Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

4 Pages<1234>
TurtleBug Online
#61 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:55:06 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 951 time(s) in 613 post(s)
HIP HIP HOORAY, so proud of myself!!!

I needed to make a card for my precious DGS Joey, for his 11th b’day on July 9th. I decided to use the Ex. Credit Easel card. I saw something like it on U-tube and thought I would give it a try.I am so proud cause I made it all COMPLETELY on CCR!!
I have not mastered (or even minoredLOL) using the shadow feature on CCR, so, no shadowing on hereMad. I used the glove and baseball shadow cuts and welded them for the base and went from there. All the cuts are from Sports Mania cart, except Hb’day from Beyond Birthdays and “Joey” and “All Star” I typed in, then used the slant key and welded the letters. Used brown ribbon under the glove for the “webbing”. Misted the #11 and “All Star” with gold Pearl Mist, added red & blue star Brads
TFL!!Smile

This is the side view:

Joey is playing in the Little League "All Star" games. His jersey is #15, but I chose to us his age "#11" better. They lost on TuesdaySad Sad Sad . Play again tonight... XXXXXX (fingers crossed!)

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:17:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BingoLady Offline
#62 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 2:16:58 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 962 time(s) in 650 post(s)
Turtlebug, Wow, what an awesome card, love all the cuts and the sentiments.
Joey is going to love it. I'm going to play baseball so I can get one,BigGrin
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/2/2013(UTC)
*NanaDonna* Offline
#63 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:37:47 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Was thanked: 2611 time(s) in 1370 post(s)
FINALLY! got my sketch #1 done. I feel like have been working on it for days, well I guess I have. With everything going on around here lately this card was done a little at a time over several days.

The papers I printed from Sassy Designs I know I know I have way to much paper to have to be printing someDrool however they had a sale (ha ha ha I know another joke) but for one day only they had all their digital paper packs on sale for 24 CENTS that was too big of a gonga to pass up. So I downloaded a bunch of paper packs. It makes it so much easier to match and gives me a variety. So the background paper and the pennants are printed from one of the packs.

The pennants were cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge and the oval using Craft Room Basics.
The flowers are from my stash, I did not make them. TFL

Great cards so far by everyone, I will try and get busy working on my sketch #3 OR my Easel card, not sure which I will attack first.
LisaW. Offline
#64 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:55:03 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Was thanked: 146 time(s) in 102 post(s)
Hello ladies...got some sketches done but stretched the designs a little too much on 2 of them. Got to go searching for instructions on the easel card yet. Definitely need to redo sketch #1.

Sketch #1

Cartridge: None
Cuttlebug: Oval nestibilities.
Stamp set: CTMH Stamp of the month...pinwheel
Printed paper: $1.00 bin from Target couple years ago.

Sketch#2...anniversary card for brother

Cartridge: A Child's Year cut at 3"
Sweethearts for the hearts.
Stamp: Avonlea Workshop...Everyday Life
Printed Paper: HL

Sketch #3...brother's bday card with the ad colors.

Cartridge: Indie Art for the gears
Cuttlebug: Don't know the name but is by Darice.
Sentiment: Computer generated.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2013 8:56:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#65 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 7:09:03 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Was thanked: 734 time(s) in 565 post(s)
Originally Posted by: SandyOtt1 Go to Quoted Post
Thanks for extending another week. I spent last weekend organizing my paper and embossing folders, will post pictures later, and didn't have time to actually scrap. Looking for a crafty weekend.

Sandy

This is what I've been doing for the last few days. I feel like I'll never get done. LOL

Dee
DeeScraps Offline
#66 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 7:33:59 AM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Lisa Law....Three great cards from you! Remember that you can change the sketch to fit your needs. We don't mind.

#1 Card....The colors look great and I like the use of the MS Border Punch. That's a cool stamp. I can't believe that I actually missed this paper at Target. I thought I'd bought it all. Can we say "Obsession!"

#2 Card....Nice Anniversary Card and what a cute cut you picked to use. Very striking.

#3 Card....A good Ad Color card. The gear cuts and embossing folder goes perfect together. Very masculine.

Nana Donna.....Very nice card. I like how you did the banners. I've never used digital paper, but I can see the advantage of having some on hand.

Turtlebug....A wonderful Easel Card....and you did it all in CCR! Good for you. It was a great idea to combine the baseball theme into his birthday card. He'll love it.

I'm looking forward to seeing what gets posted today. Have a great Day no matter what you do.

Dee
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#67 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 3:59:00 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Yeah I got my sketch #3 done, and I love the way the colors look together.
The paper is from a Recollections paper pack. I saw a card this morning on Gina K Stamp TV where they used 2 different checked papers so it gave me this idea to make my card, love the contrast of the blue and yellow.
Art Philosophy has a banner cut, the label was cut from Art Philosophy using CCR and then stamped with a Gina K stamp. The center square and blue strip is embossed with one of the new Anna Griffin embossing folder. I debated about adding something to the center of that square but for now I will leave as is. TFL

Now to come up with an idea for my easel card.
LadybugJett Offline
#68 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 4:01:32 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Was thanked: 38 time(s) in 22 post(s)
Dee,

To answer your question about what to do with the extra cuts. I would find myself saving part of an extra cut but not the whole thing, then when I went back to cut the rest, I had no idea what size it was to finish. So, when I have extra cuts, I am now forcing myself to make a second card or do something with it right then.

The card with the alien (from Boys will be Boys) saying "Whazzup?" was made last week to send to my son while at camp. I accidently cut the body orange and the toes green because I wasn't paying attention to which one I had to use the shift key on. Then, when it came to the layers, I wanted some in green polka dot and just the eyes in white, so I had to cut twice with both papers. (I have a Mac and as far as I know I still can't use design studio). So, now I had extra layer pieces, too. So, I made a birthday card to put in my stash for when I need a card.
LadybugJett attached the following image(s):
IMG_3662.jpg
IMG_3665.jpg
LadybugJett Offline
#69 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 4:04:30 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Oh, by the way, the "Whazzup?" card is a postcard and I covered it with clear contact paper on the front so the camp staff would have fun seeing the card.

Now to use these great inspiration ideas and get to work.
LadybugJett Offline
#70 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2013 8:03:10 PM(UTC)
LadybugJett

Yea!! I did one. I used the Celebrations cartridge. It has a banner option that I just had to use. Then, the cupcakes were a border option.
LadybugJett attached the following image(s):
IMG_3695.jpg
*NanaDonna* Offline
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:19:46 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Hello ladies - I am going to try and work on my Easel card today, but if I don't get it done I wanted to share one I made a long time ago. TFL
sewnmachine Offline
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:42:27 AM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
What are "AD COLORS" ?
*NanaDonna* Offline
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 12:09:21 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: DeeScraps Go to Quoted Post
The Ad Colors.....

[img=http://][/img]

SEWNMACHINE - Here is this weeks Ad Colors. Each week Dee posts us a set of colors to use as inspiration IF you wish to. You do not have to it is just there for added inspiration if you need a little help in picking out your colors.

TurtleBug Online
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 3:47:16 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

BingoLady
Easel Card - Cute Christmas card, like the decorated window, which cart is the window cut from?
Lots of little added details and LOTS of presents!!Laugh

Hannah
#2 - WOW!!! So beautiful and elegant! LOVE the choice of the satin ribbons and papers. The glittered flowers and fern are so pretty. I, too, have some of those butterflies in assorted colors and sizes and they always add such a special touch. Awesome!!
2nd Easel Card - Gee, you sure do make some awesome flowers and bows! Love the color combo and the very nice frames with all the pearls throughout. All the matting really adds to the total look of the card, too!

NanaDonna
REALLY???? More paper??? Your DH will have to build an addition to your craft room just to store all your Paper Stacks, single sheets, paper printed on your Imagine and NOW Paper Packs!!
#1 - OK well....your paper fixation really has paid off! This card is beautiful. The paper is very pretty and I love the simplicity of the card...not too busy, it allows the four elements you used to really shine on their own. Pretty flowers, as always!!

OH!! OH!!...time has gotten away from me...have to leave to go to my DGS's All Star game. Will finish commenting later tonight. Happy week-end to you all!

BingoLady Offline
#75 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:14:43 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hanna, I'm so sorry but I can't see your cards.

And I can't even see mine. I couldsee them yesterday. It keeps telling me
your resourses have been moved.

Ladies I just want to say wonderful cards to all of you.

All the stuff I'v been writing keeps disappearing.Crying Angry
I just hope this time I don't .

