Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

11 Pages«<678910>»
Godot's Girl Offline
#211 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 7:48:54 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States
Location: Too far from the farm! MQ pg.13, #387; Circle MQ pg. 4, #98

Was thanked: 2972 time(s) in 1784 post(s)
I am also hoping to mail on the 25th. Everything is done, just depends on getting to the PO that morning...lol! My heart's all a flutter in anticipation. I would post teaser pics, but I was so excited to get everything done and wrapped....I didn't take any pics, silly old me! Hope my partner likes things enough to post some pics.....Good luck everyone, as we are closing in on that mailing date! GG.
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/19/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#212 Posted : Monday, August 19, 2013 6:56:10 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Was thanked: 1054 time(s) in 769 post(s)
Hi Everyone ! I am BACK !! It is good to see many of you were nice & "chatty" while I was gone to the in-law's house...
I am sooooooooooooo glad to be home ! I do not sleep well in the beds they have there...hard as ROCKS !! I love my nice soft ADJUSTABLE bed !! ThumpUp Wub

Well, I still have much to do on my partner's box so I have to really get busy this week and finish a few things for her...I was a little "screwy" about the mailing date, I must have been looking at the wrong calendar...ANyhow, it is fine with me if you mail beginning Sunday the 25th ... that way some should have their boxes before Labor Day Monday. I cant wait to see the pix of what you all came up with for some of those crazy words I put on there....

Will be back soon !

Wub Barb
DeniseE Offline
#213 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:02:33 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 341 time(s) in 308 post(s)
Wish me luck, please....tomorrow I have to go have blood drawn to look for infection. My test for RA keep coming back really high, especially one that signifies infection, so they are looking to do a more in depth test to determine what is going on. I am also breaking out in tiny blisters on my arms and then (sorry if you are squeamish) they break open and itch like mad. I am so tired of feeling like this.

On a positive note, my Fall swap is almost complete. I got the last item I ordered today. Yay.

Denise
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/22/2013(UTC)
MOgoggingirl Offline
#214 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:07:10 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 441 time(s) in 384 post(s)
Denise I am so sorry for your difficulties. I hope they find out what's wrong and it won't be too bad.BigGrin
missstamper Offline
#215 Posted : Tuesday, August 20, 2013 5:27:03 PM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Was thanked: 457 time(s) in 337 post(s)
Originally Posted by: DeniseEmmerich Go to Quoted Post
Wish me luck, please....tomorrow I have to go have blood drawn to look for infection. My test for RA keep coming back really high, especially one that signifies infection, so they are looking to do a more in depth test to determine what is going on. I am also breaking out in tiny blisters on my arms and then (sorry if you are squeamish) they break open and itch like mad. I am so tired of feeling like this.

On a positive note, my Fall swap is almost complete. I got the last item I ordered today. Yay.

Denise

I hope your tests go well and they get to the root of the problems.
lauraa Offline
#216 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 5:47:02 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
I hope they find out what's wrong Denise and that you are feeling well again soon.

My box is almost full and I'll be mailing towards the end of next week.

Laura
Doxmom17 Offline
#217 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2013 6:32:54 AM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Good Luck, Denise. I hope you are feeling better soon - and that the tests/docs reveal the reason behind your difficulties...Love
DeniseE Offline
#218 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 9:07:22 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

The visit to the dermatologist. first off, once the doctor came in to the office and saw the blisters and bumps on my arms, she called in the other doctors not busy to view the side show freak. They oohed and ahhed and took pictures. How exciting, not. Scrapped a few spots, took punch biopsies of others, took a peek at all my other body parts, to be sure there weren't any regions they missed. Popular consensus is Staph infection from a compromised immune system (I have RA and am on a Biologic medicine that lowers immunity) I am on a stronger steroid cream, an antibiotic for staph infections and a tranquilizer to stop me scratching in the night. I also have stitches where they took the punch biopsies, and bandages on the scrapes. LOL I look like a science experiment gone wrong.

Thanks for the well wishes....

Moving along on this swap, Laura, I probably wont mail till the end of the month due to limited mobility on the arms.

Denise
MOgoggingirl Offline
#219 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 11:27:27 AM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Girls I am having a devil of a time with Octoberfest. Scared Any suggestions or ideas by PM would be greatly appreciated. ThanksBigGrin ThumpUp
Donna
CricutCrazy Offline
#220 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 1:58:52 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Prayers for you Denise... It sounds like you have Shingles on top of everything ! Staph infections are nothing to sneeze at. I hope that the meds will get it under control for you. Autoimmune disorders can be very confusing for some diagnosis...

Donna - I sent you a PM with some ideas BigGrin hope they help !

I hope to finish up my box this weekend for MadHatter -

There will be another manadatory check-in for everybody next weekend on Sat-Sun & Mon to make sure everyone has either mailed out or is getting ready to do so.

Blessings to All !! Wub
DeniseE Offline
#221 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:05:02 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

No, thankfully it is not shingles, I have had those and would not wish them on my worst enemy.

I have everything I need to finish.,,Funny thing is I got a package today from China for this swap, that I forgot I ordered. Woohoo.

Denise
 1 user thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/24/2013(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy Offline
#222 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 6:43:59 PM(UTC)
ScrapyPiggy

Groups: Registered, Circle Member

Was thanked: 212 time(s) in 186 post(s)
My box will probably end out going out on Aug. 30th or 31st because I am waiting on something to come. Once it is here should be pretty much a matter for wrapping and shipping everything out.

The box is pretty much decorated and most items are in it. Need to sit down and wrap everything up - which has been kinda fun trying to decide on how to wrap some items.

A big wave to my partner Godit's Girl, hope you are having a good week.Smile
 1 user thanked ScrapyPiggy for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/23/2013(UTC)
ctibbmn Offline
#223 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 7:50:42 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Was thanked: 66 time(s) in 64 post(s)
I've written two posts and they keep locking up before I send them. It is right after I put in the security image and it turns gray and does nothing!! Writing a shorter message this time!!

Just been gardening and doing the crafty items for this trade - its fun to get crafty again!!

I will probably send closer to Sept. 3 depending on if my garden slows down or not!!
MOgoggingirl Offline
#224 Posted : Thursday, August 22, 2013 8:02:31 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

I will probably be mailing toward the end of the time. Hope my partner will be patient with me.BigGrin

DonnaLOL
Godot's Girl Offline
#225 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 1:14:22 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Denise....keeping you in my prayers. I am so sorry you are having to go through this. I have a compromised immune system due to my liver failure, which was caused by an auto immune disease. I am forever getting multiple infections. I recently got poison ivy, which I am severely allergic to, and it turned into cellulitis on my right arm, and my right thigh, which then turned into a blood infection. I am still on medication for the blood infection, but the poison and the cellulitis have cleared up. It can be so frustrating! GG

ScrapyPiggy......waving back! GG

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2013 1:17:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeniseE Offline
#226 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 7:42:08 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Thanks, Patricia.

So far the new cream and the Ativan are doing the trick. I also have had Liver problems, but due more to youthful indiscretions then anything else. I was almost on a transplant list 26 years ago, but miraculously I never needed it.

I cannot believe I have only this swap due soon. Normally I am freaking out about a million things I have to do.lol

Have a great weekend all. Long day with the sisters tomorrow and then after DH goes to work on Sunday, I can finish this up.

Denise
MOgoggingirl Offline
#227 Posted : Friday, August 23, 2013 10:04:48 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

If I never see Oktoberfest again it will be too soon.OhMyGod RollEyes

This has been the most aggravating thing. Trying to find something at 4 craft stores and finding nothing. Then coming home and having to design something in CCR and then it doesn't want to work. Pfew! I've had enough. I'm going to bed. Hopefully tomorrow will bring better crafting.
ThumpUp BigGrin

Donna

Edited by user Friday, August 23, 2013 10:06:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ctibbmn Offline
#228 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:23:55 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
ctibbmn.... I am sSOOOOO jealous of your weather and your GARDEN !! Yummm I love to make Fried Green TOmoatoes and my Grandmother's favorite recipe for Green Tomatoe Pie ! Have you ever had it ??? It is soooooo good ! Naturally I also love ripe tomatoes...no matter if they are red or orange - they are the best fruit ever ! Wub

I've tried to answer this post twice already and it locked up, so will try again. I love our garden too - its a blessing and a curse though. Right now, everything is getting ripe all at the same time and my house is so hot with trying to bake for freezing, canning, or blanching for freezing. Today, I "had" to take the kids to the beach to cool off!!

