Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<2324252627>»
DebbieScraps Offline
#721 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:54:01 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Sandra, wow that is cold!!!! I don't like the heat but I don't think I would survive your weather!
Shelly I always make multiple cards, I find it much more time efficient and I waste less and it is easier when it comes to choosing who gets which card LOL
Nancy I cut out a large scalloped heart today and stamped it all over with a variety of heart stamps that I have and words like love, cherish, forever etc and it is for a wedding layout. i was really pleased with the way it came out. I use a lot of stamps on layouts. I decided that I was over thinking my layouts for the wedding photos and today I created two simple layouts that I was happy with, both had something stamped on them :) I also got six male birthday cards made so I was on a roll!
NJsharon Offline
#722 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:00:10 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 407 time(s) in 246 post(s)
I have also been using my stamps more lately. I go through spells of using my cricut more or my stamps more & lately it has been my stamps. It is fun to use them. I love making patterned paper/cardstock with them.

19 degrees out right now. Brrrrr. But that is only -7C so not as bad as you Sandra!!!
High of 48 today so chilly.

Girls are home sick today... only plus is that they got it at the same time & before thanksgiving, so they should be better by next week.

I am back to work today. Have quite enjoyed being home & just doing stuff around the house! But I do miss the kiddies, so will be nice to see their smiley faces again!

lv2scrap02 Offline
#723 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:48:45 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1282 time(s) in 997 post(s)
Debbie right about now I think I would love your weather... Debbie that sounds very pretty

So cold not as cold as Sandra's weather

Sharon hoping the girls are doing better

I just went thru all my stamps and there are so many I haven't used in years...

The cricut has taken over my life since 2006...

One day I hope I can get to use them

Joy what are you knitting now??

Edited by user Thursday, November 21, 2013 9:49:58 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

lv2scrap02 Offline
#724 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 2:27:14 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Jeanne nice to hear from you... still cleaning the basement??? LOL

My little granddaughter is giving me a run for my money today she was on the go all day. Although she is a good helper.

God forbid someone leaves a chair out she pushes it back under the table where it should be.

1 user thanked lv2scrap02 for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/25/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#725 Posted : Thursday, November 21, 2013 6:54:34 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 278 time(s) in 237 post(s)
we hit a balmy high of -11C today and now we have a snowfall warning in effect, they're saying between 10-15cm overnight. Had to shovel when I got home, thought it might be too much if I left it until morning.

Nancy: your little helper sounds adorable

Sharon: hope your girls are feeling better. I haven't used hardly any of my stamps lately...really have to get back at it

Debbie: your layouts sound lovely, glad you are back on a rollBigGrin!

Tomorrow is a PD day, no kids at school. We have meetings in the morning and then us EA's are off to a session at County Office. Hope we are done earlyBigGrin!

Better get back to making my cards
lv2scrap02 Offline
#726 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 6:04:00 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

No sun today chance of showers and it is warm out! Sat. I have a Craft Fair I am looking forward to going to. I want to leave early. My Crafty Friend Linda will have a booth this is her first time doing a craft fair.

Hoping to do some Christmas shopping also later on with DH. Last night I worked on accordion albums I want to give my sil and DD for Christmas. I am so far behind. But I want them to at least open one present each. Almost done with one. So hoping by tonight I can finish them both.

Anyone watch the show "Scandal" what a good show...

Well hoping everyone has a good crafting day
JeanneLee Offline
#727 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 7:22:11 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Originally Posted by: lv2scrap02 Go to Quoted Post
Jeanne nice to hear from you... still cleaning the basement??? LOL

HA! Its STILL a work in progress, Nancy! LOL LOL I go down to start a project and just clean off enough space to complete it!
I need to get it cleaned up...I have a friend coming the 7th to make Christmas cards! Blushing

Sandra, I will probably prepare for 8 kids(though we have 2-7 that come, but very inconsistently)
I just hope that we can complete it in an hour! So, I will be doing a lot of prep work! Cutting out with the Cricut really helps!

I forgot to mention the most important thing...our Marine is in the Philippines helping there. He was just flown over this past weekend and we have heard from him a few times(via FB chat). He works some long shifts.
He is not sure how long he will be there but said it could be 2-3 months.
This was his first deployment from his permanent duty station in Okinawa.

Well, I better get some chores done and get to my Sun. Sch. project! I have a cross-stitch project I am working on too for a gift for a friend on Thanksgiving!

Have a great day everyone!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#728 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 9:47:33 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1483 time(s) in 1180 post(s)
Good Morning! Well, it is morning here. A cold morning (high's in the mid-30's) but I think Sandra wins the COLD award!!! Oh my.

We got our frig yesterday. I got up about 6:30 a.m. and started emptying the old one, then gave it a good cleaning, and DH put in some replacement parts that I had gotten years ago. We put it in the back yard and we will get rid of the really old one that was back there. Got the new one in, cooled down, and loaded. Then I played Cinderella and scrubbed the kitchen and dining room floors on my hands and knees. My back was so tired last night!

JeanneLee, most of the waiters on our cruise were from the Philippines. Kind of hard on them, being so far from home. We read someplace that Carnival Corp was donatinig around a million dollars to the area.

I found Lincoln chewing up a box of matches this morning. I wish I knew where he finds these things!!!

Maybe I can get our Christmas card envelope labels printed today, and DH can put them on. He needs things to keep him occupied.

We found out last night that Megan's mother-in-law has a lump in her breast. She will be going in for more testing soon. I guess she had a lump removed like 10 years ago.
 1 user thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/22/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#729 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 9:48:39 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Nancy, you asked about a knitting project. I have a bunch of red yarn that I am making Kate a blanket. There is no hurry on this one. She knows I have the yarn and will make it someday. I am crocheting the dishcloths.
lv2scrap02 on 11/24/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#730 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 10:12:09 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

My funny for the day:

I buy bulk dog biscuits at Costco and store them the freezer. I keep a few in a jar on the counter and refill it when it is empty. As we were re-arranging frig's yesterday, I kept out a bag of them. When I got up this morning, I noticed DH had very nicely put them from the baggie into the jar. However, he put them in the cookie jar instead of the dog biscuit jar!LOL It was so sweet of him to fill the jar, so I don't think I will mention it. Love
BingoLady Offline
#731 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 10:29:23 AM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 972 time(s) in 658 post(s)
A big hello to all of you wonderful ladies.
Taking about the weather, its been raining here in Tucson,A for two days.
I,m so glad ,cause our plants need the water. The weather here is so crazy,
one day it will nice and hot and now it has been cold. I havn,t been able to go
for my walk. And I guess we won,t be playing cards tonight, my SIL is sick.
Crying Hope all of you are doing great. Sharon hope the girls get well soon.
Have a nice weekend.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#732 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 12:51:31 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hi.

I would love to send each one of you a Christmas card, if you would feel comfortable in PM'ing me your address.

Just a warning - they are not handmade. I did it the easy way (and yes, cheaper) and did a photo card. This the first time we have ever sent out a photo card!

And I am not sending them cuz it's a pic. I just like to send out Christmas cards!!

Joy
 3 users thanked joyfullycrafting for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/22/2013(UTC), NJsharon on 11/23/2013(UTC), lv2scrap02 on 11/24/2013(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#733 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 4:12:21 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

the work week is finally done, now for some play timeBigGrin! Our weather has warmed up to -12, though the driveway has now been shovelled twice today. I believe the snowfall warning we were under has now been lifted. They say it's supposed to be 0 tomorrow...we'll see!

JeanneLee: hope you get your calendars all cut out. Good luck to your ds helping out in the Philipines.

Joy: glad you got your new fridge in ok. Hope your back is feeling better...it just doesn't pay to be CinderellaBigGrin! Will pm you my address. Hope you get the blanket done and the dishclothes

BingoLady: hope your sister is feeling better soon. No chance of rain here, probably snow!

Nancy: have fun at your craft fair, hope your friend does well. What is she selling? I got a die-cut for an accordian card and gave it a trial run last nite. Are the albums done the same way and how do you attach them together? I guess I could just do a search and probably find a you tube videoBigGrin!

Tomorrow I'm heading into mom's to take her shopping. Planning on stopping by M's for some more yarn...hope they have the type I need. Then we have the 60th birthday tomorrow evening and on Sun. dd & sil are coming to pick up our "boarder" we've had for the past week. It is also his birthday.

