Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

3 Pages123>
DeeScraps Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 8:55:23 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 716 time(s) in 547 post(s)
Welcome to Week #17 of the Wednesday Card Challenge. Here are the 3 sketches that I've designed for this week. You can choose to do all the sketches or only one or two. We will also post this week's "Ad Colors" for those who like the added inspiration. We look forward to seeing your special interpretation of the sketches. Whatever you choose to do, remember to have fun!

For the Extra Credit, please use a cut from a Cricut Cartridge that you've never used before.

Thanks,

Dee

[img=http://][/img]

DeeScraps Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:04:44 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here are the Ad Colors for this week.

Dee

DeeScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2013 9:49:45 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Here are my Card Examples.

I love this paper and decided to make a "winter" card with my last scrap. The border on top and the corners are made from a die. I'll have to check and see which ones it is. I used lots of Stickles, but I'm not sure they will show up.

Card #1

Card #2

I love the Mo Manning image on this card. She's colored with Copics. Papers are mostly scraps from an old DCWV Mat Stack.

Card #3

This is also the extra credit. I'm not sure what cartridge the "Hello" is from, as I made it a few months ago and didn't use it. The butterflies are a MS punch and the paper is from a MME Paper Pad called "Dolled Up."

Thanks for looking and I look forward to all your wonderful cards.

Dee

LisaW. Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:43:14 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Dee: Thank you for hosting and great set of sketches and colors. Winter card is very pretty. Great job on the coloring and adorable card. Love the butterfly card...especially the patterned paper.

Lisa
 1 user thanked LisaW. for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 4/24/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 9:51:18 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2595 time(s) in 1356 post(s)
Thanks for hosting Dee. I love your sketches, they have so many ways they can goBigGrin
Thanks for the great colors also,maybe this week I get use them. Many times I just start making my cards and forget about the colorsBlushing And boy do I have a few cartridges to chose from for the extra creditBlushing Blushing Blushing Blushing

Your sample cards are fabulous
Love the snowflake one and those intricate corners, they must be some kind of Spellbinder or
that type of die to cut so perfectly.

#2 Cool,(that is what she will be when she gets in the water LOL) you know I love the red, white & blue stuffLaugh Adorable image and great coloring.

#3 I can't remember where that "hello" is from either but I know I have it. One of the Gypsy pre-loaded cartridges??? I love those butterflies they are one of my favorites and the background paper is perfect to go with them.

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
britishgirl Offline
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:51:19 AM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
thanks for the new sketches i really hope to get one done sorry i have not but between being ill and getting ready for company i have not had a single second to my self
 1 user thanked britishgirl for this useful post.
DeeScraps on 4/25/2013(UTC)
Gisele Offline
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:09:52 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Dee – thanks for hosting! Wow wonderful designs from scratch! Great ad colours too - thank you! Double duty for you this week! BigGrin Beautiful winter card in the ad colours! We do see the Stickles and such a delicate die cut for the corners! Love your Mo Manning card – love her glasses! Great colouring on the image and wonderful mix of patterned paper! Great card #3 with the extra credit!

I’m willing to host next week! Hope some of you that haven’t hosted would be willing to give it a try. Lisa did a wonderful job and I’m sure you can too! It seems intimidating but it isn’t and we all support each other.
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
Gisele Offline
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 1:17:13 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Here are my comments from some of last week's challenge:

Turtlebug - For the box pleats, I cut the paper 1.5" by 9". Using a scoreboard, I scored at 1”, 1.25”, 2”, 2.25”, 3”, 3.25”, 4”, 4.25”, 5”, 5.25”, 6”, 6.25”, 7”, 7.25”, 8”, and 8.25”. Then I folded the first score towards the back and the second forward, then the third score should fold forward and the fourth should fold back. Repeated this pattern to form the box pleats.

Donna - thanks for sharing the instructions for CCR!

BingoLady - how was jury duty?

Lisa - Sorry that you lost all of your comments!
 1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/29/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 3:47:03 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

British Girl....hope you're feeling better. Enjoy your company and jump back in whenever you can.

