Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

lorish3360773ff9 Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:19:17 AM(UTC)
lorish3360773ff9

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I bought the E2 anniversary edition when it debuted on HSNa few years ago. It is my first Cricut. I got it set up and updated just fine. I can make basic cuts although I often have paper tearing even when I create custom cuts for speed, depth, and number of cuts. I have figured out that to cut cardstock like Bazill, I have to do 3 speed, deep depth, and cut two or three times. Small intricate cuts of 1 or 2 inches always tears.

That is problem #1. My real problem is figuring out how to use the layers and shadow options. The manual is not helpful to me as it almost assumes the user is familiar with the original Cricut features.

Is there anything out there in terms of tutorials/videos/written directions for the E2 that is specific for the E2 and does not assume you already know how to use a Cricut?

Thanks,
Lori
Cricut LeAnne Offline
#2 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:29:58 AM(UTC)
Cricut LeAnne

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator, Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 12 time(s) in 9 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lorish3360773ff9 Go to Quoted Post
I bought the E2 anniversary edition when it debuted on HSNa few years ago. It is my first Cricut. I got it set up and updated just fine. I can make basic cuts although I often have paper tearing even when I create custom cuts for speed, depth, and number of cuts. I have figured out that to cut cardstock like Bazill, I have to do 3 speed, deep depth, and cut two or three times. Small intricate cuts of 1 or 2 inches always tears.

That is problem #1. My real problem is figuring out how to use the layers and shadow options. The manual is not helpful to me as it almost assumes the user is familiar with the original Cricut features.

Is there anything out there in terms of tutorials/videos/written directions for the E2 that is specific for the E2 and does not assume you already know how to use a Cricut?

Thanks,
Lori

Hi Lori,

You can find videos related to the Expression 2 on our website at www.cricut.com as well as on our Cricut YouTube channel.

Cricut LeAnne
melodylanedesigns Offline
#3 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 11:32:41 AM(UTC)
melodylanedesigns

Was thanked: 1869 time(s) in 924 post(s)
There are tons of videos on youtube, I have made lots of videos that are great for beginners. You can go to my blog and on the right side you will see lables and just click through them to find what you want to do, most of my posts have a video and a cut file for Cricut Craft Room.

If you have everything set at the same size the layers and shadows will fit correctly, just make sure your real dial size is not set.

You have actually had your cricut longer than me, I have just watched lots of videos and used it all the time.

www.MelodyLaneDesigns.com
lorish3360773ff9 Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 12:00:54 PM(UTC)
lorish3360773ff9

thanks for the video links. YEs, I have had my E2 for some time, but I don;t craft as much I would like. My room set up wasn't good and everything was hiding away in closets, boxes and wheely bags.
Now I have just made over my guest room and I can leave things out and have a nice place to work, so I am hoping to get back into card making and scrapping and finally master the beast that is E2.
 1 user thanked lorish3360773ff9 for this useful post.
ArcadiaFLNative on 5/20/2013(UTC)
lorish3360773ff9 Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2013 12:13:06 PM(UTC)
lorish3360773ff9

Originally Posted by: Cricut LeAnne Go to Quoted Post
Hi Lori,

You can find videos related to the Expression 2 on our website at www.cricut.com as well as on our Cricut YouTube channel.

Cricut LeAnne

I just now looked at the videos on cricut.com. I cannot find any that specifically teach the E2, or give step by step instructions on how to use a cartridge. I see classroom videos for the original Cricut but not for E2. When I click see more I get an error page--page not found.
I see plenty of opportunities to buy more cartridges, but I need help in using the cartridges I have.