Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

countryscraps Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:44:39 PM(UTC)
countryscraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I went to cut a shape from the Lacy Labels cartridge (physical cart installed at the back of the machine, I still haven't brought myself to try any of the digital images or linking my carts) on my E2 a little while ago when she just up and died on me. I've been using her off an on throughout the day with no problem and had even cut the exact same shape, same size, same everything not even 2 minutes prior to this. I loaded my mat, and hit the cut button as I didn't have to change any settings, and the housing went across the mat like normal and when it got to the place on the mat where it was going to cut, the screen went black and everything stopped. I unplugged her and waited awhile before plugging her back in, and when I did, nothing responded when I pushed the power button. No blue screen, no start up screen, no nothing, just black. Is there anything I can try or is it just a lost cause? I got her for Christmas and haven't had a problem with her other than not wanting to turn on at first when I got her out of the box Christmas morning (wound up being the outlets at my parents house, she worked fine when I got her home to my place and has worked fine ever since.) I hope there's something I can do as there are a lot of layouts and cards I have ideas for and want to get them done!!!! Thanks for any information you guys may have!
Jooniper Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:54:12 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
Can E2s be reset? Not sure. I know the other Cricuts can be reset.

Good luck! I hope she gets to feeling better soon. Maybe call PC?
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
countryscraps on 4/29/2013(UTC)
countryscraps Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2013 11:58:17 PM(UTC)
countryscraps

From what I've seen all the reset instructions require the machine to be turned on...so no go on that one! If no one here has any idea or has heard of this problem before, I'm going to call PC in the morning. I guess if worse comes to worse, I'll pull out my baby bug and see if she'll boot up (I haven't used her in over a year, and I remember the last time I used her, she was acting kind of wonky, but it's to be expected as I've had her since about the 2nd year the baby bugs were out) I hope there's an easy fix, but I'm expecting the worse. Thanks for the well wishes!!!
Narelle Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:23:07 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7911 time(s) in 3709 post(s)
It could be the power cord. Try the one that came with your baby bug.
 1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
countryscraps on 4/29/2013(UTC)
countryscraps Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:26:07 AM(UTC)
countryscraps

No go on trying the baby bug cord on it. Thanks though!!!
rhondah* Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 4:26:49 PM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 16847 time(s) in 9374 post(s)
It should still be under warranty. Call customer service. Let us know what happens.
AuntieKLE Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 5:37:12 PM(UTC)
AuntieKLE

Was thanked: 176 time(s) in 134 post(s)
I bought my E2 last year and when I plugged it in it didn't work! It didn't turn out at all. I read on the MB how to reset it and decided I had nothing to lose.

After several attempts I finally got the reset to work. I turned on the E2 and it worked great!

Since you just got your E2 in Dec. your E2 is still under warranty.

Call PC and they can help you!

HTH
countryscraps Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 2:22:49 AM(UTC)
countryscraps

Well I called PC this morning and low and behold...I'm gonna have to send her back to them. But they're sending me a replacement! I do have a few questions though as I've never had to send anything back to them. 1.) I didn't think of this when Matt told me on the phone that all I would have to send back is the machine itself...but could I take the blade housing out and keep it just to have an extra? and 2.) Do I send my current machine back before they'll send me a replacement? I know they are going to send me a shipping label, but my thought process on this is that if they send the replacement before I send my current machine back, I could use the shipping box they sent the replacement in to ship mine back so I wouldn't have to search all over God's green earth to find a box to fit. I still have the original box she came in off the shelf from Michaels but I want to put that in another box to send it back (I blame the fact that both my parents retired from the postal service for my over protectiveness of packages) I apologize if none of this makes sense, but it's currently 5:20am and I haven't been to sleep yet (gotta love working 2nd shift)but thanks for any info anyone can provide! And thanks for all your help and well wishes>
rhondah* Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 9:21:54 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

United States

Was thanked: 16847 time(s) in 9374 post(s)
I would probably send the whole thing back and not keep any power cords, blade housing, etc. I've never sent a machine back so I'm not sure how the process works. It would be nice to have a regular brown box to send it back in, though, wouldn't it? maybe CS can help you with that.
garagesaler Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:23:33 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

United States

Was thanked: 2514 time(s) in 2010 post(s)
My AE E2 had to be shipped back to be replaced. I shipped it back complete (except for the end caps which I asked about keeping first). They sent out a new one nice mine was received. I had my original box, but if you don't have an outer shipping box, the Pack and Ship places are great about finding a box to fit.
Hope your new E2 comes soon!
Sing&Scrap Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, April 30, 2013 12:51:37 PM(UTC)
Sing&Scrap

United States

Was thanked: 613 time(s) in 328 post(s)
I had to ship mine back as well (and wish I would have kept the end caps since it was an AE2 and they didn't have any more of the green!!!). You need to include everything with it and they will send you one with everything included. They were very good about getting mine replaced and sent to me but you do have to send it back first. That's really the only way they have to make sure someone isn't scamming them.

I was lucky and have my old E so I didn't have to do without. Good Luck!
countryscraps Offline
#12 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 2:58:58 AM(UTC)
countryscraps

I sent CS a quick email with my questions, and surprisingly he said I could keep the blade and housing and that all they need back is just the machine. And to make myself feel better about all this, I took advantage of the sale and loaded up on Suburbia, Elegant Edges, and the Country Life carts as well as a whole slew of Cuttlebug folders and the 6x13" spacer plates, purple E2 end caps for my new machine and just to make myself smile, a Cricut bug plushie! I can't wait to get all my goodies and start playing! I've just recently got my guest room converted into my scrapbook/cardmaking room and it's much more conducive to being creative than what it was before so I've been drawing out sketches for things as I keep getting ideas and I can't wait till I can spend some quality time in there (not to mention the boyfriend's been complaining that he doesn't get to play Xbox as much anymore, so hey let him have the TV for a weekend). Thanks for all of your help guys!!!