Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

21 Pages«<18192021>
HappyKimmie Offline
#571 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:11:24 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 17 time(s) in 16 post(s)
oh what a doll.. she is so sweet!
we got blankets for christmas.. and little snowmen hanging on the bed for my little man in nicu.. how cool..
that is such a neat idea...I sure think they could use cute things to hang by there crib...I think I still have most of our fist year items form nicu in our baby book...wow..its been awhile since ive looked thew that book... IDEAS FLASHING LOL. TFS
Jewelsx19 Offline
#572 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:15:29 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
We didn't get to keep the outfit, they had both Mrs. Clause and a Santa outfit. From what I understood...it was one of the nurses who went and bought the outfits, one who took all the photos and one who had them printed. The photo is framed on my wall (it was a 8x10). Its the little things like that that make holidays in the NICU barable.

She was soooo tiny, just over 4 lbs....its amazing what a difference there is now. She was so tiny preemie clothes were to big, and now she is a crawling, standing, babbling bundle of joy. Although she is still very tiny (15 lbs at almost a year) she is hitting all her milestones and is right on track :)
scrappinchic Offline
#573 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:18:27 AM(UTC)
scrappinchic

Was thanked: 474 time(s) in 412 post(s)
How sweet...that was super sweet of the nurse's to do that for those little babies....your DD is cute a cutie!

Its nice to reach out and touch other through the holiday....we take up money and help several families in our community for Christmas....and we have also helped with Operation Christmas boxes....that was alot of fun! I think its awesome what each of you do to reach out to others through the holidays!
CoyoteKim Offline
#574 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:36:18 AM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
That's so sweet Julie! Hailey is adorable!
I know how blessed I have been in life and I want my children to know how blessed they are too. Right now we are working on Cristmas cards to send to our soldiers overseas. It's headed up by our local Girl Scout council. We also work with our community chest to sort food for boxes and collect toys for the less fortunate in our town. This is done the weekend before Thanksgiving- It's great because the families get a large box of canned goods, rice, baby food, etc and they also get a big frozen turkey, bread and other yummies. And they get to pick out a toy or two for their kids.

Every little bit counts!

Thank you again Lisa! I will keep spreading the joy!BigGrin
LuvinMySailor Offline
#575 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 9:52:08 AM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

Was thanked: 70 time(s) in 66 post(s)
Thank you Kim... on behalf of my Sailor....I remember him telling me when he was in Qutar..somewhere over there, After our son was born he got a package and some goodies. It does make a difference to the Sailors, Soldiers, Marines, and Airman, that serve our Country... I loved being able to send packages for them..

Once a month when Kevin was over seas the ladies of the squadron would get together and we would make one BIG trip to Cosco and get them all sorts of goodies..

Thanks for sending to our trooops... Keep it up!

Renee
HappyKimmie Offline
#576 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 10:02:52 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

I knew my happy mail sisters had big hearts... you are all awesome...
thanks jewels... now I HAD TO go look at that book... Crying here is a pictue of two of the items I CAN pull out of ds book that the nicu nurses made for our son.. he spent the fist year of his life in the hosp so we have a huge book of this stuff but its all taped down... IT DID make things seem a little lighter.. good idea..

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 7:38:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

RockinRobin1 Offline
#577 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 11:28:04 AM(UTC)
RockinRobin1

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
United States

Was thanked: 1235 time(s) in 671 post(s)
You girls are killing me emotionally, my Boss is going to wonder why I have wet eyes.Crying I was blessed with three healthy children, but I can only imagine what you ladies went through especially since you couldn't bring your babies home right away. Thank God they are all growing up nicely.

For Christmas every year, DH and I pick names from a local giving tree and buy for these children. We usually buy necessities they request/need and a toy or two. Our local Walmart has the tree and we pick about 3-4 names. Besides, my children get everything they need all year round, so we feel it our Christian duty to give back to the community. The ladies group I belong to also raises money to shop for gifts for local children.

justbugginout Offline
#578 Posted : Friday, October 29, 2010 1:40:12 PM(UTC)
justbugginout

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
[quote=HappyKimmie]I knew my happy mail sisters had big hearts... you are all awesome...
thanks jewels... now I HAD TO go look at that book... Crying here is a pictue of two of the items I CAN pull out of ds book that the nicu nurses made for our son.. he spent the fist year of his life in the hosp so we have a huge book of this stuff but its all taped down... IT DID make things seem a little lighter.. good idea..I never thought about my local hosp... thank youquote]

wow a whole year, that had to be very tough.... I have some really good friends who have a 4 month old fresh out of Riley Hospital, they used the Ronald McDonald house while they were there for about 3 weeks (he has downs syndrome and had a major open heart surgery) and we are having a big benefit for them in two weeks to help with hospital bills and we are also doing some pay-it-forward stuff to send to Riley on their behalf. It's pretty awesome.

