Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

24 Pages«<2021222324>
CricutCrazy Offline
#631 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 3:51:08 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 898 time(s) in 649 post(s)
Just thought I would share one of my Father's Day cards with you...This is made from Graphic 45 Collection called "By the Sea" . Worked out great for my F-I-L who was in the Navy... Inside sentiment reads " To our Dad, who is the Anchor of the family ". We are fortunate to still have my husband's father with us at the well-seasoned age of 87 .

My Dad passed away a few years ago and I shall be thinking about him and how much he gave to me in my life...he was a great Dad and friend.

Happy Father's Day weekend everyone !

CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0412.JPG
 2 users thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Hodmom on 6/15/2014(UTC), Paula M on 6/16/2014(UTC)
CarolKlink Offline
#632 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 5:04:09 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 90 time(s) in 77 post(s)
Hi Barb and Cardmakers,

Love the May cards and especially "I will make you fishers of men", and the other two you shared.
Good job everyone and thank you!

Carol K.

Edited by user Friday, June 13, 2014 10:02:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CarolKlink for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 6/14/2014(UTC)
golfingrams986a1173 Online
#633 Posted : Friday, June 13, 2014 5:39:40 PM(UTC)
golfingrams986a1173

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Barb your card is awesome. I love that set of paper. May have to break down and order it from you. I love light houses. Great job.
After my surgery I am going to join the card swap if I can.
 1 user thanked golfingrams986a1173 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 6/14/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#634 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 12:50:53 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone !
Just for fun, I would love to know which theme you are each making for your June cards ?
Baby, Weddings, or something else...

I am making a "new baby" card and I am adding sewing machine stitches to it this month...I wanted to do something different...it will also have embossings and cricut cuts too !

So......what are you all up to this weekend ? I am crafting while I am doing loads of laundry !

Love
CarolKlink Offline
#635 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 9:56:17 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Well, you asked and this 1s my pathetic answer - baby card - probably for a girl and that's all I know right now. Pretty sad, hey? Going to scrap @ a friends tomorrow after church and hope to come up with an idea, any kind will do right now, lol. You all are probably about done and I can't get my juices flowing. I'll try hard tomorrow. Have a good night, Carol K.
CricutCrazy on 6/15/2014(UTC)
Catita Offline
#636 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 7:04:12 AM(UTC)
Catita

Was thanked: 175 time(s) in 127 post(s)
Hello!!!!

Got my May cards this past week. LOVE THEM.

Last week was the last week of school which is ridiculously crazy. Had no time for crafting. Hoping to get back in the swing of things this week.

My involvement in June's swap is iffy. Luckily, it doesn't affect the group if I change my mind last minute, right? As long as I mail by June 30th!

I'm involved in a few other swaps and will have to be done with them early since I'll be spending 3 weeks in sunny (hot and humid) FL!

1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#637 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 12:25:40 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Well it is a fairly quiet day here in sunny HOT & HUMID Florida (as Catita says) I have found that anywhere on the East Coast during the summer is hot and humid...and in recent years it is a scientific FACT, that it is HOTTER from Virginia and northward during the summer than it is in FLorida. Also, the majority of HURRICANES hit North Carolina, Virginia and northward now. Not Florida. We actually have better weather since they started all this "Global Warming" stuff.

I am doing a little crafting while listening to the Nascar race that DH is watching in the next room. We may go out to eat later on...

So, if a bunch of you are doing baby cards, I may change mine because I want us to have a variety. That is why I am asking....I dont mind because I can store my cards for my own use at some time. There is always some young couple at church having a baby. There are also a lot of weddings, so no problem for me. I hope more of you will check in with your theme before too long.

Have a wonderful Fathers Day - for those of you who are lucky enough to have a Dad that you can hug. I sure miss mine !

Blessings ! Wub
DeniseE Offline
#638 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:26:09 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 323 time(s) in 296 post(s)
Barb, I did a Wedding Card for June..I can change if I need it.

