Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

43 Pages«<45678>»
NJsharon Offline
#151 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 5:35:14 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Groups: Registered

Was thanked: 409 time(s) in 248 post(s)
I am so excited that England is going to have a new Prince or Princess today! So exciting, glued to the news! I am guessing a Princess & will be named Alexandra or Victoria.

I hope we get some rain too Nancy. Our garden needs the rain & it is so muggy & humid out too.

Hoping I will be able to play with Artbooking later, but been saying that since Saturday so not thinking it will happen. LOL So much to do still since being home. Need to make Dr appt, dentist appt & hair appt for me, then girls have dentist appt later too.

Still need to finish unpacking my suitcase too. lol

NJsharon Offline
#152 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 5:54:03 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Oh & once I hear the news of whether Kate has a baby boy or girl, I think I will make a card to send them to congratulate them! Maybe the girls will make one too. That will be cute!
Shelly Offline
#153 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2013 11:42:12 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Was thanked: 315 time(s) in 277 post(s)
Good afternoon!

Joy - The pictures are beautiful. Love your daughter's dress! The bridesmaid dress are gorgeous too! You are a talented seamstress. Have fun camping. We are still going back and forth on the Alaska trip. Hoping to see if the price drops. If it does we may be on the same cruise! If not we may just do a one week one out of Seattle and then go over to Victoria and see the gardens and some other places. I never get tired of going to Buchart Gardens. (not sure of the spelling).

Nancy - Sorry the heat shortened your pond tour, but it sounds like you saw some pretty nice places! Wow, I had no idea that the koi could be so expensive. Hope the rain cools things down for you. We have had 14 days above 100 degrees so far this summer, the average is 5, and today and tomorrow are supposed to be 103. Then we cool down to 97 for the rest of the week with afternoon thunderstorms. At least we don't have the humidity with it like you. Have fun making the card. I keep tweeking my file on my gypsy. Trying to make it look more like the one I saw, which had the banner wider and longer and the square a little larger. I have tried to look for directions for it, but can't find anything.

Bugsy - So sorry about the loss of your pet. That is so hard.

Sharon - Wouldn't it be nice if everyday life didn't get in the way of our crafting. Hope you get to play with your new toys soon! Can't wait to here about the royal baby as well.

Off to work on some blankets for my grandbabies that I still have to finish. I don't know why I like making blankets so much, but I keep seeing material that is so cute. Hoping to hurry and finish them soon. They have much more than they need, but it is so much fun. Hopefully our newest arrival will be here soon.

Have a good day everyone!

NJsharon Offline
#154 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 4:43:57 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Think I posted that I won Jonas Brothers concert tickets (through a local radio station)? Maybe not?!

Well I got an email yesterday that I had won the grand prize of VIP package for the event! Includes upgraded seats and a meet & greet with the band!
It is just 2 tickets, so had to make a decision which of my girls to take. But Emily went to see Mary Poppins on Broadway with my hubby, so it is Elise's turn this time. Emily was okay with that.

I think I am more excited than Elise!

So today I am getting my brows plucked/sculpted. Need to get my hair done before Thursday too (when the concert is)! lol

Bugsy2 Offline
#155 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:15:00 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 504 time(s) in 357 post(s)
Congrats on the VIP package!!!

I need to get my hair done too. I'm thinking about dancing on the dark side. My own mother wouldn't even know me then.Tongue

Today is overcast and I believe it's supposed to rain later today. I have to get my son registered for day camp... it's just one day. He's too clingy to go for a week, then we'll have a late lunch, head to Wal-Mart to pick up some bins to I can corral some "junk" that doesn't have a home, then this evening I'm going to catch up on everything that I've neglected for the past seven weeks. Of course this won't be done in one night... but I should get a good jump on it!!

Have a great day everyone!!
Shelly Offline
#156 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 10:35:54 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sharon - You are SO lucky. You are always winning things!! I think I should send some money to you and have you buy me some lottery tickets sometime.Tongue But CONGRATULATIONS! Hope you and your daughter have a fun time!

Nancy - Did you get your A/C fixed? I sure hope so! Hoping it will stay fixed since I'm sure the heat is far from over.

Bugsy - Hope you get your bins and a good start on your organizing. How old is your son? Hope he will have a good time, and realize he can have a good time without you.

