Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<3334353637>»
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1021 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:14:09 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

Groups: Registered
United States

Was thanked: 1287 time(s) in 1001 post(s)
Sandra... Glad your weekend went well and you enjoyed your friends party. Glad the team won. I hate when they fight!!

Sharon.. hope you got some sleep Are you still using your sleep apnea machine???
My husband sleeps so much better with it and all night and has never felt better in the morning.

Joy... nice DH is helping Jill paint and you got to entertain the pup

Sonya... still spending on crafts!! LOL sometimes we can't pass things up. I bought those shims awhile ago but with my Big shot sometimes the sandwich doesn't work I remember years ago I had DH cut a oval in a piece of thin wood 4 1/4 x 5 1/2 and got the same effect. Now they have embossing folders blank in the middle and embossing images all around

Well yesterday's son in law Birthday celebration went well. The dinner was delicious Prime Rib sil likes it almost raw but we don't so he got the middle piece rare rare.

Then the cake it was awesome my DH did a good job the cake look like it came from a bakery he did such a good job icing it. It was a hit

I am going to try and post a picture of Abigail with her Pony she got from Santa at her house
so cute.

Ok so yesterday we gave her crayons and she scribbled in the coloring book.

lv2scrap02 attached the following image(s):
Abigail and her pony 2013.jpg
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1022 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:19:33 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Forgot to mention when Abigail and her parents came to the front door yesterday her daddy said whose house is this expecting to hear her say grandma's and she turns and looks up at him and says "Max's" houseBigGrin BigGrin

Have a great day
PedalPower! Offline
#1023 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 11:22:43 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Was thanked: 62 time(s) in 26 post(s)
"Max's House". I love it!! Cute story, Nancy. BigGrin

I found my Tic Tacs at Sams Club. I'm now cutting into old Valentine paper with reckless abandon! LOL...seriously, having a lot of fun cutting these little wrappers for the containers. Feels good to use up paper!
NJsharon Offline
#1024 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 1:17:07 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
Feeling a bit better today, but thankful I have the day off from work. Just resting & recovering from being sick. Just congested & sinus pressure. But the body aches have gone & dizziness, which is good. Just a slight head cold now.

Hoping I will be fine for school tomorrow & wondering if we will have a regular day of school. Now calling for 5-9" for central NJ according to National Weather Service. Keeps going up. They said 4-7" this morning. lol

Excited to see this new Cricut Explore machine unveiled tomorrow. I think I may need it!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1025 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:33:49 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: PedalPower! Go to Quoted Post
"Max's House". I love it!! Cute story, Nancy. BigGrin

I found my Tic Tacs at Sams Club. I'm now cutting into old Valentine paper with reckless abandon! LOL...seriously, having a lot of fun cutting these little wrappers for the containers. Feels good to use up paper!

Sonya.. are you making the little sour cream containers with the valentine's paper??
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1026 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:37:50 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Sharon.. hoping you are feeling better I still have this cold unbelievable won't go way
I am not buying another machine until it is perfected.

I can't believe more snow coming and it is going to be in the teens.

Patty (DD) is dropping off Abigail tomorrow then Bob (sil) is picking her up early!!

Seems Abigail is daddy's girl and I think my DD Patty is starting to feel it. When she sees her daddy her eyes light up.

anyway not looking forward to this storm

NJsharon Offline
#1027 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:51:44 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

I just wish this storm had come today, when kids were off school.
Worried the worst will come when kids are heading home on buses. Hope the roads aren't bad then.
PedalPower! Offline
#1028 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 2:58:59 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

No...no sour cream containers. I'd have to fill those, and well, I wasn't in the mood for those. I'm making little wrappers to go around Tic Tac containers. I'll share a pic when I'm done in a few days most likely.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1029 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 5:31:46 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
Max's house! Too cute.Love

We are in our suite on the ship. What a way to cruise. We are going to enjoy every moment cuz the next time we will be in an inside cabin.

So glad I will have service tomorrow so I can see the new release.
JeanneLee Offline
#1030 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 6:04:34 PM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 213 time(s) in 198 post(s)
Love the photo of Abigail, Nancy! She is growing up so fast!

Yep,snow here tomorrow... We got a quick walk in tonight,
because its going to be too cold tomorrow night! My son was suppose to help a friend
paint tomorrow. The friend is picking him up at 7am, so it will be interesting
to see if the snow comes.

Joy, enjoy your trip!! Think of us here on the soon-to-be snowy east coast!

It will be interesting to see the NEW PC product. I told myself I would never buy another HSN deal again! We will see.;-)
 1 user thanked JeanneLee for this useful post.
lv2scrap02 on 1/21/2014(UTC)
SandraB. Offline
#1031 Posted : Monday, January 20, 2014 8:01:52 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 286 time(s) in 245 post(s)
no snow forcasted for here until Wed., and then just flurries. Hope you guys don't get hit too hard. The weekend was warm and windy and boy did the snow ever go down...I can even see grass by our neighbour's houseBigGrin! But it is only Jan., so there will be lots more snow on the way for us yet.