Denise
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
DeniseE Offline
#639 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:30:18 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Denise...you are such a great gal that I will send you one in your pkg. next month...I think I can part with ONE of them ! Flapper ( just wrap up your first born and send to me !) LOL

Cannot send my firstborn right now. He just got a full time job after 2 years of crappy part time jobs. Although 2 years ago I would have gladly given him to you, along with the ungrateful girlfriend he had then. LOL
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
Catita Offline
#640 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 1:33:58 PM(UTC)
Catita

[quote=CricutCrazy;1860534]Well it is a fairly quiet day here in sunny HOT & HUMID Florida (as Catita says) I have found that anywhere on the East Coast during the summer is hot and humid...and in recent years it is a scientific FACT, that it is HOTTER from Virginia and northward during the summer than it is in FLorida. Also, the majority of HURRICANES hit North Carolina, Virginia and northward now. Not Florida. We actually have better weather since they started all this "Global Warming" stuff.

I agree with your scientific fact. Our humidity here in northern VA is AWFUL. In FL, I lived 25 years 5 miles from the beach. Yes, it was hot and humid but my gosh NOTHING prepared me for summer in NoVA (I'm just west of DC). There's no breeze and the humidity literally drowns you. The only plus is that it doesn't last too long, 3 months, if that. I'd rather be in FL... for so many reasons!!!!!

CricutCrazy Offline
#641 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 8:54:28 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Poor Catita - I know what you are going through. My sister in law lives in Richmond, and MIL & FIL are in Virginia Beach.... and I was born & raised between Annapolis and Baltimore. Chesapeake Bay area is ungodly humid all summer. Today we got more rain. It has rained every day now for 5 in a row... makes it really muggy but it also keeps the heat from burning up all the gardens. We are having a bumper crop of produce around here lately ! The farmers are loving it because usually the sun comes back out in a few hours.

Denise - a wedding card is great ! No need to change. I was worried that we would end up with all baby cards.

GolfingGrams - I truly hope you will join us in August. Look for the new thread and new challenges coming after the June swap is over.

Carol - thank you for the compliments on my cards...yours was so awesome for May ! Love it !!

I got a mini-album and a Graphic 45 ATC Box done today...and made a little progress on the Baby cards. The sewing takes a little extra time but I love the effect !

AUGUST will be AWESOME !! Wait til you all see what is coming ! ! Woot ThumpUp Wink

<><><>HUGS <><><><> barb
CarolKlink Offline
#642 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 9:17:58 PM(UTC)
CarolKlink

Just an update on my June cards. I'm sorry I'm doing a baby theme however, I think I like it. Started a sample today and cut the papers. Wed. will glue and cut my design. Hope to finish all then. Think I'm going to do my 1st 12" x 12" album for my DH for a Christmas gift. I don't have any pictures for it yet so will start working on those. Figure we can add photos as time goes on.
Hope all are well, Carol K.
CricutCrazy on 6/17/2014(UTC)
golfingrams986a1173 Online
#643 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 9:57:21 PM(UTC)
golfingrams986a1173

Was thanked: 215 time(s) in 189 post(s)
Thanks Barb I will watch for the notice. Do you sign up each month then because I will do A-S-O and of course N&D. I love card making especially when I can emboss, layer and add bling or other embellies. Hope to learn some new techniques also. My eyes should be all healed and I can see what I;m doing.
 1 user thanked golfingrams986a1173 for this useful post.
yenpeso Offline
#644 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 1:06:01 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 29 post(s)
I loved all the cards. You are all so talented.

I had written a while back that I was going to do baby cards, but now that you've added birthdays I'd like to change if that's okay. I didn't really want to do baby cards anyway, but I had some "stuff" laying around that I hadn't used. I used to make cards for my church to send out and then that program fizzled and for a while I did them for another church. Then their program fizzled too. (I hope it didn't have anything to do with my cards...eek!Scared )

Happy card making!Wink

yenpeso
 1 user thanked yenpeso for this useful post.
Paula M Offline
#645 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 8:59:03 PM(UTC)
Paula M

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Hi all! The cards are GORGEOUS from May! Thank you again Barb. By the way, your Father's Day card is Beautiful! I love G45 papers!

Is it OK if I do a baby card or would you prefer a Sympathy card? I don't mind, because I have not cut anything yet.

Take care everyone!