I've never tried fried green tomatoes or tomato pie. I always thought it was a special kind of green tomato!! BigGrin Sounds good though - may have to try it!!

Our weather isn't so pleasant anymore - its been in the 80s/90s and predicted to be all next week too - and it hasn't rained in 3 weeks!!! Desperately trying to save our garden!!

Will be trying to finish up my crafty projects after the kids go to bed and the house cools off!!

Hope you are all enjoying the end of summer!!

Edited by user Saturday, August 24, 2013 6:25:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: grammar error!!

1 user thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/24/2013(UTC)
CricutCrazy Offline
#229 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 8:15:40 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

Hi Everyone ! It is so hard to believe that we are getting down to the last week before mailing on this one ! Where has the summer gone ? Kids are already back in school here (although I think it is horrible to make them go back before Labor Day Glare )
Labor Day for me is not big deal, as I always work on that day. Being a healthcare provider, I tend to not put a lot of importance on holidays, except Christmas !

Denise, it also sounds like you could have Vasculitis, which is a common auto-immune disease and it definitely causes break-outs of sores and blister-like vesicles on extremities. Either way, I know you are hoping it will GO AWAY !! Just remember that stress always stirs up auto-immune disorders of any kind. So try to take it easy.

ctibbmn - Sorry you are not getting rain...It has rained here almost every day this summer. We are literally water-logged...It is beginning to turn my grass yellow because of too much water. We could use a few dry days. THankfully it has not caused flooding except a little in the streets while it is pouring down.

I have not heard much from my partner. I assume she does not log onto the board very often...Makes it more difficult to get a "feel" for what to put into her box, but I will just do the best I can.

Sorry Donna - about OctoberFest - I thought that was an easy one ! You can rent an Oom-Pah-Pah Band and send to your partners house for a concert ! Ha Ha !! LOL No - maybe just some beer and pretzels !

DeniseE Offline
#230 Posted : Saturday, August 24, 2013 10:10:58 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Originally Posted by: CricutCrazy Go to Quoted Post
Hi Everyone ! It is so hard to believe that we are getting down to the last week before mailing on this one ! Where has the summer gone ? Kids are already back in school here (although I think it is horrible to make them go back before Labor Day Glare )
Labor Day for me is not big deal, as I always work on that day. Being a healthcare provider, I tend to not put a lot of importance on holidays, except Christmas !

Denise, it also sounds like you could have Vasculitis, which is a common auto-immune disease and it definitely causes break-outs of sores and blister-like vesicles on extremities. Either way, I know you are hoping it will GO AWAY !! Just remember that stress always stirs up auto-immune disorders of any kind. So try to take it easy.

ctibbmn - Sorry you are not getting rain...It has rained here almost every day this summer. We are literally water-logged...It is beginning to turn my grass yellow because of too much water. We could use a few dry days. THankfully it has not caused flooding except a little in the streets while it is pouring down.

I have not heard much from my partner. I assume she does not log onto the board very often...Makes it more difficult to get a "feel" for what to put into her box, but I will just do the best I can.

Sorry Donna - about OctoberFest - I thought that was an easy one ! You can rent an Oom-Pah-Pah Band and send to your partners house for a concert ! Ha Ha !! LOL No - maybe just some beer and pretzels !

How did you ever guess what I did....

Denise
Godot's Girl Offline
#231 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 5:01:23 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Ladies, I am coming to you for prayers for our family and my husband's family. We have lost his Aunt Annie, with whom we are very close. She was just diagnosed with lung cancer 2 weeks ago. Apparently it had spread to her lymph nodes and was extremely fast moving. She went to the hospital with dehydration a few days ago, and was incoherent. On Thursday, the doctor found the cancer in her lymphatic system, and by that evening, she was gone. My boys are really having a rough time. They just lost their Great-Grandmother (my husband's mothers' mother) earlier this month, so this has sent them reeling. They called Annie their Aunt Grammy, because she was like a grandmother to them. They are just devastated, and honestly, I am as well. Annie was always the first one to offer help, to welcome someone, and she treated me like a daughter, rather than her nephew's wife. I am so sad, and can't get a grip on my emotions. I have prayed continuously for the strength not to break down in front of my boys, to be strong for them, but it is so hard. We are traveling today to my DH's parents, and will attend both the viewing (Monday) and the funeral(Tuesday), and will stay a few days to help Annie's family with her house and belongings.

