Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<1516171819>»
Shelly Offline
#481 Posted : Friday, September 27, 2013 6:50:32 PM(UTC)
Shelly

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 305 time(s) in 267 post(s)
Hi everyone!

Sounds like lots of the group is under the weather!

Sharon - I'm sorry you aren't doing well! Hope you can get things figured out!

Nancy - Hope the injections help! You need to get rid of that darn vertigo! Sorry you aren't feeling good. Get better! Hope Abigail's teeth feel better soon.

Sandra - You need to get better as well! Not feeling well makes kids not behaving worse I think! Hope you feel better soon also.

Our weather has turned cold and rainy. It was nicer and warmer in Alaska. This is what I was expecting it to be like when we were there. We have snow in the mountains. Came down pretty low. They said it would be in the benches today, but it didn't get that low. Tonight we are going to have some freezing. I'm not ready for this. Snow and winter are not my thing.

My carpets and furniture turned out so well. My DH didn't think the furniture would be very well, but they aren't bad at all.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#482 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:13:48 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1281 time(s) in 996 post(s)
Sandra... hope you feel better and you can get some rest this weekend..

Joy.. I think a couple of years ago you posted a picture but it was from afar... too funny about the test!!

shelly.. glad to hear you were happy with the results of the carpet cleaning... you get snow in AZ!!! are you closer to the mountains???

With the weather change here from hot to chilly to windy and cold it seems everyone you talk to is sick!

Not dizzy today but I want to have my eyes check just to make sure everything is good..

Then try to do some cleaning my GF said it Sat. who cleans on a Sat!!! Me I rested all week not time to get back in the swing of things.. at least my wash is done

DH is in his man cave and said 3 outlets don't work.. who would have thought to check all the outlets before the Electrician left!! here we go again!!

Ms. Abigail was into everything yesterday I knew 3 days home with her daddy (even though he is strict with her) she grew she was touching everything and wouldn't listen not to touch.

She is 16 1/2 months old I can't believe how fast the time as gone... She is very shy with everyone..

Well hoping everyone has a great day and feels better
lv2scrap02 Offline
#483 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 6:24:51 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I was just watching a Video on a you tube someone making a Frame card by hand (SU demo gal) and I am saying how easy would it be if she had a Expression machine 1, 2 3 it would be done here she is explaining how to cut a frame.

I wish the new product PC was coming out with was a better Gypsy instead of another machine.
How many machine are they going to produce.. I love my Expression hoping that last a long timeBigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#484 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:03:02 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1448 time(s) in 1154 post(s)
http://www.godvine.com/T...ll-Be-Stunned--3994.html

If this link works, it is a pretty amazing video of one guy singing multiple parts of a hymn. It is beautiful.

Nancy, I am with you about a new Gypsy and I hope my new cake machine works a long long long time. And that my Gypsy lives forever. I can turn on my G and get my cuts made before the computer my craft room boots up. And the laptop that I use all of the time is not tons faster. They are both just vintage. If you can call a laptop vintage!

It is hard to believe that Abigail is that old already! Which means Layla is a bit older. Where has the time gone?

Shelly, glad your carpets and furniture turned out well. We are going to have to do something about some of our carpet one of these years. The carpet in our office is 21 years old. And you can tell. I don't remember when we put in our living room carpet, but probably close to 15 years ago.

It is supposed to be warmer today, like maybe 70, but is certainly gray out right now.

Have a good weekend, all. I am sure we will to to my parents house tonight to watch Boise State football, and again tomorrow after church to watch NASCAR. Maybe one of these days we can get our own cable, but probably not.
Shelly Offline
#485 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 10:09:38 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - I am in Utah, in a suburb just south of Salt Lake City. We live on the benches, very close to the mountains. It is about a 10 minute drive to several of the canyons with popular ski resorts. None of my family skis though. My son has tried snowboarding with some of his friends, but doesn't like it enough to invest that much money in equipment or ski passes. Abigail sounds like she is growing fast. They can get into so much stuff, so fast. Sometimes I feel like all I say to my GS is NO.