Well my DD, Kristi, got the word today that she will have her baby next Monday, July 29th, by C-section. It will be a week early, but she is in so much pain it will be good. I wish they would do it this week. I have to get busy now and finish up a few things and then get cooking. She has celiac disease (can't eat gluten) and she's worried about her neighbors bringing food to her after the baby. She knows a couple of people that will bring the right stuff because they know. Our church usually brings dinner in for several days after a baby is born. So I am going to make up some freezer meals that she can eat and take. Her husband can eat the meals from neighbors. I will probably go stay with her for a week. She lives about 45 minutes away and I don't want to drive it every day. I'm getting excited for this new little one! I feel bad that I will be gone from my other DD, Alicia, that just had her baby because her husband is leaving on Sunday for a year and she will be on her own with her new baby and her 2 year old. Fortunately, her other sisters and my DH will hopefully be able to support her.

Sorry this was so long. Have a good day!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#157 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 5:32:17 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Was thanked: 1556 time(s) in 1246 post(s)
Hi all. Back from camping for good! It feels great to be clean. It was so dusty camping, and EVERYTHING needs washed.

The dresses were an aqua color. At least that is the color of the tie that Brandon wore that matched the dresses. The best part off MEgan's dress was the back. I will have to post a pic of the back eventually.

Sharon, congrats on your win! I am sure you will have a GREAT time.

Bugsy, so sorry about your puppy. They can sure tie up our hearts, can't they.

Shelly, my best to your DD and the next new baby! Do you sew your blankets? I tend to get yarn and knit blankets. I do like yarn. BigGrin

Nancy, boy, some of those fish are expensive!!!!!!!

Sandra and Sonya and Angie, hope all is well with you.

Right after Jill gets back home, she gets to visit Jay Leno's garage and see all of his cars!
Shelly Offline
#158 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 6:43:35 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Joy - I crochet blankets and I also buy flannel and have them hemstitched and then crochet the edges. Some I make into self binding blankets with the flannel. I have also gotten some seersucker material and had it hemstitched and crocheted around the edges of it also for some lightweight blankets for summertime. The flannel ones are double thickness and so they don't get used in this heat. I have gotten white fleece, one thickness, serged the edge in either pink or blue with white flannel burpcloths crocheted with pink or blue. I usually buy enough flannel that I can make two burpcloths that match and have them hemstitched and crochet them. For gifts I make the flannel or fleece blankets and add the burpcloths and I embroider the baby's name on them. I sometimes put "spit happens" on the burp cloths.

OK, so that is probably more than you wanted to know about my blankets. Tongue
SandraB. Offline
#159 Posted : Tuesday, July 23, 2013 7:05:42 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Registered, Circle Member
Canada

Was thanked: 306 time(s) in 263 post(s)
Hi all;
I didn't realize I haven't been on for a bit...where does the time go? Troy had a great time at his training camp, on Fri. he is off to another camp for 5 days. My crafty cousin-in-law & I hit a few scrapbooking shops on Sat., and of course found a few "treasures"LOL LOL! We got hit with a wild thunderstorm early yesterday morning...so much rain I couldn't finish cutting the grass until last nite.

Bugsy: hope your son did well at his daycamp and you got all your corralling done. So sorry to hear about your little furball. I still miss our Keno that we had put down a couple of years ago, he used to hang out with me in my craftroom on his pillow. Now that cats just come and walk across my keyboard and my craft table and leave.

Nancy: hope your a/c is all fixed now for good. Glad the pond tour went well.

Joy: the wedding pics look great, very pretty dresses.

Shelly: my oldest dd's name is also Kristi. Hope everything goes well for your dd and the new baby. So your sil is still going on his mission, is he? Glad the rest of your family are there for her. Hope you get all the blankets done, the burp pads sound real cute.

Sharon: congrats on yet another win, you are one lucky girl! Hope you both enjoy the concert.

Had lunch today with my sister, tomorrow lunch with another couple of friends. After lunch one of them and me are heading in to visit with mom. Should be exciting...not (the visit with mom that is, as she can be so demanding at times). We might have to do some retail therapy after as there are a few shops close to mom'sLOL.

Well, off to do some more scrappingBigGrin BigGrin! Take care everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#160 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:22:42 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning!