I ask also for special prayers for Annie's son and daughter, Eric and Katie, and for Katie's 3 children; Kristian, Koby,and Kaylor, who spent a great deal of time with their grandmother. The funeral will be extremely difficult and painful for them, they are so young.

Due to all this, I did break a swap rule, which I hope you can forgive me for. I do not know when we will return home, so I mailed ScrapyPiggy's shoebox on Saturday, so I would not be worrying about it. Here is the tracking number: 9114 9011 5981 5042 2215 55. It is due for delivery on Wednesday, August 28th, which is my DH and I's 20th wedding anniversary. I hope you like everything, ScrapyPiggy. I really enjoyed this swap, and want to thank CricutCrazy for being such a great hostess and for letting me participate. I saw that you had posted a potential Christmas box swap, and would love to join. I just have to see when the swap will be due, and what is on the list. I have a couple surgeries coming up, one quite serious, and will have to see when those are scheduled to see if I can participate.

Thank you all for letting me pour out my heart here. And thank you, in advance, for the prayers. They will be so appreciated, and I know will get us through this sad and painful time. I look on you all as my online family, and am continuously encouraged, uplifted, and heartened by the outpouring of love and kindness I see happen on this board. You are all angels in disguise.

Blessings, GG.
 1 user thanked Godot's Girl for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC)
missstamper Offline
#232 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 6:40:40 AM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Originally Posted by: Godot's Girl Go to Quoted Post
Ladies, I am coming to you for prayers for our family and my husband's family. We have lost his Aunt Annie, with whom we are very close. She was just diagnosed with lung cancer 2 weeks ago. Apparently it had spread to her lymph nodes and was extremely fast moving. She went to the hospital with dehydration a few days ago, and was incoherent. On Thursday, the doctor found the cancer in her lymphatic system, and by that evening, she was gone. My boys are really having a rough time. They just lost their Great-Grandmother (my husband's mothers' mother) earlier this month, so this has sent them reeling. They called Annie their Aunt Grammy, because she was like a grandmother to them. They are just devastated, and honestly, I am as well. Annie was always the first one to offer help, to welcome someone, and she treated me like a daughter, rather than her nephew's wife. I am so sad, and can't get a grip on my emotions. I have prayed continuously for the strength not to break down in front of my boys, to be strong for them, but it is so hard. We are traveling today to my DH's parents, and will attend both the viewing (Monday) and the funeral(Tuesday), and will stay a few days to help Annie's family with her house and belongings.

I ask also for special prayers for Annie's son and daughter, Eric and Katie, and for Katie's 3 children; Kristian, Koby,and Kaylor, who spent a great deal of time with their grandmother. The funeral will be extremely difficult and painful for them, they are so young.

Due to all this, I did break a swap rule, which I hope you can forgive me for. I do not know when we will return home, so I mailed ScrapyPiggy's shoebox on Saturday, so I would not be worrying about it. Here is the tracking number: 9114 9011 5981 5042 2215 55. It is due for delivery on Wednesday, August 28th, which is my DH and I's 20th wedding anniversary. I hope you like everything, ScrapyPiggy. I really enjoyed this swap, and want to thank CricutCrazy for being such a great hostess and for letting me participate. I saw that you had posted a potential Christmas box swap, and would love to join. I just have to see when the swap will be due, and what is on the list. I have a couple surgeries coming up, one quite serious, and will have to see when those are scheduled to see if I can participate.

Thank you all for letting me pour out my heart here. And thank you, in advance, for the prayers. They will be so appreciated, and I know will get us through this sad and painful time. I look on you all as my online family, and am continuously encouraged, uplifted, and heartened by the outpouring of love and kindness I see happen on this board. You are all angels in disguise.

Blessings, GG.

