Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

JocelynSirkis Offline
#1 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 6:49:14 PM(UTC)
JocelynSirkis

Groups: Registered

I created a beautiful file in ccr. I welded a dress to make a card and created a sash using files from two of my cartridges. I was so looking forward to cutting them, but when I synced to the gypsy the files were messed up. the dress was in two pieces and each piece was on a different part of the mat. My welds were broken- even though they were welded in ccr! The dress card was no longer a weld of two dresses in opposite directions. Instead, it was two dresses scattered over the page and sitting on top of other cuts! what a mess!!!!
I have an imac and its nowhere near my cricut, so I cant cut without the gypsy! Ijust got the gypsy a few weeks ago, and I used it once without any issue. I created my file with two layers and, while I'm not an expert, I'm pretty comfortable with CCR.

Any ideas???
Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:49:38 PM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7869 time(s) in 3683 post(s)
Did you get a message when you exported the file that some features may not be supported by the gypsy? I guess in this case it meant it. Blushing

I suppose you have no option but to adjust it once you've exported it to your Gypsy.
CricutGena Offline
#3 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2013 8:52:04 PM(UTC)
CricutGena

Was thanked: 997 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Hello! You will also need to make sure that the images you have designed with are not Craft Room Exclusive images. The Gypsy will not work with these images.

-Cricut Gena
MaryStillman Offline
#4 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 9:13:32 AM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1245 time(s) in 789 post(s)
I noticed that with the last gypsy sync that I did, my gypsy lost some functionality. Images can no longer be over-welded, or the images grey out. Maybe this was done to make it more compatible with CCR. I had some great created shapes that no longer work.

For me, I no longer update the gypsy. I now use what I have, if it is not listed on the gypsy, I don't purchase it.

Not complaining, just learning.

Mary
JocelynSirkis Offline
#5 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2013 10:15:51 PM(UTC)
JocelynSirkis

The only images i use are ones from my own carts- since the single images a freebies on ccr won't work with gypsy. The only advanced feature i used was "weld." Weld should work fine, but the file was unusable.