Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

19 Pages<12345>»
JeanP Offline
#61 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:02:10 AM(UTC)
JeanP

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 891 time(s) in 723 post(s)
How about the Lennon Sisters on Lawrence WelkBigGrin BigGrin (Really showing my age now)

I loved the Mousketeers show especially when they had the Hardy Boys.

I still have 2 Cabbage Patch dolls in my attic. One real and one fake!!! It was hard to find a real one that Christmas so my DD ended up with 2LOL LOL LOL
KelleyRooks Offline
#62 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:52:03 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Was thanked: 529 time(s) in 432 post(s)
Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
I NEED A PARTNER.

DISCLAIMER*** Note: there were no three letter words used in this post.

OH cob, I am going to keep it open for a little longer. I have some regulars to the swap that are on vacation. Yes...I do notice the absence of the three letter words.LOL
RockinRobin1 Offline
#63 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:55:09 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Originally Posted by: scrappydew Go to Quoted Post
Mine are Crimped Hair, Cabbage Patch Doll, and Alf.

My uncle was always crimping my hair! I still have my cabbage patch doll and an Alf doll somewhere around here! My cabbage patch doll I won from a grocery store. Can only think of toys since I was a young kid then!BigGrin

Oh those Cabbage Patch Dolls...the ONLY time I every stood in line for something. 5:30 a.m. on the day our Toys R Us got them. I was FIRST in line. They put them in a circle on the floor and you had like 5 minutes to pick what you wanted. I think the limit was 2, which I what I walked out with! I think my children still have theirs.

I also played with Little Kiddles...little dolls that "walked" and Barbies. I think I played with Barbies until I was 15 (but never told anyone).BigGrin

I have an older brother who was so into Star Trek back then, so I've seen every movie and just about every episode of the original series. I did see Star Trek last weekend and I loved it.

I also loved the Mouseketeers and the ABC After School Specials (you know movies with a message).

Edited by user Friday, May 24, 2013 7:57:41 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CraftyOldBat Offline
#64 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:08:32 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

Was thanked: 406 time(s) in 339 post(s)
What I remember most about high school was going to concerts - Aerosmith, KISS, STYX, Journey, Bob Seger, Beatlemania, The Eagles, Queen, Pink Floyd, Kansas, Three Dog Night, Eric Clapton... We were an hour from Boston, Hartford, Providence, the Cape, Portsmouth, Springfield, Tanglewood; it was the best location for going to concerts since we had so many venues close by, gas was .45/gal and the 70s was the best era for rock-n-roll.

Corduroy, bell bottoms (flares), plaid, tye dye, batik, body suits, carpenter pants, fringe, platform shoes. The Drive-In, van shows, DISCO!, American Bandstand, Soul Train, Happy Days & The Fonz, The Bump, mood rings, lava lamps, roller rinks, pet rocks..

My dad wouldn't allow my mother to buy me jeans so when I got my 1st paycheck I bought myself a pair of jeans and everyone was laughing at me at the Drive-In that night because they said I looked funny in themBlushing LOL

Aahh the memories..

CraftyOldBat Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:13:44 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

The Cabbage Patch doll craze must've been in the mid eighties?? I remember my step-daughter wanting one SO BAD but you just couldn't get them. My dad had a client in Puerto Rico who owned a toy store and managed to get one shipped from him!
JeanP Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:25:38 AM(UTC)
JeanP

United States

Was thanked: 891 time(s) in 723 post(s)
3 o'clock every day after school(60's) was General Hospital!!!!

I watched it recently and some of the same people are still thereLOL

KelleyRooks Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:48:25 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

After School Specials, Winnie the Pooh movies that actually appeared on the tv versus the movie theater. You actually played outside all day until your parents made you come in.

Altina my son turned 21 recently. He would say Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Power Rangers, and Mummies.

From when I was a kid...pedal cars, big wheels, the green machine, and the bouncy balls you sat on that had a head with the handles on it.

I miss drive-in movie theatersBigGrin

Edited by user Friday, May 24, 2013 8:50:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ScrappinGwen Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 9:06:25 AM(UTC)
ScrappinGwen

United States

Was thanked: 708 time(s) in 574 post(s)
When the Cabbage Patch dolls came out, my sister worked at Fay's Drug Store so she scooped up the first one to arrive. Lauren still has her doll too!

I didn't buy my own first pair of jeans but I can still remember my mom taking me uptown to buy my first pair of jean pants. But they were brown, not blue. A tan top and a belt too! I guess I was in the 6th grade as I also remember that one of the other 6th grade teachers would not let the girls in his class wear pants. Can you believe that? My 6th grade teacher was awesome - he taught us how to play sports! lol He's still one of my fav. teachers to this day and I always smile when I see him!

My gosh if a teacher told a student today what they can't wear to school, the teacher would be thrown in jail!

What did I buy with my first paycheck? Contact lens! lol I did! I was a carhop at the A&W Drive-In restaurant. I started working the day I turned 14 as I wanted to work there with my favorite cousins! lol It was awesome!

Heart, Fleetwood Mac, Boston were my favorite concerts to go to when I was a senior in HS.

Has anyone mentioned sewing their own prom dresses? Nothing like the prom dresses bought today in the stores! lol

And those years were great also for picnics! Every Sunday some families on the street got together for a picnic and the guys played horseshoes, then the adults all played cards. Us kids played jailbreak or kick the can. We had a great street of kids, and it was a dead end street, so we could have so much fun playing those games nightly all summer long. Or we would all go to the lake to go boating and skiing. It was so nice that moms didn't have to work back then...they could clean and shop during the week so that we could have picnics and gatherings on the weekends! Family time!

Plus we went to the Drive In movies regularly in the summer. I can still remember how mom would pop up batches of popcorn and put in a brown paper grocery bag. And a pitcher of red koolaid. It was a cheap night out for the family!

The only soap opera I have ever watched is Days Of Our Lives. I started watching it when I was 19 and I still watch it.

My first DH and all his friends had souped up cars back when I was 17 and into our 20s. Camaro, Firebird, Mustang, etc. To this day, whenever I hear a souped up car purring I instantly go back to those years and memories. I love the sound of those cars....

I had a great childhood and wouldn't change it for a thing! This current generation of kids growing up are really getting screwed with few happy memories thanks to the expense of everything, and moms working and high rate of crime or fear of your kid being kidnapped when you let them out the door, etc. Even their toys break the first week they have them! lol Our stuff lasted and lasted forever!

Kazalah Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 9:42:19 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 619 time(s) in 262 post(s)
Ok.. sign me up! KelleyRooks sucked in another one! ( hope you're keeping tally lol) Besides COB needs a partner and her MB name reminds me of my mother lol

Lori
 1 user thanked Kazalah for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 5/24/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 9:56:25 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

I am loving all the pictures and stories.Love It seems whether you were a child of the 50's, 60's, 70's, 80's, or 90's, it was a much simpler time than now. I was watching a commercial the other day and every time it comes on it irks me.....I believe it is a knook and you can set parental controls so that it will shut off after a pre set time period. It is what they say that irks me ...we monitor it so you don't have too. It is the age of absentee parenting. Does it irk anyone else? My mother would of never tolerated us staying in to watch tv all day...it was out the door when you woke up, come in for lunch, go back out until dinner...then in the summer we would even go back out after dinner.

Welcome Kazalah to our fun little group.BigGrin
scrappydew Offline
#71 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:15:19 AM(UTC)
scrappydew

United States

Was thanked: 130 time(s) in 119 post(s)
Originally Posted by: KelleyRooks Go to Quoted Post

I miss drive-in movie theatersBigGrin

Originally Posted by: ScrappinGwen Go to Quoted Post

I was a carhop at the A&W Drive-In restaurant. I started working the day I turned 14 as I wanted to work there with my favorite cousins! lol It was awesome!

We still have have a drive-in movie theater and an A&W root beer stand drive-in restaurant nearby!! I remember going to both as a child and still go to this day! The root beer stand is a little expensive but fun to go to for a treat. They just don't bring out the food on roller skates, wish they did. lol! I think E.T. was the first movie I seen at the drive-in!
KelleyRooks Offline
#72 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:25:18 AM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Here is a little inspiration:

There is a post today with a cute little altered bottle on Artistic Outpost

http://artisticoutpost.b.../vacation-in-bottle.html

Also Artfully Musing does some great bottles and tutorials

http://artfullymusing.blogspot.com

CraftyOldBat Offline
#73 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:41:48 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

OH cob, I am going to keep it open for a little longer. I have some regulars to the swap that are on vacation. Yes...I do notice the absence of the three letter words.LOL

My bottle's half done and I don't even have a theme for it yet...

Unless you're my partner, in which case I start from scratch, know exactly what I'd do, but need TIME to do it and it IS a long weekend...

BTW you posted partners for the MAY Round on the 25th of APRIL so are you gonna' post for the JUNE Round on the 25th of MAY???

Edited by user Friday, May 24, 2013 11:00:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: just adding a little factoid...