Nana Donna....I'm pretty sure that the corner die is by Memory Box. I know it's not a Spellbinder. I also think that the "Hello" might have come from Cindy Loo.

Gisele....I drew my sketches by hand because I don't know how to do them on the computer, Sad and I felt that so many of the ones that I looked at either looked too small or too familiar.

You asked last week if I used a "light-box?" No, I don't, but I'm constantly trying to improve my card photos, and I think the last few finally came out pretty clear & bright. If I use our SLR camera instead of my smaller one, the photos are much better. I did cut a cardboard box down and lined the insides with black paper. I seem to have better results shooting against the black paper rather than patterned papers. I use my magnifying desk light and position it right above the card. I take shots in several different modes and usually don't use the flash. I will pick the "sharpest" photo and lighten it under the "Fix" option in Windows. Sometimes I'll use Photoshop Elements, but I don't know that much about the program yet. At other times I have positioned "extra" lights around the card. I have one desk-top Ott-Light and two smaller ones that I can clip on to the sides of the box. I think the light from the top works the best.

Dee
BingoLady Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 6:22:16 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 643 post(s)
Dee that is great you made your own sketches, and your cards came out
awesome. Nice xmas card, and the image on the red,white and blue came out so cute.
And again thankyou for the colors.

Gisele , jury duty is D.U.I case, and I have to go again tommorow.Crying Angry
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
BingoLady Offline
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 8:48:13 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 955 time(s) in 643 post(s)
# 1 sketch and ad colors, worked on it when I got home. Came out not to
straight ,and I got it dirty on the white paper.
BingoLady attached the following image(s):
# 1 sketch and ad colors 001.jpg
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2013 11:58:39 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 939 time(s) in 604 post(s)
Dee,
Thanks so much for Hosting this week and for the nice Sketches. Great Extra Credit…I have TONS of cuts I have never used before and another TON of cuts I didn’t even know were included in the cartridges. Sometimes I go to use a certain cut from a cartridge and when I’m going through the book I always see new cuts and think…”HUMMMM, didn’t even know this cut was in this cart.” So a-searching I will go and find me a new, never before used cut to include in one of my sketches.
Also, thanks for the very nice Ad Color Challenge, another awesome combo to make a male card, can never seem to have enough of that type card.
 1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
TurtleBug Offline
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:22:13 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Dee
Thanks for your very nice Samples to get our mojo going!
#1 – Very pretty Christmas card! Like the use of only two colors and the corner cuts are so pretty and delicate. Like the border of icicles, very nice touch.
#2 – How cute!! Of course… gotta LOVE our Red, White , and Blue. The image is too cute, love her glasses and “hair-do”. The banner is very nice, also.
#3 – Pretty Butterflies and matching BG paper. Like how you layered the butterflies for a 3-D effect. The base paper looks very wood-like.

BingoLady
Good for you….doing your patriotic duty and still managing to get a card made!!ThumpUp
Hope it’s a short trial!
#1 & Ad Colors – Very nice, loving the crisp, clean white center that allows the two-tone circles to really pop. Very nice embossed border with the ribbon through it. Great card!!

Hope to get in here and work on some of the sketches tomorrow. Had a Dr. appt. and then spent most of the day at NanaDonna's. She was teaching me how to use the CCR and I really like it. Now to test myself on what she taught me!Scared

Goodnight!Sleep Sleep

1 user thanked TurtleBug for this useful post.
christineramey8b61e521 Offline
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 12:41:18 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 51 post(s)
So glad I have found you guys again. I don't know what happen but lost you. Love these knew sketches and colors. I went on vacation for a while and when I returned everything changed. Geesh! I've been working on a few things for my new house. So, I have some new things I've done for the house but have some catching up to do in here as well. :)
DeeScraps Offline
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 6:34:26 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

I'm off to the dentist in a few minutes so this will be quick.

Christine....So glad you found us again. I just figured you were busy with moving.

Bingo Lady....Wow, you nailed the colors and design on this! I like the embossing and how you wove the ribbon through the border punch. Maybe an eraser will take off the smudge.

