Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

go-go Offline
#1 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 10:23:54 AM(UTC)
go-go

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1747 time(s) in 720 post(s)
I guess I am too honest, so I don't think like a scammer. I was looking at cartridges on ebay. I don't mind buying a used cartridge, but I am not interested in buying a linked cartridge. So...in looking at listings, some people are now saying that their cartridges are linked and that the serial numbers have been removed to protect both parties from fraud. So, what would the fraud be? I don't get why removing the serial number is a big deal.

Just curious...
~Margo
MariaReyes1 Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 11:55:39 AM(UTC)
MariaReyes1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 1780 time(s) in 1466 post(s)
Most likely the cartridge is registered under the sellers Cricut account.
MaryScraps Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:00:50 PM(UTC)
MaryScraps

United States

Was thanked: 6882 time(s) in 2798 post(s)
That don't make sense to me since the information is written on the cartridge itself.
Because when ppl used linked cartridges and tried to link it to CCR. It said it was linked to and the serial number that it was linked to. So they removed the sticker the information is still written in the cartridge.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 15, 2013 3:15:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeDee87 Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:08:59 PM(UTC)
DeeDee87

Was thanked: 511 time(s) in 216 post(s)
Could be any # of reasons. You could always ask the seller. Also, I think I have seen a listing like this & they are a top rated seller. I doubt they are scamming anyone. My guess would be that they would just want to be thorough in their description. I try to give people the benefit of the doubt and although I wouldn't buy a linked cart, there are a lot of people out there that don't care if a cart is linked. I wouldn't read too much into it. I didn't when I saw it.
ellamap Offline
#5 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 2:59:07 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 368 time(s) in 200 post(s)
To me, it sounds as tho the seller is trying to give the prospective buyer a false sense of security. I don't think they can remove a serial number. So, it does sound like a scam.
SuzieQue Offline
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2013 4:24:55 PM(UTC)
SuzieQue

Was thanked: 3 time(s) in 2 post(s)
I saw that ad also. One of the things the same seller seemed to have problems with was people ordering from her then sending a broken one back saying she sent it broken. So she also took pictures of the machines and put a notch on the serail number sticker.
go-go Offline
#7 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 8:35:41 AM(UTC)
go-go

United States

Was thanked: 1747 time(s) in 720 post(s)
I messaged the seller I was referring to. She has, in fact, been burned by a buyer. She sold a cartridge that worked. Buyer filed a claim, claiming it was damaged. She had to give money back because paypal required her to. The buyer sent her a different, broken cartridge back. She said that it didn't help that she used a stock photo.

Now, she takes lots of pictures of the actual cartridge, box, book, overlay, etc. That way, she has proof for paypal against unethical buyers.

And... the reason she removes the sticker with the serial number off the back, is just so she can keep track of the cartridges she has. She does it when she buys a cartridge. She puts them on a sheet of paper & laminates it for a reference sheet.

Sad...but good to know.

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2013 8:39:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JoyceG Offline
#8 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 1:34:44 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
hate to say this but she should not be selling LINKED cartridges anyways! All she has done is bought a cart, set it up on her gyspy or in CCR and then sold it. so now she has access to the images without holding up her end up the agreement. This is like stealing and it's wrong! I will never buy a linked cartridge from anyone.

Joyce
MaryStillman Offline
#9 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 8:07:52 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1247 time(s) in 790 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
hate to say this but she should not be selling LINKED cartridges anyways! All she has done is bought a cart, set it up on her gyspy or in CCR and then sold it. so now she has access to the images without holding up her end up the agreement. This is like stealing and it's wrong! I will never buy a linked cartridge from anyone.

Joyce

It may not be illegal, but I agree it is a form of stealing. However, if the cartridge was really cheap and I had a digital copy and wanted a physical book, I would probably purchase a linked cart. I just use the mini with the gypsy, so purchasing linked carts does not do me any good anyway. Just a way to get the physical book. Yes, I know you can download the digital book, but I like the real books.

JMO

Mary
jscraftylady Offline
#10 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 7:55:18 AM(UTC)
jscraftylady

Was thanked: 2309 time(s) in 1242 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post

Joyce

Technically, you are not allowed to sell unlinked, used carts, either. It's in the EULA on the cart itself.
JoyceG Offline
#11 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:16:30 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 913 time(s) in 593 post(s)
Originally Posted by: jscraftylady Go to Quoted Post
Technically, you are not allowed to sell unlinked, used carts, either. It's in the EULA on the cart itself.

In my opinion, selling an unlinked cartridge is nothing like stealing. If I sell an unlinked cartridge that I don't like any more or don't want, then I no longer have access to use it, only the new owner does. So I'm not stealing.

I have read everything that came with a few carts I own and it does not say anything about not reselling them. But when I linked them in CCR, I agreed to keep the cartridge. So how do you access the EULA from a cart?? I sure dont remember any disclaimers popping up when i incerted carts (until I started linking them in CCR).

Joyce