Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

cofesqb93d30e0 Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 10:19:50 AM(UTC)
cofesqb93d30e0

Groups: Registered

Hi,
I imported the love mini book ccr (my first ccr)and it opens up with several images layered on top of each other. Can someone explain how to cut these kind of multi-layer files? Thanks.Cool
TammyPuckett Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 12:59:43 PM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 335 time(s) in 195 post(s)
I haven't had time to mess with my mini book cartridge. I suggest you go to youtube for some tutorials.
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2013 8:42:01 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19091 time(s) in 8530 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cofesqb93d30e0 Go to Quoted Post
Hi,
I imported the love mini book ccr (my first ccr)and it opens up with several images layered on top of each other. Can someone explain how to cut these kind of multi-layer files? Thanks.Cool

You'll need to "select" the image and move it to another spot on the mat or move it to a different mat. It's a pretty cute little book!
Olivia'sNana Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:17:53 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 914 time(s) in 448 post(s)
Are you talking about the cricut design team ccr file from the project center?

If so, they have layed out the cuts like they designed the book shown in the photo. Each mat layer corresponds with a different color of paper they used. It may make better sense if you will click on the green eyeball to "hide" all the layers except the first one and then hide the first one and reclick the eyeball on the second one and so on. This will let you see each mat layer one at a time so that you can place the papers you choose accordingly. Use their step by step instructins as a guide as well.

To cut the layers, if this is your first time to use mat layers, it may be easiest to do it this way.

Turn off all the eyeballs except the first mat (Red), this is the outside cover. This will allow you to only see they layer you are working with.The eyeball is in the far left side of each mat layer tab that runs along the top of the virtual mat. Depending on your zoom level, you may not see all the layer tabs that is there. Use the arrow that points either left or right to scroll through the tabs or increase/decrease your zoom to see more or less tabs. Place your choice of paper for this layer on your mat and load, click cut, from the cut screen, click on the down arrow that is at the top of the left side of screen that says "select layer you want to cut", select red, adjust your machine settings as necessary and click cut. Repeat for each layer placing your corresponding paper choice on your mat.

They have titled the mat layers to correspond with the color or printed paper type they used in the example.
Hope this helps.

If this is not the file that you imported - here it is and they have the step by step instructions http://www.cricut.com/project/Project/Index/3726

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2013 7:18:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified