Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

2 Pages<12
Dragonfly50 Offline
#31 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 10:00:10 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Doxmom17

Welcome to Cricut!

You are going to have so much fun creating with your new machine.

I'm glad you got your issue figured out.

Sorry no one replied to your request for help.

That has happened to me and is frustrating.

I do not have a mini so I can't help with mini specific questions but you can PM me if you have any other questions.

I'll help if I can.

You can PM (personal message) me by clicking on the PM button at the bottom of any of my posts.

Enjoy your new toy.
D~

1 user thanked Dragonfly50 for this useful post.
Doxmom17 on 6/23/2013(UTC)
MJ Scrapper Offline
#32 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2013 10:26:49 PM(UTC)
MJ Scrapper

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 42 post(s)
I quit posting here because my comments usually get ignored. So I just come here and lurk once in awhile and post at more active boards where there are more responses. Still love my bug even though a lot of people are going to different electronic machines.
LazyBee Offline
#33 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 10:50:22 AM(UTC)
LazyBee

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 639 time(s) in 306 post(s)
Things are slow...I up until the last month or so used to login several times a day. Not so much anymore...I've noticed a trend towards not much activity. I was gone for a week, came back...not too many things changed...I don't like using the projects section to see project ideas because I don't enjoy having to continuously page up or down. And while I would love to post ideas or pictures (pain in the rear to do BTW and inconsistently works) I do have an issue with PC retaining and using my projects as theirs to do as they please without my acceptance or any compensation...so I don't post things I have made anymore, even when I would love to. That is why so many seem to have jumped shipped and moved on to posting via their blogs. Which I choose not to do. While I like to share I am not a self promoter and do not feel the need to put myself out there in cyberspace for all to see. Maybe if I used it as a business I might...but honestly my kids and husband would kill me and hang me out to dry if I started talking about them, and while I love to craft I'm not sure I have enough to say to keep it interesting. But I do love good dialog, but have found on this board one must be careful not to inflame the PC Gods or faithful otherwise risk getting flamed...this discourages use of the boards in my opinion. I wish people would place nice and be willing to accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion even ones we may not agree with. And it certainly didn't help that PC decided to discontinue some really good products and not support them any longer...that alone took many of the great contributors away.

So now I look in other places for inspiration or spend my time creating in my own space. I hope these boards can become the once bustling active place they used to be...maybe that is why I keep checking in occasionally.
 1 user thanked LazyBee for this useful post.
Calmom on 6/24/2013(UTC)
scrapalette Offline
#34 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 6:05:11 PM(UTC)
scrapalette

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 19134 time(s) in 8556 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post
Things are slow...I up until the last month or so used to login several times a day. Not so much anymore...I've noticed a trend towards not much activity. I was gone for a week, came back...not too many things changed...I don't like using the projects section to see project ideas because I don't enjoy having to continuously page up or down. And while I would love to post ideas or pictures (pain in the rear to do BTW and inconsistently works) I do have an issue with PC retaining and using my projects as theirs to do as they please without my acceptance or any compensation...so I don't post things I have made anymore, even when I would love to. That is why so many seem to have jumped shipped and moved on to posting via their blogs. Which I choose not to do. While I like to share I am not a self promoter and do not feel the need to put myself out there in cyberspace for all to see. Maybe if I used it as a business I might...but honestly my kids and husband would kill me and hang me out to dry if I started talking about them, and while I love to craft I'm not sure I have enough to say to keep it interesting. But I do love good dialog, but have found on this board one must be careful not to inflame the PC Gods or faithful otherwise risk getting flamed...this discourages use of the boards in my opinion. I wish people would place nice and be willing to accept that everyone is entitled to an opinion even ones we may not agree with. And it certainly didn't help that PC decided to discontinue some really good products and not support them any longer...that alone took many of the great contributors away.

So now I look in other places for inspiration or spend my time creating in my own space. I hope these boards can become the once bustling active place they used to be...maybe that is why I keep checking in occasionally.

Before I even start, I am not saying you don't have the right to your opinion. I've just never understood why it became such a big issue with PC and the MB when the majority of other forums have similar TOU.

This is in SplitCoastStampers TOU:

Member Content: Ownership & License

We do not claim ownership rights over your Member Content. However, you grant us a perpetual, worldwide, royalty-free and non-exclusive license to use, distribute, reproduce, modify, adapt, publicly perform and publicly display Member Content through the Services, solely for the purpose for which such Member Content was submitted or made available. You grant each user of the Services a non-exclusive license to access your Member Content, and to use, reproduce, distribute, display and perform such Member Content as permitted through the functionality of the Services under these Terms of Use.

Read more: http://www.splitcoaststa...tou/#menu4#ixzz2X5flIQKZ

This if in the 2Peas TOU:

By displaying or publishing ("posting") any information, data, messages, text, graphics, images, photos, video, sounds, profiles, works of authorship, or any other materials (collectively, "Content") on the Two Peas Website, you hereby grant to Two Peas, a non-exclusive, royalty-free, worldwide license to use, copy, modify (to the extent required for formatting purposes), publicly display, store, reproduce, transmit, and distribute such Content on and through the Two Peas Website, including a right to sublicense the Content to Two Peas Users to permit them to copy and use the Content for their private, non-commercial use. This license will terminate at the time you remove such Content from the website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, a back-up or residual copy of the Content posted by you may remain on the Two Peas servers after you have removed the Content from the website, and Two Peas retains the rights to hold those copies for its records. You represent and warrant that: (i) you own the Content posted by you on or through the website or otherwise have the right to grant the license set forth in this section, and (ii) the posting of your Content on or through the website does not violate the privacy rights, publicity rights, copyrights, contract rights or any other rights of any person. You agree to pay for all royalties, fees, and any other monies owing any person by reason of any Content posted by you to or through the website.

I won't add to the length of this by posting all the other forums TOU but I think it's odd that so many people were up in arms with PC over this and some of those same people {not meaning you} are posting on the other sites. Huh I know there were some who weren't happy with PC and were making this a big deal in a lot of posts on the MB. And I guess most people don't really read the TOU on the sites they join.

I do agree that a lot of people are posting only on their blogs, whether it is to make themselves a business or some other reason. But, these boards will never get "busy" again if people don't start logging in and posting. I saw just before posting here {because I always go to the bottom of the forums to see what the most recent threads are} that there were over 300 guests for the last 20 minutes. Imagine if even half of those logged in and posted! Woot

Edited by user Sunday, June 23, 2013 8:20:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

CindyLouScrappinWho Offline
#35 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 2:17:30 PM(UTC)
CindyLouScrappinWho

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 14092 time(s) in 3533 post(s)
It has been very quiet lately. I know for myself I don't have a lot of time to comment on every post, but I try to come by and see what's new. If I have the energy after work I want to open my new cartridges and make a layout or two. Hopefully they will turn out the way I want and I can share on the MB. I will try to do my part.
 1 user thanked CindyLouScrappinWho for this useful post.
Doxmom17 on 6/25/2013(UTC)
LenoreSovereign Offline
#36 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:21:35 PM(UTC)
LenoreSovereign

Was thanked: 40 time(s) in 26 post(s)
I have so much trouble signing in that most often I am just reading. I think what I miss most is not having exciting and new things to look forward to. Back in the day every new cart would create a stir as well as any machine. I am still using my machines and carts though. I was so disappointed when the Imagine was discontinued and no more new carts are coming.
deleted Offline
#37 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:37:41 PM(UTC)
deleted

Was thanked: 76 time(s) in 54 post(s)
I think the fact that you have to log in every time you visit is a real turn off. I know it only takes a couple seconds to do - but I know of NO other message board that requires it. It is just one of the many things that turns people off.

