Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
LisaW. Offline
#31 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 8:37:52 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
I also vote for extending another week...not enough hours in the week for me this go roundLOL

Lisa
BingoLady Offline
#32 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 10:04:24 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 954 time(s) in 642 post(s)
Ladybug, so nice to see you back with your wonderful cards. Thankyou

Hannah, yes you can make one or all three if you would like. Hope to
see some cards soon.

Ladies, that is so nice of you ladies, I don't mind hosting another week.
Thankyou Love Love

TurtleBug Offline
#33 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 10:21:03 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Was thanked: 939 time(s) in 604 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Hannah. Go to Quoted Post
I have a couple of questions, can anyone join in the challenge and do you have to make all 3 cards? Do you pick the colours to be used also? It looks like fun to do this.

Hi Hannah!
Happy you will be joining this fun group of Ladies and know you will have fun, too!
NannDonna and LadybugJett answered your first question, but as far as picking the colors...DeeScraps is our "Ad Color Challenge" provider. Every week she looks for an Ad in which the colors all make for a good color combo to use in making a card(s), she then posts the Ad photo for us to use in making our card(s) skecthes for the week. We all pretty much make at least one of the skteches using the Ad Colors, and it is fun to see all the different creations we all come up with. Hope you give it a try!Smile

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2013 4:50:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Online
#34 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:15:47 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2593 time(s) in 1354 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BingoLady Go to Quoted Post

Ladies, that is so nice of you ladies, I don't mind hosting another week.
Thankyou Love Love

Thanks BingoLady that will give everyone an extra week to work on these 3 sketches that you posted for us this week.

SandyOtt1 Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 11:21:20 AM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Thank you everyone for the warm welcome. I would love for this to be extended to next week which will give me chance to do the 3 cards. I will watch the post for dates. I am also already doing my own sketches in hopes of hostessing one week. You guys have got my creative juices flowing. thx
*NanaDonna* Online
#36 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 1:34:23 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Great Sandy can't wait to see your creations - I am sure this challenge will be extended for ne more week. And it is fabulous that you are already planning on hosting. You can draw your own sketches like BingoLady did or you can use any of the many sketches that are out there, for instance Card Maps, Tuesday Morning sketches etc.....or any new ones that you may know of.

*NanaDonna* Online
#37 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 1:38:31 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

I finally finished my sketch #3. I have had it cut out for a few days but it has been so crazy around here with my grandson home and his wife & two year old staying here there has not been much time for me to get in my craft room.

The paper is from a K & Company stack and is in the ad colors.
The butterfly is from Pop Up Cards cartridge, the panel down the center is an MS punch and so is the flower strip across the top.

I put a piece of sheer iridescent paper behind the top layer of the butterfly TFL
TurtleBug Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 2:01:01 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

NanaDonna
#2 - LOVE this green card with all the greenery, and the Brads you used. LOVE the embossing on the center strip...which folder is it? Is there both a MS "B'day Cakes" AND a MS "B'day Cakes ART" cartridge? Is every letter cut separate on this card??

BingoLady
#3 & AD Colors - Very nice, like the vase with the pink accent and the BG base color is very pretty. Thanks for agreeing to extend your Hosting week!ThumpUp

LadybugJett
Happy you were able to play along this week, too!
#1 - What a happy and colorful card, great bold colors make for a fun B'day card. Like the mix of dots, flowers and circles...very nice!
#2 - Another very colorful card, love the strips with the party-related theme. Are they paper or ribbons? Great card!

SandyO
Anxious to see your cards and thanks for giving Hosting a try...YAY!! Your sketches can be of your own design or uploaded from another source, however, please be sure to give credit to the original designer of the sketch, whenever posible.

LisaW.
Hope your Mom is recovering nicely from her hip surgery and will be up and around real soon.

NanaDonna
OH,OH, I see you have been posting while I was commenting. Almost missed your #3 card.LOL
#3 in Ad Colors - WOW! So pretty, like the center panel and the flower border above the top. Like the way the soft pastel K&Co. striped pattern paper matches the pretty layered 3-D Butterfly, too!

Edited by user Monday, May 20, 2013 4:48:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#39 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 2:12:21 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Ladies, I want to see more pretty cards when I get home. Tonight is my
bingo night.

Donna , very pretty card with the ad colors.

Sandy so nice of you to want to host. Anytime you want to host let us
know.Cool Cool
Gisele Offline
#40 Posted : Monday, May 20, 2013 5:40:37 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
Hi everyone! I’m happy that this week’s challenge is being extended and I will be able to play along. I'm just unpacking from the weekend but will create and post in the coming days.