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:15:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#76 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:44:53 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Well here is my extra credit Easel Card.
The background paper was printed using my Imagine and the Better Together cartirdge.The flower and dragonfly is from a K&Company Die Cut embellishment pack. The flower part has glitter on it but you really can't see it in the picture.
The label on the bottom is a Spellbinder and stamped with a Gina K stamp. TFL

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:46:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

*NanaDonna* Offline
#77 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 5:51:14 PM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

NanaDonna
REALLY???? More paper??? Your DH will have to build an addition to your craft room just to store all your Paper Stacks, single sheets, paper printed on your Imagine and NOW Paper Packs!!
#1 - OK well....your paper fixation really has paid off! This card is beautiful. The paper is very pretty and I love the simplicity of the card...not too busy, it allows the four elements you used to really shine on their own. Pretty flowers, as always!!

It is NOT physical paper packs, they are all digital and stored on my computer. I just print them out whenever I want them and in the exact same size as I need so there is no waste. I know I know you think it is a waste of ink but it is nice to have it on hand in my computer and not have to print it till I need it.

PLUS I can use it to flood fill images to cut them out with the pattern already printed on them. ie an oval filled with a flower pattern and then cut out

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#78 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 8:05:27 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Hello ladies...I hope everybody is having a good weekend and staying cool if your in the heatwave. Today was day 1 of our 6 day stretch of triple digit weather. I guess the nice thing is at least it is cool inside the stores but sure seemed like everybody else had the same idea. I hate grocery shopping as it is.

My redo of sketch #1...much better

Cartridge: Forever young for the pink oval.
Cuttlebug: Nestibilities for the blue oval.
Banner, flower brads, cupcakes: My wonderful find today at Craft Warehouse.

I don't know if they are all the same but our Craft Warehouse had their nestibilities marked down to $10 (reg 24.99) and some were even 7.99. I love those things. The banner was on a 12 x 12 sheet that was full of the banner for $1.00 They had butterflies and hearts I wanted but was on a budget (oops went over but just a little bit, lol). The brads were on a strip that was called Hampton Art Footlong brads and gems for 20 cents (reg 2.99)...had a lot of different ones. Cupcakes were the same...20 cents and 18 sorts of cupcakes. I also found organza ribbon in different shades for $1.00 (6 colors each). Nice score for a change considering I went to HL the other day to use my Mother's Day giftcard and didn't get much.

Got some instructions for an easel card...now off to play.

When you save your photos to photobucket...does anybody know if there is a way to save them without using all your space. I delete my stuff to free up space but then that removes them from the this site. Been frustrating to post from the "attach file" but not everybody can see them so I switched to the photobucket.

Thank you
Lisa
BingoLady Offline
#79 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 9:32:20 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Hannah, I don't know what is going on with the message board, but I
can see your cards now.
Wow you did an awesome job on both of them. Love everything the colors,the
flowers and all the decor.very pretty.

Turtlebug, Your card is so nice and colorful.

Donna , wonderful cards, love the desert scene on your easel card.

Ladybug, very cute card, I like the colors you used.The image you used is so cute.

Sewnmachine, welcome, and hope to see some of creations.

Lise, opps, sorry I almost forgot , all your cards came out nice.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
TurtleBug Online
#80 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:54:51 PM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Hello again!
OK…..Little League Baseball ALL over with till next season. My DGS’s team won 3rd Place, he was a very happy camper!! Very exciting for him since it was his 1st year playing and being picked to play in the All-Stars Game. NOW…..on to Soccer!!

LisaW.
#1 – I LOVE this very fun card and you chose a perfect sentiment for it. I especially like the Pinwheel pattern paper…never seen one like it before. Great card!
#2 - Very cute silhouette cut and heart pattern paper. Like the use of just black & white colors, and the heart up in the corner with the anniversary year on it.
#3 – Very nice card for your DB! Very masculine with no girly stuff on it. Like the gear cutouts and the inked embossing. I have a few Darice folders and I love the designs and the way the embossing is always so sharp.
Second #1 Card - Wow, you really found yourself some great bargains. Too bad we don’t have a Craft Warehouse around here. We just got our first Hobby Lobby here WAAAAYYYYYY over on the other side of town from me. Only ONE in a city with over one million population, Phoenix seems to have a JoAnne’s , Michael’s AND Hobby Lobby at every intersection!
Anyway, back to your card….Love the colors and the cute cupcakes and matching banners, love the card to give to a little girl.