My first son was in the NICU for his first week and we stayed in the Ronald McDonald house then, it is such a great thing for parents. We used to do alot but gradually stopped as that was over 8 years ago but they are such a worthy group to donate to and it is much appreciated by the parents who need to used their services.
Fairydust0218 Offline
#579 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 6:53:03 PM(UTC)
Fairydust0218

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Aww I was off the board most of the day yesterday (kids fall carnival) and come back to all these sweet stories. I could only imagine going through what you ladies have Crying . I to believe giving back when ever you can. You never know what your RAK can bring to the heart of someone else.

So I would like to say Im sorry for the boards being shut down, since I am part of the reasonCursing . They let us (the cricut circle) download the new gypsy update, which gave us 6 free carts. But I guess there were so many of us or something and it shut the server downAngry .

Ok on to more exciting news.... I WAS BLESSED ENOUGH TO RECEIVE A FAIRY BOX FROM THE WONDERFUL MS KITTYSHOES!!!

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!!!!!!

I will upload pics here in a minute!

Fairydust0218 Offline
#580 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 7:06:14 PM(UTC)
Fairydust0218

Was thanked: 31 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Here they go! Lisa you really took the time to find exactly the items I would love. Again, Thank you so much!
File Attachment(s):
100_1335.JPG (1,680kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
100_1337.JPG (1,504kb) downloaded 20 time(s).
kittyshoes Offline
#581 Posted : Saturday, October 30, 2010 10:55:20 PM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Lisa, I am sooo glad you liked your goodies!

I was reading over the last few pages. *Sniff* You ladies are so strong and brave and loving and giving. WOW

Lisa
 1 user thanked kittyshoes for this useful post.
JenniferYoung8 on 11/1/2010(UTC)
LuvinMySailor Offline
#582 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:50:56 AM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

I GOT A BOX................... Thank YOU Lisa.. I just came home from work and in my mail box was a BEAUTIFUL Farm Box from Lisa with the new Country Life cartridge inside... TY TY TY. I will take a picture in the morning. Right now its nearly 1am and I need to get to sleep..

Thank you again Lisa

Renee
Heart2hand Offline
#583 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 3:54:26 AM(UTC)
Heart2hand

Was thanked: 545 time(s) in 456 post(s)
Hello ladies...

OMG...those stories you all posted...tears are flying...snif snif...Love hearing/reading them. It makes us appreicate everyday life just a wee bit more than we did. For those that struggle and for those that protect us...they are why we are FREE....remember...FREEDOM isn't FREE to everyone.

Lisa...you have sent an important message to each of us in this WONDERFUL RAK you have done. Thank you soo much for being a great inspiration to us all. GOd bless you! I totally appreciate everything you have done....I enjoyed seeing other get the great boxes...

HUGS
rhonda
Ansleighh Offline
#584 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:59:11 AM(UTC)
Ansleighh

Was thanked: 71 time(s) in 65 post(s)
OMGOSH!!!! LISA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ansley is shaking her finger and saying....(You did not follow directions) and sent me a box anyway!

Thank you soooooooo much!! You are just the kindest person!!!!!! Ladies, She sent DD the cutest hat , It has EARS and it's fuzzy!!!! She also sent me the cutest iron on pattern! LOVE it!! and the prettiest Prima Flowers that I can use for a brooch... EEK!! soooo pretty!

I have enjoyed this thread so much over the month. Lisa, you continue to spread joy and happiness! I am honored to have received two boxes that I have on display proudly in my craft studio!

I will be back and post pics of DD in the hat! and of course the pics of the precious box!!

Many Blessings to you!
Ansley
grandmaJ Offline
#585 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 6:39:05 AM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 646 post(s)
OMG, what a loving and caring group this is!! I have been sitting here reading these posts and my eyes are fighting back tears! I agree with Rhonda, from the tiniest ones fighting for their lives, to the brave who are away from home protecting our freedom, my heart goes out to all of them. I have sent Happy cards and journals for her RM House and it is a great feeling to send them knowing others will appreciate them at a time when they need them.

