Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

21 Pages«<1718192021>
grandmaJ Offline
#541 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:01:06 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 769 time(s) in 639 post(s)
Whew, glad to get on this morning and see things have settled down a bit here!!

That cake sounds hilarious!! My sister does cakes, I will have to tell her that one! Guess you could say I am gonna 'cakelift' it!! Speaking of cake, doesn't a piece of cake sound good for breakfast? yum-yum!

Any boxes due to be received today Lisa? Can't wait to see the rest!!
Fairydust0218 Offline
#542 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:19:53 AM(UTC)
Fairydust0218

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Aww man I have been wanting cake now thats all I think about until I get some Crying
Jewelsx19 Offline
#543 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:39:03 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
I'm sorry to get everyone wanting cake....lol

If you all were closer I have cupcakes...lots and lot and lots of cupcakes. I made cupcakes for my older two to take to school, plus I have a couple of orders of cupcakes for Halloween parties.

Its funny, I don't really like cake anymore...I guess making cakes all the time, and eating the scraps. I got sick of it. I LOVE cheesecake, but not regular cake.
scrappinchic Offline
#544 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 4:53:08 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
Cupcakes...yummy! JCI to see when more boxes are scheduled to arrive...I can't wait to see who gets the weiner box...LOL
BuginWI Offline
#545 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:13:59 AM(UTC)
BuginWI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
LOL LOL LOL I can't wait to see who gets the weiner box. BTW, I totally think the other monster looks like a hamburger with mutant sesame seeds.
RockinRobin1 Offline
#546 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:15:16 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1231 time(s) in 668 post(s)
Cake for breakfast...sounds good to me.

I like Red Velvet cake. We went to Cheesecake Factory in Louisville, KY this past weekend and I had a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake...YUM-ODrool
BuginWI Offline
#547 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:37:02 AM(UTC)
BuginWI

Was thanked: 13 time(s) in 13 post(s)
RockinRobin wrote:
Cake for breakfast...sounds good to me.

I like Red Velvet cake. We went to Cheesecake Factory in Louisville, KY this past weekend and I had a piece of Red Velvet Cheesecake...YUM-ODrool

I love the Cheesecake FactoryLove . It reminds me of home. Of course the one here in Milwaukee is nothing like the one in Marina Del Rey but I still pretend that I'm not in WI when I am there.
RockinRobin1 Offline
#548 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:40:44 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

BuginWI wrote:
I love the Cheesecake FactoryLove . It reminds me of home. Of course the one here in Milwaukee is nothing like the one in Marina Del Rey but I still pretend that I'm not in WI when I am there.

Well, I had to travel 3 hours to get there. DD goes to college in Louisville and last weekend was family weekend so after dinner it was either Graeter's Ice Cream or Cheesecake Factory. It was expensive, but worth every bite!

BTW, my home is New Orleans, Louisiana, and I hear they have one there now.

Edited by user Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:41:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

TiaraMoore Offline
#549 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:12:18 AM(UTC)
TiaraMoore

Was thanked: 32 time(s) in 28 post(s)
You ladies are HILARIOUS!!! I love that box! Well, I'm back with the pictures I promised from a LONG time ago! Like Lisa, I've had some camera woes. First, my really nice (i.e. expensive) camera I bought myself as a graduation gift five years ago, didn't survive the trip home from the beach this year. It must of happened during the travel home, but the screen has a crack in it and it won't turn on. That was all right though because I had a trusty backup - my waterproof camera (i.e. expensive too) that I absolutely LOVE because it takes awesome pictures in the water and is safe to take on the beach and on dolphin tours BigGrin . Until, my niece accidentally dropped it and it bounced and rolled and now doesn't turn on either. Very tragic! So I've been searching high and low to find a camera that is compatible with my mom's laptop so I could take pictures of my awesome box and goodies from Lisa! I finally found one, so without further ado, here are the pictures of my Beach themed box (LOVE it!) and goodies!
TiaraMoore attached the following image(s):
PA230483.JPG
PA230485.JPG
CoyoteKim Offline
#550 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:14:55 AM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
MMMM... cake, cheesecake- it all sounds good! I wil be making a cake later since I officially have a teenager as of today. YIKES!! Where does the time go?

Any boxes being delivered today? Can't wait to see more!
LuvinMySailor Offline
#551 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:37:15 AM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 66 post(s)
That is an amazing box Tiara.. I am as well anxious to see who receives the "weiner box"Love hee hee...

MMM Cherry CheeseCake is my FAVORITE!!! yummyDrool

Renee
BeccaFabozzi Offline
#552 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:39:27 AM(UTC)
BeccaFabozzi

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 41 post(s)
YYYIUUUMMMMM Cheesecake!!!!!!