NanaDonna
#3 – Great card, so bright and colorful! Love that embossing folder and the Banners. The popped double layer tag looks very nice with the navy brads.
Desert Scene Easel Card – Very nice, like the proportions you used on all the cuts and the 3-D Saguaro looks JUST like all the ones we have all around here, so very life-like.
Easel Card – Very pretty, like the embellies from K&CO. Very pretty tag and like how you distressed the white matting. Great choice of colors, too!

LadybugJett
So nice to see you back again! Like the way you are using up your extra cuts, good idea.
Camp Card for your DS is so cute with the 3-eyed, 3-legged Alien. Like the bright greens and orange color theme and of course, the “WHAZZUP?”! Thanks for sharing the Happy B’day card to show how you use up your extra cuts. This one is so fun, also!
#1 – Great B’day card! I also used the “Celebrations” cart on my #1 card for the Banners, like the way you can choose what you want as a cutout on the Banner and thread the string through them. The cupcake border is a fun cut also. Like the BIG present, too!

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2013 11:59:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TurtleBug Online
#81 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:12:53 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: *NanaDonna* Go to Quoted Post
It is NOT physical paper packs, they are all digital and stored on my computer. I just print them out whenever I want them and in the exact same size as I need so there is no waste. I know I know you think it is a waste of ink but it is nice to have it on hand in my computer and not have to print it till I need it.

NanaDonna,
You are NOT going to forgive me for what I said last night... about deleting all the pictures from our intinery you worked so hard on... and e-mailed me to download for our upcoming vacation... are you??Scared ...the fact that I deleted the pictures from printing "cause I wanted to save ink"!!!LOL LOL LOL It is just one item (printer ink) I don't enjoy spending my money on, or ever met anyone that does! I know you gifted me with the kit with those BIG bottles of inks to refill the cartridges that came with them, so PLEASE forgive me!!!Sad Sad

I was just KIDDING about all the paper you ALREADY have!!Tongue Tongue Tongue

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:18:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Dragonfly50 Offline
#82 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 12:58:31 AM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Hey everyone your cards are beautiful!!!

Thanks Turtlebug for the nice PM.

Hugs
D~
 1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
*NanaDonna* Offline
#83 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 8:30:35 AM(UTC)
*NanaDonna*

United States

Originally Posted by: TurtleBug Go to Quoted Post

NanaDonna,
You are NOT going to forgive me for what I said last night... about deleting all the pictures from our intinery you worked so hard on... and e-mailed me to download for our upcoming vacation... are you??Scared ...the fact that I deleted the pictures from printing "cause I wanted to save ink"!!!LOL LOL LOL It is just one item (printer ink) I don't enjoy spending my money on, or ever met anyone that does! I know you gifted me with the kit with those BIG bottles of inks to refill the cartridges that came with them, so PLEASE forgive me!!!Sad Sad

I was just KIDDING about all the paper you ALREADY have!!Tongue Tongue Tongue

Awww - ha ha ha I forgive you, I know ink is expensive and we all have our "thing" about saving money on that one particular item , I guess I am just not that frugal about printer ink. Now as much paper as I have I do save every little scrap "just in case I need it" later.OhMyGod I should apologize for teasing you about it.Blushing Blushing Sad I hope you can forgive meUnsure sometimes I wish I was a bit more thrifty Blushing I hope you are not mad.

Congratulations to Joey on coming in third place. Maybe we will end up with a Pro-ball player in the family yet. I know how proud of him you are.

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2013 4:52:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: oops

1 user thanked *NanaDonna* for this useful post.
TurtleBug on 7/1/2013(UTC)
DeeScraps Offline
#84 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2013 6:14:07 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Sorry I haven't been on to comment about the new cards that were posted. There's been some great ones, but I'm also still having trouble seeing some of them. Not sure why. I think the board AND my computer just don't like me lately!!!!

Dee
LisaW. Offline
#85 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:12:05 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Good morning ladies.

Do we have a host for Wednesday?

Finally...got my extra credit done. First time at making an easel card. Pretty plain and simple...let my paper be the focal point since I will be mailing it.