Speaking of Happy, you changed your avatar again!! You are just full of surprises!

And boxes....WOW...Lisa you got a cutie and so much fun stuff in it! And Renee...can't wait to see yours, but the cartridge...WOW! Ansley, can't wait to see the hat on your dd, as well as the other stuff! Enjoy it all ladies!!!!
HappyKimmie Offline
#586 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 7:22:55 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

good morning... hope you have a great week...
yep I just cant keep my avator the same lol.. its a moody thing lol.. just if you see a scarry freaky one then you should worrie Im not okay ...lol..
DaniIsMimisMommy Offline
#587 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 11:59:18 AM(UTC)
DaniIsMimisMommy

Was thanked: 15 time(s) in 15 post(s)
I got the weenie box!!! And it is absolutely adorable!!

Lisa you are such an amazing person and I have been inspired to spread a little more joy this year! It has been truly inspiring to read all of your stories and ideas for random acts of kindness. This RAK was one of the nicest things I have ever seen done.

I absolutely love everything in my box and of course the box itself! I'm going to close it back up and display it! The TH On the edge die is awesome!! The embossing folders, the charms, the COPICS!!! Oh my gosh my first copics!!! The stickles, journal and the really neat charms! I love them all and I thank you from the bottom of my heart!

Here are some pics!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53584281@N04/5132717854/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/53584281@N04/5132114161/in/photostream/

Edited by user Sunday, October 31, 2010 12:00:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

BeccaFabozzi Offline
#588 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 1:07:32 PM(UTC)
BeccaFabozzi

Was thanked: 92 time(s) in 41 post(s)
GREAT goodies.
Lisa, you are again, so super generous!!!!! What a great RAK you did this month, I am forever grateful and inspired!!!!!
justbugginout Offline
#589 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 4:44:26 PM(UTC)
justbugginout

Was thanked: 29 time(s) in 26 post(s)
wow wow wow.....awesome awesome boxes again ladies <and lisa> such great goodies...

let me know how you like that country life cart, i'm debating on that one BigGrin
grandmaJ Offline
#590 Posted : Sunday, October 31, 2010 5:00:20 PM(UTC)
grandmaJ

Was thanked: 776 time(s) in 646 post(s)
THE WEINIE BOX!!! How cute it is!! Great stuff inside too! Enjoy it all!!

We have had 23 trick or treaters tonight, all but 8 are related or daycare kids. Halloween just isn't as fun as it used to be in my neighborhood. So sad!! One hour to go but I doubt we see too many more.
kittyshoes Offline
#591 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 6:08:46 AM(UTC)
kittyshoes

Was thanked: 43 time(s) in 24 post(s)
Good Morning!!
Looks like all the boxes have made it to their new homes!
(Except Christmas Trees which is awaiting pick up at_____________________'s PO...)
Have a great day!
Lisa
 1 user thanked kittyshoes for this useful post.
JenniferYoung8 on 11/1/2010(UTC)
Jewelsx19 Offline
#592 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 6:14:58 AM(UTC)
Jewelsx19

Was thanked: 89 time(s) in 76 post(s)
Halloween was a blast...I ended up with three costumes for Miss Hailey, I had bought her a ladybug costume WAY back, then Saturday I had found this adorable Candy Corn Witch costume for like $6 on clearance! So I grabbed that...then Sunday morning we were out getting more candy, and I found a cute Fairy costume for $5 something, so I grabbed that to!

Lol, then I couldn't figure out which to use! I went with the candy corn witch, and I had SOOOOO many people stop to comment how cute she was, and a few ask to take photos (which was a NO!) I am keeping the Fairy Costume for photos, and I am going to use the tights from the ladybug costume for her birthday. At least its all getting used in some way right? lol

We had way to many kids this year, I went through 4 bags of candy and 2 large boxes of chips, I had to turn the lights off and close up with a sign that said OUT OF CANDY.

Anyways, here are pics of all the kids costumes:

My oldest, as a Storm Trooper or something like that:

My middle son as Woody, this costume was mostly home made, I bought the belt and hat from the Disney store. But dyed a old shirt and drew the lines on it, bought the badge and scarf at a dollar store and made the vest.
My youngest son was Buzz, he was a little upset...he thought once he put the wings on he would be able to fly lol

Hailey's Ladybug costume I bought a while back:

The Fairy Costume that will be used for First Birthday photos:

And the Candy Corn Witch that she used:

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 6:33:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

HappyKimmie Offline
#593 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 6:20:10 AM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

GOOD MORNING...
OMG.. JEWELS.. I love the pictues of you kids.. ADOREABLE...

