Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<56789>»
ctibbmn Offline
#181 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 2:11:47 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
As far as I can tell - the following people have not checked in yet this weekend -
Here is the length of time since their last post -

Ctibbmn - 10 days ( on the edge of the cliff Flapper )

Ooops!! So sorry. I wrote a reply Sunday night after we got home from camping and then got called away and now I remember that it locked up and must not have posted.

I bought some goodies for my Carol and have one letter done!! and many supplies for the made items - then I have to get in gear and make them and order the rest!! I am slow, but I will get there!!

1 user thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/6/2013(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#182 Posted : Monday, August 05, 2013 10:00:16 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 131 post(s)
JCI = been thinking about this swap a lot and the items I have selected. I forgot to mark a couple of items and I can't remember which letter I meant for them to be (they could be for a couple of letters). Oh well, I'll get through the alphabet and I hope Laverne with like what she receives.

Great brain teaser swap!
Evelyn

1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
sharlenescrafts Offline
#183 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 6:30:14 AM(UTC)
sharlenescrafts

Was thanked: 10 time(s) in 10 post(s)
I am new to the boards and was browsing around and thought this swap looked like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to see/hear about what everyone got/did. I absolutely LOVE Fall and hopefully someone will start another swap similar to this one that I will have a chance to join. BTW I have been looking to get in on my first swap (through these boards, have done many with my church/homeschooling group). Any idea of when some more will start with sign ups?

Happy Scrappin'

Sharlene
 1 user thanked sharlenescrafts for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#184 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 3:47:53 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered

Was thanked: 1054 time(s) in 769 post(s)
Originally Posted by: sharlenescrafts Go to Quoted Post
I am new to the boards and was browsing around and thought this swap looked like a lot of fun!! I can't wait to see/hear about what everyone got/did. I absolutely LOVE Fall and hopefully someone will start another swap similar to this one that I will have a chance to join. BTW I have been looking to get in on my first swap (through these boards, have done many with my church/homeschooling group). Any idea of when some more will start with sign ups?

Happy Scrappin'

Sharlene

Hi Sharlene - thank you for checking us out !! I will be starting a Christmas Themed box after this one is finished (about September 10th)...so please come and join us then !Woot

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
sharlenescrafts on 8/7/2013(UTC)
Doxmom17 Offline
#185 Posted : Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:42:26 PM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi,Barbara and friends~

Just wanted to say Hi. I've still got four items to find and pack. Box is decorated so I should be on time to send.

This weekend my daughter Lisa graduates from Univ. of Fla. with a BS in Business. We are so proud of her! My youngest daughter is flying in from Boston for the graduation, as well as my California nephew. A big party is planned at a Gainesville wine shop, The Wine & Cheese Gallery in the afternoon.

We're looking forward to her well-earned celebration!

Edited by user Tuesday, August 06, 2013 4:43:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked Doxmom17 for this useful post.
lauraa on 8/9/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#186 Posted : Thursday, August 08, 2013 6:54:24 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi everyone !

Doxmom - I know you are proud of your DD... many congrats to her and I wish you all a wonderful time at the Commencement festivities ! Woot ThumpUp

I have released the mailing dates for those of you who are chomping at the bit to mail early !! Razz So - from August 25th through Sept. 3rd is mailing time. Please post your tracking # here on the post so that your partner and I can see it.

It is getting down to the "crunch time" girls... time to do some serious crafting now ! I will be working on several tiny projects for my partner's box this weekend. Next week I will get the stuff wrapped and the box decorated up a bit. The outside of the shoebox does NOT have to be elaborate...just pretty and maybe good for storing craft supplies on a shelf. I like to stack my boxes, so if the lid is heavily embellished it makes that difficult to do.

Big waves to my partner MadHatter !! Have a wonderful week ~ Wub
 2 users thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/8/2013(UTC), lauraa on 8/9/2013(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#187 Posted : Friday, August 09, 2013 6:06:56 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Oh Laura......I am almost done your swap box....3 more items to craft.....are you excited yet?

have a great weekend

Denise
DonnaSchnees Offline
#188 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 7:02:01 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 114 post(s)
Gotten a few more items done for my partnerBigGrin Worked today, so working this evening on getting a few more done.