Joy - The carpet in the main part of my house is about 16 years old and very light. We redid our carpet when we did a major remodel of our house. Figured my kids were old enough I could get that carpet. Got new furniture in the front room too with glasstop end tables and coffee table. Now that I have grandchildren I am always regretting those decisions. The coffee table always has so many fingerprints on it and smears its awful. The carpet gets lots of spills that I sometimes don't see. I told my daughter that Ben has to stay in the basement when he comes over from now on! Lol. I just need to get them cleaned more often. We have tried to do it ourselves with home machines and store rental machines, but professionally done is so much better.

Hope everyone has a good weekend and starts feeling better!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#486 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:53:50 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I don't worry much about my coffee table. Jill and Megan got it for $5 at a yard sale a couple of years ago. It is a nice oval solid oak table, though! But Jill has me beat. Hers is a nice oak oval one, a bit smaller than mine. Merle and Megan got it out of a dumpster at the apartment complex that Jill moved out of!!!!!!!!!!! DH refinished it, and it is lovely. Laugh
lv2scrap02 Offline
#487 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 11:59:28 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Just got back from Walmart and Kohl's crazy shopping out there.

Anyway went and had my eyes check and I knew something was up I have a film partly covering my right eye. Doctor said 45 % of the people who have the lenses put in the eyes after cataract
surgery have this happen to them. So 2 weeks I need to have lazer done on the right eye. He said it doesn't grow back I hope not!!

Shelly didn't realize you lived in Utah isn't that where Provo Craft is located!!!

Do you have a lot of Craft Stores around you??

When we extended our Living room in 2005 we got everything new rugs, painted walls, new furniture, tables Hugh wall unit. Hopefully this will be the last for us

DH gets bored very quickly and he is the one that likes to buy all new furniture. We have been married going on 30 years this is our 5th set of all new rugs and furniture.

I am done because I love everything anything we have ever bought
Shelly Offline
#488 Posted : Saturday, September 28, 2013 9:03:11 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy, I live VERY close to Provo Craft. It is just a few miles from my house. It was nice when my gypsy had a problem, I was able to take it and drop it off and then go and pick it up when it was fixed. I didn't have to mail it.

There are three Joanns, 2 Micheals, and one Hobby Lobby close to my house. There used to be my favorite craft store really close to me and there were several close by, but unfortunately they went out of business a few years ago. They carried TONS of PC merchandise, much more than any of these other stores. It was the best store. I was so sad when they closed.

Hope you can get your eyes fixed easily. My DH was told he would need cataract surgery in a few years when he got his new glasses a couple of months ago. He has never had any kind of surgery or anything done, so he's not happy about it.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#489 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 7:01:35 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly... when I think of Utah I think of it as the World of Craft it seems a lot of online stores are from Utah.. Wow I wish I could take my Gypsy and drop it off.

Reassure your husband that eye surgery is painless you don't feel a thing the only part is you have to put 3 different eye drops in your eyes thru out the day for a month or more. That is the only annoying part.

Trying to clean the bathroom today and my knee is aching I have to wear a brace but you cant do what you have to do with this stupid thing on so off it came now I am in pain !

Sharon.. I started taking allergy pills and my headaches have subsided. So really hoping it is what they saying and the weather.

Joy.. I wasn't able to open the link to the video..

Well taking it easy after cleaning might go to a movie

have a great day everyone

SandraB. Offline
#490 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 1:20:34 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 271 time(s) in 230 post(s)
Happy Sunday everyone;
Starting to feel better today, slept alot yesterday. Had a hockey game last nite which was a nail bitter. Went out for brunch this a.m., and put a chicken in the crockpot for supper.

Shelly: nice to have Provo Craft so close...thankfully, I haven't had nothing go wrong with my G. You are in a craft store heaven where you live! I think it will be getting close to freezing here the next few nites also. I think I will have to go & dig up my Cala Lillies and bring them in, might just plant my new tulip bulbs at the same time. Glad your carpets turned out well

Nancy: we only have small bits of carpet left in our house as we put mostly all laminate flooring in both upstairs and down. Hope your lazer surgery goes well. Time sure does fly doesn't it...the little ones grow up so fast.

Joy: glad I bought a refurbished E so I don't have to worry about getting any new machines. Speaking of Layla, what has happened to Angie? Hope she's ok.

Well, off to clean the bathrooms, then I think it will be nap time.

lv2scrap02 Offline
#491 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 3:20:07 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sandra.. glad to hear you are feeling better... you never seem to rest enough. you are alwys on the go

I emailed Debbie the other day that my goal was to cut all the corresponding shapes that go with the CTMH Stamp Sets. I only use the chip board pieces for scrapbooking because they are bulky to mail. so she emails me back and she has already done that with her cartridges.

So today the Expression was cutting all the shapes on the Artiste Cartridge made lots all in white cardstock. One way to use up cardstock LOL

Then after Abigail leaves I will try Art Philosophy.

Worked on a variety of Christmas cards trying to do some different. I have tons of SU Christmas cards from all the SU classes I have been to, so I will use them this season. Then hopefully next year I will do all CTMH Christmas cards.

Needless to say I won't be wasting my money going to those SU classes all year long she makes Christmas cards and very simple.

Well I made a break thru today I cut with CCR I can't believe I didn't have any problems.

Still need to learn some things like how do we upload a cartridge into CCR??? I did update my Gypsy awhile ago but it is dead so I don't know how to add ArtBooking!! anybody know??

I am thinking when you register the cartridges that they know!

anyway have a good night Stay healthy
joyfullycrafting Offline
#492 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 4:38:02 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

It's raining, it's pouring.
The old man is snoring.
and so on and so on.

It is RAINING! We have had a steady rain all day, which does not happen very often around here.

Lincoln is here, and he is possessed tonight! Running, digging in the trash can, tearing things apart.

It's too bad that the link didn't work. It was a beautiful video.

I haven't even seen any facebook posts from Angie lately. She is close to kind of a dangerous part of the world.

We have laminate flooring in our kitchen, and it has not held up well at all. I have been pretty disappointed. I know, though, that I am hard on floors.

Nancy, you tried to hard to get us to get our Christmas cards made. I am STILL struggling to know what I want to do.
Amberella Offline
#493 Posted : Sunday, September 29, 2013 6:01:37 PM(UTC)
Amberella

Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
I was just watching a Video on a you tube someone making a Frame card by hand (SU demo gal) and I am saying how easy would it be if she had a Expression machine 1, 2 3 it would be done here she is explaining how to cut a frame.

I wish the new product PC was coming out with was a better Gypsy instead of another machine.
How many machine are they going to produce.. I love my Expression hoping that last a long timeBigGrin

I watched that video the other day as well. It was a awesome tut and the card turned out beautiful. I still consider myself a newbie, I've only had my machine for over a year. Would you mind telling me how I could create that look with my cricut? What cart do you need or are the images available in the CCR?
sethfarmel24623485 Offline
#494 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 3:15:09 AM(UTC)
sethfarmel24623485

Necklace is really looking beautiful, would like to see your makeup once is that complimenting your necklace or not?
karinherzog.com
lv2scrap02 Offline
#495 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 4:55:18 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Got up early this morning and I am done with breakfast and getting ready for Ms. Abigail

Joy.. I usually go thru all my Christmas Cartridges and think about a card to make. This time around I am using up all my Stampin Cards I made this past year from the SU Card Class. My friends want me to do a CTMH Card class but none of them have cricut machines and I am having a hard time thinking about what kind of card to make.

Joy we heard and saw last night on the news all the rain you are all getting maybe that is why the dogs are going wild

I also haven't heard from Angie.. I hope all is well

The majority of my hand made cards are cricut so will have to think more about a stamping ctmh card.

For the newbee above the new Close To My heart Art Booking cartridge makes frames I think any of the newer cartridges you can find frames in

Well this week is suppose to be beautiful weather on Wed. high 80's next week cold go figure

Enjoy the day ladies

JeanneLee Offline
#496 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 7:24:13 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning everyone, just checking in so you know what is up with me lately!

Busy with DS's football-Varsity games on Friday/Saturdays.
We are 6-0!
The Junior Varsity plays Mondays(all away games this year).
We are 2-0!
He plays on both teams. (more playing time on the JV)

Sorry to read about the sickness going on here(Sandra and Nancy)...prayed you are feeling better soon.
Shelly, hope winter doesn't set in to early!
Joy, Glad you and Shelly are back from your trip...need to go back and read posts to see if you posted any photos?

Christmas cards?? NOT even begun to think about those yet!

Enjoying the FALL here in MD.BigGrin
joyfullycrafting Offline
#497 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 8:21:26 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

JeanneLee, I posted pics a page or so back. And your football son is certainly keeping you busy!

It was raining when I got up, but right now the sky is looking good, and the sun is almost peeking through.

I saw a cut on one of the newer carts that I think I would really like to use for Christmas cards. It is a nativity silloutte (I know I spelled that wrong!) with a star behind it. Simple, but very nice. So, I may be ordering a new cart.

I have six birthday cards I need to make today! Hope I get them done.

I joined a swap on the Swap thread. I have only done one other one since I joined the boards. It was just OK. I hope this one goes well! I have to make two different gift bags and matching tags.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 10/5/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#498 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 4:01:34 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

OK now I am getting worried about Angie... Usually I email her and hear from her right away!!

I really really hope all is well with her and the kids!

Jeanne, nice to hear from you did you finish organizing your craft room?

Joy, hope it stops raining soon.

Tip whenever you need to make a card make several now they are on hand and you can add any sentiment you need for the occasion.
I must have a good 50 cards or more for All Occassions

We have had a beautiful day today and all week it is supposed to be nice.

Hoping everyone has a good evening/day

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 4:03:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 10/5/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#499 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 5:50:54 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Trying to upload pictures of a couple of cards

Hard to tell but the Halloween cards are all black embossing powder so it really shines
Round card using the Imagine
Fall card is a Faux Gate Fold Card

I have a lot more to upload

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 6:02:01 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Fall Card.JPG
Hannah Halloween.JPG
Halloween.JPG
Get Well.JPG
lv2scrap02 Offline
#500 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 6:27:50 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Here are some Swing cards CTMH Artiste Cartridge
Artbooking cartridge

Abigail only like Minnie in pink this is her Halloween card the others I made 6 for Steve's grandchildren and some friends

Edited by user Monday, September 30, 2013 6:37:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Congrats.JPG
Congratulations Swing cds.JPG
Engagement.JPG
Kids Halloween Cards.JPG
Thanksgiving Cards CTMH.JPG
joyfullycrafting Offline
#501 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 6:41:25 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, your cards are WONDERFUL! You did a great job on them!!!

I tried to go back on Facebook and find the post I thought I saw this morning that mentioned Angie, but my computer was not cooperating and I couldn't get back far enough.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 10/2/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#502 Posted : Monday, September 30, 2013 6:41:48 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

My Christmas Cards I can't post because some of you will get one in the mail

If anyone would like to exchange Christmas cards send me your address and if anyone else wants to join in let me know

joyfullycrafting Offline
#503 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 7:27:49 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Happy October 1!! We have a friend who just LOVES October. She even writes something she calls "October Thought."

And maybe Happy Breast Cancer Awareness Month. I will have my check-up in February.

I think we will be having a nice day. After yesterday's rain stopped, we had quite a lovely day. Cool but sunny and pleasant.

I never did get to card-making yesterday. Today is another day.

I am to the heel of Brandon's birthday gift, which will be a Christmas stocking. Now, I have to pay attention to the directions and to what I am doing. When I was knitting the leg, I could just knit away, but the heel takes more concentration.
Shelly Offline
#504 Posted : Tuesday, October 01, 2013 10:18:17 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Nancy - Your cards are BEAUTIFUL!! I love them. I like your idea about making extra cards when you are making them. I started trying to do this. I have a few. Seems like I am always in a crunch to get one done, so I don't make extra, but I am hoping to get better at this.

Joy - I bet your stocking will be beautiful. My mom did a lot of knitting. She made some beautiful things. I know how tricky some of it can be. She made my DH a sweater when we first got married. He still wears it all the time, 32 years later. You should post us a picture of it when you are done.

I hope Angie is ok! It's kinda scary!

After our snow last week, we are back in the 70s and low 80s this week, until Thursday. We didn't end up getting snow at our house, but it was down pretty low on the mountains. It was really pretty with the fall colors. It wasn't a lot of snow. It melted in a day or so. We went up the canyon and the fall colors are beautiful right now and with the dusting of snow where we were, it made them pop. It was so pretty. I like fall, but I hate the thought of winter. I don't like driving in snow.

