Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

5 Pages123>»
Nan C. Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:06:10 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 68 time(s) in 62 post(s)
OK girls, I so want a cat! I grew up with them and love everything about them, but, well...Mark is just not all that interested in them. He thinks they are just for old, lonely, women. He doesn't really think that but he tries to use humor to get out of having to make a choice one way or the other. How can I convince him? HELP! BigGrin
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:24:07 AM(UTC)
jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd

United States

Was thanked: 14 time(s) in 14 post(s)
You can tell him that studies have shown that people that have pets live longer :)
 1 user thanked jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:38:49 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Originally Posted by: jkrflutenpicc7d12cddd Go to Quoted Post
You can tell him that studies have shown that people that have pets live longer :)

Oh you're right! I forgot about that. Hmmmm....that's definitely a good one, Jennifer!

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 9:39:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TammyPuckett Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:55:21 AM(UTC)
TammyPuckett

Was thanked: 338 time(s) in 197 post(s)
A cat would drive me NUTS! Allergies to cats!
Nan C. Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:56:59 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Originally Posted by: TammyPuckett Go to Quoted Post
A cat would drive me NUTS! Allergies to cats!

Oh I have heard from quite a few people about this very thing. I hear the allergies are very potent! Thankfully we are not allergic to cats.
jojoy Online
#6 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:29:20 AM(UTC)
jojoy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 13620 time(s) in 4221 post(s)
I have had my little guy for almost 6 years now. I couldn't imagine not having him. We almost always had a dog when I was growing up. When I moved out, I didn't have any pets. It was hard to find a place that would accept them. This last time I moved, I made it one of the things on my list. And, I found a place. Cats are easier to take care of. You don't have to take them out several times a day......even if it is raining or snowing.
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 10:56:46 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

JoJoy - those are really good points. That is one of the painful things about a dog for sure especially if you live in the city - walks and the like can get so bothersome. We're doing great, girls...maybe if we all team up on him he'll change his mind. lol
Bugsy2 Offline
#8 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:11:01 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 452 time(s) in 321 post(s)
How can you say no to faces like these?
Bugsy2 attached the following image(s):
Baylee.JPG
Ari.jpg
 1 user thanked Bugsy2 for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Muffyk Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:19:39 AM(UTC)
Muffyk

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 58 post(s)
Find a picture of a shelter cat from your area online. Make it about saving "this precious kitty" and I'll bet you can have one. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Muffyk for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:26:05 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Oh my word! Bugsy and Muffy - cute cute cute ideas! I totally need to show that picture to him and need to take your idea too. Oh he will have a hard time resisting when I hit him with those! LOL You girls are so fantastic!
jojoy Online
#11 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:27:02 AM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
How can you say no to faces like these?

Cute......and that is why I haven't put up a tree since I adopted my little guy. He is very inquisitive which is usually a good thing. But I can't leave out a lot of things, because he will get into them or knock them over. In spite of that, I love the little guy!

jojoy attached the following image(s):
LUCKY.JPG
 1 user thanked jojoy for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:29:20 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Any more ideas you have would be great, girls. I want him to be putty in my hands and have no choice but to say "yes" to me. LOL He is not much of a match for all of us his he? LOL LOL LOL Maybe I'll even get two cats out of the deal.

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 11:30:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bugsy2 Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:34:44 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

JoyJoy, the kitty in the tree passed away in October. I ordered an ornament and put his picture inside. I put the ornament on the tree, close to the top, front and center.. and called it DONE. However, my husband and son both said I had to put more on than one ornament.. that Baylee would have wanted it that way. The little "terror" on my son's lap helped me through Baylee's death.Crying
Bugsy2 attached the following image(s):
Memory.jpg
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:43:00 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: Nan C. Go to Quoted Post
Any more ideas you have would be great, girls. I want him to be putty in my hands and have no choice but to say "yes" to me. LOL He is not much of a match for all of us his he? LOL LOL LOL Maybe I'll even get two cats out of the deal.

