Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Calmom Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 06, 2013 8:00:13 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
I guess we can now sell our Linked Cartridges because I have seen several MB Members selling their Linked Cartridges, so PC must of approved it.

I guess I missed the posting from PC, did anyone see it? Please share, if you did.

Thanks
JoyceG Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:16:58 AM(UTC)
JoyceG

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 3/17/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,786

Thanks: 1313 times
Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
I see people selling them too but it states in CCR agreement when they are linked that it's against the rules. I guess if someone is getting rid of all their stuff ,its fine but if they are buying them just to link and then resell them..then that's just wrong. And I know there are lots of people doing that exact thing.

Joyce
mandys Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:06:57 AM(UTC)
mandys

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 12/14/2010(UTC)
Posts: 571

Thanks: 147 times
Was thanked: 167 time(s) in 136 post(s)
There was another post about this, I think a cricut rep posted that it was still against the rules to sell linked carts. I am sure the employees are working hard on improving something, so not policing every message posted here, ebay, facebook etc.

I would think of it like speeding, is it against the law every time you go 1 mph over the posted speed limit, yes. Is that going to get you ticketed? Probably not.
CricketCMV Online
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 5:08:59 AM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 2/21/2009(UTC)
Posts: 14,993
Location: Illinois

Thanks: 18539 times
Was thanked: 8150 time(s) in 4774 post(s)
Can you sell the linked cartridges if you INCLUDE the physical cartridges with them? Just curious. I don't link my cartridges to anything, as yet. I don't own a Gypsy, either. BUT, I could link them to CCR; just haven't done that as yet.

BUT, I just wondered if it is okay then? I can see why PC would say you couldn't JUST sell the Gypsy with the linked cartridges and then turn around and sell the physical cartridges, also. That would be unethical, IMHO.

Char
Leahdax Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:25:42 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,176
United States
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Thanks: 184 times
Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricketCMV Go to Quoted Post
Can you sell the linked cartridges if you INCLUDE the physical cartridges with them? Just curious. I don't link my cartridges to anything, as yet. I don't own a Gypsy, either. BUT, I could link them to CCR; just haven't done that as yet.

BUT, I just wondered if it is okay then? I can see why PC would say you couldn't JUST sell the Gypsy with the linked cartridges and then turn around and sell the physical cartridges, also. That would be unethical, IMHO.

Char


You are supposed to sell the physical carts WITH the Gypsy, otherwise selling linked carts is agaist the EULA.
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
bugalooney13 on 5/7/2013(UTC)
rhondah* Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:26:33 AM(UTC)
rhondah*

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 6/12/2007(UTC)
Posts: 25,963
United States
Location: IL- MQ pg 17/#496

Thanks: 20689 times
Was thanked: 15207 time(s) in 8971 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
You are supposed to sell the physical carts WITH the Gypsy, otherwise selling linked carts is agaist the EULA.


I sold mine with the physical carts. I assumed you had to still do that. Smile
Ken's Kreations Offline
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 9:16:52 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 3/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,140
United States
Location: Spokane

Thanks: 1704 times
Was thanked: 1951 time(s) in 500 post(s)
This is not true. I tried to see 4 cartridges that were linked when i bought them. I went over to the board to sell them and I recieved a PM with in an hour letting me know that i was not allowed to sell linekd cartridges and my posting had been removed. Any PM's I did have had also been taken away.

Ken

So I make sure now to never sell linked cartridges here.
 3 users thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
mandys on 5/7/2013(UTC), bugalooney13 on 5/7/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 5/7/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:12:45 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
This is not true. I tried to see 4 cartridges that were linked when i bought them. I went over to the board to sell them and I recieved a PM with in an hour letting me know that i was not allowed to sell linekd cartridges and my posting had been removed. Any PM's I did have had also been taken away.

Ken

So I make sure now to never sell linked cartridges here.


Interesting, there are MB members selling Linked Cartridges on their own MB, "Product Review" for over a month. I guess it is a pick & choose or depends who you are.

Sorry Ken, you were not a choosen one Laugh LOL Laugh

go-go Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 10:27:26 AM(UTC)
go-go

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/14/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,059
United States
Location: Texas

Thanks: 2115 times
Was thanked: 1747 time(s) in 720 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
This is not true. I tried to see 4 cartridges that were linked when i bought them. I went over to the board to sell them and I recieved a PM with in an hour letting me know that i was not allowed to sell linekd cartridges and my posting had been removed. Any PM's I did have had also been taken away.

Ken

So I make sure now to never sell linked cartridges here.


Wow. Are you saying that they went through your "Private Messages" and deleted some? I've not heard of that before.

Personally, I don't have a problem with PC removing posts about selling linked cartridges, since it is against their rules to do it. I just think they should be consistent, or don't remove any posts at all. Otherwise, it seems that they are picking on some people. I have only bought three linked cartridges. One that I really wanted & two that I couldn't pass up because they were only $10. I have since re-purchased or bought digital, so that I could have them on my Gypsy. I would just rather have new.
Ken's Kreations Offline
#10 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 12:42:35 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 3/13/2011(UTC)
Posts: 1,140
United States
Location: Spokane

Thanks: 1704 times
Was thanked: 1951 time(s) in 500 post(s)
Originally Posted by: go-go Go to Quoted Post
Wow. Are you saying that they went through your "Private Messages" and deleted some? I've not heard of that before.

Personally, I don't have a problem with PC removing posts about selling linked cartridges, since it is against their rules to do it. I just think they should be consistent, or don't remove any posts at all. Otherwise, it seems that they are picking on some people. I have only bought three linked cartridges. One that I really wanted & two that I couldn't pass up because they were only $10. I have since re-purchased or bought digital, so that I could have them on my Gypsy. I would just rather have new.


I am 100% ok with them taking my post down as I was not aware of the rule. however i wish they were consistent in doing so with everyone.
CherylfromOz Offline
#11 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 6:40:47 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/15/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,815
Australia
Location: Queensland Australia

Thanks: 265 times
Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
I no longer have a gypsy, I will not use CCR so what am I suppose to do with the linked cartridges I no longer use. I linked them in good faith, thinking my gypsy would last a long time, I bought 2 I am not buying a 3rd.

I will sell the carts to anyone that wants them, PC did not stick to their side of the bargain as far as I am concerned so I don't feel I have to stick to mine
 1 user thanked CherylfromOz for this useful post.
LynneF on 5/8/2013(UTC)
melodylanedesigns Online
#12 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:26:23 PM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/31/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,435
Location: Kankakee IL

Thanks: 358 times
Was thanked: 1929 time(s) in 947 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CherylfromOz Go to Quoted Post
I no longer have a gypsy, I will not use CCR so what am I suppose to do with the linked cartridges I no longer use. I linked them in good faith, thinking my gypsy would last a long time, I bought 2 I am not buying a 3rd.

I will sell the carts to anyone that wants them, PC did not stick to their side of the bargain as far as I am concerned so I don't feel I have to stick to mine


I understand you are upset with your gypsy not working,I assume thats why you don't have it. But not using CCR is your choice, I guess you don't use your cricut at all, if you don't know what to do with them.

Did you know you can send your Gypsy in to get fixed? Since you don't use your cartridges you could sell your Gypsy and cartridges together after they are fixed.
CherylfromOz Offline
#13 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 7:39:24 PM(UTC)
CherylfromOz

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 6/15/2007(UTC)
Posts: 1,815
Australia
Location: Queensland Australia

Thanks: 265 times
Was thanked: 250 time(s) in 155 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I understand you are upset with your gypsy not working,I assume thats why you don't have it. But not using CCR is your choice, I guess you don't use your cricut at all, if you don't know what to do with them.

Did you know you can send your Gypsy in to get fixed? Since you don't use your cartridges you could sell your Gypsy and cartridges together after they are fixed.




I haven't had the use of a gypsy since December last year, there was no repair system them, also I am in Australia and the postage there and back is around $100. I don't have a physical gypsy, I got rid of it.

As for CCR I tried it, I found it so frustrating, it froze my computer so many times I gave up and removed it from my computer.

I still have 2 expressions and the original bug, I also have 165 cartridges, some of which I no longer use or will use again, why can't I sell them and get something I will use
Calmom Offline
#14 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:06:50 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CherylfromOz Go to Quoted Post
I haven't had the use of a gypsy since December last year, there was no repair system them, also I am in Australia and the postage there and back is around $100. I don't have a physical gypsy, I got rid of it.

As for CCR I tried it, I found it so frustrating, it froze my computer so many times I gave up and removed it from my computer.

I still have 2 expressions and the original bug, I also have 165 cartridges, some of which I no longer use or will use again, why can't I sell them and get something I will use


I say go for it, you have no choice
 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 5/7/2013(UTC)
Calmom Offline
#15 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:09:58 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I understand you are upset with your gypsy not working,I assume thats why you don't have it. But not using CCR is your choice, I guess you don't use your cricut at all, if you don't know what to do with them.

Did you know you can send your Gypsy in to get fixed? Since you don't use your cartridges you could sell your Gypsy and cartridges together after they are fixed.


Why should she have to pay for her Gypsy to be repaired, very expensive, just so she can comply with PC rules when they have NOT followed the rules to begin with?

It has been and still is, where PC picks and chooses who they consider breaking the rules. There is NO consistency in PC enforcing their policies, even on their own MB, Product Review.

 1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 5/7/2013(UTC)
MarleneO Offline
#16 Posted : Tuesday, May 07, 2013 8:49:38 PM(UTC)
MarleneO

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 385
United States
Location: USA

Thanks: 7 times
Was thanked: 103 time(s) in 80 post(s)
I think that since they stopped making Gypsies that you should be allowed to sell your linked cartridges. Better yet, they should come up with a way to unlink them - not being able to unlink something that you no longer use and would like to sell is just wrong. But that's just my opinion!
 3 users thanked MarleneO for this useful post.
CherylfromOz on 5/7/2013(UTC), Calmom on 5/7/2013(UTC), KellyS on 6/2/2013(UTC)
JustJudi Online
#17 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 6:25:39 AM(UTC)
JustJudi

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Joined: 4/22/2011(UTC)
Posts: 2,488
Location: Texas

Thanks: 1598 times
Was thanked: 1235 time(s) in 696 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Calmom Go to Quoted Post
Interesting, there are MB members selling Linked Cartridges on their own MB, "Product Review" for over a month. I guess it is a pick & choose or depends who you are.

Sorry Ken, you were not a choosen one Laugh LOL Laugh

[/color][/size]


This inconsistency at enforcing rules on ALL board members is what causes hurt feelings and arguments on the board. People don't forget how they are made to feel, and one of the worst feelings results from being treated unfairly.
jscraftylady Offline
#18 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:40:36 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melodylanedesigns Go to Quoted Post
I understand you are upset with your gypsy not working,I assume thats why you don't have it. But not using CCR is your choice, I guess you don't use your cricut at all, if you don't know what to do with them.

Did you know you can send your Gypsy in to get fixed? Since you don't use your cartridges you could sell your Gypsy and cartridges together after they are fixed.


Owners of broken Gypsys should send more of their hard earned money to Provocraft to repair a product they don't want so they can sell that product with cartridges they bought but no longer want, all so they don't run afoul of an end user license agreement that was ridiculously restrictive to begin with?

We are much too forgiving of Provocraft. They built the Gypsy which was not as durable as it should have been. They decided that in order to use the product we would have to link our cartridges to it. After a few years, they discontinued the Gypsy and pushed users towards the Craftroom but if you were a Gypsy owner and linked your cartridges, you are not able to fully use the Craftroom program because you cannot link your cartridges. You miss out on one of the great advantages and conveniences of the program not by your choice but by Provocraft's choice.

The solution was easy. Lift the Craftroom restriction on linking physical cartridges that had been previously linked to a Gypsy.

But that is not the way Provocraft went. Knowing full well that many, many folks had broken Gypsy units, they decided you would need to have a working a Gypsy to link those cartridges to Craftroom. But not to worry, for a fee, you could send them back their own broken product and they could try to fix it for you.

