Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Miranda**leighbug** Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 11:38:00 AM(UTC)
Miranda**leighbug**

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
I don't have a way to attach a photo this second so if one is needed to explain better PLEASE let me know and when i get home i will attach a photo.

On my gypsy i can make 2 squares (one bigger then the other) and am able to then put the smaller one inside the big one.... follow me so far :-) THEN when i pick another image, mickey mouse shadow, and put that image (smaller yet) INSIDE the smallest box touch at the corner area i am able to weld everything and cut it out and have a 'frame' type looking thing.

When i try to do that in the CCR i can make it work. Am i doing something wrong? I set it up just like i do on my gypsy but it wont work in the CCR.

Any help would be WONDERFUL!!!

I LOVE to make 12x12 overlays and have good luck with the gypsy. Hopeing it is just a learning curve for me.

Thanks in advance!!
CricketCMV Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:41:11 PM(UTC)
CricketCMV

Was thanked: 8174 time(s) in 4793 post(s)
I find that you have to manipulate the pieces you are welding together a little, to get the outlines to go dark again (when you get them in too far, the outlines dim a little). You barely touch them and they will weld. I think the system/program doesn't like it if you over weld the pieces (move them into each other too far....it lets us barely touch the other image when we're welding).

Be sure the black dot is in the little white circle when it says weld/do not weld at the top of your image when you're working with them.

You do need to wait a few seconds (maybe up to ten or fifteen, sometimes) to be sure the image welds before you start working on other things on your project. SAVE immediately, too. Maybe that will help it HOLD. Although, you shouldn't have to do that....it should take hold immediately.

Does any of this help you?

Char
 1 user thanked CricketCMV for this useful post.
Miranda**leighbug** on 5/22/2013(UTC)
Narelle Offline
#3 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 5:49:47 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7908 time(s) in 3706 post(s)
Instead of using two squares you will need to use a silhouette square. George & Basic shapes has one. Look for the Silhouette feature key.

In the pic below the image on the left uses the silhouette square. The image on the right uses two squares, one inside each other.

The black lines in each are what will cut.

2 users thanked Narelle for this useful post.
Coah'sNana on 5/22/2013(UTC), Miranda**leighbug** on 5/22/2013(UTC)
Miranda**leighbug** Offline
#4 Posted : Wednesday, May 22, 2013 6:28:56 PM(UTC)
Miranda**leighbug**

Was thanked: 7 time(s) in 7 post(s)
Thank you both SO much. I don't have George :-( but when I tried it with a accent essentials image it worked. To bad it isn't as easy as with the gypsy. Maybe the powers that be will read this and put a fix through.

Thank you both again!!