Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

MCKAYDREW3ff6e4dd Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:20:52 PM(UTC)
MCKAYDREW3ff6e4dd

Groups: Registered

So I have had the original Expression since it came out a long time ago. I also have Design Studio from way back. I have recently acquired a Gypsy. So what I am trying to figure out is which is better for me to use DS or CR? I have hardly used my machine but I am back and ready to rock....I just do not want to spend time learning to use one only to find out the other is better....so PLEASE HELP ME
scrapalette Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:35:38 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19028 time(s) in 8503 post(s)
I was a die hard DS user. Got a Gypsy when they were first released and didn't find it user friendly for me, the screen was way too small compared to my computer screen and the zoom feature just to be able to see "something" was annoying. So I chugged along using DS and thought I always would. Then, I really tried CCR and I love it. The easy weld, the text box feature, the quickness that it loads, the fact that PC updates it and so on. I'm one of the CCR users that doesn't have the problems others have experienced. . .inability to access, slow response time to name a few.

If I were you, I would learn CCR. Both DS and the Gypsy are now outdated. DS will have no more content updates and the Gypsy has been discontinued, although there should be content updates in the future and there is a Gypsy repair service.
MCKAYDREW3ff6e4dd Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 4:40:37 PM(UTC)
MCKAYDREW3ff6e4dd

Thank you for your help it is greatly appreciated...so then do all my linked cartridges link up to craft room to use?
sewnmachine Offline
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2013 5:06:39 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
They won't link up automatically. See the sticky "GYPSY LINKING" in the cricut chat forum. There is a process that you need to follow.
Olivia'sNana Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 5:34:54 PM(UTC)
Olivia'sNana

Was thanked: 903 time(s) in 438 post(s)
ditto what scrapelette said. I have never used my orig expression as a stand alone. Bought ds soon after my expression. Although I wish ccr you didn't have to have internet to use ccr, I find it much much much better than ds. So many more features and more user friendly than ds. I don't link my carts, just pop them in the e when ccr tells me to and cut away. I don't like the thought of linking carts that you can't unlink so I don't. I was use to doing this with ds so no big deal for me. CCR is free to use and you already have ds so I say try ccr, you have nothing to lose