Nancy: what a cute story and adorable picture. Glad the birthday dinner went well

Joy: enjoy your cruise, glad the painting got done

Sonja: look forward to seeing what you are creating with the tic tacs. What color of tic tacs do you use?

JeanneLee: I'm curious about this new machine also, though I don't think I will be buying it

Sharon: did you have a no school day today? Hope you are able to get some sleep. Troy sleeps so much better with his machine also

Trying to update our GPS as I have to go for allergy tests on Thurs., and we don't really have a clue where we are going. Might check it out on google maps also and take a printed version, then hopefully we will make itLOL!

Take care everyone, happy craftingBigGrin BigGrin
 1 user thanked SandraB. for this useful post.
DebbieScraps Offline
#1032 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 2:31:23 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Apparently the new machine does take 12x12. I am not interested in a new machine, quite happy with what I have BigGrin I do like a lot of the new Tim Holtz stuff released at CHA though, not that I will be buying any new scrapping stuff for the foreseeable future but it is fun to dream.

Nobody can come and look at the air con for the next ten days, I have fans going but they are not that much help in this heat.

DD started her new job yesterday, she is really enthusiastic about it BigGrin
PedalPower! Offline
#1033 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 5:49:35 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

We are on a two hour delay right now. Of course we found out after DS and I were up, dressed and ready for the day.

Then I came downstairs and found my deco mesh wreath had blown off the door and I had shattered glass ornaments frozen to my porch. I can fix the wreath next winter when holiday ornaments are out, but I didn't get all the glass up and will need to work on that once things thaw out....you know, in MAY! LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL

I have to take our truck in for a repair today. I'm not thrilled about driving it in the gale force winds we are having this morning.

I really need a do-over on this day and it isn't even 7am.
NJsharon Offline
#1034 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:13:45 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Yep, another day off sick for me. Ugh. We had the day off yesterday as it was MLK Jr day.
Now today I am coughing, stuffy nose, sinus pressure, head pressure. So staying home.
Girls have an early dismissal due to the snow coming.
Already snowing & starting to settle a little bit.
Now they are saying 6-12" for our area. The amounts keep being increased!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1035 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:17:55 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Oh I know we are in the Winter season now but all this snow coming 14 inches...

Abigail is on her way ...Thanks for the comments on the photo

Sonya... I hope you get that glass picked up. We had high winds last night hard to fall asleep. Be sure to share a photo of your Tic Tac's

Joy.. enjoy your cruise

Jeanne... how much snow are they prediciting for MD??

Sharon.. hoping they let school out early today.. feel better

Debbie.. I sure hope the air Con gets fixed soon I can't even imagine with that heat how you are bearing it all. Just come to NY our weather will cool you off LOL

Sandra.. this allergy test for you?? Good luck with the testing

Hoping everyone has a great day happy crafting
PedalPower! Offline
#1036 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:56:43 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

Now we are closed. Good lawdy.
AlyaMama Offline
#1037 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:10:55 AM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Nancy that is such a cute picture of Abgail. It's a framer!

Stay safe everyone who's getting all that nasty weather.

You guys probably don't want to hear this, but we had beautiful weather the past couple of days, I took the kids to the park today and they ran around for a long time. Not to worry, it'll probably snow here next week.

Joy enjoy your cruise.

Debbie stay cool. Man that has to be rough all that heat.

Slowly getting the cards done and now my freind has suggested I make little cupcake shaped tags to sell at the bakery as well. I'm not too sure about those, I'm afraid people will buy those instead of a greeting card. So we'll see how it goes. I was thinking of making some cupcake picks and wrappers to show them as well.

So I saw the new machine on the website, it looks like a fun machine. I have until this summer to decide if I want to get it or not. It would be nice to do things more online than on cartridges. I'm really liking CCR. Does anyone know if the new machine will work with CCR? I hope so.

Better get back to crafting.
PedalPower! Offline
#1038 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 11:49:30 AM(UTC)
PedalPower!

I've been watching the chatter on FB about the new machine. There's some interesting twists and turns to what this machine may or may not do in regards to SVGs. The reception has been mixed.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1039 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:33:51 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well the snow was supposed to start at 12pm and it started as soon as Abigail came. It is coming from the North which means a lot of snow. We already got 4 inches.

I was so worried about my son in law picking Abby up he left at 12:45 took him over 1 1/2 to get here. I said why was Abby dropped off to begin with??? My DD says I thought you wanted to see here!!
OMG I saw her Sunday yes I love seeing her but not when a snowstorm is here!! I sometimes wonder about them!! My gosh now he doesn't want to take the highway home since it is so bad I told him you better call me when you get home so I know your safe home.

Angie.. cupcake tags might be cute but I would sell them in a pack of 5 or 6.

Sonya... they closed the schools after the kids got to school they decided to close 1 hour later... so crazy

I am not impressed about the new machine I have 2 Expressions, Imagine and I am good for a long while. I think when they break then I will get one.

