Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages12>
Ken's Kreations Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 12:52:01 PM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1951 time(s) in 500 post(s)
So because of the Sale I have a heck of a lot of Cuttlebug folders. Right now they are stored in a drawer, but i need a better system. Any ideas??
 1 user thanked Ken's Kreations for this useful post.
shylalp on 5/22/2013(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 2:10:02 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

Groups: Registered
New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
You could use a storage box (photo box, recipe box or similar) with index cards and file them alphabetically according to their folder names.

The only problem that I had with this system is for eg. I was looking under "D" for dots when in fact the folder name was "Seeing Spots". So I renamed most of my folders so they make sense to me BigGrin
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC)
GracefulGrammar Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 3:17:30 PM(UTC)
GracefulGrammar

Was thanked: 1928 time(s) in 922 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Ken's Kreations Go to Quoted Post
So because of the Sale I have a heck of a lot of Cuttlebug folders. Right now they are stored in a drawer, but i need a better system. Any ideas??

http://www.consumercraft...-organization/cn2033-994

http://www.consumercraft...rganization/cn2033-994-1
 4 users thanked GracefulGrammar for this useful post.
CowgirlUp on 5/12/2013(UTC), Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC), Shelly on 5/13/2013(UTC), mhjudge67 on 5/19/2013(UTC)
LindainWA Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:13:45 PM(UTC)
LindainWA

United States

Was thanked: 942 time(s) in 552 post(s)
I use the 9L Really Useful Box that I got at Staples. It holds a ton of of folders even the 5x7 ones (which I seem to have a lot of too).
http://www.staples.com/R...les-Clear/product_673234

I had to get a 2nd one as this one is full after this sale. I have them stored by what the image is - Swiss dots - under dots, Circles - under circles, Frames - under frames regardless of that type of frame they are. The hard ones are the M-Bossilities as they are double sided with different images on each side. Those I do a cross reference for myself.

I also have one of the black folders for when I want to take my folders with me to crops. They do hold quite a bit, but I found them hard to get in and out. I have been trying to get the bigger size but can't find a good price that is in stock.

Side note: I use the 4L boxes for my cards.
 2 users thanked LindainWA for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC), Shelly on 5/13/2013(UTC)
cricaholic Offline
#5 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 7:52:20 PM(UTC)
cricaholic

Was thanked: 1204 time(s) in 685 post(s)
Cool I store mine in a jetmax (Recollections) 4-dr cube. I only use one drawer...

The large folders are to the right
I have a floral foam block in the back holding them upright and as I add to my collection I just trim the foam block
 3 users thanked cricaholic for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC), CraftyOldBat on 5/14/2013(UTC), shylalp on 5/22/2013(UTC)
garagesaler Offline
#6 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 8:56:23 PM(UTC)
garagesaler

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 2509 time(s) in 2006 post(s)
I store mine in my JetMax drawer (the 2 drawer cube). I use the Post It Filing Tabs that are repositionable for the names and it makes it easier for me to find them. I have them alphabetically by sets.
garagesaler attached the following image(s):
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
 1 user thanked garagesaler for this useful post.
Ladybug Offline
#7 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 9:42:28 PM(UTC)
Ladybug

Canada

Was thanked: 2959 time(s) in 1712 post(s)
Hiya Ken. I posted a thread on this exact same subject:-

https://www.cricut.com/f...e-Cartridge-for-MAY.aspx

Oooops, just reminded myself --- I need to respond to your message. Will do that right now. BigGrin
 1 user thanked Ladybug for this useful post.
ValerieSchomburg Offline
#8 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 10:32:51 PM(UTC)
ValerieSchomburg

Was thanked: 1606 time(s) in 1480 post(s)
I have done the same as Scrappy_Vee. Use one of the photo boxes from Michael's & JoAnn's. It also fits the few 5 x 7's I have too. It's the most inexpensive and works great for me. You could give it a try and if you didn't like it you could always use the box for storing something else. I mainly have done it this way because I don't have the money to spend on a lot of stuff these days.

1 user thanked ValerieSchomburg for this useful post.
SouthernVintage Offline
#9 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:48:42 AM(UTC)
SouthernVintage

United States

Was thanked: 801 time(s) in 713 post(s)
Glad you asked...I've been looking for a new way to store mine too. I did get the large zippered folder made to store these (half price) recently, but I have more than it holds and it is pretty tight pockets. I like to leave mine in the original packaging, but soon realized what a pain it was to take them out and then put them back. Ken, I was originally thinking about a drawer storage...why is that not working for you? I may need new jetmax now. Thanks for the suggestions in this thread.
 1 user thanked SouthernVintage for this useful post.
ladybugstamper Offline
#10 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 6:57:57 AM(UTC)
ladybugstamper

Was thanked: 496 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hi!
You can store them at my house, LOL!!!

I have mine in a drawer, I have those older, tall Iris carts from Costco and they all fit in one drawer, stored on their sides. All my folders have their names written on them with a permanent marker, and if they part of a set (like Once Upon a Princess), I added that too. I used From My Kitchen and made index card dividers and labeled them by theme, Asian, Animals, Floral, Christmas, etc.... I have over 100 now

I got this idea from another crafter. I made tags (the large Sizzix Tag) out of solid scrap paper, and embossed each tag with a different folder. I labeled the tags, and now I have a quick visual of which folders gives which look. I can use the tags to see which design works best. I ended up with 2 rings of tags because of all the folders. Also the tags are arranged on the rings in the same order as in the filing system.

2 users thanked ladybugstamper for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC), shylalp on 5/22/2013(UTC)
LisaDePugh Offline
#11 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:07:46 AM(UTC)
LisaDePugh

Was thanked: 285 time(s) in 215 post(s)
All of these ideas are great if you never need to take you folders anywhere, but the majority of my papercrafting is done at all day or weekend crops so I need portable storage. I've recently started using a CD binder for all of my A-2 embossing folders. It's about the same size as a scrapbook and holds 208 A2 folders. The only downside to this is it won't hold the 5x7's or 12" strip embossing folders. I have them in a seperate container. Works great for me.
 1 user thanked LisaDePugh for this useful post.
southgirltexas Offline
#12 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:38:01 AM(UTC)
southgirltexas

Was thanked: 569 time(s) in 341 post(s)
I found a spinning cd cabinet at a garage sale....I store my unmounted stamps and folders.
southgirltexas attached the following image(s):
001.JPG
 2 users thanked southgirltexas for this useful post.
garagesaler on 5/13/2013(UTC), Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC)
missstamper Offline
#13 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:54:16 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post
I found a spinning cd cabinet at a garage sale....I store my unmounted stamps and folders.

Very clever!
 1 user thanked missstamper for this useful post.
Leahdax Offline
#14 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 8:23:11 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: GracefulGrammar Go to Quoted Post
http://www.consumercrafts.com/store/details/catalog/scrapbooking-and-paper-organization/cn2033-994

http://www.consumercraft...rganization/cn2033-994-1

Thanks for the tip. I had one of the old cuttlebug storage folders with an extra set of A2 pages, but it's not enough and they don't make them anymore. Right now I'm using 3 of the Really Usefull Boxes, but they take up alot of space, especially since I have most of my folders still in their original packages. But, this sounds like it might work out better. I might just use the 5x7 binder for all my folders. And I might just take back all those A2 cuttlebug folders I just got from JoAnns and get the 5x7 folders that Darice has. That way I can make larger cards.

Originally Posted by: southgirltexas Go to Quoted Post

Nice. Wish I had the space for something like that.
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
SunnyGirl Offline
#15 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:35:01 AM(UTC)
SunnyGirl

Was thanked: 16 time(s) in 13 post(s)
I can't remember who gave me this idea about a year ago ... someone on Cricut MB or maybe on a blog site -- but this is my organization for my embossing folders.

It is helpful for me to see what an embossing folders looks like embossed on cardstock; therefore, making it easier for me to select a design for a card. My tags with the folders embossed are color and number coded for ease of use in finding the folder I want to use.

I use Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, Pg. 71, the Roly Poly cut with one hole, cut at 4" for each tag. You can get 2 tags cut from each 8-1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock paper. You will be embossing a tag for each of the folders you have.

For organization, I use Color Coded Stickers as follows: Green for Christmas/Winter; Pink for Valentine's Day/Anniversary; Orange for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall; Purple for Easter/Spring; Yellow for every other occasion. For each colored stack, I begin with the #1 and go on to 2, 3, etc. If there is an embossing folder with a coordinating border, I number them 1a & 1b, etc. For instance, if I am embossing one of the tags with a Christmas folder, I would use 2 green stickers -- I would place one of the green stickers with a number on the embossing folder and the other green sticker with a corresponding number on the corresponding embossed tag.

For storage of embossing folders, I use a plastic Sterilite box (or boxes depending on many folders I have). The box is 5-1/2H x 10-1/2L x almost 6-1/4"W. Keeping the embossing folders in numerical order makes the folders easy to find. I store the embossed tags on rings and keep them handy to refer to in my cardmaking or other projects.

Note: Keep extra blank tags handy for those extra folders that you will "just have to buy"!!
 2 users thanked SunnyGirl for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/13/2013(UTC), scrapbooking_grandma2 on 5/19/2013(UTC)
Ken's Kreations Offline
#16 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:56:08 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Originally Posted by: SunnyGirl Go to Quoted Post
I can't remember who gave me this idea about a year ago ... someone on Cricut MB or maybe on a blog site -- but this is my organization for my embossing folders.