~Paula
CricutCrazy Offline
#646 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 5:28:25 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Yenpeso, a birthday card will be great - something maybe very summer-timey BigGrin

Carol, a baby card is fine... I am sure they will be adorable. Even if we all did baby cards they will all be completely different, so no biggie. BigGrin

Paula - I dont recall putting Sympathy cards on the list, but a baby card is fine . (or by "sympathy" were you referring to a WEDDING card ? LOL LOL LOL Flapper )

Oh well - we have 13 days to go until Mail Date - I am planning to be finished early. Once I mail the cards back out I am taking off for the month of JULY from swaps....not doing any at all. I need to clean up my craft area and my house !

LoriSjogren Offline
#647 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 6:23:19 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2550 time(s) in 1505 post(s)
Hi, everyone! I got my card yesterday and they are wonderful! I think these are the best yet :)

I am done with my cards. I made a baby shower card but it could be used for welcoming a new baby or even a birthday. The sentiment makes it kind of open for you to use it for almost anything baby.

Barbara, I love your card - soooooooo perfectly nautical, one of my favorite themes.

Lori
 1 user thanked LoriSjogren for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 6/18/2014(UTC)
Paula M Offline
#648 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 8:46:09 PM(UTC)
Paula M

Was thanked: 37 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Yenpeso, a birthday card will be great - something maybe very summer-timey BigGrin

Carol, a baby card is fine... I am sure they will be adorable. Even if we all did baby cards they will all be completely different, so no biggie. BigGrin

Paula - I dont recall putting Sympathy cards on the list, but a baby card is fine . (or by "sympathy" were you referring to a WEDDING card ? LOL LOL LOL Flapper )

Oh well - we have 13 days to go until Mail Date - I am planning to be finished early. Once I mail the cards back out I am taking off for the month of JULY from swaps....not doing any at all. I need to clean up my craft area and my house !

Oh, Barb! LOL. LOL LOL LOL I don't mean that weddings are by any means a "sympathy" occasion. How embarrassing. Blushing Huh Confused Blushing It has been crazy closing up my classroom, my kids with soccer,soccer,soccer. And hubby is busy with his stuff, so I have been playing Super Mom. (Aren't we all???) I did mean weddings. Thank you for letting me do the baby theme. BigGrin

~Paula

1 user thanked Paula M for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 6/18/2014(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#649 Posted : Wednesday, June 18, 2014 4:24:49 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Love Paula - you are too funny ! By all means do the baby theme. I think I will make some wedding/bridal shower type cards so there will more variety. Plus, I always need some anyhow.

Denise - glad to hear your First-born has a good job now... maybe he can start to support his Mom ! Mine finally got a good job and now I rarely hear anything from him. I think he is afraid I might ask for money ! Ha Ha !!
I hope to remember to send you that Deer card I promised you. It wouldnt hurt if you reminded me when the time comes. I have a terrible memory lately. Blushing

Some of you have been pretty QUIET out there !! Yoo Hoo !! Check in soon ! KM where are you girl ?!
CricutCrazy Offline
#650 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 11:10:03 AM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

As usual, I am having a crafty Saturday while the laundry is spinning away in the next room, and the dishwasher is humming, and....OMG !! What's this ????.....DH is in the kitchen preparing LUNCH !!! OhMyGod Scared I love him, but he always makes such a MESS that I HAVE TO CLEAN UP !! RollEyes Sad

Oh well, I will eat it and be happy he isnt trying to bake a cake !! LOL LOL Wub

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Catita on 6/21/2014(UTC)
Catita Offline
#651 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 7:54:06 PM(UTC)
Catita

As usual, I am having a crafty Saturday while the laundry is spinning away in the next room, and the dishwasher is humming, and....OMG !! What's this ????.....DH is in the kitchen preparing LUNCH !!! OhMyGod Scared I love him, but he always makes such a MESS that I HAVE TO CLEAN UP !! RollEyes Sad

Oh well, I will eat it and be happy he isnt trying to bake a cake !! LOL LOL Wub

My DH does ALL THE COOKING. I end up doing ALL THE CLEANING. I'm not sure who has the better deal. I like to think I do... I don't have to think about meal planning or groceries or what to make. Although, I do sometimes wonder how a man can cook and use so many utensils and bowls for a seemingly simple meal. I wish I could show him how to streamline the process but who am I to complain... the man DOES ALL THE COOKING!!! So, instead, I happily sit and eat his delicious meals and take joy in doing the dishes, the bowls, the utensils (i.e. rinsing them and putting them in the dishwasher). LOL