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 7:40:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ikkin21 Offline
#594 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 7:15:42 AM(UTC)
ikkin21

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I got a box!!! I got it on Saturday. I haven't been able to get on the board all weekend so I had to wait to post until now.

How do I open it? I don't want to ruin it, so I haven't been able to see what is inside it. I didn't even think to open it until about an hour after staring at it, one of my kids asked what was in it. And that is where my dilemma showed itself.

I'll post pics when I can figure out how to open it. Anyone have any suggestions? I've cut all the tape, but nothing is opening. Please help!

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!!!

Super excited to see what is inside, but love the box as is too.

Nikki
LuvinMySailor Offline
#595 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 8:25:44 AM(UTC)
LuvinMySailor

United States

Hey Nikki, Take a Knife to the flap on the side of the box.. WORKS like a charm.. it's pretty sticky though so you kinda have to work at it...

Well here is the box that I received I been so busy this weekend, I can finally sit down and take a break.

here is the photos. THANKS again LISA Drool
File Attachment(s):
006.JPG (1,425kb) downloaded 21 time(s).
CoyoteKim Offline
#596 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 9:01:17 AM(UTC)
CoyoteKim

Was thanked: 121 time(s) in 111 post(s)
Good Morning!
Great boxes- I love all of them. So jealous every time I see one because I want to draw like that! People would be sending my boxes back!!LOL

Cute pics Julie! Wish I could have sent my candy up to you. I think we had maybe 20 kids last night- I have a HUGE bowl left over. Thinking about taking it to the dentist who will pay per pound and sends all of the candy to our troops overseas.

We had a great Halloween! My girls and I did a 5K Mud Run. So much fun! I think I still have mud in places I don't want to know about! My 13 YO won 1st place for her age division and 28th place overall out of 2300 people. She amazes me everyday with her running! I look like a clydesdale out there!! She got a huge gold medal dog tag (military themed run) and a Gift Certificate from the sponsor. I wasn't expecting anything like that! And my 9 YO was interviewed on the news! They had a blast out there.
Lots of great military personnel volunteers and part of the proceeds goes to Operation Gratitude- they send personally addressed care packages to soldiers overseas. Great day for everyone!BigGrin
ikkin21 Offline
#597 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 3:39:31 PM(UTC)
ikkin21

Was thanked: 1 time(s) in 1 post(s)
I've been working at getting my box open all morning, and finally did it. I found one that i had in hiding for sending stuff out and figured where I could cut that would open it and not ruin it. So here's the pics I took. OMG! The goodies in this box were amazing! TY TY TY TY TY TY TY TY

I sooo wish I could draw half this good.

Edited by user Monday, November 01, 2010 3:42:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

ikkin21 attached the following image(s):
IMG_4808.JPG
IMG_4809.JPG
IMG_4806.JPG
IMG_4811.JPG
HappyKimmie Offline
#598 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 7:41:08 PM(UTC)
HappyKimmie

CUTE CUTE BOX...
I STILL THINK MINE WAS THE BEST! LOL.. NAANANANANA...;)
JenniferYoung8 Offline
#599 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:49:34 PM(UTC)
JenniferYoung8

Was thanked: 20 time(s) in 20 post(s)
OMG OMG OMG!!! THANKS SOOOO MUCH LISA!!!

I was the lucky winner of a whole bunch of goodies! I've been down and out for about a week now- just not feeling well... thiking it may be pneumonia or bronchitis... BUT- I opened my mailbox today and was SHOCKED! I thought for sure I wouldn't get one!

I have a beautiful box STUFFED with goodies! I'll try to post pics in the next day or two. I'm missing my craft room, and it sure will like its new little friends that joined us today! :)

THANKS AGAIN LISA!!!
Caitlynsmommy Offline
#600 Posted : Monday, November 01, 2010 10:54:05 PM(UTC)
Caitlynsmommy

Was thanked: 339 time(s) in 253 post(s)
Julie ADORABLE kiddos! I hope everyone had a great Halloween! That mud run sounds awesome!

Lisa your talent is still amazing! How sweet of you to do 24 boxes WOW!!!!!!!