The Christmas box swap sounds like a good oneLove I will have to wait till then and see if I can join. I start night school on Aug. 26th and it is four nights a week. So with studying it may be a challenge. My last week of school is Dec. 14th.
DeniseE Offline
#189 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:04:52 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Found the answer to my question in your first post, Barb...duh

Denise
CricutCrazy Offline
#190 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:05:20 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Ladies ! I know this is a little late for making clarifications, but there was a question asked of me and I was not really clear about something.... you most DEFINITELY should be making some of the things that go into your box... Just buying stuff is not much of a challenge and not much fun either !
So - yes !! Please make some items -

Hope you are all having fun with this....I have decided upon the theme for the Christmas Swap box. It will be the "Christmas Song" (Mel Torme's " Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire " )
So you can be thinking on the lines in that song for inspiration...I will be more specific after Labor Day.BigGrin

Wooo Hoo I am getting excited thinking about all the fun boxes we are going to be seeing soon ! Woot
DeniseE Offline
#191 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 8:14:18 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Ladies ! I know this is a little late for making clarifications, but there was a question asked of me and I was not really clear about something.... you most DEFINITELY should be making some of the things that go into your box... Just buying stuff is not much of a challenge and not much fun either !
So - yes !! Please make some items -

Hope you are all having fun with this....I have decided upon the theme for the Christmas Swap box. It will be the "Christmas Song" (Mel Torme's " Chestnuts Roasting on an Open Fire " )
So you can be thinking on the lines in that song for inspiration...I will be more specific after Labor Day.BigGrin

Wooo Hoo I am getting excited thinking about all the fun boxes we are going to be seeing soon ! Woot

OK...lol Chestnuts roasting on an open fire reminds me of a card I made a few years ago, with 2 squirrels singing....Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire...
CricutCrazy Offline
#192 Posted : Saturday, August 10, 2013 9:11:18 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

OK...lol Chestnuts roasting on an open fire reminds me of a card I made a few years ago, with 2 squirrels singing....Chet's nuts roasting on an open fire...

BWAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAH!!!!!!!!!LOL GOOD ONE !!

Hmmmm thinking about Christmas almost makes me feel cooler here in this 93 degrees with 98 % humidity August sweat box called FLORIDA !! Love
 1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Doxmom17 on 8/13/2013(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#193 Posted : Sunday, August 11, 2013 6:45:34 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

JCI -- gosh, I was doing real well and now I feel like I am in a rush on this. I guess it's because I am wanting to make sure I have everything right. This swap has been fun though. It really makes you think because I wanted to do all I could to make it special for my partner.

Evelyn
CricutCrazy on 8/13/2013(UTC)
ctibbmn Offline
#194 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 10:31:30 AM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
Just finished with Prairie Fire Theater - now finally a normal week with no running to town everyday!! Actually, we have nothing going on for 3 weeks - til school starts. So I am cleaning off my crafty table and dusting off my Cricut and getting busy!!

Sorry CricutCrazy that you're in a sweat box!! It is absolutely beautiful here!! Was 48 this morning when I went for a run and now about 75. We had only 3 days that were in the 90s this summer, but I think we might need some more - I have 52 tomato plants and they are loaded - with green tomatoes!! We need sun - and rain!! so hopefully will be able to can a bunch!!

Gotta go make lunch - Have a great week everyone!!
 1 user thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
Laverne Offline
#195 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 10:45:47 AM(UTC)
Laverne

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 30 time(s) in 23 post(s)
I can't believe how fast time is flying....this is so much fun...Can't wait to see how Evelyn likes her box!!!!
 1 user thanked Laverne for this useful post.
missstamper Offline
#196 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 11:25:02 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
I am back from vacation. Still filling the box, but I am mainly down to making the handmade items. Busy week this week. Taking 18 year old DD to college next Wednesday and youngest DD starts school the following day!
 1 user thanked missstamper for this useful post.
lauraa Offline
#197 Posted : Monday, August 12, 2013 2:40:22 PM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post
Oh Laura......I am almost done your swap box....3 more items to craft.....are you excited yet?

have a great weekend

Denise

Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post

HAHAHAHA! Ok I know you now and can officially create "just for you"LOL Flapper BigGrin

Yes I'm excited! I know I'll be getting a wonderful box from you! I can't wait and hope you like what I'm putting together for you. This has been a fun swap. I still have a little work to do but will have it out on time.
DonnaSchnees Offline
#198 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 3:46:14 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

I am just about done. Got one ? What all did you do for games? Please pm me. I think my brain took a vacation on this one.