I am so sorry to hear about the death of your Aunt Annie. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your entire family. Hugs and safe travels.
 2 users thanked missstamper for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/25/2013(UTC), CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2 Offline
#233 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 12:49:16 PM(UTC)
EvelynRobinson2

Was thanked: 139 time(s) in 131 post(s)
JCI - Misstamper, goodness I am so sorry to hear of all the trials you are going through right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have been working on my shoebox for Laverne all weekend. I hope she will like what I have done for her. Isn't it funny how we all get nervous before we send things off? Laverne is a very sweet lady and I tried to do things that reflected the things she mentioned when we were gathering information.

Well - I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Evelyn
 1 user thanked EvelynRobinson2 for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC)
missstamper Offline
#234 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 3:39:14 PM(UTC)
missstamper

United States

Originally Posted by: EvelynRobinson2 Go to Quoted Post
JCI - Misstamper, goodness I am so sorry to hear of all the trials you are going through right now. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

I have been working on my shoebox for Laverne all weekend. I hope she will like what I have done for her. Isn't it funny how we all get nervous before we send things off? Laverne is a very sweet lady and I tried to do things that reflected the things she mentioned when we were gathering information.

Well - I hope everyone has had a good weekend.

Evelyn

Oh no, it is no me going through the problems, it is GodotsGirl (GG). Sounds like she needs all the prayers and good thoughts we can send her way.
 2 users thanked missstamper for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/25/2013(UTC), CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC)
DeniseE Offline
#235 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:26:40 PM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Patricia:

Prayers and thoughts going up for yours and your husbands family. May God wrap his loving arms around you all and comfort you.

Denise
 2 users thanked DeniseE for this useful post.
CricutCrazy on 8/25/2013(UTC), Godot's Girl on 8/26/2013(UTC)
Doxmom17 Offline
#236 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:33:30 PM(UTC)
Doxmom17

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 18 post(s)
Hi, All~

Prayers and healing thoughts go out to GG...it's always so devastating to lose a loved one, and especially hard on the children. So very sorry..

My DH and I are getting ready for a trip this week, so I popped my shoebox in the mail to Miss Stamper. The tracking number is:

Miss S., I hope you are pleased with the goodies. And that it inspires Fall creativity! Just let me know when you receive it - I've not had the very best experiences with the Post Office, recently!

Happy Crafting!

2 users thanked Doxmom17 for this useful post.
ctibbmn Offline
#237 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 4:40:35 PM(UTC)
ctibbmn

Praying for you GG for your painful loss and for you Denise for healing.
 2 users thanked ctibbmn for this useful post.
CricutCrazy Offline
#238 Posted : Sunday, August 25, 2013 8:47:30 PM(UTC)
CricutCrazy

GG - I am so sorry to hear of your loss. My heart goes out for you, your husband and the whole family. Sudden losses are especially difficult and 2 weeks is not enough time to prepare for that...I pray she is in the arms of Jesus right now and is no longer suffering. And, of course it is all right to send the box a day early...it is remarkable that you could think of it at such a time. I am also saddened to hear that you have these surgeries to anticipate as well. Be careful not to tire yourself too much.

The Christmas Box Swap (if I go ahead with it) will be due about November 10th. So it would give everyone about 2 months to work on it. I will know more next week. It also will not have as many items in it as this one...only 12 things for the 12 days of Christmas. It will also give you more freedom of choice than this one.

Okay everyone... I will be looking for tracking numbers and also there will be a mandatory check-in Saturday and Sunday coming up.

THANKS to ALL of you for being a wonderful group to work with !Wub

1 user thanked CricutCrazy for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/26/2013(UTC)
Godot's Girl Offline
#239 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 3:15:39 AM(UTC)
Godot's Girl

United States

Thank you all for your kind words and prayers. Again, I am so thankful for my MB family. You continuously restore my faith in humankind. GG
lauraa Offline
#240 Posted : Monday, August 26, 2013 6:00:53 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
So sorry to hear of your loss Patricia, I'll be sending good thoughts to you and family during this difficult time.

I hope you're feeling better Denise with a proper diagnosis. Sounds like a tricky one. If you need extra time to mail it's not a problem.

I should be mailing this on Wednesday. I'm all done, just waiting for a shipping box from the husband. I'm very happy with how it turned out and am excited for Denise to find all the treasures inside!

Laura
 1 user thanked lauraa for this useful post.
Godot's Girl on 8/26/2013(UTC)