Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

madgespitzer Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:08:37 PM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 642
United States
Location: AL

Thanks: 297 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I'm buying a Fiskar's Fuse tomorrow at Joann's. Really good deal. I need to do some cards for my brother and use the Letterpress option. I know they have Fiskar Inks, but anyone who owns this machine. Are there another brand of inks I can use? I have only found the inks on HSN. If I have to, I will buy from HSN but just curious if anyone has used other inks and they have worked.

Thanks in advance,
Madge
Leahdax Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:28:53 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,176
United States
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Thanks: 184 times
Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: madgespitzer Go to Quoted Post
I'm buying a Fiskar's Fuse tomorrow at Joann's. Really good deal. I need to do some cards for my brother and use the Letterpress option. I know they have Fiskar Inks, but anyone who owns this machine. Are there another brand of inks I can use? I have only found the inks on HSN. If I have to, I will buy from HSN but just curious if anyone has used other inks and they have worked.

Thanks in advance,
Madge


What a coincidence! I'm picking up a Fuse tomorrow, too, I was going to go get it today, but decided to look thru my flyer first. Glad I did. The price on J's website is $299 on sale for $160, instead of $199 on sale for $120, so I'm going to be sure to take my flyer with me. I want to be there as soon as they open.

Anyway, I saw this Youtube video that mentions using other types of ink. It starts at 6:30 into the video. Here's the link

Fiskars Fuse review
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/24/2013(UTC)
madgespitzer Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:06:39 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 642
United States
Location: AL

Thanks: 297 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
What a coincidence! I'm picking up a Fuse tomorrow, too, I was going to go get it today, but decided to look thru my flyer first. Glad I did. The price on J's website is $299 on sale for $160, instead of $199 on sale for $120, so I'm going to be sure to take my flyer with me. I want to be there as soon as they open.

Anyway, I saw this Youtube video that mentions using other types of ink. It starts at 6:30 into the video. Here's the link

Fiskars Fuse review


Thank you so much for the video. I hope you got yours. I wasn't going to be able to go until lunch from work, so I ordered off Joann's website this morning before work. I'll have it in a week. But free shipping and cheaper tax, so I was happy!

Thanks again,
Madge
BJR Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:14:57 AM(UTC)
BJR

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,613

Thanks: 687 times
Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I have not found the Fiskars Inks anywhere but HSN does have them on clearance and they were recommeended to be good for me- I just got mine. Foskars Fuse is a nice machine and the dies have been expanded. Also the Adapter kit is clearranced at HSN but all the Fiskars Fuse stuff is 40% off at J's. I usually have to special order any dies lately at our J's because they either don't look hard enough to find them or they are not in stock. But its a nice machine and the price was lowered and the sale price is fabulous! Enjoy! BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/25/2013(UTC)
Leahdax Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 10:03:10 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Rank: Advanced Member

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Joined: 5/7/2008(UTC)
Posts: 1,176
United States
Location: Salt Lake City, UT

Thanks: 184 times
Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
I have not found the Fiskars Inks anywhere but HSN does have them on clearance and they were recommeended to be good for me- I just got mine. Foskars Fuse is a nice machine and the dies have been expanded. Also the Adapter kit is clearranced at HSN but all the Fiskars Fuse stuff is 40% off at J's. I usually have to special order any dies lately at our J's because they either don't look hard enough to find them or they are not in stock. But its a nice machine and the price was lowered and the sale price is fabulous! Enjoy! BJR.


That clearance price on HSN ($59.95) isn't that great, especially since you also have to pay shipping ($7.22). JoAnn has the adapters on sale for $54 with free shipping. The coupon (code KNCK145) was available online yesterday. It doesn't show up now, but I printed it out and it's good today, too. Or, if you don't order today, they have $2.95 shipping thru tomorrow. Also, Amazon.com has the adapters for $55.92 with free super saver shipping, so you don't have to be a prime member to get it shipped free. I'm gonna hold off on getting the adapters, tho. I only got the Fuse because I heard that Fiskars was coming out with 12x12 embossing folders this summer, and it'll probably have it's own plates for it.
 2 users thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/25/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 5/25/2013(UTC)
madgespitzer Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 11:28:05 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 11/21/2008(UTC)
Posts: 642
United States
Location: AL

Thanks: 297 times
Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
I have not found the Fiskars Inks anywhere but HSN does have them on clearance and they were recommeended to be good for me- I just got mine. Foskars Fuse is a nice machine and the dies have been expanded. Also the Adapter kit is clearranced at HSN but all the Fiskars Fuse stuff is 40% off at J's. I usually have to special order any dies lately at our J's because they either don't look hard enough to find them or they are not in stock. But its a nice machine and the price was lowered and the sale price is fabulous! Enjoy! BJR.


I got my adapters from HSN, I might have to go back and order the inks. I didn't have time to watch the video posted last night. I plan to tonight and then I will know better about the inks. Yeah, I learned today that you can't return online purchases to your Joann's store. I found in clearance the die set I needed that I ordered yesterday on Joann's. It was $5.97 and I paid $11.99. Joann's website has good customer service, they were going to cancel my order for me and then I could just go in and order the Fuse, but I used a free shipping code yesterday and the lady said she had no free shipping codes for today. So I will just return the die set when I get it.
I'm getting excited about this new machine.
Madge
BJR Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:51:10 PM(UTC)
BJR

Rank: Advanced Member

Groups: Registered
Joined: 8/29/2006(UTC)
Posts: 1,613

Thanks: 687 times
Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I hope you enjoy it! BJR.
Users browsing this topic
Guest
Forum Jump  
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Powered by YAF | YAF © 2003-2014, Yet Another Forum.NET
This page was generated in 0.308 seconds.
nebo-cricut-01