I think tonite is a good crafting niteBigGrin BigGrin! Take care everyone
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
JeanneLee on 11/22/2013(UTC)
lv2scrap02 Offline
#734 Posted : Friday, November 22, 2013 5:25:50 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy tried PM you but it said your inbox was full Glad you found the address. Enjoy your knitting.

I also would like to exchange cards so whoever wants to just PM each of us

Sandra... I originally saw the Accordian Albums on You Tube he makes smaller ones I just make them bigger but I liked the way he showed it and explained it.

His name is Drew Scott (chipboard Accordian Mini album)

Close To My heart sells them all ready made in white but they are large 9 1/4 x 9 1/4 this is what I am using for my DD and sil. Don't have the time to make my own.

Last year I ordered chipboard already finished in white and they are 8 x 8 and then you just make your own album. Way cheaper I got 30 pieces for 15.00. I don't have the name of the company but I remember searching on the web.

My friend is a SU Hobbiest only and she bought every thing SU as to offer so she has made about 500 cards all stamped images she bought SU Paper, cardstock, ink pads, markers in all the colors but buys 1.00 stamps at M's and her cards a very pretty.

Off to craft
Have a good evening/day
NJsharon on 11/23/2013(UTC)
NJsharon Offline
#735 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 6:25:35 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy & Nancy, sent you a PM with my address, thanks!

My mission this weekend is to get Emily an American Girl doll, preferably blonde hair & blue eyes, like her! They are so expensive though, did not really want to pay more than $60, so may check out a kids consignment store that I heard has some AG dolls.

Took the girls to a tricky tray last night & Elise won an AG doll! So of course Emily is really put out now. I said maybe Santa might bring her one for Christmas?!

Think we are going to take the girls to see a movie today too, maybe 'Free Birds'.

Not much else going on here.

Have a great weekend all!
 1 user thanked NJsharon for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 11/24/2013(UTC)
joyfullycrafting Offline
#736 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 2:06:25 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Thank you all for your addresses! If by chance you sent me yours and I have not responded, please let me know. I kind of lost track!

Today is the day I am starting to set up my "new" tablet for me. I think I mentioned that DH got a new ipad air for the board that he is on. They bought a basic model but he went ahead and upgraded to one that has 4G and we added him to our cell phone plan for data only. He does not have a smart phone, and gets frustrated when he tries to use mine because of the size. It will be nice to have something with a bit bigger screen when we are out and about! His old tablet, which is now mine, is wifi only.

I had gotten him a keyboad last winter but he didn't really like it. I got it charged up and I think once I get used to it, I will like the keyboard.

Went to J's this morning and got lining and interfacing and buttons for my coat. And more yarn. I am going to try making dish cloths that look like a Santa coat. I think it should be fairly easy.

One thing about this keyboard - some of the keys are located in a different spot then a regular keyboard, so I will need to learn where things are. And the spacebar is a little hard to push sometimes, so some of my words may run together.

Nancy, I emptied some of my PM's. Thanks.

Sharon, good luck on your doll search. I wonder if ebay or Craigs list would be someplace you could look.
NJsharon Offline
#737 Posted : Saturday, November 23, 2013 4:53:38 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Thanks Joy, funny you should say that because I did find one on Craigslist! I am picking her up tomorrow at 4pm! She is blonde haired, blue eyed, just like Emily! Getting her for $60. Emily will be so excited!

Spoke to my Mum today & I am pretty excited that she is coming to visit, from England! She will probably arrive Dec 2nd or 3rd & is staying until Jan 4th she thinks! Love having my Mum visit, but thinking if she went back the day after or 2 days after Christmas that would be even more perfect for us. So we could relax & have New Years to ourselves. I hate to put her off though, she is very excited to come for so long! I did say it wasn't a bother to us if she left after Christmas but she said it would be too hard emotionally to leave right after Christmas for her. Oh well. It will be nice still, just hubby also has to adjust to the idea of my Mum visiting for a whole month! lol

lv2scrap02 Offline
#738 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 9:50:34 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: joyfullycrafting Go to Quoted Post
My funny for the day:

I buy bulk dog biscuits at Costco and store them the freezer. I keep a few in a jar on the counter and refill it when it is empty. As we were re-arranging frig's yesterday, I kept out a bag of them. When I got up this morning, I noticed DH had very nicely put them from the baggie into the jar. However, he put them in the cookie jar instead of the dog biscuit jar!LOL It was so sweet of him to fill the jar, so I don't think I will mention it. Love

Good thing no one went into the cookie jar for a cookie LOL It would have been crunchie LOL

lv2scrap02 Offline
#739 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:14:36 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Hi Girls,

Well last night the wind picked up it was really cold then started snowing and hailing. Sat. was such a beautiful day so that was a surprise.

