 inks and if you still need support please call customer service at 877-7cricut.

-cricut Gena
Betsy Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:55:17 PM(UTC)
Betsy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Well, shoot! I tried all of your suggestions. The PC rep told me to buy a new HP cartridge, but the number she gave me (129-377-98) does not seem to be anywhere near the numbering system at the stores. I doubt this will work anyway, but it is worth at try. She said the date of my cartridge is expired, but ink was coming out of the cartridge. I doubt there is a magic date when the cartridge simply doesn't work any more, but as I said, I want to try all avenues before I call PC again. Is it possible that the machine will not recognize a cartridge because of the date? I have several color cartridges but the expiration date is 2012. This is such a pain, isn't it? It shouldn't be this difficult!

Please forgive me for also posting this on the circle.

Betsy
Khrista Offline
#4 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:23:48 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Hm... I have expired ink, and am totally up to date.. haven't had any problems with mine recognizing them. There are some printers that do recognize an expiration ate. From my experience, and others.. the Imagine is not one of them.

You can take them both out, shut the machine off, turn the machine on, insert one first and give it a few minutes to register, and then put the other one in. You can also carefully take a Qtip with a LITTLE alcohol on it to clean the contacts. That sometimes will take care of the issue. Also, cleaning the print heads 2-3 times. If none of that works, then replace one (drawing a blank at the moment of which one.. I want to say color first) and see if that takes care of it. If not, then replace the other. Sometimes it is just one cartridge causing the problem.

HTH
:)Khrista
Khrista Offline
#5 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 9:24:49 PM(UTC)
Khrista

United States

Was thanked: 2510 time(s) in 1398 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Betsy Go to Quoted Post
Well, shoot! I tried all of your suggestions. The PC rep told me to buy a new HP cartridge, but the number she gave me (129-377-98) does not seem to be anywhere near the numbering system at the stores. I doubt this will work anyway, but it is worth at try. She said the date of my cartridge is expired, but ink was coming out of the cartridge. I doubt there is a magic date when the cartridge simply doesn't work any more, but as I said, I want to try all avenues before I call PC again. Is it possible that the machine will not recognize a cartridge because of the date? I have several color cartridges but the expiration date is 2012. This is such a pain, isn't it? It shouldn't be this difficult!

Please forgive me for also posting this on the circle.

Betsy

It's the HP 97 and 98 inks that Gena referenced. No one knows archival on them though, just fyi.

Khrista
Betsy Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2013 7:04:27 AM(UTC)
Betsy

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 19 post(s)
The black Cricut Imagine cartridge with the expired date I inserted did not work although the ink was indeed wet. I bought a black 98 HP cartridge at the office supply store, inserted it and it did WORK. I'm wondering if all of the color Imagine ink cartridges I have stock piled will now work or not, as they all have a 2012 expiration date. We'll see when the time comes.
 1 user thanked Betsy for this useful post.
rhondah* on 6/30/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 7:30:20 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 14935 time(s) in 8908 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Betsy Go to Quoted Post
The black Cricut Imagine cartridge with the expired date I inserted did not work although the ink was indeed wet. I bought a black 98 HP cartridge at the office supply store, inserted it and it did WORK. I'm wondering if all of the color Imagine ink cartridges I have stock piled will now work or not, as they all have a 2012 expiration date. We'll see when the time comes.

My June 2012 inks will not work but my Aug 2012 are still working in my machine. KNOCK wood.
BJR Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 11:30:25 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I have read about this but have not been able to check mine and boy do I have a few, I would think honestly PC should replace these as they never told us ahead of time that they would not work if we tried to use them after the date, we had to find out for ourselves and that's alot of money esp. for thse of use who bought plenty to hold us before we knew there would be another option. BJR.