Cartridge: None
Cuttlebug: None
Punch: MS lace
Stamp: CTMH: For everyday occasions

TurtleBug Online
#86 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:38:11 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Originally Posted by: LisaW. Go to Quoted Post
Hello ladies...
When you save your photos to photobucket...does anybody know if there is a way to save them without using all your space. I delete my stuff to free up space but then that removes them from the this site. Been frustrating to post from the "attach file" but not everybody can see them so I switched to the photobucket.
Thank you
Lisa

Hi Lisa,
I'm not too savvy with Photobucket, not too sure what you mean by "without using all your space". I just leave mine in my "Library" after I post them. I upload my card to PB from my Cricut Cards folder, then I click "edit" to add my name, click on "replace original" and it is saved back into my Library, then I click on "Get Links" so I can upload it to the MB. Maybe one of the other Ladies can help you, sorrySad!

Easel Card
Very nice! Yes, if you intend to mail it instead of hand-deliver it, it is best to keep it nice and simple. As your card shows, "nice and simple" can be very pretty and also still convey your sentiment. I love the color and how you used the border to hold up the top portion of the card.

Next Host
NanaDonna and I with our DHs are leaving for vacation on Sunday, July 7th and BingoLady and her DH are meeting up with us on Friday, July 12th and we won't be back to Tucson until Tuesday, July 16th.
We need a Host for the Weeks of July 3rd-9th and July 10th-16th. I will take the week of July 24th to July 30th to give me time to prepare after vacation....

Any takers for either of the first two weeks??

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 9:59:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

LisaW. Offline
#87 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 11:02:05 AM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

I can take the week of July 3 through 9 though I will not have any samples ready unless somebody else would like to do it and then I would take the next week. If it is slow we can always extend it for 2 weeks like we have been doing. Just want to make sure we keep it goingBigGrin.

TurtleBug Online
#88 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 11:10:02 AM(UTC)
TurtleBug

Thanks Lisa...If everyone is in agreement, you can take it and we can leave it for two weeks. That would work out great
Thanks Again!Smile

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 11:10:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

DeeScraps Offline
#89 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 1:00:27 PM(UTC)
DeeScraps

Lisa.....Please let me know if you will be posting the sketches on Tuesday night or Wed. morning so I can post the colors. Looks like we will have company, but I should be home to get that done. Thanks for taking next week and I'd love to see the challenge go for two weeks all the time. I'm so darn slow in making cards that I have a hard time doing the sketches plus whatever other cards I need to make.

As for Photo Bucket......once you get the hang of it, it's great. I can outline what I do if that will help you. I was very confused for a while after they changed the format a few months ago, but now it's "easy-peasy!" Your cards will stay on your FB account as long as you leave them there. They ARE NOT still on your computer after you delete them. What you do have to be careful of is that if you move them from one "album" (that you've set up on FB) to another one, the link will be broken and the cards will NOT show up on the blogs that you have posted them to. I have several albums set up. One has personal photos, cards for 2013, older cards, and Challenge colors. I just make sure that they are in the correct album in my library before I post them to the Cricut Message Board. I have also changed them all to the private setting for security measures. I hope that makes sense.

I resize my photos in "Paint" before I upload them to PB. That's only because I'm used to what size I want to save them at, and I'm not with FB. I know that Nana Donna has told us what size she uses, but I didn't make a note of it...plus it also depends on what size the photo file is to begin with.

It is so nice when reading the message board to have the photos show up nice and big without having to open the file....which we know doesn't always work these days. That goes even more so for the sketches. I love them when they are big and easy to see and you can get a good copy when you print them out to work from.

Hope I haven't confused you more. It's really one of those things that you need to try and it will all fall into place for you.

Nana Donna and Turtlebug....have a fun vacation. How do you all cope with the heat? It's only in the 90s here and so unbearable...but we do have hight humidity. Still, 118 is a 118!! Keep cool.

Well, I still have groceries to put away. Love all the easel cards.

Dee (Oh dear...the spellcheck isn't working for me. Sorry for the mistakes.)
 1 user thanked DeeScraps for this useful post.
LisaW. Offline
#90 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 1:10:46 PM(UTC)
LisaW.

United States

Thanks Dee for the PB info...I will have to go back and play around with it some more.

I will post the sketches later in the evening on Tuesday.

Lisa