Hope everyone has a great day!
 1 user thanked Shelly for this useful post.
AlyaMama Offline
#505 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:46:04 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello everyone, sorry I've been gone so long. Just super busy. My freind started working at this preschool as an education consultant. They were cutting out all the letter by hand, she told them Oh No you don't I have a freind who has a machine that will do all that for you. So that's what Ive been doing the past month. The sad thing is that she up and quit last week so now I'm in a weird postion, I want to keep doing thier paper cutting for them, but I feel weird about doing it since my freind isn't there anymore. It's a long story. That's the jist of it.

I'm working on getting some stuff made for my facebook page, but Layla keeps me hopping. She's into everything. We go to 2 playgroups now so those days are shot for crafting. I need better time management skills. Any thoughts?

Jamal has been traveling a lot latley and goes to Sydney Austraila in a few weeks. I was supposed to go with him, but I went to the States instead this past summer. Oh well.

Everything is calm in this part of the world. I still have my go bag sort of packed. I keep taking stuff out so I guess I'd have to repack if something happened.

Guess that's about it for me. I'll try to come back more often to see what you all are up to. I miss chatting with you guys and living through your purchases at Joanns and Micheals.

Talk later.
Angie

1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#506 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 6:59:39 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Angie.. glad to hear from your. I figured you were caught up in crafting which is a good thing. Glad everything is ok

Came from the chiropractor this morning my neck bothering me Dr. said I have to cut down on my crafting. Trust me I have before Ms. Abigail I use to craft every day now just some evening and weekends. This stinks

Off for my second knee injections no bowling for me today

QUESTIONS CCR experts.... how do I load a cartridge into CCR without the Gypsy????

Have a good day
joyfullycrafting Offline
#507 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 7:56:31 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

Angie, glad that you are doing well!

Nancy, that is good question about CCR and a Gypsy. I have wondered the same thing.

And I know what you mean about less crafting and your neck. When I first went to the chiro for my neck he said don't do things where you look down - knitting, scrapbooking!!! Yeah, right. Like that is going to happen.

I did finally get my birthday cards made. No cricut, but a little cuttlebug.

I ended up goiing to have lunch with a friend. She is thinking about opening a little gifty/vintage suff store. She asked me if I would make cards to sell at it. So I am looking at Simple Holiday Cards to get some quick cards made for her store. It sells for not too much on ebay. She is thinking about trying to be open by Nov 1, so I would have to get with it. And we will be gone next week. DH has a conference on the other side of the state, then we will go and see Kate!!! YAY! I so excited to see her and Jordan. I really pray that in the next couple of years they will either move back to our area, or to the area Jordan is from, just to be closer to family. Kate is such a family-oriented girl.

I am going to try and knit today. I am REALLY to the place on the Christmas stockinng that I have to pay attention for an hour or so, so that I don't get lost.

Tomorrow I hope to go to Archievers to look for some specialty cardstock to make some tags to use at church for special event.
AlyaMama Offline
#508 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 8:26:29 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Nancy your cards are fabulous! I love the paper you used.

Joy good luck with the stocking.

Back to making leaves.

1 user thanked AlyaMama for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#509 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 10:44:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well finally home it is a 81 deg. day unbelievable for this time of the year. Had to bring up my Summer clothes hopefully it will stay like this for a while. Wishful thinking.

I think I will try and scrapbook today since I am all done with cards for a while

Angie.. I would still help out the kids and cut for them

Joy.. how fun making cards and selling them.

Oh when I was at the "Osteo Relief" I had my second injection and they asked if I had any problems after last week injection and the only thing was soreness from the injection otherwise No knee pain what so ever. Sleeping thru the night. The Doctor said only 10% of the patients have no knee pain after the first shot. Yipee only 3 more weeks to go and I will be done with the series of shots.

Edited by user Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:39:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#510 Posted : Wednesday, October 02, 2013 3:41:32 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy... glad you got your Birthday cards done. I just feel if I have to make 1 why not make 4 or 5.

I have 3 storage boxes of cards all done Some I left without sayings so I can add a birthday or a Hello or Get Well.

Well hoping everyone has a great night/day