Sandra, glad you found some treasures!!!! LOL

We have to head out in about 10 minutes to pick up the newlyweds from the airport. WE are taking them their car and we still stay in the city for a bit.

The dogs are playing tug of war in the middle of the living room. They are so LOUD and they think they are so viscious. Jeffie is a wimp, though. He always gives up and Camry wins.
Shelly Offline
#161 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 9:35:54 AM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Sandra - Yes, my daughter's husband is still going to North Dakota for a year for some job. I get so mad when I think about it. Alicia is sad, but trying to be positive. I just want to smack some sense into him. Glad Troy is having so much fun at his camps. The retail therapy after visiting with your mom sounds like just the thing you will need. Have fun.

Joy - Have fun picking up the newlyweds. Hope they had a great time!! Have fun in the city playing after. What is the town you live in? Do you go to Portland for the airport?

Have a good day everyone!
lv2scrap02 Offline
#162 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 3:48:27 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Was thanked: 1319 time(s) in 1026 post(s)
Hi Girls,

We have been having problems with our Internet Explorer and I was thinking it was our computer which is only 1 1/2 yrs. old. Today chatting with the bowlers they were saying the same thing that we all get this "Internet Explorer will shut down now" Thankfully it is not my computer. The kids yell at me and say why are you still using that!! I don't know..

So I will have to download Google Chrome. We have had some really bad storms here heavy rain and flooding.

yes the A/C was finally fixed on Sat. seems they over loaded the condenser with Freon so they took some out no more frozen lines. Ahhh it feels to good. Nothing worse then being 92 degrees out 81 in the house and running around with a toddler all day. although my little one keeps me smiling all day

Shelly your blankets sound very pretty

Joy.. glad you are back my DH would love to see Jay Leno's cars I know we have seem them on TV but how cool to see them in person... have fun picking up the newlyweds

Sandra... glad you found some goodies at the scrapbooking stores.

Bugzy how are you doing??

Oh today at bowling a gal approached me and asked me if I wanted to do her a favor!! I said what is it.. She said she knows I am scrapper and wanted to know if I would scrapbook her grand children's photos from birth to 18 yrs. old she has 4!!!!!!!!!!! I said NO NO.

I remember showing you my scrapbooks awhile ago so much work goes into it. She said just take the photo and glue it on the paper and I said you can do the same thing!!!!

I have been tearing apart my craft room and trying to organizing more and I saw CTMH has a nice size storage container that holds 40 of their stamp sets. I said that is perfect.

Went to home depot the other day and bought several containers. Anyway getting a lot done while the little one sleeps.

Sharon.. enjoy the show

Have a good night all

SandraB. Offline
#163 Posted : Wednesday, July 24, 2013 7:46:10 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Hi gals;
Had a pretty productive day today. After a few phonecalls early this a.m., I gave up sleeping in and got up. Decided to wipe down my kitchen cupboards and clean up the tiles and stuff. Then went for lunch and off to visit mom...which was pretty much as I expectedAngry! We did stop in at M's and found a few dealsBigGrin.

Shelly: yes, Troy does love his camps.

Nancy: glad your a/c is fixed, sounds like you really need it. Glad you are getting your craft room all sorted out.

Our weather has been nice and warm here. almost perfect...not too hot. I'm working on Troy's album for his National Games bowling...planning on keeping it up to dateLOL!

Take care everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#164 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 11:36:18 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Today is shed cleaning day. Oh my!!!!!!!!!! What a collection. It goes back maybe 20 years. I did good and threw bunches away (not enough, according to DH), have a pile for what is called the Idaho Youth Ranch (kind of like Salvation Army but local) and a HUGE HUGE HUGE pile of fabric to sort. I am not only a yarn-a-holic, I am a fabric-a-holic. We won't mention scrapping supplies.

I am tired, and it is hot. I sent Jill to A&W, our only fast food, to get lunch.
Shelly Offline
#165 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2013 8:58:56 PM(UTC)
Shelly

United States

Hi everyone!

Yesterday was our State Holiday/birthday. Everyone had to work because they work for national companies, but we decided to have a BBQ and do some more fireworks since Ben (my grandson) loves them. So I ended up doing all of it myself, since it was last minute and everyone had to work. They all ended up staying really late and Ben fell asleep so I just kept him overnight. His mom came and got him about 9:30. Then my pregnant daughter, Kristi, and her husband came over and around noon, Kristi's sister-in-law and her husbands brother and their 3 mo old son came over and stayed till about 5 p.m. and then Alicia, Ben, and Emma came over as well as my oldest daughter Natalie showed up and stayed till 9:30. I love my kids, but I got NOTHING DONE!

Sandra - Sorry you didn't get to sleep in. Glad you had a productive day though and got to go to Michael's.

Nancy - Hope you get your internet worked out. I'm so used to Internet Explorer, I don't want to learn something out, so I'm holding out as long as I can. Hey, when you get your craft area all done, please come to my house and help me do mine!! LOL!

Joy - You should come with Nancy when you are done with your shed and I can get my whole house organized!Razz I have more fabric, paper and craft stuff than I'm sure I will ever need. My husband would be thrilled if I would let go of some stuff.

Well, hopefully I will get something done tomorrow! Not counting on it, I'm sure one of my kids will have a crisis of some sort.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#166 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 5:15:28 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Shelly I would love to come to your house and help organize... Everything in my house has a place.. meaning I am a neat freak. My DH is also knows better. You won't see anything where it shouldn't be. My mom was the same way. Unfortuntly my DD didn't take after me and it drives me crazy when I go to visit her. Glad you enjoyed the Holiday sounds like a nice family day out.

Joy.. I bet you have tons of fabric and yarn.. more then scrapping items.. I love to organize and I am still working on my stamp collection. I have so much that I forget what I have!

Google Chrome is strange the kids are coming later this afternoon they can help me figure out the home page but no computer crashes with the Google Chrome. I will still keep my Outlook email.

You wouldn't believe the temps here the past 2 days rain and low 60's!!!! never had a Spring and the Summer so far stinks!!

Angie must be shopping away and buying loads of crafts hope you are enjoying yourself AngieBigGrin

Debbie.. guess you are busy with the wedding.BigGrin

Sonya... how is the weather busy making cards!!

Sandra..I wish we had craft stores around here we did years ago but they went out of business because shopping on line is way cheaper.

Well my little one will be here any minute hoping everyone has a great day

Next week I am going to throw out a challange

joyfullycrafting Offline
#167 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 8:34:10 AM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Good Morning.

Still sorting fabric. I threw away three garbage bags full of scraps. One can only keep those so long, and some of them have been around a LONG time.

One bag had gotten wet and some of the fabric had mildew on it. I washed the whole bag, had to trow one piece out (I think it was from someone else anyway), then re-washed one piece that did not come clean the first time. I washed it the second time with lots of oxi-clean.

Nancy, I am NOT neat, tidy,and organized. Except I tell the girls that if they use a stamp set,which they are welcome to, PUT IT BACK WHERE YOU GOT IT! I have them organized. And my cartridges are also well organized. But not much else.

Two more days with Jill, then she and Jeffie head back home. A friend of hers will be riding back with her, which is very nice. His motorcycle racing van is parked at her house right now!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#168 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 3:59:29 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Just realized this afternoon that I HAVE to have the bedroom that my fabric is piled in cleaned out by Tuesday afternoon. And also the house clean by Tuesday afternoon. DH's brother is coming to stay with us for a few days for his 50th class reunion. We just took him to airport last week after the wedding, and now he is back!

He and his wife raise yaks.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#169 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 4:46:22 PM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

Joy you are too funny company coming already...

OK for the past 2 days I have been searching for a CTMH Stamp Set that I bought maybe 2 months ago called Card Chatter it is a big Birthday set of stamps. I had it on my shelf because I was concentrating on organizing my cricut stuff and now the set is gone. This rarly happens to me. It is driving me crazy DH said it could have fallen behind the shelf then down behind the desk. Which I can't move because it is a corner unit with a hugh hutch and cabinets on each side. So there is no moving this furniture at all. I am so upset I went thru every stamp storage container so that is probably what happened.

Tomorrow DD and Ms. Abigail are bringing a lot of toys and baby items like 2 bouncer, carriages,
walkers to a store called "Once Upon A Child" you can donate it all or they give you a credit to buy gently used items at the store for a discount. So we will see

Joy I hope you get everything cleaned out

Have a wonderful weekend everyone
joyfullycrafting Offline
#170 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:31:37 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

DH just booked another cruise. We seem to be good at those!

