Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

BJR Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 5:34:23 PM(UTC)
BJR

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
OK I am a CDS person but I need to get my credit used & so I have some questions. 1st I know things have changed before it was CCR or CDS. I was told by CS that you can use both not only on your computer but your machines if they are updated for it. Is this true and does it work for you?
If you have updated your machine(s) for CCR but decided to use CDS- have you had any problems with your machines? Did you leave one for CDS & designate one for CCR or did it matter?
How many of you that have held off updating have done it? How many updated fine, how many did not? (weighing this updating).
Any other info. you can share. BJR.
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 8:34:00 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I was never able to use CDS....my computer didn't have the requirements....so, when CCR came along and I was able to BETA test for it, I fell in love with it.

I can't answer all your questions, but I'm just wondering if you are aware (if you do use both of them, which you can do), that you cannot have both CDS and CCR open on your computer at the same time? Somehow, they do interfere with each other if you try to have both programs up on your computer at the same time.

While I'm pretty sure you could use CDS and CCR interchangeably with any of your CRICUTS, I don't know the answer for sure. It makes sense to me that if you used CDS on, let's say, an Expression with your computer, I think it would be a very good idea to unplug the CDS from your machine and turn your machine off as well as the computer, to start everything FRESH, BEFORE you plug the USB cord into your CRICUT to use CCR.

If noone answers this for you here, be sure to call PC to ask ....and come back to post the answer. It will be helpful to others who wonder about it, too.

You can find PC's numbers in the SUPPORT tab at the top of these forums.

Good luck. Hope you can use both! Just not at the same time!

Char

Edited by user Friday, May 03, 2013 8:36:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 8:38:52 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
OK I am a CDS person but I need to get my credit used & so I have some questions. 1st I know things have changed before it was CCR or CDS. I was told by CS that you can use both not only on your computer but your machines if they are updated for it. Is this true and does it work for you?
If you have updated your machine(s) for CCR but decided to use CDS- have you had any problems with your machines? Did you leave one for CDS & designate one for CCR or did it matter?
How many of you that have held off updating have done it? How many updated fine, how many did not? (weighing this updating).
Any other info. you can share. BJR.

Yes, you can have DS and CCR on the same computer and use them on the same Cricut(s). My CCR, DS and Cricuts are updated.

The CCR exclusive images are not in DS and DS isn't compatible with the E2, the Imagine or the Mini.

You can only have one of the programs open at at time.
 1 user thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 12:37:45 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 925 time(s) in 597 post(s)
I have DS but CCR is so much easier and better. I won't look back nor miss DS.

Joyce
 1 user thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:05:43 AM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 927 time(s) in 457 post(s)
Yes, I have ds and ccr on my OLD laptop running on windows xp and use my one and only - old faithful expression which still can cut from scal - although rarely ever use it. I much prefer cartridges.

Although I wish ccr was a non internet program, it is sooooo much better than ds. The only thing I use ds for now (which is not often) is if I need to cut something that extends beyond the mat because it will cut what lies within the cut area and skip that part outside the cut area. CCR will not cut anything if any part of the image is outside the cut area. I will also use ds if, on rare occasion I want to design and internet is not available.

Just a side note - I think I read just recently that pc is not going to do any further content updates to ds so what carts it is updated to now is as far as it goes. No new carts will be added to enable use with ds
 1 user thanked Olivia'sNana for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)
BJR Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:17:58 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
Thanks I appreciate it. CS said I could but I wanted to know for sure from people here who have tried and used them both. Any more tips or info. would be appreciated! I also would love to hear still from anyone else who has the both. Thanks!!!

Also my laptop has Windows 7 any problems with installation? I believe I have to disable the Windows firewall, I have not installed my new version of antivirus so though I'd wait until after everything is installed. Anything else I should know for either? BJR.

Edited by user Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:20:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: more content

Leanner Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 8:26:20 AM(UTC)
Leanner

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1562 time(s) in 1150 post(s)
I have windows 7, I believe, and can run both. I haven't had any issues.
 1 user thanked Leanner for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:16:27 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 352 time(s) in 236 post(s)

On my Windows 7 - to install CCR I did disable Avast and Windows Firewall. I then added ccrbridge.exe as an exception to Avast. After getting CCR installed I no longer need to disable anything to run it. It works fine.

When doing the Gypsy update via Cricut Sync I disabled EVERYTHING for the few minutes it took to do the update. Worked like a charm. No problems what so ever. Now, when I want to do content updates for my Gypsy, I disable Avast and Firewall for all of about 1 minute and let my Gypsy update the content.

Maybe at this point I wouldn't need to disable anything, but why borrow trouble?
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
BJR on 5/4/2013(UTC)