It is helpful for me to see what an embossing folders looks like embossed on cardstock; therefore, making it easier for me to select a design for a card. My tags with the folders embossed are color and number coded for ease of use in finding the folder I want to use.

I use Plantin Schoolbook Cartridge, Pg. 71, the Roly Poly cut with one hole, cut at 4" for each tag. You can get 2 tags cut from each 8-1/2 x 11" piece of cardstock paper. You will be embossing a tag for each of the folders you have.

For organization, I use Color Coded Stickers as follows: Green for Christmas/Winter; Pink for Valentine's Day/Anniversary; Orange for Halloween/Thanksgiving/Fall; Purple for Easter/Spring; Yellow for every other occasion. For each colored stack, I begin with the #1 and go on to 2, 3, etc. If there is an embossing folder with a coordinating border, I number them 1a & 1b, etc. For instance, if I am embossing one of the tags with a Christmas folder, I would use 2 green stickers -- I would place one of the green stickers with a number on the embossing folder and the other green sticker with a corresponding number on the corresponding embossed tag.

For storage of embossing folders, I use a plastic Sterilite box (or boxes depending on many folders I have). The box is 5-1/2H x 10-1/2L x almost 6-1/4"W. Keeping the embossing folders in numerical order makes the folders easy to find. I store the embossed tags on rings and keep them handy to refer to in my cardmaking or other projects.

Note: Keep extra blank tags handy for those extra folders that you will "just have to buy"!!

This is very ADHD...PERFECT for me!
Ken's Kreations Offline
#17 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 9:57:34 AM(UTC)
Ken's Kreations

United States

Originally Posted by: ladybugstamper Go to Quoted Post
Hi!
You can store them at my house, LOL!!!

I have mine in a drawer, I have those older, tall Iris carts from Costco and they all fit in one drawer, stored on their sides. All my folders have their names written on them with a permanent marker, and if they part of a set (like Once Upon a Princess), I added that too. I used From My Kitchen and made index card dividers and labeled them by theme, Asian, Animals, Floral, Christmas, etc.... I have over 100 now

I got this idea from another crafter. I made tags (the large Sizzix Tag) out of solid scrap paper, and embossed each tag with a different folder. I labeled the tags, and now I have a quick visual of which folders gives which look. I can use the tags to see which design works best. I ended up with 2 rings of tags because of all the folders. Also the tags are arranged on the rings in the same order as in the filing system.

LOL!!!!!
MamaC Offline
#18 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 10:27:46 AM(UTC)
MamaC

United States

Was thanked: 1543 time(s) in 640 post(s)
I have accumulated lots of Cuttlebug dies and folders. So many that I couldn't remember what I had. This is how I remember what I have and how I store everything....(scroll down the post)

Cuttlebug Inventory and Storage
MamaC attached the following image(s):
Cuttlebug storage 11.jpg
Cuttlebug storage 12.jpg
Cuttlebug storage 02.jpg
 4 users thanked MamaC for this useful post.
garagesaler on 5/13/2013(UTC), BJR on 5/13/2013(UTC), Ken's Kreations on 5/14/2013(UTC), shylalp on 5/22/2013(UTC)
married05 Offline
#19 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 3:10:05 PM(UTC)
married05

Was thanked: 232 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Nilda posted a great idea a couple of years ago that I use! I got a card keeper box that fits all of my folders, even the 5x7 size. I need a new box now too though! Between a bunch of Darice folders I got on clearance at Pat Catan's and the ones I got here during the sale I am out of room!

Anyone have any clever ideas for storing the small folders? (The ones that come 4 to a package) or the border folders?
 1 user thanked married05 for this useful post.
Ken's Kreations on 5/14/2013(UTC)
pattyrussell Offline
#20 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 7:34:24 PM(UTC)
pattyrussell

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I found 3 ring binder inserts for photos, they are top loading-2 per side.
I then used the large 4in/3ring binder.

It slides into any tote or even shopping bag to haul to crops.

I have the folders sorted by holidays and/or design type.

I never bothered to label them because they move around so much and I have a general idea where or what section holds each type.

I keep the most often used folders in the front.

problem with this system is I am about to out grow it and I have not looked for additional inserts.