Three years ago we went on a Carnival cruise with my parents. It was very nice, so we "pre-bought" another one. I don't know what it is called, but you pay a bit, and then that is your deposit on the next cruise, plus you get some onboard credit.

This was before we discovered we really like Princess cruises. But the deposit is non-refundable so it was use it or loose it.

We will ride to CA with Jill after Christmas, and it is a six day Mexican Riviera. Then we will fly back home later.
SandraB. Offline
#171 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2013 6:43:11 PM(UTC)
SandraB.

Canada

Picked Troy up last evening from his house and this am dh and I took him out to camp until next Wed. He just loves going to this camp...he looks forward to it all year. Tomorrow dh is working so I'm going into mom's again, then Sun. we're off to dh's brother's for dinner.

Joy: hope you get all your fabric sorted out and put away

Nancy: the last few days here have been windy but it's still been warm. The only craft shop we have here now it M's, the others are all in Edmonton (where mom lives) which is about 15 min. from us.

Shelly: sounds like you had a lovely b-b-q with all your family

On Mon. a few friends and I are getting together to scrapbook, so I decided to work on my great-neices album (another one I'm trying to keep up to date). I e-mailed about 200 pics (not all of her) to Wal-Mart for printing. Decided I might as well get all my recent pics printed.

Hope everyone else is doing ok and enjoying their summer.

Have a good w/end everyone and stay safeBigGrin! Happy crafting everyone
DebbieScraps Offline
#172 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 1:14:37 AM(UTC)
DebbieScraps

Was thanked: 165 time(s) in 161 post(s)
Hi everyone. We have been having a lot of rain and stormy weather, we desperately need the rain but unfortunately in this weather my internet does not work very well and is so terribly slooooow, is so frustrating that I just give up Mad It is only six weeks to the wedding, so much to do and although we have been very organised, there is so much that you can't do until the last minute. People are so slow with sending back their replies and I still need to do the name places and menus!

will keep popping in whenever I can get on line
NJsharon Offline
#173 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:45:23 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Morning all! I am off to Creating Keepsakes Convention today!
I have one class at 1pm, will do the expo floor & crop tonight.
Staying overnight at the host hotel, so that is good. Looking forward to scrapping!

Chat later, have a good day all!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#174 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2013 6:21:16 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Hope you have all had a good day scrapping and crafting!

I finished one baby blanket with thin yarn, and started on another with really thick yarn.

Jill is having an NCIS marathon. Flapper She is leaving about 2:30 a.m. It is a long drive home for her. At least she had a friend riding down with her so she is not driving by herself.
lv2scrap02 Offline
#175 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:04:57 AM(UTC)
lv2scrap02

United States

That is strange last night I was on here and posted a message and it isn't here!!!

Anyway I took apart my craft room pulled the furniture out and nothing!! maybe threw it away! I find that hard to believe because it is in a thick envelope!!

So sat down to finish some scrapbooking didn't get too far with that, my head just wasn't into it.

Joy... safe journey for Jill and her friend. Making baby blankets already :)

Sharon...seems like you just come home to unpack and repack off you go. Enjoy I did see that on an ad should be fun weekend

So yesterday we brought a lot of baby stuff back I had a brand new bouncer never used in the box and it was 39.99 he wanted to give me 8.00 for it... I told him look it up on the computer and tell me what it is worth he did and he did say the cost was 49.99!! so he gave me 15.00 for it better then 8.00 grant you he resells everything and has to make a profit but he will sell it for 39.00 at least. Anyway my stuff was like new so I did get the bulk of the money gave it to Patty told her to use it for Abigail.

Then she asked if I wanted to go back to her house and I was thinking DH was away for the afternoon if I went home I would have an afternoon to myself to craft. So I said I love you too but I miss my cricut machine so I left for home.

So when I got home that is when I decided to attempt to move furniture then I see all the dust now I am vacuuming, dusting and polishing by the time I sat down to craft DH was home. Where the heck did the time go!!!!

Well today we are going to see "Grease" Play then out for a little dinner

Hoping everyone has a great day/evening
NJsharon Offline
#176 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:38:43 AM(UTC)
NJsharon

Ooh have fun at the play nancy!

CKC was fun! Did a fun class where we made some gift things out of paper & cardstock. A very cute pumpkin which I will replicate using CTMH papers! A coffee cup gift card holder, a DVD & popcorn holder, mini post it note holder & a 6x6 canvas.