Tiara - great goodies. Enjoy all those copics!!!!!!
Fairydust0218 Offline
#553 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:19:37 PM(UTC)
Fairydust0218

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Tiara, isnt it just so sad when the camara we love just dies on us!!! Sometimes I use that excuse with my hubby just to upgrade BigGrin

Love the box! and all your new copics!!!

By the way, I still want cake!!!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#554 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 1:56:51 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 253 post(s)
You girls are so funny! I made cupcakes the other day and let Caitlyn help icing, oh man that was super fun and messy! She had a blast though! We are making sugar cookies shaped like pumpkins and decorated tomorrow YAY, then a party on Saturday and Trick or Treating on Sunday. Can you all believe that a month from today is Thanksgiving? YIKES!

grandmaJ Offline
#555 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 7:02:12 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

I just happen to have some Cheesecake Factory Cheesecake in my fridge right now! Of course it isn't as good as being bought fresh right there, but it is better than none at all!! I think I'll have to have a piece for breakfast tomorrow! Anybody want to join me for some?
BeccaFabozzi Offline
#556 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:03:27 PM(UTC)
BeccaFabozzi

MMMMEEEEE, I LOVE cheesecake!!!
LuvinMySailor Offline
#557 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 8:40:18 PM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

OMG GrammaJ if you have some to spare for both Becca and I, I will be there as well... YUMMMMMMMY!
kittyshoes Offline
#558 Posted : Thursday, October 28, 2010 10:37:55 PM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Hello Everyone!
I wanted to take a minute to again thank everyone for celebrating Happy Mail with me.
I am so fortunate to have enjoyed a year of happy mail. I am so in awe of how wonderful and kind and supportive you are to your MB family. (Not to mention soooo stinkin funny!)

This thread has been a fun experiance... and I have to admit a big challenge as well! I set out to sprinkle a little happy in the mailboxes of 6 friends, today the last of 24 boxes shipped. I may not have hit the mark with your gifts, but know I spent time reading all of you MQ's and doing my best to fill your boxes with a little something to say Thanks!

I was thrilled to read so many of you looking to pass on this spirit of random kindness. I think that is wonderful. So if it is a smile to a stranger, a card to a friend, or a package to a fellow crafter, I hope we all can spread a little happy where we are able.

Now on to more box stuff:
11 boxes due to be delivered SATURDAY-MONDAY!

They are:

Fairy 1
Fairy 2
Bees
Butterflies
On the Farm
Flying Mail
Flying Mail 2
Monsters (aka the weiner box)
Peach Girl
Christmas Trees
Teddy Bear

Enjoy!
Lisa
 2 users thanked kittyshoes for this useful post.
ikkin21 on 11/1/2010(UTC), JenniferYoung8 on 11/1/2010(UTC)
grandmaJ Offline
#559 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 3:44:28 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

OMG Lisa! 24 boxes in all!!! You are truly an amazing person and one I am sure we are all proud to call our friend! Your kindness and generosity is over whelming. Thank you again (I can't thank you enough!) for all the goodies you sent me, they were all just perfect for me!

I can't wait to see the new boxes, they sound so interesting!! I bet the person at your po has been having fun looking at all these boxes when you mail them!!

Anyone who hasn't received a box yet...CHARGE UP THOSE BATTERIES AND STALK YOU MAIL CARRIER!!!!!
Jewelsx19 Offline
#560 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 4:58:09 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Lisa you are AMAZING! I cherish my little ladybug box! I think getting the box itself was more special then what was in it, the time and effort you put into that box to make it so darn cute!

You have inspired me to send out a couple little packages for Christmas!
justbugginout Offline
#561 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 5:55:42 AM(UTC)
justbugginout

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Lisa, you are just amazing....I cannot believe 24 boxes that is crazy!!!! You are a wonderful example of goodness and kind hearted, giving spirit that is so hard to find it seems today. I hope I can pass on just part of the generosity you have shown to us, we are all lucky to have "met" you and call you a friend. Smile
kittyshoes Offline
#562 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 5:59:03 AM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Crying awwwwww *sniff*Crying
HappyKimmie Offline
#563 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 6:28:11 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
good morning all.. I hope you have a wonderful weekend!

