Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JanisD Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 2:06:45 PM(UTC)
JanisD

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
I'm curious, what do you all do when you get the blues or feel down? This winter has taken a toll on me & even though it's spring, where I live we still have small areas of snow where it was plowed into hills.
It drags on wayyy too long-I even went to Fl. twice this winter & a cruise & I still can't wait for hot summer days....

Today I feel so blah & down. I know this might be a odd place to be posting this, but in reality I don't belong to any other sites LOL.Blushing

I might go over to my daughter's house to see my sweeties. Love That usually helps somewhat.

Thanks Janis
LazyBee Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:17:51 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Originally Posted by: ~JD~ Go to Quoted Post
I'm curious, what do you all do when you get the blues or feel down? This winter has taken a toll on me & even though it's spring, where I live we still have small areas of snow where it was plowed into hills.
It drags on wayyy too long-I even went to Fl. twice this winter & a cruise & I still can't wait for hot summer days....

Today I feel so blah & down. I know this might be a odd place to be posting this, but in reality I don't belong to any other sites LOL.Blushing

I might go over to my daughter's house to see my sweeties. Love That usually helps somewhat.

Thanks Janis

Janis:

While I don't get blue very often I do live in the Central Valley of California and we tend to get many overcast cloudy/foggy days for winter. This can last for days or even weeks. When that happens I make a trip to the coast to soak up some well deserved sun rays...even in the cold. I also don't close my drapes, blinds, or shutters to help keep my house well lit. And if I can I try to spend some time out of doors. I know there are special lights that can be bought to help with it as well. Also the one thing that helps me is I stay away from as much negativity as I possible can as this just drains me. I try to find things that bring me joy or that make me smile and focus on that. Staying in a positive environment helps alot when the weather does not cooperate. So find some sunshine and something or someone that brings you joy. If that doesn't help consider giving the doctor a call and see what he reccomends. Have a happy day!
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/22/2013(UTC)
Sherri Kay Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 3:21:24 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
My grandkids always put me in such a good mood and bring a smile to my face! Go spend some time with your little sweeties!!!! Smile
 1 user thanked Sherri Kay for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/22/2013(UTC)
JanisD Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 4:14:54 PM(UTC)
JanisD

United States

Was thanked: 1311 time(s) in 1006 post(s)
Thanks girls, I'm heading over to my daughter's house now.....I know my youngest one {just turned 2 yesterday} will be so happy to see me. She comes running as soon as I enter the house & she grabs my legs saying "gumma gumma".Love LOL

It's terrible to feel down like this & I know the biggest issue is the lack of sun. My vitamin D level is even low-very low actually, at least it was last time I had labs done.

Later, Janis

LazyBee I meant to mention that I do have a light that your speaking of.

Thanks, Janis

Edited by user Monday, April 22, 2013 4:16:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

MaryStillman Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 5:27:46 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1250 time(s) in 793 post(s)
It' snowing again today. We are suppose to get 4" overnight. It doesn't give me the blues, but I do have to wonder about the global warming Al Gore promised us if we stayed the course. Well, we stayed the course, and we have had so much snow in April!

Promises, promises.

Mary
 1 user thanked MaryStillman for this useful post.
JanisD on 4/23/2013(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80 Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2013 8:49:05 PM(UTC)
dorichatelain44314a80

Was thanked: 119 time(s) in 116 post(s)
Sounds like you have Winter syndrome. It is actually a disorder that is like a seasonal depression. My daughter was diagnosed with it when she was in the third grade. She is now 20 and in her second year of college. We moved from Portland Oregon where it is dark and glummy from October to April May every year. Since we have lived in Southern Oregon she has been much better. I would get a sun lamp. even on of those growing lamps for plants would be good. But they say the extra light helps.

Good luck and God bless
Dori