Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sandijim4a02e2da Offline
#1 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 3:45:32 PM(UTC)
sandijim4a02e2da

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I bought the digital cart Sesame Street Seasons to make Grandsons fave Elmo. I cut Elmo out in a large size and then changed colors for the layering, cut layer 2 out. I don't know how they layer on. There are no images that I have found that are large enough for me to see how to put them on. The image show Elmo with a blue kite,layer 1 is all one images so mine is all red. It doesn't look cute at all, do you take a black magic maker to it ??? As you can tell I am new to cricut, have cut single layers with no problem.

Just very frustrated Help!
SandiAngry Angry
 1 user thanked sandijim4a02e2da for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/4/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2013 6:09:04 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Here's some info I posted on another thread:

Originally Posted by: scrapalette
Here is some info that may help:

When you decide on the size for your base image, cut all the layers at that size. Make sure your Real Dial Size or True Size (depending on which machine you have) is off. You want to cut images that have layers using the Relative Size.

Make sure you use the base image which will have the detail lines showing where the other layers go. Do not use the blackout {which cuts the same size as the base image} or shadow of the base image {which will cut slightly larger than the base image} as those will not have the detail lines.

The layers are pictured in the handbook in the order they are to be layered. Sometimes, layering one image will create a feature (like eyes, lips, etc) on your image.

The layers are also pictured in the handbook the way "they go" on the image. Meaning, the orientation is the same, you place it in the same direction it is printed.

Sometimes, it helps to cut the image at a large size (using some cheap or scrap paper) to better visualize how the image goes together.

So, for your Elmo, cut the base layer in black. The cut the other layers in the colors shown in the handbook {or change them up if you want} and layer them in the order they are pictured in the handbook. Here's a screenshot from CCR. The pink image is the base layer and you can see the detail cuts but for the image, I would cut it in black.
scrapalette attached the following image(s):
a1test.jpg
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
JoyceG on 5/4/2013(UTC)