Then shopped the expo floor. I found an 'Amish Country' layout & school layout I liked (they were kits), so bought them. Plus bought a bunch of bling for my girls. They like to make cards & scrapbook a little so they will be happy.

Then crop last night. Put together both page kits & also made 2 headbands using the new CTMH 'base & bling' jewelry line. Came out cute. One headband is for Emily & one is for me!!!

My roomie is still sleeping. Hoping she wakes soon & then will get ready to head home!
joyfullycrafting Offline
#177 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 2:06:32 PM(UTC)
joyfullycrafting

United States

Jill texted a few minutes ago, and they are maybe three to four hours from her house, depending on traffic. The place they are right now is HOT and WINDY. It is kind of a plane parking lot. There are hundreds of airplanes just sitting.

The baby blankets are for ladies at church, one who just had a little girl, and another who is due in earl September with a girl! Although I do have two made a stuck away for "someday!"

I am just about ready to go and sort fabric again to get the room ready for company, but I got side-tracked here when I turned in my computer to play some music! Flapper LOL Laugh

Sharon, sounds like you are having FUN FUN FUN!

Nancy, hopefully someday your lost stamp set will turn up.

Jeffie had one of my CTMH sets in his mouth last week! I have no idea how he got to it as my CTHM sets are all on a shelf in a box!
NJsharon Offline
#178 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 5:21:54 PM(UTC)
NJsharon

Joy, maybe Jeffie wanted to do some stamping?! lol

I had a great time at CKC, but so good to be home. I am tired now though. Won't be a late night for me.

Just booked to go to Atlantic City, staying at Showboat Casino for free on Friday & Saturday night with the family. I'm excited! I guess I gambled enough last time to get this room comped this time!

So will do the beach & boardwalk thing with the girls during the day. Then will let Paul go gamble at night while I watch the girls. I doubt I will gamble much. Done enough of that already!

But I am excited to get away next weekend with the family & to have 2 free weekend nights.
AlyaMama Offline
#179 Posted : Sunday, July 28, 2013 10:44:14 PM(UTC)
AlyaMama

Was thanked: 238 time(s) in 200 post(s)
Hello everyone, sorry I've been MIA. I'm still here in the U.S., been doing lots of shopping with my mom. I think this year I'm going the one wearing all my clothes on the plane home. I think I have a shopping habit. Not good.

We just back from a trip to Iowa to see family, it was nice, I got to see my grandma, she'll be 95 next year. Wow! I hope I live that long. Got to see aunts and uncles and one of my favorite cousins also. So very nice trip. We drove, that wasn't so much fun. I was so glad when we got back, it was a very long drive. I also got to see my sister who lives in CO. We seem to have drifted apart, which is sad because we were the best of friends when we were growing up. Maybe we'll stay in touch now.

Not much else going on, just thought I'd drop by and say hi.

Now I'm going to go bafck and read what everyone's been up to.

Bye for now.

Angie
JeanneLee Offline
#180 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2013 4:48:46 AM(UTC)
JeanneLee

Was thanked: 214 time(s) in 199 post(s)
Hi Angie! Great to hear you are getting lots of visiting and shopping in.
How much longer will you be in the states?

My, has the summer been flying! We have been busy with our Marine, vacation, our youngest DS and football practices,etc...sorry I have been M.I.A. here as well. I do think of you all!
Our Marine finished his school(Satellite Communications)and was able to spend 17 days home with us! We had a wonderful time catching up, but the time goes by so fast. We saw him off to Okinawa, Japan a few weekends ago. Thank goodness for email and Skype!

Our oldest DS has been living with us for two months till a place he wanted in DC opens up....this coming weekend he thinks. He is renting a room with other guys he works with. It will be near his work and his GF!

DD and hubby are getting ready to celebrate their 1st anniv. in August and are heading to Yorktown, VA for a vacation week and then heading up to Ohio to see the grandparents. They weren't able to go when we went up in June and July.

Youngest DS has been busy with working, camps(which are done now) and football practices.

I have been involved in a few card swaps on another MB I am on to increase my card supply!
NOT buying much as of late...just needed to put a stop to it for a while to save up for my annual Sept. scrapbook weekend (13th-15th).

I noticed the security image thingie is back..Glare