My DH Friday night said instead of sending gift cards to his son's family in AZ. lets go out and buy the kids the toys and clothes ourselves. This way when they Skype it will be fun watching them open up their presents. His gk are 4 and 2 so they are into Princesses and Toy Story and jake the Pirates something like that so off we went at 10am spent the morning in Toys R Us my DH couldn't believe all the different toys very overwhelming. Even when I shopped for Abigail there is so much to choose from and I am trying to control myself and not buy her everything I put toys in the cart then took them out. She will have a lot to open and Patty and I will share them all some at her house and some here.

Then off to a nice lunch and home we came. Tried to catch up on wash and cleaning now all done. Hoping to work on my accordion albums. Still need to make Christmas cards for the little ones.

Sharon.. I have an AG doll I bought years ago they are so pretty and I was buying them years ago for Hannah (the little girl I raised from 7 weeks old) is now 17 I started her off with 1 doll then she wanted the twins then I bought her all the furniture.
I am sure they will love their AG dolls.

Hope it works out well with your mom staying a month!! But it will be nice to spend some quality time with her.

Jeanne... how nice your Marine son is over there helping out and getting to see the World

Sandra.. glad the snow stopped hope you enjoy your days off. My crafty friend joined SU in March as a demo just a hobbyist she has spent over 2000.00 in products ( not stamps)She bought all the cardstock, Designer Paper, markers, stamp pads, framelits you name it she bought it. Started making lots of cards. She only buys stamps at M's or ACM that are on sale like a 1.00 or .50 cents. When I met her she only made cards in all white or just beige tones. Then I introduced her to pattern cardstock and colored cardstock she loved the look so went crazy with the SU products. When she mentioned to me about being a Demo for SU I wanted to go in it with her as a hobby thinking it would be so much easier making the goals for the quarter but she wanted to do it on her own! So there are nights she is up until the wee hours of the morning making cards she has made over 500 cards.

I never did make it to the craft fair because we were shopping all day.

Shelly.. you must be busy I hope you are not baby sitting!

Joy..enjoy your tablet that is nice that DH gave you his and he got a new one. Funny because when I get a new car (slightly used) my DH gets my leftovers and I get a new one.

Then 3 yrs. ago he said that it he has never had a new car so he went and got himself a new Honda CRV
lv2scrap02 Offline
#740 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:16:03 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Have a great day everyone
Shelly Offline
#741 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 10:47:31 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 307 time(s) in 269 post(s)
Hi everyone,

Sharon - Hope your girls are on the mend! Glad you were able to find a AG doll for your daughter, she'll be so excited. Nice your mom will be able to come and visit.

Sandra - Wow! Hope it warms up for you some! Don't think I could take that cold. We still haven't gotten much snow at my house. It has snowed in our mountains, but not down here. There was a little on Thursday, but it barely lasted an hour. Hope you found your yarn and got some crafting done.

Nancy - Sounds like a full day of shopping. Toys are so much fun to buy for little ones. I could go way overboard on my grandkids, but DH keeps me in check. Our 2 y.o. grandson loves Toy Story. He is getting pj's a pillowcase and a fleece blanket in that pattern material from me, if I get it made. Then some toys too. Not sure what the babies are getting.

Joy - Funny story about the dog biscuits. Nice for you to get a new fridge. I could use a new one, but will wait and see if we sell our house next spring or not first. Have fun with your tablet. I sure like mine, but wish I had 4G on it rather than just Wifi. DH says I have a smartphone, so I don't need it. Would be easier to see on it though.

Well I have been babysitting a lot. Told DH I should get a job so I don't have to, but I won't cuz then I couldn't help my girls out. Yesterday, we had a funeral at our church and I went and helped with the luncheon after. So I was there from noon until 6 p.m. helping set up the tables and get everything ready and then serving and clean up! Long day. When we got home my DD brought her two over for us to babysit for the evening. They were really good though. My 4 month granddaughter likes her grandpa better than me. He was holding her and gave her back to me and she cried so he took her back and she stopped and smiled at him. I was hoping to win her over since her brother is grandpa's shadow when he is here.

Have a good day everyone!
SandraB. Offline
#742 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 5:14:36 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

just checking in quickly before I get supper going. Busy w/end here, shopping most of the day yesterday with mom. Did sneak in a quick stop to a scrapbook shop close to her and M's. Got the new Small Talk Frames & Tags for $29.99. Did also manage to find some yarn to make a couple more scarfs, a couple of tops and a sweater. Then went to friend's birthday party in the evening, Today was a full day of housework with a quick trip to Pet Smart.

Joy: glad you are getting your tablet up and running. Your dishcloths sound real cute, hope they work out for you.

Nancy: sorry you didn't make it to the craft fair. Glad you were able to get more shopping done though

Sharon: glad you found the doll you were after. Hope you have a nice visit with your mom.

Shelly: it actually has warmed up nicely this w/end...even went above 0. Glad you are able to help out your girls with all the babysitting.

Here are the cards I made for the birthdays this w/end.
File Attachment(s):
cards.jpg (2,004kb) downloaded 15 time(s).
Shelly Offline
#743 Posted : Sunday, November 24, 2013 8:55:02 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sandra,

Love your cards. Thare are really nice!!
JeanneLee Offline
#744 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 7:27:58 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Morning everyone, Love the cards, Sandra. Is the one with the gears done with foiled paper?

Sharon, How exciting your mom is able to come! I bet your girls are quite excited. Hope you find the American Girl doll you are looking for. Our DD has two of them(Samantha and Josephina)...thankful to our parents who bought the accessories to go with them. She is holding on to them to pass down someday.

Joy, how exciting you have a tablet! Enjoy playing with it...my pc is getting so slow downstairs in my craftroom that when it does give up the ghost, I will look into a tablet(maybe around my birthday.(April! Flapper )
You will have to share a photo of your dish cloths! They sound fun.

Hi Nancy, you got snow and hail! BRRRR, it was 20 degrees when I got up this am! Says snow here on Weds.!
Funny story about your husband's hand-me-down-car! My hubby would do the same, but this last time he got the new car!

I am cross stitching a bread cover for our Thanksgiving hostess(our SIL's grandmother), only have a few days to finish it and will try and take a quick photo.
NJsharon Offline
#745 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:21:12 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Sandra, love the cards! You put so much detail into them, really nice!

My girls are both on the mend. Acting fine, back at school, but taking amoxicillin still.
Picked up an AG doll for Emily yesterday & gave it to her as an early Christmas gift. She was really happy! Now I just need to get them some clothes for Christmas. Think I will get some of the clothes from Walmart, not AG ones, but they fit 18" dolls & look just as nice.

One of the kids in my class today was so sick, the poor kid. He had a very sore throat, slight temperature (not enough to send him home though) & was super tired. Nurse said his tonsils were swollen & glands too, but as not fever she could not send him home. So did chloroseptic spray, & water. Poor little guy. I felt so bad for him, he was just not with it.

It is his last week at school too. He is moving to another school. He told me, as I was leaving "Mrs I, I wish you could stay with me this afternoon as I feel sick & it is my last week". Aaaaw, breaks my heart! lol

Yes, it will be interesting having my Mum here for that long, 4 weeks I think. Longest she has stayed before was 3 weeks & we drove each other a little nutty towards the end! But I will try to be on my best behavior, appreciate her being here & try not to let little things she does get to me. Going to try to just enjoy her being here! I am excited for her coming & the girls are super excited!

joyfullycrafting Offline
#746 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 11:42:51 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

WHEW! I think DH has me going from one thing to the next so fast, I can't think straight. I just start doing something and he wants to do something else.

I got one Santa dishrcloth made. It is OK. Hopefully I will do better on the next one as I kind of have it figured out.

I went to J's last night, and got six more skeins of the ruffle yarn to make scarves for Christmas gifts for some of the ladies in my family. Now, to find the time to make them!

And I am trying to get my Christmas letter written. We had such an eventful year, it is hard to get it all in!

