Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

sdavison Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 11:38:08 AM(UTC)
sdavison

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
Angry Thanks again Cricut...it would have been helpful if you would have told us that the ink cartridges have expiration dates on them. After my latest sync, my Imagine will not work at all because the ink cartridges are outdated.

I have multiple cartridges ready for the time that I run out of ink and now they are useless as they have an expiration code and when inserted they totally make the Image unusable even for just cutting.

Support only tells you where you can PURCHASE additional ink cartridges.

I have a loyal supporter of Cricut but after fighting all weekend to get my Image to work and being told go buy more ink... I am at the END OF MY ROPE. FOR WHAT I PAID FOR THE MACHINE AND ALL OF THE PROBLEMS SINCE PURCHASE, IF I COULD SEND IT ALL BACK I CERTAINLY WOULD. CRICUT REALLY, WHY DID YOU RELEASE A MACHINE WITH SO MANY PROBLEMS.

Now that we have purchase every thing Cricut offers for the Imagine, they now decide there will be no more.

1 user thanked sdavison for this useful post.
rhondah* on 4/29/2013(UTC)
Coah'sNana Online
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 1:00:15 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18527 time(s) in 4859 post(s)
We were told by one of the original engineers of the machine that the inks should stay good well beyond their expiration as long as they were stored in a cool dry place. I have found that to be true. The ink in my machine is dated to expire June 2012 and it's working fine. My machine has the latest firmware and can accept the new inks, but I've got extras of the Imagine ink and have not had to buy HP ink yet.

Try cleaning the copper contacts both on the inks and the machine with a damp (not wet) cotton swab. They may just be dirty. HTH
Khrista Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:28:46 PM(UTC)
Khrista

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 2516 time(s) in 1401 post(s)
I've been using expired inks the past few months.. it might not be the expiration. It may be the contacts. There have bed batches with bad contacts. Could try some alcohol on a cotton swab and carefully cleaning off the contact. I've had to do that before.

HTH
:)Khrista
sdavison Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 9:40:39 PM(UTC)
sdavison

I called customer support and they said it was because my ink was outdated. So I tried the inks they told me to get. I was able to print one page and then it told me the ink wasn't installed again. I will call support again in the morning. I did try the alcohol earlier today but with no results.
 1 user thanked sdavison for this useful post.
rhondah* on 4/30/2013(UTC)
sdavison Offline
#5 Posted : Wednesday, May 01, 2013 9:55:11 AM(UTC)
sdavison

After 3 hours with customer support, my imagine is deemed dead. After doing the restore it will not recognize that the print cartridges (ink) are installed. I am sick to think about how little use I got from the machine and try not to total the money spent. I have all of the cartridges and 8 extra ink cartridges.
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~ Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:31:50 AM(UTC)
~~L*I*N*D*A ^I~N^ C*O*L*O*R*A*D*O~~

Was thanked: 78 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sdavison Go to Quoted Post
After 3 hours with customer support, my imagine is deemed dead. After doing the restore it will not recognize that the print cartridges (ink) are installed. I am sick to think about how little use I got from the machine and try not to total the money spent. I have all of the cartridges and 8 extra ink cartridges.

So so sorry to hear this.