I am really surprised there isn't more uproar about this. On its face, it just seems ridiculous to me. Consumers should not have to jump through so many hoops in order to use a manufacturer's products.
 3 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
IamBubbles=D on 5/8/2013(UTC), BJR on 5/9/2013(UTC), KellyS on 6/2/2013(UTC)
pickles Offline
#19 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 8:55:59 AM(UTC)
pickles

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 5/17/2010(UTC)
Posts: 278

Thanks: 8 times
Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Honestly, if they would just make it so we could unlink the cartridges this wouldn't even be an issue.

PC, please please PLEASE give us the option to do this. Pretty please with rainbow sprinkles on top =)
Calmom Offline
#20 Posted : Wednesday, May 08, 2013 7:52:07 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)

PC designed Gypsy, you needed to link your Cartridges to the Gypsy, that was the purpose of the Gypsy, no need to insert each individual cartridge to cut. Of course, PC, did give a couple of Freebies on the Gypsy but no big deal.

When you linked the Cartridges to the Gypsy, you agreed that you would not sell the linked Cartridges without selling the Gypsy with them.

PC designs a New Digital Image Program called CCR. PC promises that the Gypsy Linked Cartridges could be linked to the CCR. After well over a year, CCR had that capability.

When PC decided that they wanted to go Digital Images for Die Cutting, they felt there would be no reason to continue the Gypsy. This would force the Gypsy Customers to use CCR, if they wanted to cut not using the physical Cartridge. PC also knows that the Gypsy is failing with their multiple updates that were not configured properly. PC had already made a high profit margin on the Gypsy but having to replace the Gypsys that were failing due to PC Faulty Updates, would effect that bottom line.

PC knows that even though they were going to discontinue the Gypsy, they would be responsible for continuing support for a number of years. How PC got around this, is by charging an expensive Repair Fee, this would not effect their bottom line and could actually allow them to continue making a profit on the Gypsy.

NOW, here is the reality, we were FORCED to link our Cartridges to our Gypsy to be able to use it. If the Gypsy is NOW discontinued and our Gypsy is no longer operable or repairable then we should have the legal right to sell out linked cartridges. PC has not upheld their end of the EULA and we the consumer should NOT be punished for their business decision. Their Business Decision effected the Gypsy which we paid for with the understanding the Gypsy would continue.

WHY would a customer purchase a Gypsy a year ago, link ALL of their Cartridges to it, just to find out that a year later, the Gypsy is discontinued and they are stuck with Linked Cartridges. I have owned my Gypsy since the HSN Launch but had I been a customer that purchased one a year ago, I would be SCREAMING.

I suppose, one way of selling your Linked Cartridges is to sell your broken Gypsy with it with the Buyer understanding that. I love my Gypsy and I am truly DISAPPOINTED that PC has made the decision to discontinue it. I think it is critical for PC to make CCR a success but forcing us to use it, is just BAD business and will no doubt backfire. The CCR can not and will not compare to the other Digital Image Programs and Machines. PC should of remained in their Cartridge Base Program, it made them superior, their Machines were stand alone, no computer, no Internet.

MaryScraps Offline
#21 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:50:02 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,464
United States

Thanks: 9224 times
Was thanked: 6882 time(s) in 2798 post(s)
You need to take a look also at what customers were demanding. People wanted a way to back up their cartridges. They were concerned with use the sensors on the cartridge would wear out.
People were all for designing on the go. So the birth of the Gypsy arrived.
Then customers didn't like buying a full cartridge and only using it for one or two images.
They wanted to buy single images. Then the birth of CCR arrived. Then ppls gypsy's were dieing so ppl wanted a way to back up their cartridges from the gypsy. Then the birth of linking the cartridges from the gypsy to CCR arrived. PPL wanted a way to have their broken gypsy repaired and the birth of the repair service came.
PC has mentioned they will be offering more features in CCR. I would rather they not announce any improvements to CCR before it is up and working properly.
I think PC has been listening to what CS wanted and are trying to meet everyone's needs.
You have to admit not everyone is going to be happy with how things are done.