LISA YOU ROCK! wow... 24 boxs... wow.... you AMAZE ME... you have one BIG BIG heart! I have spent the last few days making thank you cards and get well cards with all the wonderful items you sent me.. I donate them to RONALD MCDONALDS HOME in utah.. for the familys that stay there that needs a card to say thank you to a nurse a doctor ect... and give someone a get well card with out having to leave the hosp to get one, this has been my home for years and let me tell you the smile on faces when they see cards to give out.. it puts such a smile on there faces..I must add that some of the happy mail sisters have sent me cards/journals for RMH..
GIVING IS WHAT LIFE IS ABOUT... doing good deeds... you are truely a amazing lady... kudos to you
not sure if you all know what the RONDALD MCDONALDS HOME IS.. it is a home away form home for familys with sick children that has had to travel for medical care,this home gives the family a comfortable place to stay while there child is in the hosp , they charge 15 dollars a night nice huh... its sorta like a hotel except for its a big big house with love.. it has a kitchen you can cook ... it has laundry rooms ect tv rooms... okay I think ya got the picture...lol. sorry for rambling lol..

Edited by user Friday, October 29, 2010 6:33:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#564 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 7:34:32 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

I too want to reiterate my thanks. People these days tend to forget to practice random acts of kindness or pay it forward. You truly have shown that spirit with this thread. All of us are truly grateful that you gave to us on your anniversary.BigGrin

Kimmie, the nearest Ronald McDonald Home is in Evansville, IN (1.5 hrs south of me) but I may just pay them a visit to see if there is anyway I can help do what you do for yours.

HappyKimmie Offline
#565 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 7:59:34 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
[quote=RockinRobin]I too want to reiterate my thanks. People these days tend to forget to practice random acts of kindness or pay it forward. You truly have shown that spirit with this thread. All of us are truly grateful that you gave to us on your anniversary.BigGrin

Kimmie, the nearest Ronald McDonald Home is in Evansville, IN (1.5 hrs south of me) but I may just pay them a visit to see if there is anyway I can help do what you do for yours.

[/quote
yeah mine is almost 4 hrs form me... that would be awesome..ask them if they need journals for the rooms they are always in need for thos.. too... the journals in the rooms is for the familys to express what they are going thew and to give thanks... and it also gives some strength to other familys when they read what other familys went thew..BigGrin
BeccaFabozzi Offline
#566 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 8:20:26 AM(UTC)
BeccaFabozzi

WOW Lisa - I cannot believe your generous spirit. I am SO grateful for the box and goodies I received. Thank you again so much. You are so generous to share your talent with us, I am forever grateful. I am so glad to have a friend like you, I will have to drive out to AZ to give you a big old HUG!!!!

Kimmi - what you do for Ronald McDonald house is amazing. I am sure that they appreciate it to no end. You ladies are all amazing, I am forever grateful for this board and each of you!!!
Jewelsx19 Offline
#567 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 8:48:54 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Kimmie...nice idea, although I might do something a little different. I have two children who spent a fair amount of time in our Childrens Hospital at the NICU (I have a 31 weeker and a 33 weeker). So I think I am going to make up Christmas cards for the parents of the babies who will have to spend Christmas in the NICU. Thats one of the hardest things ever...Hailey spent her 1st Christmas last year in the NICU, she was born december 19th at 33 weeks 1day. Christmas morning after my kids opened their gifts I headed to the NICU to spend a few hours with my baby girl, what a boost it was to find a adorable stocking, some ornaments, a handmade blanket and the cutest photo ever from the NICU nurses....they dressed her in Build a bear clothes, and took photos of her. They went as far as putting her IV's on a temp lock, so they could get a photo without any wires Wub It was just perfect!

I am going to have to go find my photo and post it now...
Jewelsx19 Offline
#568 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 8:52:22 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Ok here is photos from Haileys 1st Christmas...the stocking her nurse left her, the cute hat one of the past NICU moms left and the photo of her dressed as Mrs. Clause that the nurses took and left for me

Jewelsx19 attached the following image(s):
1.bmp
untitled2.bmp
untitled3.bmp
RockinRobin1 Offline
#569 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:01:30 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

United States

OMG Julie, I have tears in my eyes.Crying What a wonderful thing they did for you. She is such a cutie. All your children are beautiful.
LuvinMySailor Offline
#570 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:04:46 AM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

OMG Julie that is so Precious.. I just love it.. did you take the clothes and make a Build a Bear for her?? That is something you could do (if you already haven't) and save it for her and give to her on her Wedding day.. Oh how special that would be..

Lisa------ Thank you for EVERYTHING you have done. You're an amazing person. I as well may have to make a special trip to AZ..I do have family in Cali and NM. and you know what is in-between them states? Yep you guessed it AZ... ha ha ha ha... 24 boxes in all... WOW! Thank you for your generosity. I bought some toys for the local Toys for tot's. It is something the kids and I do every year. That is my time to give back to the community..

Hope everyone has a safe Trick or Treating weekend. I have to work tomorrow night.. SO I will be taking the kids out on Sunday.

Renee