Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

LynneF Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 03, 2013 6:06:11 PM(UTC)
LynneF

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Ok I got brave and updated my G so I could get the digital content I bought. Thought I would have to link to CCR to get it.
Well updated cricut sync then did gypsy update. Firmware updated fine. Then it said digital content updated
Then it started the content update. I unchecked the imagine stuff and started. Started and just got stuck for over 2 hours on installing 1 of 8 updates.
Well I stopped the sync and disconnected my Gypsy. Well turned Gypsy off and on and it did say firmware version was correct version but content was at 244 not 249.
Well my Gypsy was acting fine. AND all the digital cars I bought were there and my Gypsy is working fine. I cut today on my E2.

No plans now to link with CCR since I do not have to, to get my digital contents.

Not too worried at this point until some of the newer carts are available for Gypsy. Will worry another day.

Anyone else have this problem?

Edited by user Friday, May 03, 2013 6:25:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

SwimMom Offline
#2 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:59:07 AM(UTC)
SwimMom

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 96 time(s) in 81 post(s)
Hi Lynne -
I"m not sure I understand what your problem is - not that I could help if I did :)
I did my updates and went ahead and linked my Gypsy to CCR. I held my breath but it
actually ran smoothly and appeared that it worked fine. I have not however tried to cut with
my Gypsy yet - I probably should do that today just to be sure.
I have not tried to cut with CCR and my E2 since it first came out and I had problems and quit trying.
I will try that again sometime, in case I want to cut a freebie that will no longer link to my G.
Holding on to hope that my G will work for me for many years to come!
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:15:00 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Was thanked: 143 time(s) in 126 post(s)
So you can get your digital content onto your gypsy without going thru CCR? Will it just upload when you do cricut sync? I got mine thru CCR. Of course, I can't cut with my gypsy from things designed in CCR because when I save it the file save gives me a message that says "Some content may not be available on the Gypsy at this time." The file has lines thru it and will not cut. I have, however gotten a digital cart to sync in CCR and it does cut with my G, just not in CCR. I contacted CS several times about this, sent them pics last week but they won't respond to anything so far. It would be GREAT if I never had to go to CCR to get anything at this point. Sure hope what you are saying is that you can download digital purchases and not go thru CCR!

Edited by user Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:16:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

bandmomof3 Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 7:37:53 AM(UTC)
bandmomof3

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 5 post(s)
If I understand you correctly, I did have the same problem...things went fine but froze up at the second part of the Gypsy update. The version didn't change for the content update.
I called Customer Service and she had me switch my anti virus (Avast) to allow Cricut Sync. I have Windows Defender for the firewall and had only allowed Cricut Sync through there. I didn't think to change settings in Avast! It worked like a charm and my content version is up to date!

I also changed Avast to allow CCR when I synced the Gypsy.

The customer service gal said this was an issue quite often, so you may try that. I thought it was odd that Avast allowed the first part of the update but not the second!! But, who cares...at least it worked!

Hope this helps..if not, call Customer Service. She was very helpful!!!

Shari
 1 user thanked bandmomof3 for this useful post.
LynneF on 5/5/2013(UTC)
sewnmachine Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:07:26 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
CCR EXCLUSIVE designs will not transfer to the Gypsy. They are exclusive to CCR. However once you buy any digital image (either via CCR or Cricut.com) and have signed into CCR your digital purchases will be there. You don't have to design or cut-just sign in.

If all you want to do is to get your digital images onto your Gypsy, then just use Cricut Sync. It will do a content update and everything will be dumped onto your Gypsy. This will work for ALL digital content that PC has updated to show up in CCR except for the "CCR EXCLUSIVE" designs.

2 users thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 5/4/2013(UTC), LynneF on 5/5/2013(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 5:53:31 PM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Yeah! That means I can uninstall CCR and never be bothered with all this mess again. I had no idea you couldn't cut the "free" images with a Gypsy. Weird. I've called CS SEVERAL times and not once have they told me that you had to use CCR with a machine only to cut the "free" content. My computer and scrap room are on completely opposite ends of the house and nary the two shall meet!LOL!
sewnmachine Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 6:33:24 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 372 time(s) in 252 post(s)
If the digital image says CCR Exclusive - it won't transfer to your Gypsy. But regardless, you still have to sign in to CCR after you have purchased a digital cart. That links that cartridge to your account. Then if you don't want to cut from CCR, just do the Cricut Sync with your Gypsy. Your digital cart will be there.

So don't uninstall CCR. You still need it. ***** If I'm wrong somebody please correct me. But that is how I understand the whole process works *****
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 5/5/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Saturday, May 04, 2013 9:50:31 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19164 time(s) in 8571 post(s)
PC adds the cutting rights to the images when you purchase them. Logging into CCR will make them available for use in CCR, updating your Gypsy will make them available for use on your Gypsy.

But, if a cart/image has not be added to the Gypsy library {look on the All Carts list to see if it is there}, it can't yet be activated.
 2 users thanked scrapalette for this useful post.
theproc0a14c052 on 5/5/2013(UTC), LynneF on 5/5/2013(UTC)
theproc0a14c052 Offline
#9 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 4:55:30 AM(UTC)
theproc0a14c052

Awesome! Thanks!!!
LynneF Offline
#10 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 11:27:44 AM(UTC)
LynneF

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 361 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: bandmomof3 Go to Quoted Post
If I understand you correctly, I did have the same problem...things went fine but froze up at the second part of the Gypsy update. The version didn't change for the content update.
I called Customer Service and she had me switch my anti virus (Avast) to allow Cricut Sync. I have Windows Defender for the firewall and had only allowed Cricut Sync through there. I didn't think to change settings in Avast! It worked like a charm and my content version is up to date!

I also changed Avast to allow CCR when I synced the Gypsy.

The customer service gal said this was an issue quite often, so you may try that. I thought it was odd that Avast allowed the first part of the update but not the second!! But, who cares...at least it worked!

Hope this helps..if not, call Customer Service. She was very helpful!!!

Shari

I suspect it is my anti virus even though I shut it down. Thanks. Now to figure out how to do the exception with my anti virus. Luckily it is cutting fine but would like to have the new carts available on my G. It is great that you do not need CCR to get the digital images you buy.
Bugsy2 Offline
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:40:46 PM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 501 time(s) in 356 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LynneF Go to Quoted Post
I suspect it is my anti virus even though I shut it down. Thanks. Now to figure out how to do the exception with my anti virus. Luckily it is cutting fine but would like to have the new carts available on my G. It is great that you do not need CCR to get the digital images you buy.

If you are uncomfortable doing this yourself, you can call CS. They will talk you through it. PC has the most awesome CS team!!!!!