Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

melissamushett923cd38b Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 8:12:45 PM(UTC)
melissamushett923cd38b

Groups: Registered

Ok, I know everyone is tired of talking about the firmware updates I'm sure from what I've read. But, I did all the steps. I have a Mac. I updated the firmware through CraftRoom first on a PC, then plugged into the mac. Restarted my expression and logged into CraftRoom. It never asked me to update like before. When I click to check the version, I am still showing 1.0. I can't use the sync or anything else for that matter except just the machine alone. Where do I go from here? Is there a way to force the popup for the update? All I need, I think, is to go through those steps again. I knew I had to update on PC first to get past that tricky step 3 on a Mac, but now I just can't get it to ask me to update on the Mac. Any help is appreciated!
Sherri Kay Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2013 8:51:12 PM(UTC)
Sherri Kay

United States

Was thanked: 2413 time(s) in 2165 post(s)
I would give PC a call and I'm sure they can help you over the phone. I don't have a Mac, so I have no idea what to even tell you. Sorry! Huh
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Saturday, June 01, 2013 12:00:44 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 998 time(s) in 320 post(s)
Originally Posted by: melissamushett923cd38b Go to Quoted Post
Ok, I know everyone is tired of talking about the firmware updates I'm sure from what I've read. But, I did all the steps. I have a Mac. I updated the firmware through CraftRoom first on a PC, then plugged into the mac. Restarted my expression and logged into CraftRoom. It never asked me to update like before. When I click to check the version, I am still showing 1.0. I can't use the sync or anything else for that matter except just the machine alone. Where do I go from here? Is there a way to force the popup for the update? All I need, I think, is to go through those steps again. I knew I had to update on PC first to get past that tricky step 3 on a Mac, but now I just can't get it to ask me to update on the Mac. Any help is appreciated!

Hello! I can give you a couple suggestions, however you will probably need to call customer service for this type of support. The first suggestion is that you do a hard reset on your Mac. Close all running applications and then press the power button until the computer is completely powered down. Wait about 30 seconds then reboot. Try Craft Room again and see if the Expression is recognized then. If this does not work you will need to use a PC to update it through Design Studio. It is possible that your firmware is too low to be recognized through Craft Room. Again, please call customer service, they may be able to assist you further.

-Cricut Gena