I think that is the whole idea to use CCR with the new machine

Stay safe everyone
PedalPower! Offline
#1040 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:37:57 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

People here are all up in arms...half are glad school got cancelled, half are ticked off. Based on my drive to the car service place today...I'm thrilled it was cancelled. It was very, very slick and in no way safe for any bussing. (We have no bus service, however, our school bases it's decision off the local public school that does have bus service offered.) I was scared to death when the truck slid sideways on me this morning. And I am used to driving in snow....it was pure ice today. I'm sure it is inconvenient to deal with finding child care if you have to work, especially with last minute changes. But I honestly think it was the right thing to do.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1041 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:43:00 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

I stand corrected you have to be connected to the internet to use the New Design Space on Cricut web site so I guess no to CCR
PedalPower! Offline
#1042 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 12:45:39 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

From what I can gather, you also have to pay their monthly fee to cut any of your own SVG cuts. That's a crock of well....hooey. I saw on their FB page that one "feature" they were promoting...it cuts perfect circles. LOL...it better. Every machine ought to be able to cut a circle. Oh wait...
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1043 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:56:09 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Originally Posted by: PedalPower! Go to Quoted Post
From what I can gather, you also have to pay their monthly fee to cut any of your own SVG cuts. That's a crock of well....hooey. I saw on their FB page that one "feature" they were promoting...it cuts perfect circles. LOL...it better. Every machine ought to be able to cut a circle. Oh wait...

BigGrin LOL LOL LOL
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1044 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 1:59:02 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

My son in law is still on the road with Abby trying to get home.. I am so annoyed at my DD
Now she left work early to try and get home!!

I wonder how many problems this machine will have!!
PedalPower! Offline
#1045 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:10:05 PM(UTC)
PedalPower!

I hope they make it home soon, Nancy. I'm sure your worried.Crying
 1 user thanked PedalPower! for this useful post.
Shelly Offline
#1046 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 3:10:11 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 309 time(s) in 271 post(s)
Hi everyone!

I've read through all the posts to catch up. Hope I can remember everything I wanted to comment on.

Nancy - Such a cute picture of Abigail. Funny story about Max's house! The cake sounds yummy.

Joy - Saw the pics of your room on FB. So jealous. Enjoy!

Sandra - Glad you are missing the storm back there this time for a change. Hope you find your way to the allergist.

Sharon - Hope you get feeling better.

Debbie - Try and stay cool!

Pedal - Please post the pic of your project! I am looking for some cheap easy make and take valentine projects for our Church group.

Angie - I agree that a pack of cupcake tags might be good. The cupcake wrappers might be a seller too! Especially for parties and things.

Wish you guys on the East Coast could send some of your snow our way. I hate snow, but we are having a drought, and I would like some water to drink next summer! We have gotten some, but probably only 1/2 of normal.

Had a great time on our cruise. I am jealous of Joy and all her cruises she gets to go on this month! Ahhh, maybe when DH retires we will really get to travel the way we would like to.

Hope everyone stays safe and gets healthy.
joyfullycrafting Offline
#1047 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:55:10 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1488 time(s) in 1185 post(s)
We spent the day doing NOTHING. It was wonderful. Love

I am not interested in a computer-based machine right now, so my dollars are safe. I will buy carts instead. Flapper
lv2scrap02 Offline
#1048 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:16:22 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Well it took them almost 2 1/2 hours to get home and my daughter left early from work and it took her close to 3 hours.

Just thankful they got home safely. My son in law said he had no idea why Abby was dropped off to me when he is home! My DD figured I was missing her!! OMG..

what I think is Abigail is daddy's girl and when she sees him she screams daddy daddy I think my DD is a little jealous and figured she would have Abigial be with me today. My sil said the same thing.

It's hard when she works because my sil has been out of work since before Thanksgiving she has been working over time 4 nights aweek so when she gets home it is Abby's bath time a bottle and to bed.W\ We are thankful (lots of prayers) son in law foot healed and he is back to work on Monday.
Still coming down heavy here

Sharon how is NJ doing???

Have a goof night allBigGrin
NJsharon Offline
#1049 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 6:44:57 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Just went out & measured the snow... 9" so far outside & that was not a drift either.

We cleared off our front steps so the feral cats could get up to eat food, about an hour ago & already there is about another inch there. Just settling very quick!

It looks like it is coming to an end, but just read online something about the system pivoting & going to dump more on Central NJ?? Time will tell I guess!

I was busy preparing some goodie bags or 'survival kits' to give to friends/customers with their new CTMH idea book. I used the new February stamp of the month as my theme is foxes & it has a cute fox on it! Very happy with how they turned out. Just need to pick up 2 more post it note pads & I am finished with them all!

I saw on the news that CA is in a big drought. Wish we could send some of this snow west! We have had enough here now I think. lol

BingoLady Offline
#1050 Posted : Tuesday, January 21, 2014 8:00:20 PM(UTC)
BingoLady

Was thanked: 980 time(s) in 666 post(s)
Hello to all of you.
I have been listening to the news about all the snow and the traffic in
Chicago, and all the states that are getting hit bad. Hope all of you are safe.
Well I'm still waiting for my new computerAngry to get hooked up. I havn't been
using my old one to much. It takes forever to turn on in the morning.
To all of you take care.