I will prob look into the cd file holder someone mentioned. That may be easier to expand with and most of those zip closed.

sorry no pics
 1 user thanked pattyrussell for this useful post.
LazyBee Offline
#21 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:37:03 PM(UTC)
LazyBee

United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Like most of you who took advantage of the Cuttlebug folder sale. I too have been a bit overwhelmed with what to do. I do not have a great deal of space for storage and I am not particularly fond of having everything out for everyone to see. I like things neat and organized. My solution originally started with a card box but I quickly out grew that, so I went back to Michaels and what I found was one of the large decorative boxes with a hinged lid on it (where they have the hat boxes). I also took one the larger folders with me to make sure it would fit. I have it sectioned off in 3 sections that further need to be sectioned. It is also large enough to hold the extra long plates I ordered as well. I have just about 200 folders in this box and best of all I can put it on the dresser in the room and have it look nice.
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Scrapperdee Offline
#22 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 6:47:55 AM(UTC)
Scrapperdee

Canada

Was thanked: 4184 time(s) in 2400 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LindainWA Go to Quoted Post
I use the 9L Really Useful Box that I got at Staples. It holds a ton of of folders even the 5x7 ones (which I seem to have a lot of too).
http://www.staples.com/R...les-Clear/product_673234

This is what I have

1 user thanked Scrapperdee for this useful post.
Leahdax Offline
#23 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:59:09 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Hobby Lobby has some 5x7 photo albums and refill pages that are inexpensive and portable. I might just do that. It would make it easier to keep track of each folder and should also be a little easier to store. They usually have a 40% off coupon that'll make it even cheaper BigGrin

Here's the link

Hobby Lobby 5x7 albums
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#24 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:05:58 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 408 time(s) in 340 post(s)
I am an embossing folder junky and am very OCD . I have the organizers GracefulGrammar posted the links to but I also made tags for all my folders.

The A2 size folders each have an embossed tag (George and Basic Shapes shift K cut @ 4.5")and they are a different color paper for each brand of folder (Sizzix are kraft, Darice are green, CB are white,etc). The tags are on binder rings by book (books are numbered 1-4). Each ring has tags of each color because the books are arranged categorically. The rings are on a ribbon which hangs near my desk so I can easily flip through them to find a design I want then quickly find which book it's in. I used A2 size paper in the correct colors for any "frame" folder so I can see how the whole design looks vs just a portion.

I know I'm nuts. LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, May 15, 2013 8:44:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat attached the following image(s):
051513 023.JPG
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
Scrappy_Vee Offline
#25 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 12:57:43 PM(UTC)
Scrappy_Vee

New Zealand

Was thanked: 274 time(s) in 187 post(s)
Well , you're all making my collection of around 12 embossing folders look pretty sad Crying

LOL
 1 user thanked Scrappy_Vee for this useful post.
MaryScraps Offline
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:31:24 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6894 time(s) in 2801 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
Hobby Lobby has some 5x7 photo albums and refill pages that are inexpensive and portable. I might just do that. It would make it easier to keep track of each folder and should also be a little easier to store. They usually have a 40% off coupon that'll make it even cheaper BigGrin

Here's the link

Hobby Lobby 5x7 albums

I like this idea!ThumpUp I like to keep things simple.
married05 Offline
#27 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:08:52 PM(UTC)
married05

I finally found another box at Joann's. It's called "card keeper" and is with the scrapbook storage. I just finished organizing all of my A2 and 5x7 folders.

Card Keeper at J's
married05 Offline
#28 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:11:17 PM(UTC)
married05

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
I am an embossing folder junky and am very OCD . I have the organizers GracefulGrammar posted the links to but I also made tags for all my folders.

The A2 size folders each have an embossed tag (George and Basic Shapes shift K cut @ 4.5")and they are a different color paper for each brand of folder (Sizzix are kraft, Darice are green, CB are white,etc). The tags are on binder rings by book (books are numbered 1-4). Each ring has tags of each color because the books are arranged categorically. The rings are on a ribbon which hangs near my desk so I can easily flip through them to find a design I want then quickly find which book it's in. I used A2 size paper in the correct colors for any "frame" folder so I can see how the whole design looks vs just a portion.

I know I'm nuts. LOL

I've done something similar. Mine are all embossed onto 4x6 paper (I wish I'd made them smaller). I like to be able to see all of my options, not just to have a list of the folder names. I like the idea of color coding! I have tons of Darice, Sizzix, and Quickutz folders.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 15, 2013 4:12:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeannieMS Offline
#29 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 7:39:28 AM(UTC)
JeannieMS

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 55 post(s)
I have mine in a photo box with the index cards, plus I embossed the image on the index file so I could see what the folder was too, so helpful
GypsyDeb Offline
#30 Posted : Friday, May 17, 2013 8:18:53 AM(UTC)
GypsyDeb

United States

Was thanked: 436 time(s) in 295 post(s)
I have a combo of things I have mine in a box in individual folders with the embossed image on the outside as well as the name of the folder. I wrote on the actual folder it's real name. And then I have a key ring with a sample of the embossing cut 3x3 and the name written on it. Then everything is in alphabetical order and if I'm in the mood to buy new ones I just drop the ring in my purse so I don't duplicate.