Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MicheleHuskey Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 12:05:53 AM(UTC)
MicheleHuskey

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I was using CCR earlier this afternoon with no problems, but right after I purchased a Cricut cartridge digitally, the program started crashing. I am so frustrated as I'm in the middle of a project that I wanted to complete tonight. I can't do it without using CCR because my purchase was digital. I have re-started my computer, and even uninstalled CCR and re-downloaded it. I can open it, and start using it, but as soon as I click on the cartridge I purchased, I get an application error and the whole thing shuts down. Anyone have any suggestions? TIA
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 5:14:20 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 345 time(s) in 230 post(s)
I have started getting a "reached a breakpoint" error and then it shuts down. I was trying to design a mothers day card yesterday and this happened 3 times in a row. I finally said screw it and resorted to using my Gypsy.

Now I think I'll try designing with the "online version", save my file, then cut with the desktop application. That's my plan anyway.
 1 user thanked sewnmachine for this useful post.
MicheleHuskey on 5/5/2013(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 10:23:26 AM(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926

CCR seems to be seriously flawed piece of software.

Since the recent (forced) update to CCR people seem to be experiencing problems with it in various ways.

I am one of a number of users who can no longer log in to CCR using their existing accounts following the update to the software. This means we cannot make any use of the Cricut Mini machines and design files we bought in good faith.

Provo Craft's response to this problem has been absolutely appalling. They barely acknowledge there is a problem and seem to have no idea as to the cause of the problem or the time scale for fixing it. In fact they have a serious problem in communicating at all.

Sadly, a thread on this forum relating to this problem and PC's the lack of response seems to have disappeared recently.

This lack of response from PC is disgusting. They are happy to sell an item that relies on software provided over the internet for it to work but when it goes wrong they do not want to know.
In truth this is a defective product they have sold - it does not work and they are not fixing it. They might be hiding behind third party vendors who supplied the actual hardware but that hardware relies on PC's software to work.
Perhaps we should all send our Cricut Minis back and demand refunds and claim compensation for Denial of Service.

Unless PC radically improve their response the this problem we will be spending our money on the Silhouette machine we also have (fortunately) and advising anyone else to avoid Provo Craft products.
scrapalette Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 05, 2013 1:18:01 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18929 time(s) in 8447 post(s)
Originally Posted by: steve.kirk7e079926 Go to Quoted Post
CCR seems to be seriously flawed piece of software.

Since the recent (forced) update to CCR people seem to be experiencing problems with it in various ways.

I am one of a number of users who can no longer log in to CCR using their existing accounts following the update to the software. This means we cannot make any use of the Cricut Mini machines and design files we bought in good faith.

Provo Craft's response to this problem has been absolutely appalling. They barely acknowledge there is a problem and seem to have no idea as to the cause of the problem or the time scale for fixing it. In fact they have a serious problem in communicating at all.

Sadly, a thread on this forum relating to this problem and PC's the lack of response seems to have disappeared recently.

This lack of response from PC is disgusting. They are happy to sell an item that relies on software provided over the internet for it to work but when it goes wrong they do not want to know.
In truth this is a defective product they have sold - it does not work and they are not fixing it. They might be hiding behind third party vendors who supplied the actual hardware but that hardware relies on PC's software to work.
Perhaps we should all send our Cricut Minis back and demand refunds and claim compensation for Denial of Service.

Unless PC radically improve their response the this problem we will be spending our money on the Silhouette machine we also have (fortunately) and advising anyone else to avoid Provo Craft products.

There are several threads on this forum and on some of the other forums on the MB concerning this problem {one is still on the first page of this forum} and PC has posted in all of the ones I've seen. I'd suggest giving CS a call as some have stated the problem is not with the update but with their email provider/account that was used to create their cricut.com account.
steve.kirk7e079926 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 12:58:40 PM(UTC)
steve.kirk7e079926

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
There are several threads on this forum and on some of the other forums on the MB concerning this problem {one is still on the first page of this forum} and PC has posted in all of the ones I've seen. I'd suggest giving CS a call as some have stated the problem is not with the update but with their email provider/account that was used to create their cricut.com account.

Thanks for your comments Scrapalette.

However the suggestion that email providers are the problem is a red herring - they worked fine before the update so the update has to be the problem - why would the email provider have to change to accommodate PC?

PC are in the Stone Age when it comes to communication - they aim to respond to your email within four working days.... only to say they have received your communication and passed it on to IT but cannot say how long it will take to resolve the matter!

Excuse me, most online companies these days respond within hours and fix problems within days.

PC suck.

Scrapalette, PC may respond to threads on various media but it seem's that when serious criticism arises threads disappear (Twitter is another victim). I've run an internet forum so I know what goes on..

Those of us who live outside the US don't have the option of ringing the help line (we certainly have no trust in them).

The problems with CCR seem to be multiple and compromise particularly the Cricut Mini as a consumer product (lawyers take note). Wake up and smell the coffee.
scrapalette Offline
#6 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 1:48:13 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

CONTACT US

Cricut® support hours

Monday - Friday 7 a.m. - 6 p.m. (MST)
Cricut® support: 801-932-1144
toll-free service phone: 877-7CRICUT
email: support@Cricut.com
fax: 801-794-9001

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com
MicheleHuskey Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 5:48:37 PM(UTC)
MicheleHuskey

Was thanked: 2 time(s) in 2 post(s)
My earlier post was deleted because I mentioned looking at a couple of other products to replace my Cricut =( I have the Expression and the Imagine, and I love them both. I'm just so frustrated with CCR! It has great potential, but not when it crashes right after I made a purchase. I was relying on the digital purchase to complete a project, which fortunately I didn't have a deadline for. I have been loyal to Provo Craft for quite a while now, and keep hoping for the best, but this is crazy. CCR should not have the problems it's having! With all the technology out there, it seems like CCR is in the dark ages. I'm quickly losing my enthusiasm for Provo Craft =(
scrapalette Offline
#8 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 4:48:54 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

United States

Originally Posted by: steve.kirk7e079926 Go to Quoted Post

However the suggestion that email providers are the problem is a red herring - they worked fine before the update so the update has to be the problem - why would the email provider have to change to accommodate PC?

Apparently not:

http://www.cricut.com/fo...ostst154448_Finally.aspx
liathach709141c38e Offline
#9 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:42:19 AM(UTC)
liathach709141c38e

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post

But does the fault lie with the email provider? Or is the length or syntax of the email address the cause of the problem?

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2013 6:42:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified