Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

madgespitzer Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 12:08:37 PM(UTC)
madgespitzer

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 235 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I'm buying a Fiskar's Fuse tomorrow at Joann's. Really good deal. I need to do some cards for my brother and use the Letterpress option. I know they have Fiskar Inks, but anyone who owns this machine. Are there another brand of inks I can use? I have only found the inks on HSN. If I have to, I will buy from HSN but just curious if anyone has used other inks and they have worked.

Thanks in advance,
Madge
Leahdax Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, May 23, 2013 7:28:53 PM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: madgespitzer Go to Quoted Post
I'm buying a Fiskar's Fuse tomorrow at Joann's. Really good deal. I need to do some cards for my brother and use the Letterpress option. I know they have Fiskar Inks, but anyone who owns this machine. Are there another brand of inks I can use? I have only found the inks on HSN. If I have to, I will buy from HSN but just curious if anyone has used other inks and they have worked.

Thanks in advance,
Madge

What a coincidence! I'm picking up a Fuse tomorrow, too, I was going to go get it today, but decided to look thru my flyer first. Glad I did. The price on J's website is $299 on sale for $160, instead of $199 on sale for $120, so I'm going to be sure to take my flyer with me. I want to be there as soon as they open.

Anyway, I saw this Youtube video that mentions using other types of ink. It starts at 6:30 into the video. Here's the link

Fiskars Fuse review
 1 user thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/24/2013(UTC)
madgespitzer Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, May 24, 2013 10:06:39 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

United States

Originally Posted by: Leahdax Go to Quoted Post
What a coincidence! I'm picking up a Fuse tomorrow, too, I was going to go get it today, but decided to look thru my flyer first. Glad I did. The price on J's website is $299 on sale for $160, instead of $199 on sale for $120, so I'm going to be sure to take my flyer with me. I want to be there as soon as they open.

Anyway, I saw this Youtube video that mentions using other types of ink. It starts at 6:30 into the video. Here's the link

Fiskars Fuse review

Thank you so much for the video. I hope you got yours. I wasn't going to be able to go until lunch from work, so I ordered off Joann's website this morning before work. I'll have it in a week. But free shipping and cheaper tax, so I was happy!

Thanks again,
Madge
BJR Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 7:14:57 AM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I have not found the Fiskars Inks anywhere but HSN does have them on clearance and they were recommeended to be good for me- I just got mine. Foskars Fuse is a nice machine and the dies have been expanded. Also the Adapter kit is clearranced at HSN but all the Fiskars Fuse stuff is 40% off at J's. I usually have to special order any dies lately at our J's because they either don't look hard enough to find them or they are not in stock. But its a nice machine and the price was lowered and the sale price is fabulous! Enjoy! BJR.
 1 user thanked BJR for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/25/2013(UTC)
Leahdax Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 10:03:10 AM(UTC)
Leahdax

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 354 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post
I have not found the Fiskars Inks anywhere but HSN does have them on clearance and they were recommeended to be good for me- I just got mine. Foskars Fuse is a nice machine and the dies have been expanded. Also the Adapter kit is clearranced at HSN but all the Fiskars Fuse stuff is 40% off at J's. I usually have to special order any dies lately at our J's because they either don't look hard enough to find them or they are not in stock. But its a nice machine and the price was lowered and the sale price is fabulous! Enjoy! BJR.

That clearance price on HSN ($59.95) isn't that great, especially since you also have to pay shipping ($7.22). JoAnn has the adapters on sale for $54 with free shipping. The coupon (code KNCK145) was available online yesterday. It doesn't show up now, but I printed it out and it's good today, too. Or, if you don't order today, they have $2.95 shipping thru tomorrow. Also, Amazon.com has the adapters for $55.92 with free super saver shipping, so you don't have to be a prime member to get it shipped free. I'm gonna hold off on getting the adapters, tho. I only got the Fuse because I heard that Fiskars was coming out with 12x12 embossing folders this summer, and it'll probably have it's own plates for it.
 2 users thanked Leahdax for this useful post.
madgespitzer on 5/25/2013(UTC), rhondah* on 5/25/2013(UTC)
madgespitzer Offline
#6 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 11:28:05 AM(UTC)
madgespitzer

United States

Originally Posted by: BJR Go to Quoted Post

I got my adapters from HSN, I might have to go back and order the inks. I didn't have time to watch the video posted last night. I plan to tonight and then I will know better about the inks. Yeah, I learned today that you can't return online purchases to your Joann's store. I found in clearance the die set I needed that I ordered yesterday on Joann's. It was $5.97 and I paid $11.99. Joann's website has good customer service, they were going to cancel my order for me and then I could just go in and order the Fuse, but I used a free shipping code yesterday and the lady said she had no free shipping codes for today. So I will just return the die set when I get it.
I'm getting excited about this new machine.
Madge
BJR Offline
#7 Posted : Saturday, May 25, 2013 1:51:10 PM(UTC)
BJR

Was thanked: 446 time(s) in 327 post(s)
I hope you enjoy it! BJR.