Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

tesshalcomb1a369ac0 Offline
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 9:35:09 AM(UTC)
tesshalcomb1a369ac0

Groups: Registered

I have cut exactly 13 letters, 13 circles and 6 flowers with my Cricut Mini. The mat lost its stickiness after the letters were cut, causing the machine to push the mat off center and thereby bending its edges. In the quest to cut the circles and flowers I have wasted several sheets of paper and lots of time re-doing cuts that did not come through correctly the first time due to lost stickiness. My pressures and depths are accurate for the paper I am cutting and my mat is free of lint. I was thrilled with the first letter cuts, thinking about how quickly all my craft projects will go now that I'm not hand-cutting embellishments, but how soon those dreams were dashed. Is this just the way it's going to be with this machine?
sewnmachine Offline
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 1:06:54 PM(UTC)
sewnmachine

Was thanked: 351 time(s) in 235 post(s)
No. The Mini is awesome. The mats are your problem. When my mats lose their stickiness I restick them using a dilution of Aleene's Tack it Over and Over repositional glue. The are many you tube videos on how to re-stick your mat. But when I'm in a hurry I will usually just give a very light quick spray of a repositional adhesive to the back of my paper and then lay it down on the mat. Works very well.
MaryStillman Offline
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2013 4:42:34 PM(UTC)
MaryStillman

Was thanked: 1248 time(s) in 791 post(s)
Your mat lost its stickiness really fast! Try running it under hot water and scraping off the lint and then let it dry. It may regain some sticky.

I also use Aileens Tack It Over and Over (not the tacky glue, which dries and does not stay tacky).

Mary