1 user thanked Catita for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 6/23/2014(UTC)
KauaiMelody Offline
#652 Posted : Saturday, June 21, 2014 10:32:23 PM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2041 time(s) in 934 post(s)
jci and in bed resting. . .
 1 user thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
tomsaradrone1975e53b Offline
#653 Posted : Sunday, June 22, 2014 6:16:28 PM(UTC)
tomsaradrone1975e53b

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
I would like to join your swap for June. I will make sure to mail out nu June 30th. Thanks
BigGrin
 1 user thanked tomsaradrone1975e53b for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#654 Posted : Monday, June 23, 2014 4:35:24 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone !
Catita - I know I am being ungrateful...but my Number #1 most hated chore is dish-washing ! Blink Sad ThumbDown ....and I love to cook Wub . Thank for reminding me to be happy he is "helping" Wink
Tonight we go to Carrabba's and get their Buy One Dinner & Take One Home Special, so that takes care of it for 2 nights in a row Woot ThumpUp ...

Tomsaradrone - Welcome ...I sent you a PM. Please send me your contact info.

One more week until mailing day ladies !

Received cards today from LoriSjogren... I will post pix in a few days ThumpUp Thanks Lori !

KM - I hope you are not ill....take it easy if you need to though. Saturday I cleaned house most of the day and I was so exhausted by 10 PM I was dizzy and shaking all over and could not stand up anymore. I think I got overly tired and breathed in too much bleach. Yesterday I didnt do much but stamp and color.

tomsaradrone1975e53b Offline
#655 Posted : Tuesday, June 24, 2014 5:59:18 PM(UTC)
tomsaradrone1975e53b

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Mailing my cards out tomorrow, I hope they pass muster, if not, I understand and I wont be offended.BigGrin
CricutCrazy Offline
#656 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 2:30:38 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone !

Well, it's okay for KM to be in bed resting because her cards have arrived EARLY !! ThumpUp Woot and I am posting a photo of her adorable "Welcome Baby" card - with some unmistakable "KM TOUCHES" ...looks like she really gave her Explore machine a work-out here ! Lots of bright colors too !

The next "Sweet Baby" card is from Lori Sjogren and it is perfectly YUMMY with lovely embossing, and a special cut out circle, with a lovely star "suspended" in mid-air...ThumpUp Woot and the lovely white and yellow color scheme is great for a boy or a girl ...nice job Lori !

I am looking forward to more coming in this weekend as I see some are mailing out. Will check back with you later ! Enjoy the pix Wub
CricutCrazy attached the following image(s):
101_0516.JPG
101_0514.JPG
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 6/25/2014(UTC)
LoriSjogren Offline
#657 Posted : Wednesday, June 25, 2014 4:35:33 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2550 time(s) in 1505 post(s)
KM, what a great card! You always make them extra special. Love
yenpeso Offline
#658 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 2:07:33 AM(UTC)
yenpeso

Was thanked: 39 time(s) in 29 post(s)
Yes I am writing this at 4:00 AM. I've been up all night finishing my cards. In case you're interested, my middle name is Procrastination. Sometimes I think its my first and last name too.
Anyway they're going in the mail today.

Happy Friday everyone and have a great weekend.

YenpesoSleep
DeniseE Offline
#659 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 9:57:25 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Barb, my June cards have been mailed. I will post tracking number when I grab the receipt out of the car.
KauaiMelody Offline
#660 Posted : Friday, June 27, 2014 11:36:16 AM(UTC)
KauaiMelody

Was thanked: 2041 time(s) in 934 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LoriSjogren Go to Quoted Post
KM, what a great card! You always make them extra special. Love

Thank you Lori. The sheer elegance of your baby card - just lovely!!! Love the floating star. . .

Edited by user Friday, June 27, 2014 11:38:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users thanked KauaiMelody for this useful post.
LoriSjogren on 6/28/2014(UTC), CricutCrazy on 6/28/2014(UTC)