Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

maebelle2021c70561 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:13:56 PM(UTC)
maebelle2021c70561

Groups: Registered

I have a question, hoping someone can help. I bought my Gypsy a year ago and have only updated once so I have an older version of Cricut Sync. I need to update my G again because I have a few newer cartridges that I cannot link until I do. Do I need to uninstall Cricut Sync and reinstall to have the newer version, or can I connect my Gypsy and launch the Cricut Sync on my computer and it prompt me to update that way? I don't want to mess up my G! Thanks in advance for any help.
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, April 29, 2013 2:48:20 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Australia
Location: Facebook: Cricut Lovers Guide to Design Space: https://www.facebook.com/groups/CricutLoversGuide/

Was thanked: 7929 time(s) in 3718 post(s)
You can go to this link and download the latest version. http://www.cricut.com/home/support/cricut-sync

It will install over the top of the old version.

Even with the newest version you won't see some of the latest carts. Once you've installed Cricut Sync and updated your Gypsy have a look in the All Cartridges library. If your carts don't appear there you won't be able to link them.

Edited by user Monday, April 29, 2013 2:49:15 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Narelle for this useful post.
maebelle2021c70561 on 4/29/2013(UTC)
nicoleklakeb317e97c Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, March 08, 2015 10:14:23 AM(UTC)
nicoleklakeb317e97c

Any help when trying to update an old , old version on my gypsy. It has been siting on my shelf quite awhile. Anyhow, I have reset gypsy but still no go. Error message from Cricut Sync is that it can detect my device but it is not responding I have tried multiple cords and rebooted the Gypsy and the computer. Running the latest version of Cricut Sync on Windows 7, 32 bit computer. Current version of Gypsy sync is 1.4 [0232:0212]. Thank you in advance.Angry
jmcmm4e1252017 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 12:28:48 PM(UTC)
jmcmm4e1252017

I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get someone help me with my gypsy up date so i can use my stuff on my new wxplore ..I have waited on hold ofr hours I have sent 2 emails with reply\ies saying the will be getting with me to work it out still have not heard from any anone at all .. Im getting so frustrated and upset with cricut at this time Im wishing I had gone with a cameo now ..
mom2liv Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, March 17, 2015 2:36:13 PM(UTC)
mom2liv

Was thanked: 169 time(s) in 147 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jmcmm4e1252017 Go to Quoted Post
I have been trying for over 3 weeks to get someone help me with my gypsy up date so i can use my stuff on my new wxplore ..I have waited on hold ofr hours I have sent 2 emails with reply\ies saying the will be getting with me to work it out still have not heard from any anone at all .. Im getting so frustrated and upset with cricut at this time Im wishing I had gone with a cameo now ..

What things have you tried? What version are you currently running on your Gypsy? Which OS are you using on your computer? What error messages are you receiving?