Sing of all the attributes of owning a cat. You have a snuggle buddy, lap warmer, foot warmer, live company when your spouse isn't there, you don't need to walk them, and they will keep your house or apartment rodent free. Bonus some cats actually eat bugsRazz! Yes, the cat might treat you like something they leave in their litter pan at times.. but it's all good.

Or you could just tell him that it would make you very happy if you got a cat. And when mama is happy everyone is happy!!

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 11:46:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:48:35 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

Sing of all the attributes of owning a cat. You have a snuggle buddy, lap warmer, foot warmer, live company when your spouse isn't there, you don't need to walk them, and they will keep your house or apartment rodent free. Bonus some cats actually eat bugsRazz! Yes, the cat might treat you like something they leave in their litter pan at times.. but it's all good.

Oh yes - those are so fantastic, Bugsy. I need to lay it on thick and he will be likely to cave with all of the points you've made. With the way he makes decisions I just need to hit him all at once with as many points as possible. Kind of overwhelm him a bit. Wink These points and pictures will definitely help me do that.

All this scheming and plotting with you girls is just "not fair". LOL

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 11:55:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Bugsy2 Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:54:55 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Just thought of another reason... your pet gives you another creative outlet! I've scrapped pics of my first kitty, and I've made cards for the vet with Ari's pictures in them.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Jooniper Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:55:05 AM(UTC)
Jooniper

Was thanked: 873 time(s) in 631 post(s)
I have 6 new kittens I can ship to you as a SS swap. Wink LOL

I would tell you how I got my 1st kitty and my 2nd kitty and my lil doggie, but it is not fit for the board. I had to make promises. Wink LOL

And best part, hubby use to clean out the litter box. I never touched it. And my hubby does not care for cats.

Actually part of my "argument" for getting a cat was I didn't want to be home alone, as son had started school. And I'm a SAHM, literally. Blink Laugh
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:58:29 AM(UTC)
Nan C.

JOONIPER!! I have to know how you got your 1st and 2nd kitty and doggie!! PM me if you want. lol Girls girls girls...you guys are great! He'll be no match for all of these awesome ideas! I LOVE YOU GIRLS!! lol Love Love
southgirltexas Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:00:25 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
My boyfriend was ambivalent about me having a cat. But he really has become attached to mine. Watching her play as a kitten and as an adult has been great intertainment for the both of us. We can take weekend trips and leave her inside with plenty of food and water and come home to a house that is not destroyed the way a dog left alone would.
 1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:02:23 PM(UTC)
Nan C.

Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post
My boyfriend was ambivalent about me having a cat. But he really has become attached to mine. Watching her play as a kitten and as an adult has been great intertainment for the both of us. We can take weekend trips and leave her inside with plenty of food and water and come home to a house that is not destroyed the way a dog left alone would.

Excellent points southgirl and cute story about your boyfriend. Hmmmm....this is sounding better and better all the time. lol
Jooniper Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:08:15 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Oh the "promise" I made again for my 2nd kitty was so good, that I got the kitten on my hubby's birthday. It was a "promise" of something my hubby really liked and has a hard time saying no to me about. But he has on occasion said no. LOL just not to me getting a new pet. LOL
 1 user thanked Jooniper for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#22 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:10:05 PM(UTC)
Nan C.

Originally Posted by: Jooniper Go to Quoted Post
Oh the "promise" I made again for my 2nd kitty was so good, that I got the kitten on my hubby's birthday. It was a "promise" of something my hubby really liked and has a hard time saying no to me about. But he has on occasion said no. LOL just not to me getting a new pet. LOL

Oh...my...word...I have to know. lol But you also got me thinking Blink Sneaky
Bugsy2 Offline
#23 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:12:47 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post

Before we had our son, we used to take our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel everywhere. The problem is our dog suffers from separation anxiety. One afternoon we went to visit my husbands uncle. We were out of the car for ten minutes and when we returned to the car, the dog had shredded the headliner (the fabric that lines the interior roof)!! What a mess.

Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Nan C. Offline
#24 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:14:36 PM(UTC)
Nan C.