Sandra, your cards are GREAT! LOVE the gears!!! Kind of very steampunk!

Shelly, it really is nice that you are so close to your grandchildren. You will be able to make wonderful memories with them.

Nancy, too funny about the cars!!! Christmas with Abigail should be so much fun this year.

JeanneLee, can't wait to see your Thanksgiving cross-stitch!

Sharon, I could do my mom for that long, but my dad would absolutely DRIVE ME NUTS! This is kind of awful to say, but I hope my dad passes first because if he doesn't, life will be a nightmare. They are old enough, we have to think about those things. Still in pretty good health, but old.

COLD COLD COLD but sunny. Although I am sure that Sandra wins for cold.
SandraB. Offline
#747 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 7:13:56 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Well, as far as the cold goes...we hit a balmy high of -2 today! It was lovely out for our walk over to the rink for the kids gym class. Supposed to be nice all this week, next week..not so much!

Thanks for your kind comments on my cards. The one with the gears was done with foil tape glued onto cardstock and then ran through my big shot to emboss it. One of Tim Holtz's designs.

Sharon: I know for sure my mom & I could not be under the same roof for that long, I'm sure you will do fine though. Glad you got the doll for Emily. So sad about your little guy at school, hope he feels better soon.

Joy: I'm sure your dishcloth is adorable. I bought yarn on Sat. also for a couple of scarfs.

JeanneLee: look forward to seeing your cross-stitch

Not much else new to report here. Other than my sister took mom back to the surgeon for a check-up after her thyroid surgery and thankfully, everything is good. Now it's just a matter of her getting her strength back, she doesn't understand it takes a long time to get back to normal again,

Take care everyone and happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#748 Posted : Monday, November 25, 2013 10:05:16 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Evening everyone.

Joy - Your dishcloths sound really cute! I'm sure they will turn out great. Good luck on writing your Christmas letter. My Dh used to do that, but stopped when the kids complained about what he shared about them. I kinda liked them. Those scarves work up fairly fast. Do you crochet them or knit them?

Sandra - Hope your mom continues to get better. She sounds like my dad, no patience. Thinks he should just bounce back like he's in his 20's still. Glad it is somewhat warmer for you! Don't know if I could handle living where you do.

Sharon - I bet your daughter was thrilled to get the doll! Hope you find the clothes for the dolls that will work for them. Glad the girls are feeling better. Hope the little boy in your class stays home tomorrow and gets better.

Nancy - I LOVE Scandal!! It just keeps getting better and better. So many twists and turns.

Got a few cards made today. Need to go grocery shopping tomorrow to get my Thanksgiving stuff. Not doing our dinner until Sunday, but want to get stuff sooner, than later. Probably should have done it already, but was hoping to not have to do it at all.

Anyone going shopping on Black Friday?
DebbieScraps Offline
#749 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 5:10:51 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
I had a long post and my computer froze and I lost it Cursing Cursing Cursing

I love Scandal, am just about to start the second season.

Have had both kids at the emergency room, DD knocked her elbow at work and has been in agony and the doctor still refuses to allow her back to work as she can barely lift her arm. She is having physio and they want a second set of xrays as the first did not show a fracture but the doctor is still not convinced!

DS has hurt his wrist, it is so sore and swollen and he is also booked off work as he does a lot of heavy lifting. he is not sure what actually triggered off his injury but it is a concern as it is the wrist that he broke last year and the healing did not go well.

It was DS's birthday on Sunday, was a lovely day and he got to choose the menu. He was really impressed with his flip card that I made him, he doesn't normally comment much on his cards!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#750 Posted : Tuesday, November 26, 2013 6:17:02 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

I have been awake since 5:00. Finally got up for an early cup of coffee. Don't care for these kind of nights but not surprised. I took sudafed yesterday morning for a sinus headache and it has this affect.

Camry is making the funniest noise. She wants attention.

I got another dish cloth made. This Santa one is better then the first one. Did it a little different. I am crocheting the dish cloths but knitting the scarves.

Jill made it home from Japan. She couldn't wait to see her dog. Then she went and got groceries to fix an entire Thanskgiving dinner. This wll be the first time she has done this. She is vey excited about it. She even went to J's and got fabric to use on her table.

The dogs are demanding my attention. Silly puppies.