As far as selling images/cartridges we now own that are linked. We can't sell images we own in the other software from other companies either. Nor is there a way to back up the images you own. You get 3 recoveries and then your sol. I just don't understand why the other companies in this business are viewed as so much better. When you compare apples to apples they have their quirks too.
cactipuddin Offline
#22 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 2:58:11 AM(UTC)
cactipuddin

Rank: Newbie

Groups: Registered
Joined: 12/16/2007(UTC)
Posts: 7

Thanks: 1 times
O.K. I'm confused. Did Provo finally develop a way for us to link our cartridges from Gypsy to CCR? I tried a search of the forums and got nothing. If they have developed a "fix" you would think they would be screaming it from the rooftops judging by the heat they have been taking about it. Can someone fill me in?
MaryScraps Offline
#23 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 3:06:07 AM(UTC)
MaryScraps

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/25/2008(UTC)
Posts: 7,464
United States

Thanks: 9224 times
Was thanked: 6882 time(s) in 2798 post(s)
Originally Posted by: cactipuddin Go to Quoted Post
O.K. I'm confused. Did Provo finally develop a way for us to link our cartridges from Gypsy to CCR? I tried a search of the forums and got nothing. If they have developed a "fix" you would think they would be screaming it from the rooftops judging by the heat they have been taking about it. Can someone fill me in?


There is a sticky at the top of this forum announcing it. It's called Gypsy Linking.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#24 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:16:05 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,353

Thanks: 1060 times
Was thanked: 1901 time(s) in 911 post(s)
Good morning.......

CalMom, it took over 2 years for linking to CCR to be possible.

SB_Grandma........ I own several other cutters and my images are all backed up......... as for the 3 recoveries to regain lost images......... It is three recoveries AT A TIME........ then it's a phone call to the company and reset privileges can restored; and, they have been restored for many users. I have not heard of anyone being turned down......... I have done it.

JSCrafty, I feel the reason there hasn't been an uproar about how crashed Gypsies have been handled is because so many people have left Cricut and moved on......... hard to have an uproar on a deserted message board :-)))))

Yes, linked carts still continue to be for sale right here on the PC message board.......... This gives many users the impression that they may have misunderstood the EULA and selling linked carts is okay.

I knew what the EULA said when I linked my carts....... I havent sold any linked carts. I do feel that PC has broken many promises to me and/or has abandoned/discontinued products rather than fix the problems and rather than keep the promises they made to users. I don't trust PC as a company.

Personally, I feel the rates PC is charging for repairing the Gypsy are very reasonable........ especially considering that PC pays return shipping........ I will be sending in a Gypsy to be repaired. (A friend sent me a "black screen, blue light" Gypsy.) I don't feel that PC had a complete plan in place when the Gypsy was offered on the marketplace. I will be keeping complete documentation of the repair process from beginning to end..... I will report to the MB how the process went.

Finally, if we are going to compare one cutter to another cutter, I think it's best to speak to the crafters who actually own and use the cutters in question.

My wishes for a wonderful Mother's Day to all BigGrin

Edited by user Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:18:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: typo......it's still early morning here :-)

 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Calmom on 5/9/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#25 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 6:28:54 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,353

Thanks: 1060 times
Was thanked: 1901 time(s) in 911 post(s)
I have tried several instances of goggling to find if other electronic products have "died" from lack of use. The Gypsy is the only electronic product I have found reference to in this circumstance. I have old cell phones that have gone years without being used and once charged they will still function. Anyone have any information on the "black screen, blue light" problem?? Several users have reported that PC reps told the user it was due to lack of use. I am seeking information on this problem and can't find any other products that have suffered from the same deaths.
 1 user thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
Calmom on 5/9/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:21:35 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Scrapbooking_Grandma Go to Quoted Post
You need to take a look also at what customers were demanding. People wanted a way to back up their cartridges. They were concerned with use the sensors on the cartridge would wear out.
People were all for designing on the go. So the birth of the Gypsy arrived.
Then customers didn't like buying a full cartridge and only using it for one or two images.
They wanted to buy single images. Then the birth of CCR arrived. Then ppls gypsy's were dieing so ppl wanted a way to back up their cartridges from the gypsy. Then the birth of linking the cartridges from the gypsy to CCR arrived. PPL wanted a way to have their broken gypsy repaired and the birth of the repair service came.
PC has mentioned they will be offering more features in CCR. I would rather they not announce any improvements to CCR before it is up and working properly.
I think PC has been listening to what CS wanted and are trying to meet everyone's needs.
You have to admit not everyone is going to be happy with how things are done.