Before we had our son, we used to take our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel everywhere. The problem is our dog suffers from separation anxiety. One afternoon we went to visit my husbands uncle. We were out of the car for ten minutes and when we returned to the car, the dog had shredded the headliner (the fabric that lines the interior roof)!! What a mess.

See this is good information because he did say that he would be more interested in a dog than a cat. Those destructive tendencies can totally tip the scale I would think.

This is totally FANTASTIC girls. Just awesome!

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 12:15:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Jooniper Offline
#25 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:17:10 PM(UTC)
Jooniper

Originally Posted by: Nan C. Go to Quoted Post
Oh...my...word...I have to know. lol But you also got me thinking Blink Sneaky

Come to think of it, it was also how I talked hubby into our son, too. LOL And that daughter wanted a baby brother to name Tim Turner (cartoon Fairly Odd Parents). LOL

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 12:18:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Nan C. Offline
#26 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:20:05 PM(UTC)
Nan C.

Come to think of it, it was also how I talked hubby into our son, too. LOL And that daughter wanted a baby brother to name Tim Turner (cartoon Fairly Odd Parents). LOL

Jooniper! I just spit my tea out on that one! I think I will stick with a cat (or cats) for now. LOL
jojoy Online
#27 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:26:34 PM(UTC)
jojoy

United States

JoyJoy, the kitty in the tree passed away in October. I ordered an ornament and put his picture inside. I put the ornament on the tree, close to the top, front and center.. and called it DONE. However, my husband and son both said I had to put more on than one ornament.. that Baylee would have wanted it that way. The little "terror" on my son's lap helped me through Baylee's death.Crying

I am so sorry to hear that Baylee passed away. The ornament is a wonderful tribute and reminder.
mama nay Offline
#28 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:32:59 PM(UTC)
mama nay

Was thanked: 410 time(s) in 244 post(s)
June and July are kitten season meaning all the Petco's, PetSmarts, etc will start having kittens, etc available for adoption in their store just about every Saturday. Do some leg work and find out their schedule etc, then Ask him to go to the mall with you and wander in saying you want to look at the fish or need to get a friend's pet a toy or something. It's not your fault if they are just right there begging for someone to take them home. It's harder to say no when those little faces are staring at you. ;)

Or you could contact any of the local rescues in the area and volunteer to foster a cat or kitten or two until they find forever homes for them. That way you are not committed to keeping the baby for forever unless he happens to fall in love. Worst case, If he won't allow you to foster, you could just volunteer to get your kitty fix that way. Most rescues are always in need of helpers. ;)

Holidays and occasions work well too. ;) Two years ago, I got my 3rd kitten on my anniversary. Wasn't even planning on it. Just happened to be out with my daughters shopping on a saturday and they of course wanted to look in the pet store. Which we almost always do. But... they had kittens and they asked to hold them... which became begging, followed by crocodile tears, followed by numerous texts and phone calls to daddy. Then I said it could be my anniversary present.... Roxie came home with us.

Fast forward, 2 weeks ago. A teeny, tiny puppy became my birthday present. But we had talked about it and he was on board with the idea of doing it. He just thought he was safe because I was having trouble with what my tiny wishlist teacup puppy was going to cost me $$$. Well after looking, on and off, here and there, for a few months, I found a puppy that just about met the bill. I wanted a little girl, but he was a boy. But after two hours, of hemming and hawing, holding him, etc. I bit the bullet and spent the $. Love him to pieces. But Dh loves him even more. If I didn't know better I would swear it was his puppy. ;)
 1 user thanked mama nay for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Bugsy2 Offline
#29 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:39:00 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Mark is more open to the idea of getting a dog?? Tell him cats are waaaaay smarter than dogs. There is no way that you'd ever get eight cats to pull a sled through the snow.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)
southgirltexas Offline
#30 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 12:39:17 PM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)

Are we talking the "promise" from the Sweet Potato Queen's Book Of Love..if so ROFL~

1 user thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
Nan C. on 4/29/2013(UTC)