Welcome SandyOtt and Hannah! You’ll find lots of inspiration here and a wonderful supportive group.

BingoLady - Thanks again for hosting and agreeing to extend the time! Great samples for us this week! Sketch #1 is bright and colourful and a very versatile card! Great "Best Wishes" card for Sketch #2! Love your sketch #3 – great use of the MS punch, nice embossing and great papers in the ad colours!

Dee – Thanks for the ad colours!

Donna – You must be so excited and happy to have your DGS at home. How nice that he loves to cook and be in the kitchen with you! Wonderful Sketch #2 – great leaf embellishments! Sketch #3 is really pretty!

Turtlebug Wow you've managed to get the three cards done! Wonderful Sketch #3 in the ad colours! Love the large butterfly as the focal point and smaller ones as accents. Such a great Christmas card for Sketch #2 - I'm feeling behind as I haven't made too many Christmas cards yet. I love the burgundy and green combination and great embellishments! Your Sketch #1 turned out so well too! I haven’t seen that type of ribbon before but it is very appropriate for your card. How did it go to use CCR? I'm enjoying CCR but still love my Gypsy (I can design while at the cottage).

Lisa – you have been busy! Hope your mom’s surgery will go well!

LadyBugJett – I like your interpretation of Sketch #1 – Nice bright colours and great embossing too! A great birthday card for Sketch #2.

1 user thanked Gisele for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 5/23/2013(UTC)
LadybugJett Offline
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 21, 2013 5:44:34 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

#2 - Another very colorful card, love the strips with the party-related theme. Are they paper or ribbons? Great card!
[/size]

The candles in the middle was a ribbon. The polka dots and Happy Birthday were paper.
 1 user thanked LadybugJett for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 5/23/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Online
#42 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 1:36:24 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello all, sorry I wasn't around yesterday. Another busy day of cooking plus my son came in from North Dakota. Tomorrow is my granddaughter's high school graduation. At the last minute I realized that I did not make her boyfriend a card so I am working on that.

Then back to sketch #1, have some of the pieces cut out so hopefully I will get it finished tomorrow or the next day.

Crying Today Nate leaves to go to Phoenix to fly back to MaineCrying Crying Sad then in late June Emma & her Mommy will join him there.
Gisele Offline
#43 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 4:41:27 PM(UTC)
Gisele

Was thanked: 549 time(s) in 339 post(s)
So here is my Sketch #3...sorry no Cricut but some Cuttlebug.

Lots of little details with embossing, stamping, inking, different punches and using vellum for the butterfly and some old vintage ribbon from my MIL's stash (probably 40 years old).

BingoLady Offline
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:30:32 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Gisele, oh my, what a pretty card. Love everything about it. The BF
and of course the embossing.
SandyOtt1 Offline
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:14:59 AM(UTC)
SandyOtt1

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 19 post(s)
Waiting for my 3 day weekend to work on my cards. I have nothing to do all weekend except to stay in my jammies and craft and watch movies. This is definitely the life.....

Hope everyone has a great weekend and hopefully I will be able to figure out how to post a picture...
*NanaDonna* Online
#46 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 10:49:50 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

YEAH, got my sketch #1 done and in the extra credit a Christmas card.
Sorry not Cricut on this one, it is just hard to cut those squares using your Cricut without wasting a lot of paper.
The peace, hope etc was a bit of a challenge, it was a clear acetate printed piece that for a while, since it was clear I was not sure what adhesive to use to mount it on the gold paper. I did a test with several things and decided that the Crystal Lacquer was the best way to mount it.

BingoLady Offline
#47 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 11:14:01 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Donna, very nice Xmas card. I like the way you made the sentiment.
IvaYoungs Offline
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:03:18 PM(UTC)
IvaYoungs

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 72 time(s) in 38 post(s)
Am I the only one who can no longer see the sketches? It says they have been removed.
*NanaDonna* Online
#49 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 1:57:04 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: IvaYoungs Go to Quoted Post
Am I the only one who can no longer see the sketches? It says they have been removed.

I can see the sketches just fine, maybe try signing out and back in again
Glad you took a peak and if you can finally see the sketches would love to see
what you create
BingoLady Offline
#50 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:04:12 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Gee, so sorry you can't see the sketches. I hope it doesn't stop you
from trying. We would like to see your creations.Cool
TurtleBug Offline
#51 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 2:21:29 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies, just have to share my latest news!!!

As most of you know my dear 23 yr.old grandson is in the Navy and is Underway(currently bobbing around on one sea or the other!) He emailed us yesterday to let us know he passed all his testing and is now a DC2 which translates that he has recieved his 3rd stripe and is now a Damage Control Third Class Petty Officer! I am SO happy for himWub Wub , but sad that he has decided to re-enlist for ANOTHER 2yrs.Sad Sad. I am one very proud Nana!Smile

Edited by user Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:16:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Online
#52 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:06:28 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post
Ladies, just have to share my latest news!!!

As most of you know my dear 23 yr.old grandson is in the Navy and is Underway(currently bobbing around on one sea or the other!) He emailed us yesterday to let us know he passed all his testing and is now a DC3 which translates that he has recieved his 3rd stripe and is now a Damage Control DC3 Petty Officer! I am SO happy for himWub Wub , but sad that he has decided to re-enlist for ANOTHER 2yrs.Sad Sad. I am one very proud Nana!Smile

That is great news Josie tell him congrats from us. Test results were published yesterday Navy wide for all the sailors that tested back in March (yes it takes them that long to get the results) for whatever their next step up or rank up in their job is. HOWEVER you actually short changed him..............he is a DC2 which means DC Second Class Petty Officer or an E5 he was a DC3 Third Class Petty Officer or an E4. Next will be the BIG step when he becomes a First Class Petty Officer

We also received the good news and I am so glad Nate was here when the results were posted.
Yesterday morning when he woke up I had already looked up his results so when he came out of the bedroom I said " Good Morning Mr. STS3 Petty Officer" . I am so proud of both our sailors and their achievements and hard work.

On a sad noteSad Nate left very very earlier this morning and is back in Maine now.

Edited by user Thursday, May 23, 2013 3:43:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Offline
#53 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 4:19:26 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post

HOWEVER you actually short changed him..............he is a DC2 which means DC Second Class Petty Officer or an E5 he was a DC3 Third Class Petty Officer or an E4. Next will be the BIG step when he becomes a First Class Petty Officer

My poor baby, sure glad he didn't see my error(hit wrong key!). He has worked so hard these past five years, sure don't want to short change him!!
Hannah. Offline
#54 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:23:05 PM(UTC)
Hannah.

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 35 post(s)
Thank you for making me feel so welcomed into such a great group I certainly will participate.
TurtleBug Offline
#55 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 8:18:08 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hannah and SandyOtt
WELCOME! You both will be happy you joined this group of Ladies for card-making inspiration and fun. It is sure to help you build up your card supply and help you grow in your creativeness in no time.....Welcome to the family!Smile

Gisele
Glad you are back and all was fine back at your cottage, and you are able to still join us this week.
#3 -Love the deep rust and brown colors and matching Brads. The vellum B'fly is so pretty, it looks so real. Love all the extra details, very pretty card.

NanaDonna
#1 and Ex. Credit - Like all the assorted Christmas pattern papers and the acetate sentiment is very nice. Do you think the Crystal Laquer would work on Vellum as well?? Very pretty card!

IvaYoungs
Hope you came back and tried looking at the sketches again. I, too, could not see them today at times and other times "there they were!!" Do hope you decide to join in the fun and share your creations wih us.Smile

Hannah
YAY!! So glad you decided to join us and we are all so happy you did! Can't wait to see your creations on here.Smile
LisaW. Offline
#56 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 9:19:14 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
It was a hit and miss today with seeing the sketches on my end...realized I wasn't logged in after I had rebooted. A duh moment, lol.

I am excited for the new ladies to be joining us and anxious to see their creations.

I got my papers all ready to go and finally got an idea for sketch #1...now just to get them put together:) I just had to get my layout done tonight and hope you don't mind but I am going to share it.

Lisa
LisaW. attached the following image(s):
DSCF0378.JPG
BingoLady Offline
#57 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 12:59:51 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Lisa, nice layout. Hey we will have another golf champion.Cool Cool
britishgirl Offline
#58 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 1:06:21 PM(UTC)
britishgirl

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 143 post(s)
Do not know why but i cant see the sketches either and a few of the posts are not showing up as well
BingoLady Offline
#59 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 2:26:52 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Originally Posted by: britishgirl Go to Quoted Post
Do not know why but i cant see the sketches either and a few of the posts are not showing up as well

I'm so sorry that you can't see the sketches, I wonder what is going on.
I guess that is why I'm not seeing to many cards this week. I hope whatever
is going on gets fixed.[ Huh Mellow Confused
TurtleBug Offline
#60 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 3:03:14 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Ladies,
If you can't see the sketches/cards..try signing off and logging in again....it seems to work...I was having the same problem yesterday, but today has been fine. Sometimes it is just this crazy Website acting weird.

LisaW.

Thanks for sharing your nice golfing layout. The BG paper is so perfect for the LO subject. Great pictures...she has a pretty nice swing going there. Look out Tiger Woods!!