CraftyOldBat Offline
#74 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:51:54 AM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

I used to shoo my kids outside in the Spring and lock the screen door LOL LOL LOL They'd whine about child abuse and I'd give them the number for DCYF and dare them to call them cuz' I could use a break. We moved to the NH mountains so they COULD play outside and be safe! There was plenty of time for Nintendo during the long freakin winters.. The only thing we had to worry about on our dead end road on the top of a mountain was the bears, but Fish and Game insisted they'd never eaten a child! They're all adults now and really appreciate it.
KelleyRooks Offline
#75 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 12:12:52 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: CraftyOldBat Go to Quoted Post
My bottle's half done and I don't even have a theme for it yet...

Unless you're my partner, in which case I start from scratch, know exactly what I'd do, but need TIME to do it and it IS a long weekend...

BTW you posted partners for the MAY Round on the 25th of APRIL so are you gonna' post for the JUNE Round on the 25th of MAY???

You are too funny. You wouldn't poor Jessie G, Caffinee, and the rest of the gang to miss out just because they were on vacation would youBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin
bklynborn Offline
#76 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 1:43:12 PM(UTC)
bklynborn

United States

Was thanked: 128 time(s) in 122 post(s)
thanks for the invite. but at this time I am doing a lot of lurking.BigGrin
KelleyRooks Offline
#77 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 2:01:12 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: bklynborn Go to Quoted Post
thanks for the invite. but at this time I am doing a lot of lurking.BigGrin

Lurk away...I just got so excited to see you hereBigGrin You can hang with us even though you don't play BigGrin
Kazalah Offline
#78 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 3:47:28 PM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Oh the good ole days .... when you came home from school, grabbed a snack and headed out till it got dark or you heard your mother yelling for you *sigh*. Drinking from hoses, riding bikes with "banana" seats ( mine was blue & white and I got it for Christmas) tire swings & tree houses ( that you built with friends with any scrap lumber or cardboard you could find lol) Riding in the back of your parents station wagon with NO seat belt! You'd just roll around in the back LOL I remember my first drive in movie... Amityville Horror and the lil snack guys singing "Let's all go to the lobby... Let's all go to the Lobby... Let's all go to the Lobby & buy our selves a snack!" I miss those days Crying

Lori
AltinaRobinson Offline
#79 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 4:08:12 PM(UTC)
AltinaRobinson

Was thanked: 34 time(s) in 27 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Kazalah Go to Quoted Post
Oh the good ole days .... when you came home from school, grabbed a snack and headed out till it got dark or you heard your mother yelling for you *sigh*. Drinking from hoses, riding bikes with "banana" seats ( mine was blue & white and I got it for Christmas) tire swings & tree houses ( that you built with friends with any scrap lumber or cardboard you could find lol) Riding in the back of your parents station wagon with NO seat belt! You'd just roll around in the back LOL I remember my first drive in movie... Amityville Horror and the lil snack guys singing "Let's all go to the lobby... Let's all go to the Lobby... Let's all go to the Lobby & buy our selves a snack!" I miss those days Crying

Lori

My brother and I used to build forts. We at one point live way out in the country, and the house had an abandoned Milk Barn (with a few other barns as well) on the property. We cleaned it out on day and use a bunch of old lumber we found to build a bridge across the pit in the milk barn. How that old wood stood up to us running back and forth I will never know LOL it was only held up by the side walls of the pit, and a support beam held to it with some old string we found. We would spend hours out there, and when our friends would come over it was so much fun. And it was a different world when it would snow. I miss those days
planlady19 Offline
#80 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:05:53 PM(UTC)
planlady19

United States

Was thanked: 277 time(s) in 260 post(s)
ok now that my arm has recovered... i am joining if it is not to late..LOL LOL

working on another swap will be back later to catch up.

terri

1. Theme/Style? I am pretty much open for anything but girly pink. and if you know me you know i love Snowmen so this would be great or anything that you like.. expand my mind as they say..

2. Color preferences want/don't want? NO PINK..

3. Anything special you want your partner to know...nope..

Edited by user Monday, May 27, 2013 4:58:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked planlady19 for this useful post.
MOgoggingirl Offline
#81 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:11:43 PM(UTC)
MOgoggingirl

United States

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 360 post(s)
Count me in. I will post a little later my info on preferences.BigGrin ThumpUp
 1 user thanked MOgoggingirl for this useful post.
CraftyOldBat Offline
#82 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:13:46 PM(UTC)
CraftyOldBat

United States

You are too funny. You wouldn't poor Jessie G, Caffinee, and the rest of the gang to miss out just because they were on vacation would youBigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

I didn't tell them to go on vacation; how is it my responsibility if they miss sign-ups?? Are they in a cavern in the middle of the Dead Sea with no internet?? RollEyes
 1 user thanked CraftyOldBat for this useful post.
scrappinchic Offline
#83 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 7:51:42 PM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Kelley I am sorry! I am not going to be able to participate!
LoriSjogren Offline
#84 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:27:48 PM(UTC)
LoriSjogren

United States

Was thanked: 2564 time(s) in 1518 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JeanP Go to Quoted Post
How about the Lennon Sisters on Lawrence WelkBigGrin BigGrin (Really showing my age now)

I loved the Mousketeers show especially when they had the Hardy Boys.