Thanks!
CricutCrazy Offline
#199 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:10:07 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

ctibbmn.... I am sSOOOOO jealous of your weather and your GARDEN !! Yummm I love to make Fried Green TOmoatoes and my Grandmother's favorite recipe for Green Tomatoe Pie ! Have you ever had it ??? It is soooooo good ! Naturally I also love ripe tomatoes...no matter if they are red or orange - they are the best fruit ever ! Wub

SOunds like you are all on schedule with your boxes. I have drawn a bit of a blank on decorating the outside of my box.....or, actually too many ideas and I can't make a choice !
Maybe a bunch of cut-outs of YAMS from the Garden Soup cartridge !!! (are there any on it ? I have not looked !)
DeniseE Offline
#200 Posted : Tuesday, August 13, 2013 4:20:39 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

New dilemma, I looked high and low and cannot find a shoe box in the attic, closets, or basement.
Is it ok to use a plastic type box that you store shoes in??

Denise
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/19/2013(UTC)
lauraa Offline
#201 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 11:21:16 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Send me some of those fried green tomatos! YUM!!!!!!Drool

My box is confounding me too. I'm good with a plastic box Denise. I actually went to buy one from the store who shall not be named. They didn't have one! I found a very pretty box from somewhere else, but it's already decorated and not fall. Is this acceptable? I was planning this elaborate box, until I read your post Barbara about not wanting it too embellished. That makes sense to me. I can do either embellished or the already decorated one. Just depends how far the rules are bendableFlapper and which one you'd prefer Denise?
 1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
DeniseE Offline
#202 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 12:33:43 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Originally Posted by: lauraa Go to Quoted Post
Send me some of those fried green tomatos! YUM!!!!!!Drool

My box is confounding me too. I'm good with a plastic box Denise. I actually went to buy one from the store who shall not be named. They didn't have one! I found a very pretty box from somewhere else, but it's already decorated and no fall. Is this acceptable? I was planning this elaborate box, until I read your post Barbara about not wanting it too embellished. That makes sense to me. I can do either embellished or the already decorated one. Just depends how far the rules are bendableFlapper and which one you'd prefer Denise?

Ugh, just typed a long reply and hit cancel by mistake. Laura, the box you described is fine, and the fact it is not fall mean I can leave it out all year long. I just finished Q and have to take DS to the Doctor for a med check, then I will be back. The only fireplace items I can think of are Christmas, unless someone else has an idea, is Christmas OK?

Denise
Godot's Girl Offline
#203 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:46:15 PM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2972 time(s) in 1784 post(s)
I am going to PM you what I did for Fireplace for my partner, but you must promise not to tell her! GG
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
lauraa Offline
#204 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:48:16 PM(UTC)
lauraa

Great Denise, the box is very pretty and you can use it for anything. It's nice and big for storing stuff in also! Found a bargain, and had to buy it. I figured it would get used for something and am glad it will work for you.
Christmas is just fine for fireplace.BigGrin

Will be working on this all next week. Still need to sort, craft a little, and wrap.
lauraa Offline
#205 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:49:26 PM(UTC)
lauraa

Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
I am going to PM you what I did for Fireplace for my partner, but you must promise not to tell her! GG

Tell me, tell me!LOL JK

Edited by user Wednesday, August 14, 2013 1:50:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#206 Posted : Wednesday, August 14, 2013 6:01:47 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

No, don't tell her LOL

eTeKb
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
DonnaSchnees Offline
#207 Posted : Friday, August 16, 2013 5:51:28 PM(UTC)
DonnaSchnees

Think I finally figured something out for the games.
 1 user thanked DonnaSchnees for this useful post.
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#208 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 9:47:00 AM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

JCI --

Evelyn
Doxmom17 Offline
#209 Posted : Saturday, August 17, 2013 8:06:12 PM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi, All~

My cardboard shoebox is decorated with fall-themed paper and almost ready to send out to Miss Stamper (waving hi!). As this is my first swap, I can only hope that I've done things correctly and my partner will be able to use many of the little gifts!

Friday is my target day for shipping. I'll be sure to get a tracking number and post it here.

Flapper
 1 user thanked Doxmom17 for this useful post.
missstamper Offline
#210 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 6:49:20 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Doxmom17 Go to Quoted Post
Hi, All~

My cardboard shoebox is decorated with fall-themed paper and almost ready to send out to Miss Stamper (waving hi!). As this is my first swap, I can only hope that I've done things correctly and my partner will be able to use many of the little gifts!

Friday is my target day for shipping. I'll be sure to get a tracking number and post it here.

Flapper

You are a bit ahead of me. I will probably mail my next Friday! If I can resist the temptation, I will wait to open mine until after I send yours.
 1 user thanked missstamper for this useful post.