Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

brooketippett3075a50e Offline
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 4:54:33 AM(UTC)
brooketippett3075a50e

Groups: Registered

I was trying to update the firm ware on my expression last night and it lost power. Now it boots into update mode. I have tried 3+ times to do the reset where you turn it on, turn the dials to lowest setting, hit the red button, turn the dials 3 times, hit the cut button and turn it off. That doesn't seem to be working.

This is only the 3rd time I've tried to use my cricut and am looking for help to get it working again.

Thanks!!
Cricut Dani Offline
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 11:30:58 AM(UTC)
Cricut Dani

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member, Circle Moderator, Cricut Community Moderator

Was thanked: 21 time(s) in 15 post(s)
Originally Posted by: brooketippett3075a50e Go to Quoted Post
I was trying to update the firm ware on my expression last night and it lost power. Now it boots into update mode. I have tried 3+ times to do the reset where you turn it on, turn the dials to lowest setting, hit the red button, turn the dials 3 times, hit the cut button and turn it off. That doesn't seem to be working.

This is only the 3rd time I've tried to use my cricut and am looking for help to get it working again.

Thanks!!

Hello,

Here are some steps to update your firmware:

#1 You will want to first make sure that you have the latest version of the Design Studio installed on your computer. If this is your first time using Cricut Design Studio we would like to recommend just clicking on the link below. If you have previously installed the program on your computer we would like to recommend uninstalling the program and then clicking on the link where you will follow those steps.

click download http://mirror.cricut.com...ontpack/CDS_10404220.exe

#2 Once this completes make sure you are not connecting the Cricut machine to your computer through a USB hub. Also, if you are connecting to a desktop, it is recommended that you use the ports in the back of the machine.

#3 In Design Studio go to the Help menu, then Update Cricut Firmware. Make sure you follow all directions listed on this dialog. This will normally take 7 to 10 minutes, if it is completing immediately this is a sign of a communication problem.

#4 At this point it may prompt for a second firmware update. You need to turn off the Cricut. Then make sure that the machine is back in firmware mode (feature keys will be lit up). Then click to begin updating for the second update.

#5 Note the result shown on your screen when the firmware update completes. It should read "Update Successful" but it might say "Update Failed". If it says "Update Failed" this means that you will need to redo the process.

If you are still experiencing issues with updating your firmware, we would recommend calling the number below where a representative will be happy to assist you.

Have a wonderful day!

1-877-727-4288 Monday-Friday: 7am-6pm MST

-Cricut Dani
 1 user thanked Cricut Dani for this useful post.
Dragonfly50 on 6/23/2013(UTC)
Dragonfly50 Offline
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2013 12:51:03 PM(UTC)
Dragonfly50

United States

Was thanked: 1221 time(s) in 728 post(s)
Cricut Dani~

Thank you for taking the time to help out by adding the written instructions.

This will come in handy for this AND the next person needing help.

We don't always have machine issues when customer service is open to call and seeing help on the MB instead of just being told to call customer service is a refreshing break from the norm of late.

Adding the customer service info at the end in case this didn't work for them was just the right touch.

Again Thank You!
D~
PAM.CROUCH5045a6775f Offline
#4 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 5:04:34 AM(UTC)
PAM.CROUCH5045a6775f

I just purchased the original. States it does not require a computer, but it appears to have an extra connection. can I connect if I want. Does it accept updates? If not to the computer want is the connection for?
scrapalette Offline
#5 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2013 6:53:15 AM(UTC)
scrapalette

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
United States

Was thanked: 18942 time(s) in 8455 post(s)
You do not need a computer to use your Cricut. Just plug in your cart and make your cut selections on the keypad and cut!

But, you can connect your Cricut to your computer and use the free Cricut Craft Room design program if you want. You'll need a standard USB cable like the one you connect a printer to your computer.

You can update the firmware of your Cricut original. Actually, if you connect to CCR, you will most likely be prompted to update when you press the cut icon in CCR.