I still have 2 Cabbage Patch dolls in my attic. One real and one fake!!! It was hard to find a real one that Christmas so my DD ended up with 2LOL LOL LOL

lol, I actually know about Lawrence Welk. My in-laws love him and the show. We played some of his music for their anniversary.

I grew up mostly in the 80s and I had a perm. My mom's friend did it and I looked like a poodle. I didn't realize it at the time but, boy, when I look at those pics I think: What was I thinking?????

I remember Atari, PacMan, Top Gun, Dirty Dancing, The Goonies, Breakfast Club, - don't you forget about me! ...

BTW: Caffinee is joining in. Not in the middle of the Dead Sea but having too much fun - lol. I am jealous!Smile I told her she had to say yes.

Found this post on Artistic Outpost - cool idea:
 2 users thanked LoriSjogren for this useful post.
KelleyRooks on 5/24/2013(UTC), JeanP on 5/25/2013(UTC)
KelleyRooks Offline
#85 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:56:46 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

Originally Posted by: scrappinchic Go to Quoted Post
Kelley I am sorry! I am not going to be able to participate!

I am sorry to hear that Jess. If you change your mind, I will be leaving this up for a few more days.

Kel
KelleyRooks Offline
#86 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 8:59:20 PM(UTC)
KelleyRooks

COB - you make me laughLOL I will be updated to here.
Kazalah Offline
#87 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 5:17:36 AM(UTC)
Kazalah

United States

Questions:

1. Theme/Style?
2. Color preferences want/don't want?
3. Anything special you want your partner to know....

Theme/Style: Any really, but I do like Vintage stuff Smile

Color preferences: My favorite color is purple & I love lavenders and greens. Most colors are fine I'm just not a fan of bright or neon colors ( I was young in the 80's so did the neon thing.. wth was I thinking??)

Anything special you want your partner to know: This is only my 3rd swap & I've never received an altered bottle before so... anything goes Smile

Lori
CandyHazzard Offline
#88 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:02:18 AM(UTC)
CandyHazzard

Canada

Was thanked: 191 time(s) in 171 post(s)
OK, sign me up ...

No one has mentioned Go-Go boots ... I was so annoyed with my mother that she wouldn't buy them for me ... I had a Suzette doll, not Barbie ... she was the Sears knock-off ... and yep, you played outside till my dad whistled for me, and once I heard that whistle I'd better get home mighty fast. And you were allowed to play on teeter-totters and metal monkey bars just set up in sand ... oh the dangers we were exposed to and yet we survived.

I don't remember my first jeans, I just remember that in those days they were mostly made for men and if you had hips it was impossible to buy a pair that fit right.

And I wasn't allowed to wear pants to school till grade 13 (yep we had 5 years of high school ... they stopped that the year after my kids finished HS) ... even the year we were allowed to wear pants, they couldn't be any pants, they had to be a 'pant suit' ... I still remember some of those BigGrin I remember in grade 4, I got in trouble because I wore snow pants to school, and conveniently forgot to bring my skirt, so I had to wear the snow pants all day ... my grandkids do have a bit of a dress code ... no spaghetti straps, your shorts have to come to the tips of your fingers, no belly shirts ... it may not be for high school, cause all the rules are for the girls so DGS never complains ... I remember a big deal in grade 12 or 13 when one of the boys showed up at school in sandals without socks ...
lauraa Offline
#89 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:11:58 AM(UTC)
lauraa

Was thanked: 233 time(s) in 196 post(s)
When I think neon, I think Wham!-Wake me up before you go-go!
God, I loved them (and still do)Flapper I can remember the concert like it was yesterday. George Michael was wearing a yellow leather fringed bolero jacket and hiphuggers. Why oh why?

First concert was Frankie goes to Hollywood_YIKES! Saw my first EVERYTHING there. I was 14 and got morally corruptedLOL Downhill from there. Straight to Punk. Fun times.
DeniseE Offline
#90 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 6:55:46 AM(UTC)
DeniseE

United States

Was thanked: 327 time(s) in 300 post(s)
For COB

TAP TAP TAP BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin