Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<1112131415>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#361 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 1:40:20 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1285 time(s) in 1000 post(s)
Wow I didn't have to put a code inBigGrin

The reason why Alex asked for a Keurig is because when I give him money the parents tell him he has to put it in a savings account!! so he feels like he isn't getting anything for his Birthday.

Going to Costco after our Bowling luncheon on Wed. (last day) I will pick him up a case of coffee which should last him a long time. I am surprised his parents allow him to drink coffee going on 15 but they have allowed him the last 2 yrs.

joyfullycrafting Offline
#362 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 4:03:13 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Hi all.

Nancy, we are leaving early Friday morning to drive to Vancouver BC and the ship leaves Saturday. We like to get on early and start our cruise as soon as we can!!! Well, really, what I mean is start eating beginning with lunch. Flapper I just can't wrap my head around packing. It is in the 90's here and will be in the high 50's to mid 60's in Alaska. I bought new wool socks at Costco today to pack.

JeanneLee, you might consider just a tablet instead of a Kindle. That is what I want. Then, I can read on the Nook app AND the Kindle app. And a bit more flexibility. I would really like a Samsung Note, but DH is on a credit union board, and I think they will be getting ipads, so then I will inherit his tablet which is a Samsung Galaxy Tab. His is a 10 inch tablet.

I got my Cricut shirt made! I think it turned out kind of cute. I will be wearing it on Friday, I think!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sandra, glad you had fun tubing! My kids used to love tubing. I prefered to sit on the bank and watch. One time Megan had Nick in the tube with her. Megan fell out and DH kept going with just Nick, so Kate could take pictures. He left Megan stranded in the middle of the lake!

Shelly, I will keep in contact with the girls. At least by text, since they will be working when we are in port. And my parents. My dad LOVES it when we call him.

I have been making wedding cards and wrapping gifts this afternoon. We will miss three weddings while we are gone. And we will miss Megan's birthday, but I got her gift wrapped, too.

1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 8/28/2013(UTC)
BingoLady Offline
#363 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:16:11 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 665 post(s)
Jennelee, take care ,it is very hard for some of us to lose weight,I have
been going for a walk everyday for the past 3 months,and have been staying away
from certain foods. It has been helping me. Take care

Iv2sscrap, I go to bingo on Mondays and Thrusdays, It is 20% off for us old
kiddos. It is something that me and my hubby enjoy doing. And we play Poker
on Fridays with family.We justgot back from Las Vegas, we went to help my
Sister in Law celebrate her 60th Bday. I hadn't had a nice trip in a long time.
I really enjoyed myself.

To all of you a big hello, and Gods blessingsLove
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#364 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 5:57:19 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 271 post(s)
I am hoping I can get things done to leave. Didn't think I had much to do and would have a few days to do it. My DD and GS stayed overnight because she was too tired and was supposed to color my hair Monday and didn't get it done. So I sat up with the baby all night so she could get a good nights sleep. Did get my hair done finally today. Baby didn't want to cooperate so we could do it. Then my other DD and her two kids came over. Needless to say, I have NOTHING packed or done yet! All I did was rock babies and chase a 2 year old today. So I told everyone when they left, goodbye and I would see them on the 15th. Hopefully they will get the hint and stay home tomorrow so I can get things done.

Joy - It is my son's birthday and my dad's birthday while I am gone. They are both awful to buy for. I'm sure I can find something for my dad in Alaska, but I don't know what to get my son. He won't tell us anything! If he would, I would leave something for him, but now he will have to wait.

JeanneLee - I have a kindle and I got a tablet for Xmas last year. I use my table a lot because it can do so much more. I do like my tablet for reading though, if it is outside. It is really good for reading in bright sunlight. The rest of the time I think I use my tablet more.

Lydia - Have fun at Bingo.

Nancy - I'm sure Alex will love his present!

Don't know if I will be back on here before I go, but take care everyone. Talk to you when we get back.
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
SandraB. Offline
#365 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:35:11 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 245 post(s)
DH & I just got back in from our evening walk, it's a lovely night tonite. When I logged into the site I noticed the flash sale so was able to get the 3 new carts for just a bit more than I would pay for 1 at M's!

Shelly: hope your gs does ok with his new casts. Enjoy your trip

Joy: hope you are already to go on your cruise, have fun

Nancy: I'm sure Alex will love his machine

JeanneLee: I guess I'm a little different...I have the Kobo and love it. DH and I each have one. Good luck with your weight loss

Lydia: congrats with your weight loss. Hope you do well at bingo.

Mom's dr.s appt went well, it was just a pre-op medical. Tomorrow it's back to school, not that I want to go but the bank account says I mustLOL! Then we have a hockey game tomorrow nite.

Bye for now, take care everyone

1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
DebbieScraps Offline
#366 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2013 7:38:32 PM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone, things have been really hectic lately, can't believe it is only just over two weeks until the wedding. We had the kitchen tea/hens night on Saturday and that really went off well, lots of fun BigGrin Finally got the menus and placecards completed, another big task got crossed off the to do list which was a relief. For the seating plan DD has a big framed board which she has painted in the wedding colours and there is a photograph of every guest put into a polaroid type frame with their table number written on it. We have also decorated the board with hearts etc, I must say I think it looks really good. I think that most people will enjoy seeing which photo of them has been used (nobody knows about it yet), she was able to get photo's either from those she had taken in the past or from facebook. It is just something different. We did big posterboards of photo's for DD's 21st and they were a big hit with the guests. I am really looking forward to seeing everything put together on the day Love
AlyaMama Offline
#367 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 2:18:39 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Debbie Wow 2 weeks until the wedding, I bet everyone is getting so excited. I love anything that involves photos. Have fun, it'll go by so fast.

Sandra, sorry your summer is ending. My kids went back to school today, not a tear shed by me. I was glad to see them go. They were driving me crazy, noew I just have Layla driving me crazy. At least she'll take a nap today.

Shelly I hope your family takes the hint and you can get your stuff done. Don't answer the door.BigGrin

Joy enjoy your cruise, I'm so jealous, I want to go on a cruise, but Jamal dosen't want to. Maybwe someday I'll go on one.

Nancy that's a nice gift. Even if he saves it until he gets older. Too bad his parents don't let him spend a little of his birthday money.

Jeanne Good luck organizing your craft room. What kiind of drawer are you putting your books and overlays in? I know strange question, but I'm looking for a drawer system to put mine in.

Well, I sent the kids to school today. I was ready for the first day of school. Now I'm trying to clean up the house. Hurricane Layla isn't helping much. Her new thing is to put underwear on her head. So now I make sure the dirty clothes baskets are up off the floor. Yes, she has put dirty underwear on her head before. Grosses me out.

1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
JeanneLee Offline
#368 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:37:04 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Thanks for the tips on the kindle/tablet...need to research more before Christmas!

Angie
, its a dresser drawer that I am storing my booklets and overlays in. My in-laws got this older dresser and painted it to look shabby chic..I will try and remember to take a photo and post here when I am done.

Debbie
, enjoy these two weeks, they will fly! Look forward to photos!

Joy and Shelly
, you both heading to Alaska? Have a wonderful trip you two!

Sandra, glad to hear the doctor visit went okay...when does your mom have surgery?
Enjoy your new carts from the Flash sale! Its cool to get such a great deal.

Lydia, thanks for the encouragement! We have a treadmill that I need to get back to once it starts getting to cold to walk...I seemed to drop weight faster using it last winter. Maybe due to the incline and being able to walk faster?

Nancy
, funny, I didn't like the smell of coffee growing up. I didn't start drinking coffee till I was in my late thirties. I only like hazelnut and drink just one cuppa/day.
I bet Alex will enjoy having his own Kreuig!

Heard from our Marine. He picked up another guys 24 hr duty for him last weekend, because he was still inebriated from the night-on-the-town. He said, "This just goes to show how much irresponsible alcohol intake really effects other people, whether you know it or not." thought that was pretty insightful from a 19yo.

I have to put the security code in twice every time...says it doesn't recognize the text the first time. Glare

joyfullycrafting Offline
#369 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 11:44:02 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Afternoon.

I ALWAYS enjoyed back-to-school!!!! Just not shopping for school supplies. I always DREADED that aspect of it.

Angie, enjoy your almost quiet time. We don't have small children to get into the laundery basket - we have Lincoln. What that little dog comes up with!

Sandra, you stay SO busy! You exhaust me just reading about your days. Laugh

Debbie, glad wedding plans are going well. Those two weeks will just fly by! Your wedding sounds a bit more formal then either of our two. At the wedding and reception both, we told them to sit where they wanted! Not on a certain side or at a certain table. Both were buffet, and the guests went directly to get in line after the cermony.

I don't think I started really drinking coffee until my late 20's. I don't remember drinking it before my girls were born.

JeanneLee, I have a permanent ugly spot on my arm due to a drunk driving accident my family was involved in when I was in the second grade. A drunk driver hit the car in front of us, then swung around and hit us, and my arm was injured.

And, yes, Shelly and I are both cruising to Alaska. LOL I FINALLY started packing. Our bedroom looks like the closet exploded, trying to figure out what to take and what I need to hang back up.
JeanneLee on 8/29/2013(UTC)
Shelly Offline
#370 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 1:36:05 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 271 post(s)
Joy - Did your dad get his sheep? The cruise is getting close now! I'm with you. Loved back to school time, but not shopping for school supplies and clothes!

Angie - Enjoy the time with just you little one home! But they do grow up fast and then you will wonder where the time went.

Debbie - Sounds like you have some great things planned for your wedding. Good luck with all the preparations. You will have to post some pics after it is all over and you have recovered.

Sandra - Sorry you had to go back to work, but a paycheck will be nice again. Have fun! Hope it is a good school year.

JeanneLee - Sounds like you have done a great job on raising your Marine!

Well I just need to finish up some laundry and then pack. I think I have things put to one side of my closet that I am going to pack. Just need to get it all together and then put some of it back. I always overpack! But at least we are driving to the boat this time instead of flying, so it won't matter as much.

1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#371 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 4:55:45 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy... Yes I also was wondering if your Dad came home with a sheep??? Glad you started packing for the Cruise. Who is dog sitting ??

Sandra..Hope Mom's operation goes well. it seems the Summer flew by although here on L.I. we didn't have much of a summer at all with this crazy weather... Did you go teacher shopping???

Debbie.. I can't believe your DD wedding is in 2 weeks. Boy did that fly by. You must be getting excited... That sounds like a nice idea having everyone photo on display to find their table. Good idea.

Shelly.. to bad you and Joy couldn't meet up ion Alaska that would have been nice. it is a good thing you hinted to your kids to stay away otherwise you would never get anything done. You probably really could use this vacation.

Jeanne.. there is so much drinking going on whether it is the Marine's or the Navy.. nice of your son to take over the weekend shift

Angie... 3 kids back to school and Layla will make up for them. Seems like she keeps you on your toes.

Lydia... that is pretty nice you get a 20% discount. I use to love to go to Bingo with my mom. some gals would have a whole table of cards.

Well went bowling today after 2 weeks I bowled so good Almost had a 200 game blew it in the end I was so tired. This vertigo really did a number on me.

Then went to Costco and bought some really good food

My Blender came today I can't wait to try it in the morning. It makes ice cream and hot soups.

Then there were 2 more boxes of CTMH. My DH said it is like Christmas every day for me.
BigGrin

Tomorrow my little one is coming hoping for a nice day to walk. she loves walking surprising she is very good walking all around the house she knows now what she can and cannot touch.

I hated school shopping so glad I don't have to deal with that. Although taking Hannah shopping for her Birthday in July she was shopping for her school clothes. She is pretty good.

We are celebrating Alex's birthday on Friday guess what kind of cake he wants Yep a cannoli cake this time I will take a photo of the inside to give you an idea how delish it is

Well have a good evening/dayBigGrin

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#372 Posted : Wednesday, August 28, 2013 6:29:51 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, I can't wait to see a pic of your Cannoli cake! It may be in the middle of the cruise, but I am sure I will drool over it. Flapper And great job on your bowling! I am lucky to break 50.

Yes, my dad got his sheep. He is SO EXCITED he can't stand it. And I say it again and again - I am SO GLAD that DH does not hunt.

I took some stuff out of my suitcase! And I am with Shelly. I always overpack, but since we are not flying, I can pack to my heart's content, well almost anyway. We were going to take my dad's pickup, but they didn't do it any good out in the hills, so we decided to take two cars, but when DH called the hotel, they were out of parking spaces for an extra car, so now we are back to driving his pickup. I hope we make it!

Megan and Brandon will take care of the dogs. Since one of them is hers anyway!!! He is just used to living at our house.

Did I tell you DH's shoulder surgery got cancelled for now. Workman's Comp is not on the top of my favorite's list right now.Mad
lv2scrap02 Offline
#373 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:10:31 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy I think that is a womens thing to always over pack, When we traveled I use to pack all week then the night before go thru everything and take stuff out.

I am sure on the Cruise they have lots of desserts maybe you can see if they have Italian pastries and cakes.

Then don't ever ever take the elevator we use to always use the stairs our biggest ship was I think 14 levels always walked never gained weight on the cruise.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#374 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 12:12:06 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

When we were at Costco yesterday we bumped into an old friend.. and now he and his wife are coming over Sat. night. Funny how life gets in the way you lose contact with friends..

joyfullycrafting Offline
#375 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 4:17:02 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, how nice to make connections with an old friend!

And yes, we generally take the stairs. And we try and walk laps around the ship as well.

We ended up going to Costco AGAIN today, and did a few other errands. Like try and get my phone figured out. Did I tell you they gave me a new one? The old one kept dropping calls and kept having me live in Central Time! I live in Mountain Time.

Kind of mostly packed. Flapper
SandraB. Offline
#376 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2013 7:40:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, 2 days of work done, the kids don't arrive until Tues. So it's just been meetings and preparing for the kid's arrival.

JeanneLee: mom's first surgery is Sept. 16th and her second is Nov. 9th. Glad you heard from your marine

Debbie: the wedding is coming quick now. The seating picture poster sounds great.

Shelly: good luck with your packing

Joy: glad you got some of your packing done and your phone looked after

Nancy: good bowling. Hope Alex enjoys his birthday

Angie: hope your kids have a good school year. Enjoy your time with Layla

Better run, take care everyone
JeanneLee on 8/30/2013(UTC)
PedalPower! Offline
#377 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 5:20:26 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
Good morning everyone! Happy Friday to you....my son is off school today and Monday. I was *so* looking forward to sleeping in, but my DS was up at 6:30am. LOL So much for that!

It's super hot here right now...just miserable, so we'll be inside much of the day. We are going to Joann's today to get some beads. My friends and I are getting together next week for working on more necklaces, so I am going with coupon in hand to stock up so I'm prepared. I already know I'm making a royal blue necklace. That's our high school color and it will be nice to have something to wear to football games and such. I'm also making something brown and olive green. I'm so looking forward to the day!

DS lost a tooth at school this week. That was a first for him--happened right at the end of the day. I got to go help at his school yesterday--they were making salt maps and it was a messy project that required some help in the kitchen cleaning up. It was fun, I enjoyed it a lot. I think I enjoy it more and more the older the kids get.

School has been going very well so far this year. My DS is much happier than he was last year--yay! School, homework and afterschool activities are keeping us busy! I don't have as much time to craft as I hoped I would, but that's ok.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#378 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 7:41:07 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy have a wonderful time on your cruise. Hopefully your new phone will be better.

When we went on our First cruise I wanted to call home and they said sure you can do that here I am in St. Maarten called home was on the phone for 3 minutes the bill was 85.00!!! Can you get reception with a cell phone from Alaska??

Sonya.. nice to hear someone likes school. Are you making jewelry

Sandra.. have fun with your kids..

Shelly when are you leaving??

Gotta run

JeanneLee Offline
#379 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 12:49:13 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Had a wonderful morning with my coffee gals! Our one friend is heading back down south to Florida.
They are retired and have a home here and in Florida(Gulf side). We will miss her, but she tries to go and spend time with her dad(92yo and lives alone) and her mom who is in a nursing home.

Our DD and her hubby left yesterday to travel out to Ohio to visit my in-laws and my mom over the long weekend. They haven't seen their grandparents since Christmas.
Plan to Skype with my mom shortly thanks to them! We'll also Skype with our Marine tom'w morning to...thought I would share a photo of him when he took that 24 hr duty last weekend:
LOVE his mug!BigGrin

Edited by user Friday, August 30, 2013 12:50:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

JeanneLee attached the following image(s):
Duty! (Medium).jpg
SandraB. Offline
#380 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 6:54:16 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi everyone;
Well, first week of school done! Things are slowly falling into place. The teacher that I thought would be our homeroom teacher, isn't. The one I'm with I worked with 3 years ago and we got along very well. Although, he's old enough to be my son, LOL! I think it's going to be a great year!

Joy & Shelly: enjoy your cruises

Sonya: glad your son is enjoying school this year. Our kids all start on Tues.

JeanneLee: glad you had a nice coffee with your friends. Have fun skyping with your family. TFS the pic of your son.

Tomorrow afternoon we are heading back out to the lake, then we have a hockey game tomorrow nite. Sunday mom is coming for supper after we do some shopping for her, not sure what Mon. holds yet. Hope the weather holds, we've had rain in the evenings but nice during the day. As this is our last long w/end of the summer, hope it's a good one.

Bye for now, take care everyoneBigGrin
JeanneLee on 9/3/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#381 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 7:04:34 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Good evening everyone

I know Joy is on her way to her Cruise ship have a safe journey

Jeanne.. glad you enjoyed your outing with your friends. Your son is certainly a handsome Marine. Looks like he gained a little weight but looks good on him

Well today was a busy day.. Ms. Abigail took 2 short naps and I got busy cleaning house while she slept.

Sat. in the early am I have chiropractor then a eye check up at 9:30 am then we go out to breakfast and then I want to go to the Cemetary.

Today was 3 yrs. since my mom passed and 12 yrs. for my dad who passed on the 23rd. of August.

And Alex birthday was the 27th and we celebrated it tonight.

After our dinner and cake they asked me if we could look thru the scrapbook albums I had started for them when they were born. In 2002 is when I first got into scrapbooking and I started a album for Hannah she was born in 1996 and I had plenty of photos to scrap. Well it was bittersweet for me because my parents were thru out half of the albums I had made. They were talking about my parents because they never knew their parents dad and moms and my parents they called grandma and grandpa. My parents loved them like they were their own grandchildren. We had a lot of laughs and tears. They said what happened you stopped at 2009!! I said then your Dad was staying home with you so I don't have that many photos except Holidays, school vacation and their Birthdays we also use to do sleepovers from when they were infants until they were maybe 10.

All I did in 1996 was answer a ad in the newspaper for a baby sitting job about 1/2 mile from my house and that is when I started taking care of my Hannah at 7 weeks old and now just turned 17 and still we are so close to her and Alex who just turned 15.
That was after leaving banking after 30 yrs. of service.

Here I am changing diapers all over again LOL But I love my little Abigail.

Well hoping everyone has a great weekend

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#382 Posted : Friday, August 30, 2013 7:24:55 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi. I am phone typing. Free internet at the hotel!

Sonya, fun for your son to loose a tooth at school!.

Sandra, glad you are settling in to school.

JeanneLee, handsome Marine!! Thank him for his serice for us.

Nancy, such wonderful memories.

Good drive today. Easy crossing into Canada.

And I will spill the beans now. Shelly and I are at the same hotel! I am waiting to hear from her to meet tonight. And we are on the same cruise! !! I am so excited to meet one of you in person. :-D
lv2scrap02 Offline
#383 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 6:07:34 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Holy Cow!!!! I remember you mentioning to Shelly about your Cruise didn't realize you were cruising together how fun is that.BigGrin BigGrin BigGrin

Be sure to take a photo of the two of you and post it on here.

Cloudy and the sun goes in and out.

On my way to an eye doctor appt.

Well Shelly and Joy have a great time together to bad you couldn't bring your Cricut and scrapbook togetherBigGrin
BingoLady Offline
#384 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 11:32:32 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 979 time(s) in 665 post(s)
Hello to all of you ladies hope all of you are having a nice weekend.
The weather here in Tucson Ar.is OK. I'm waiting for the sun to go down
so I can go for my walk this evening.
Shelly and Joy, have fun on your cruise.
Very handsome young man in the picture.
 1 user thanked BingoLady for this useful post.
AlyaMama Offline
#385 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:05:00 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Wow Joy and Shelly on the same cruise, that's so cool. Have fun and take lots of pictures.

Nancy, that's such a sweet story about Hannah and Alex, I'm sure they feel like your own kids. I can't wait to see the Canoli cake, you did take pictures right?

Hi Sonya glad the school year is going well. Pop back on anytime. We miss you.

Sandra nice you know the teacher your working with. Sounds fun. Enjoy your weekend.

Jeanne your son is quite handsome. That was nice of him to take that extra shift, shows good character. You raised him right.

Bingolady, I used to live in Tucson when we lived in the States. It's very hot. I didn't really like it. The only good things that came out of Tucson for me were 3 of my 4 kids were born there.

So my kids started school on Wed. there was hardly anyone there. I guess most parents figured there was no reason to send them until Sunday. We went to school supply shopping today, not fun. I won't say anymore.

We are glued to the t.v waiting to see what is going to happen in Syria. We've been given the word to prepare our go-bags. Basically if they decide to evacuate all international staff we have to have stuff already to go. So I went to the store and got us each backpack and put a change of clothes, our important documents (passports, birth certificates, marriage license, etc.) snacks and few toys for the kids. I really hope we don't have to use them. Although my Jamal says we would go to Rome until it's safe to come back. So keep us in your thoughts.

I better get to bed, school tomorrow and AJaml is going to beruit tomorrow night and I have to get his laundry done before he goes.

Good night everyone.
 1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#386 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:16:59 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Ok here is the Cannoli Cake a little messy from them cutting into it..

Sometimes they make 2 layers of the cannoli cream this was one and more then enough

Edited by user Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:29:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
P1010068 (500x375).jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#387 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 1:30:58 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Angie this is scary please be safe your parents must be worried about you and the kids!!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#388 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2013 4:05:37 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

My company is coming between 8pm and 8:30 that is late for us usually I am in my nightgown at 8pm LOL

My whole house sparkles got a lot accomplished today. When we went out East I stopped at a farm stand and boy did we buy lots of veggies they had these yellow grape tomatoes they are so good sweet and delicious great in salads or just to eat like that.

Well Joy and Shelly must be sailing away to Alaska by now...

Sunday I am hoping to craft catch up on some scrapbooking and maybe play and make some Artbooking Cards.

Well hoping everyone has a good evening/dayBigGrin
AlyaMama Offline
#389 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 1:30:36 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Wow that cake looks delicious! Great, now I want cake. Guess I'll bake a cake today. I actually prefere store bought cake. Funny I guess.

Not sure if my parents are aware of what's going on here and I don't want to say anything to scare them. We really don't think anythings going to happen.

Today I'm cleaning up my studio again. Now that the kids are in school I might be able to get it cleaned up. I'm still having trouble with finding a solution to the every present Lego problem. Now Layla gets into them. I bought a used desk to set Alya's legos up on, but Layla can reach it so I guess I'll have to come up with another idea.

My dream is to have a big table that the kids have to stand at to play and have all the sets set up and ready for play. Not sure if that's going to happen.

Back to cleaning, or to go bake a cake. Tough choice.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#390 Posted : Sunday, September 01, 2013 8:25:58 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Angie.. Boy your kids are really into the Lego's. When Alex and Hannah were young they had a few sets but they knew they had to clean up afterwards I use to hate the mess. Alex was more into Lincoln Logs they were fun too.

I saw on the map in todays paper I didn't realize how close you are to Syria...Blink

I also saw there was a big earthquake in Alaska with lots of aftershocks.. hope things calm down for the girls cruise

Well my company came last night I was already yawning they are use to going out late and staying out late.. but they came a little early like 7:45pm I kept seeing DH looking at the clock, 11pm 12am 1 am now we are both yawning just not use to staying up this late at home.

We had a good time lots of memories they looked thru my scrapbooks how I met them is one day I was walking with Hannah and we always passed this house that was decorated so pretty for the Holidays like every Holiday and Hannah always pointed at the house and one day the owner came out with her grandson and was the same age as Hannah their birthdays were 1 week apart.

Then the friendship began. My friend baby sat her grandson and they lived down the block from Hannah. We also cruised with them very nice people then once the kids were in Pre K she decided to go back to work and that was it. We kind of lost touch.

But it was a wonderful evening last night. After I cleaned up the kitchen it was 2am and I have to say I slept until almost 10am very unusual for me but I feel good now.

So it is cloudy out today my kids and granddaughter are going to a BBQ where they live near a street fair I hope the weather holds out for them.

Me I am going to cook a nice Italian dinner Eggplant Parmigiana maybe a little pasta on the side (eggplant from farm stand)

Well everyone enjoy the day