Dee
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:27:28 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Christine....So glad you found us again. I just figured you were busy with moving.

Dee I'm not moving yet, I'm still trying to close on the house. We are supposed to close today, as long as the loan goes through, if not, meaning it hasn't arrived in the account yet, not that we haven't gotten it, but we will have to reschedule a closing date if it is not there.

It's so frustrating this stage of the game! I shouldn't be moving until the end of the summer though. :)

I love the new sketches. . .by the way. . .what was the deciding factor to come over this way?
*NanaDonna* Offline
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:37:00 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: Gisele Go to Quoted Post

I’m willing to host next week! Hope some of you that haven’t hosted would be willing to give it a try. Lisa did a wonderful job and I’m sure you can too! It seems intimidating but it isn’t and we all support each other.

Thanks Gisele for hosting next week, it is so great that everyone one is stepping up to keep this going. I hope to host the week after or the next week after that for sure. Will keep you all posted

Christine - OH I was wondering what happened to you, so glad you found us againLaugh

Bingolady - Wow awesome card and even after jury duty, that is pretty good. Thanks for doing your American dutyLaugh Laugh even if you hate it.

Will try and get to work on my cards today.
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 8:48:49 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Christine - OH I was wondering what happened to you, so glad you found us againLaugh

Thanks NanaDonna I didn't know we had moved. LOL! I couldn't get in forever in the other area where Raquel had us in the beginning. I'm back! Oh, I was able to get a replacement cartridge for my Xyron 500 and I'm so happy I did. I love that thing plus I had the small one too. So life is grand in the crafting world. The next two days are going to be extremely busy for me, so I don't know how often I will get cards done this time around but will certainly try. :)
DeeScraps Offline
#19 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 1:45:26 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Christine....so sorry about the confusion. I never thought to post on the Challenge Blog....in fact, I'm not sure how to do it! LOL Anyone know how to get it to show up on both boards? Raquel would post a link on there, but I've always gotten to the Challenge through the Card Board. Hope all goes well with the house.

Gisele....thanks for offering to host next week. BigGrin I know that Sandy is busy with her son's wedding. Maybe we'll hear from some of the other "regulars."

Dee

Did I tell you that they are going to open a Hobby Lobby near me? I was by there today and it says it should be open by July 1st. I don't see how that is possible, but you never know. I think I'm going to be in big trouble!

TurtleBug Offline
#20 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:48:00 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post

Did I tell you that they are going to open a Hobby Lobby near me? I was by there today and it says it should be open by July 1st. I don't see how that is possible, but you never know. I think I'm going to be in big trouble!

Dee,
There goes the budget!!

We didn't even have a Hobby Lobby here until maybe a month ago. Whenever I was in Phoenix for my DGSs Soccer games I always made it a point to go shopping at a HL store in between games. Then we finally got one here in Tucson and.....it is about 20+ miles from my house. I have yet to go check it out. There are two Michael's and a JoAnns a bit closer to me. I live like in the outsirts of town, so a bit of a drive to get anywhere.
Anyway, happy for you, if you have never been to one, you will enjoy it. They have a lot to offer in the way of crafting items. I really like their home decor section, too!

christine
So nice to see you back here again! Glad you ae getting ready to move. I remember how much trouble you have had with the lighting for your cards...hopefully your new place has LOTS of windows.Laugh Laugh
Will be looking forward to your cards again!

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2013 4:51:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#21 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 7:13:40 PM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

Dee to funny, I have no idea how to do any of that, I'm doing good to be posting in this area alone!

NanaDonna, thanks for the comment. I'm excited about moving as we closed on the house today! It's official--I'm a home owner. .. first time ever! In my new home I will have an ott light. :) I bought one a few weeks ago after a friend of mine recommended it because she uses it to crochet with! So I will lots of lighting in my house from the windows to the lamp! Can't wait. . . now we have remodeling to do as it was a short sale/foreclosure home. Once the remodeling is completed then I can move! I'll be ready! :)

I've been working on the first sketch this afternoon so hopefully I can finish it tomorrow when things settle down a bit around here. It's good to be back, I missed it.