As far as selling images/cartridges we now own that are linked. We can't sell images we own in the other software from other companies either. Nor is there a way to back up the images you own. You get 3 recoveries and then your sol. I just don't understand why the other companies in this business are viewed as so much better. When you compare apples to apples they have their quirks too.


I agree that Provocraft has been listening to what customers want but I think their solutions make no sense.

To me, it boils down to this simple idea. If I had only purchased one machine, cartridges and downloaded CCR, I would be able to use all of these products to their full capacity. I could cut directly from the carts. I could link the carts to CCR and cut with it. I would have a back-up system for my cartridges.

But as a Gypsy owner, because I purchased an additional Provocraft product that subsequently broke, I cannot use other Cricut products to their full capacity. (Unless, of course, I pay Provocraft more money to repair my Gypsy.) My husband and I are electronics junkies and I can not think of a single other example where this is the case.

 2 users thanked jscraftylady for this useful post.
GracefulGrammar on 5/9/2013(UTC), MaryScraps on 5/9/2013(UTC)
jscraftylady Offline
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:24:34 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
I would also like to add that folks don't seem to realize that according to the Cartridge EULA you can't sell ANY cartridges, not just linked ones. This is the little sticky note that is attached to all new cartridges that you accept by peeling off and using the cartridge.

2.6 Transfer of Cartridge and Content. You and Your users will not sell,rent, lease, or transfer, or attempt to sell,rent, lease, or transfer,the Cartridge or Content or any portion thereof(including operating a software‐as‐service, application service provider,service bureau or equivalent service using the Cartridge or Content to any other person, without the prior express written permission of Provo Craft)in any manner whatsoever.
GracefulGrammar Offline
#28 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:29:21 AM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 1/17/2008(UTC)
Posts: 2,353

Thanks: 1060 times
Was thanked: 1901 time(s) in 911 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
I would also like to add that folks don't seem to realize that according to the Cartridge EULA you can't sell ANY cartridges, not just linked ones. This is the little sticky note that is attached to all new cartridges that you accept by peeling off and using the cartridge.

2.6 Transfer of Cartridge and Content. You and Your users will not sell,rent, lease, or transfer, or attempt to sell,rent, lease, or transfer,the Cartridge or Content or any portion thereof(including operating a software‐as‐service, application service provider,service bureau or equivalent service using the Cartridge or Content to any other person, without the prior express written permission of Provo Craft)in any manner whatsoever.


Thanks for finding the exact wording.......... according to this, users may not sell a cartridge without PC's written permission. I believe the 1st carts to have this black EULA sticky were the 1st groups of Lite carts sold at Walmart about 3 years ago?

jscraftylady Offline
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 7:42:08 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 11/18/2006(UTC)
Posts: 3,723
Location: Alabama

Thanks: 552 times
Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for finding the exact wording.......... according to this, users may not sell a cartridge without PC's written permission. I believe the 1st carts to have this black EULA sticky were the 1st groups of Lite carts sold at Walmart about 3 years ago?



I have recently bought some very old carts that are still being produced and those carts have the stickies on them. So they appear on all carts manufactured after a certain date, regardless of title. I didn't realize that until recently. I think you are right, about 3 years ago.
Calmom Offline
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 09, 2013 11:38:19 AM(UTC)
Calmom

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 6/26/2008(UTC)
Posts: 3,097
Location: San Diego

Thanks: 1422 times
Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
I have tried several instances of goggling to find if other electronic products have "died" from lack of use. The Gypsy is the only electronic product I have found reference to in this circumstance. I have old cell phones that have gone years without being used and once charged they will still function. Anyone have any information on the "black screen, blue light" problem?? Several users have reported that PC reps told the user it was due to lack of use. I am seeking information on this problem and can't find any other products that have suffered from the same deaths.


I have spoken to many IT guys and they said PC is full of bull, making the statement that it is due to a lack of use. I knew that already but I wanted to confirm.

There are some who will believe anything PC says, even if it is not the truth.

Users browsing this topic
Guest
2 Pages12>
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 1.842 seconds.
nebo-cricut-04