I also think people are more inclined to use other forms of social media, as Cricut Mallie was suggesting. Although I can't say that the Cricut facebook page is a hot moving place either. Yawn... LOL

I am not sure if there are other Facebook pages dedicated to Cricut (and only Cricut) that are not moderated by Provo Craft - but the ones that I am a member of that are for the "other" machine and the "other" software are SUPER busy. Even right now. They are not moderated by the companies. They are groups that some individual took the time to create. Many of the members of these groups are members at several of them.

At Christmas time it just about blows up it moves so fast. The ideas and projects shared are simply amazing. It really gets your creative juices flowing when you have that much interaction going on. People are so helpful about finding fonts and sharing ideas and helping with problems. It totally gets you pumped up to work on things. A lot of newbies that have just bought new machines come in and get help to get started.

You can ask a question on one of those groups and the answers just start pouring in IMMEDIATELY. Gosh it is SO fun!
Calmom Offline
#38 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:15:55 PM(UTC)
Calmom

Was thanked: 2095 time(s) in 1069 post(s)
Originally Posted by: LazyBee Go to Quoted Post

Very well said and right on point. PC would rather hear that they are wonderful and their products operate perfect instead of knowing the truth.

I know a lot of posters got tired of being bullied for speaking the truth, so they just don't visit the MB or just lurk.

The MB's used to be a fun and energetic place to visit but it has lost it's magic, for many reasons, I won't go into detail, we all know.

I find it interesting that all of the other Community Boards for other Die Cutting Machines (no names mentioned) are what the PC MB's use to be, Fun, Inspirational and NO Bullying.

1 user thanked Calmom for this useful post.
MaryScraps on 6/25/2013(UTC)
JoyceG Offline
#39 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 4:57:23 PM(UTC)
JoyceG

Was thanked: 923 time(s) in 597 post(s)
I'm still here but I have my grand daughter this month and have just been reading and not replying. But I have gotten tired of all the complaining and cricut bashing that's gone on. I don't care for all the negative comments. If someone is that unhappy with cricut..then I say leave the boards and don't come back. drama queens and I don't need that in my life.

Joyce
 2 users thanked JoyceG for this useful post.
ellamap on 6/25/2013(UTC), CricutMallie on 7/1/2013(UTC)
ellamap Offline
#40 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2013 7:04:29 PM(UTC)
ellamap

Was thanked: 371 time(s) in 202 post(s)
Originally Posted by: JoyceG Go to Quoted Post
I'm still here but I have my grand daughter this month and have just been reading and not replying. But I have gotten tired of all the complaining and cricut bashing that's gone on. I don't care for all the negative comments. If someone is that unhappy with cricut..then I say leave the boards and don't come back. drama queens and I don't need that in my life.

Joyce

I know what you mean! If I didn't like their products or the way they do business, this is the last place I'd be. I like discussing crafting, not complaining!
 2 users thanked ellamap for this useful post.
JoyceG on 6/26/2013(UTC), CricutMallie on 7/1/2013(UTC)
CricutMallie Offline
#41 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 12:07:35 PM(UTC)
CricutMallie

Groups: Registered, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 1162 time(s) in 216 post(s)
There are several Facebook pages dedicated to just Cricut users-- and many scrapbooking pages that Cricut lovers love! Maybe we could start a list so everyone can share their favorites?

Also-- I love that it was shared what you love about Facebook groups-- the sharing of projects from users is wonderful-- that's why we created Project Center-- and we've got over 100,000 users signed up other there-- have you checked it out lately? http://www.cricut.com/project
EstherWheat Offline
#42 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 6:18:43 PM(UTC)
EstherWheat

Was thanked: 222 time(s) in 138 post(s)
I am trying to do better with posting replys and being involved. It is still a good place to be!
 2 users thanked EstherWheat for this useful post.
Di&Co on 7/1/2013(UTC), Annabella on 7/2/2013(UTC)