I went on vacation for a week and when I came back I couldn't find you guys! LOL! :)
TurtleBug Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2013 10:45:11 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #2 in the Ad Colors and Extra Credit:

Banner - Hand-cut
Sentiment - Beyond Birthdays Cartridge
Butterflies - Stickerdoodles by ColorBoc
Flower - Paper Trimmings Cart
Embossing - CB "Swiss Dots" folder
Circles - Plantin SchoolBook Cart
I used Dew Drop Brilliance pigment ink in "Starlight Silver" on the circle under the button and under the flower. The Butterflies are accented in silver foil, but it didn't show up on the post.Mad
My Extra Credit is the flower cut which I used for the first time. It is from the Paper Trimmings cartridge which I don't use very often.
TFL!!Smile

#23 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 6:55:03 AM(UTC)
christineramey8b61e521

I started on sketch one last night but I'm afraid it will be over the weekend before it's completed. I am working at the new house today to get some of the old wallpapers down and cleaning up a little bit on the outside, so it will be a busy one for me for sure. I will float in and out for a while probably. . .just so guys understand that.
DeeScraps Offline
#24 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 7:07:19 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Turtlebug...Great sketch #2. Good job with the colors, and I like how you accented the embossed circles with the dark blue ones. Cute butterflies and flower cut.

I do go to Hobby Lobby when I can, but it's not close to my house at all. This one will be about 20 minutes away.....and to me that is close. I do love their vast assortment of products. If you can't find it there, you can't find it anywhere!

Christine....hope you have a productive day.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/26/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#25 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 11:01:31 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Turtlebug - Lovely card in the Ad colors, love the flower with the button in the middle.
Great banner with a shadow also but WHYUnsure did you cut is by hand???????? You mean my lesson in CCR didn't work? ha ha haLOL
 1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 4/26/2013(UTC)
TurtleBug Offline
#26 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 12:48:10 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
Turtlebug - Lovely card in the Ad colors, love the flower with the button in the middle.
Great banner with a shadow also but WHYUnsure did you cut is by hand???????? You mean my lesson in CCR didn't work? ha ha haLOL

Donna,
I did try to make it on CCR, but it said I had the "old" version and needed to update to the "new" version . I was getting nowhere doing the update....and, since you go to bed with the chickensLOLLOL LOL I couldn't call you to ask what to do.

Edited by user Friday, April 26, 2013 12:49:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#27 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 2:46:53 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

My Sketch Card #3:

Diamonds - Spellbinders "Classis Diamond" set
"Rock On!" - Computer-generated
Sorry, no Cricut! Just added metal heart and musical note Brads. The sheet music ribbon I bought at the Saas Store.
Smile TFL!!

*NanaDonna* Offline
#28 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 3:49:39 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Donna,
I did try to make it on CCR, but it said I had the "old" version and needed to update to the "new" version . I was getting nowhere doing the update....and, since you go to bed with the chickensLOLLOL LOL I couldn't call you to ask what to do.

That is because we get up with the chickens tooLOL LOL LOL not sleep till lunch time ha ha haLOL LOL Laugh Laugh

You probably have to update your version of CCR since you haven't used it in a while. I will check out how you need to do that and let you know later when you come over later for dinnerFlapper

*NanaDonna* Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:22:39 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I re-did the card see post #51

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 12:10:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: because the card was yucky

*NanaDonna* Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 4:33:59 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Here is mt Sketch #2, actually made them in orderBigGrin something I rarely do.
All the papers are from the k*i Memories classic print stack, which I have had for a few years.
Banner cut from Artiste using CCR to make a shadow for it.
branch is a Spellbinder.
The 2 flowers are made using Cosmo Cricket Glubers, which are huge glue dots that you just wind ribbon or fabric onto to make a flower. I have had them sitting on my desk (so I wouldn't forget I had themHuh )waiting to be used so as an extra credit even though it is not a cartridge this is the first time I used them.

I have my papers picked out for sketch #3 but won't get to work on it till tomorrow because tonight is Poker night and I am making dinner.