Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

krafty kate Offline
#1 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 6:27:36 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Hi There everyone,

I have not been on for so very long and now I'm back again; twice in one day BigGrin

I have been reading on the forums how the CDS and the Gypsy are being phased out in favour of the CCR, which I downloaded this a.m.

My question is how do I save my projects, stored in CDS and on my Gypsy. Can I transfere them into the CCR and if so how so?

I have some wonderful work, that is saved on these systems. I can't seem to find the answer on the forums, that said there is a huge amount to wade through Laugh

If anyone out there can help, or if they know if this can/cannot be done, PLEASE PLEASE let me know.

Many thanks
Krafty Kate
Coah'sNana Offline
#2 Posted : Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:03:04 PM(UTC)
Coah'sNana

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Virgin Islands (U.S.)

Was thanked: 18542 time(s) in 4861 post(s)
YES, you can!

I can't speak to CDS since I've never used it, but when you save a project, it must store it somewhere on your computer right? Once there, when you go into CCR and open a new file, it will give you the option to Import a file. For your Gypsy, you first need to copy the files you want from your G to your computer. Use C-Sync to do this. Connect your G and open C-Sync. After it tells you whether or not you have updates, it should show you the projects list. Just drag the files from there to your computer. Make sure the byte size after you copy it to your computer is NOT 0. If it is, try copying again. Then import the file to CCR the same way you would a CDS file. HTH. If you need more help, support can walk you through it step by step. Give them a call.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 19, 2013 7:03:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

krafty kate Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 20, 2013 3:29:12 AM(UTC)
krafty kate

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 74 time(s) in 57 post(s)
Originally Posted by: Coah'sNana Go to Quoted Post
YES, you can!

I can't speak to CDS since I've never used it, but when you save a project, it must store it somewhere on your computer right? Once there, when you go into CCR and open a new file, it will give you the option to Import a file. For your Gypsy, you first need to copy the files you want from your G to your computer. Use C-Sync to do this. Connect your G and open C-Sync. After it tells you whether or not you have updates, it should show you the projects list. Just drag the files from there to your computer. Make sure the byte size after you copy it to your computer is NOT 0. If it is, try copying again. Then import the file to CCR the same way you would a CDS file. HTH. If you need more help, support can walk you through it step by step. Give them a call.

Thank you so much for your help.

I also posted this in the CCR forum and after trying, more or less what you suggest on my own and having some success, a post came through with this link:-

Originally Posted by: scrapalette Go to Quoted Post
I've saved lots of my DS files as .gypsy files and successfully imported them into CCR. I've also imported .gypsy files that others have shared with me. You just have to know where you saved the file on your computer to find it.

Narelle has a tutorial here:

http://cricutcraftroombl...dio-and-gypsy-files.html

PC has support for international customers:

International customers:
UK: 0808 101 7032
Outside of UK: 0044 0808 101 7032
Hours 2pm – 1am GMT/UTC
email: isupport@provocraft.com

The tutorial is great.

Our replies crossed, in that forum, so if I'd waited my struggles would have been shortened, Laugh Laugh

Now I just have to work out how to do the reverse and transfer files to my Gypsy-I'm sure there's a tutorial out there, I was just 'post blind' having spent around 9 hours trying to find the answer yesterday. I was always told 'If you have tried and failed don't be afraid to ask, because help is out there' and it wasBigGrin

A big Thank you to everyone.
Krafty Kate