Flag
  • Sign In
  • 0 items
  • Search
Welcome Guest! Please login to enable all features.

Notification

Icon
Error

Rex Offline
#1 Posted : Monday, July 01, 2013 9:48:08 PM(UTC)
Rex

Groups: Registered

Been seeing alot of issues with the new Cricut Craft room and this Mini cricut. Not sure I'm liking the neglect of attention to the incompatibility of the program and the cutter. This should have been adressed FOREVER AGO.

1. I cant seem to easily find the Driver software for this nowly dubbed "brick" of a cutter.

2. when I finally get around to findiing one, the installation kept freezing up thus resulting in me closing the program several times.

3. when I FINALLY get the Craft room installed, it said I have to update the firmware.........and then gets stuck at 28%.

Uninstalled the craft room several times, uninstalled the drivers several times, the light on my brick is green and red, tried surfing the forums here for help and found that the links that people have said fixed their issues WERE BROKEN, ever since I closed the firmware window the brick (cutter) will not respond and I dont know how to get it to reset, and from what I've seen in the forum comments...the tech support isnt all that helpful.

Not happy with my first experience with cricut. My aunt gave me this machine.

Its very disheartening to see that her money was wasted.

Now, i'll still keep getting it to work and see if I can get this brick to work again but any help on this issue would be ideal.

Edited by user Monday, July 01, 2013 10:52:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Narelle Offline
#2 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 2:39:37 AM(UTC)
Narelle

Medals: Cricut Circle Member: Member of the Cricut Circle

Groups: Circle Member, Registered
Australia

Was thanked: 7818 time(s) in 3649 post(s)
Call customer support. They are actually very good, despite what you may have read. They'll walk you through troubleshooting to help with your problems.
Bugsy2 Offline
#3 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 5:30:44 AM(UTC)
Bugsy2

Was thanked: 449 time(s) in 319 post(s)
Absolutely call customer support!!! PC has the most awesome customer support team!!!
Rex Offline
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:01:33 PM(UTC)
Rex

Originally Posted by: Bugsy2 Go to Quoted Post
PC has the most awesome customer support team!!!

That's an exaggeration....But anyways.

I called Customer support and after a while I managed to get the Firmware to update. Who knew that Firmware was ZoneAlarm's only kryptonite...

Wellz, I guess the relief was short lived since now I found out that the machine is STILL rather useless to me...........seeing as how I wanted it to cut out my own images that I make myself.

Here's the thing:
I am NOT a Scrapbooker or whateverz. But I DO love Photoshop to DEATH.

I went to an Anime Convention and was told by another con-goer that there are personal machines out there that can cut your images out on paper. That Idea seemed pretty Boss at the time and I worked on ways of getting ahold of one.
Come to find out, when I worked at a craft store for a spell, I remembered seeing a die cut machine. Even remembered the name of it too.

Luckily, my aunt came in from out of town recently. she IS a scrapbooker so she said she had one laying around. So she sent it to me.

I've never been so elated and morbidly crushed so fast and so hard in my entire life.

Oh well!
I've did some research and not only does seem that some program called Sure Cuts alot got crushed underfoot mercilessly by the Cricut corporation..........but ALSO there is another machine out there called eCraft that allows me to make whatever I want!

Seems pretty selfish that they would do such a thing when they could have just capitalized on their program by allowing a whole new fee or something for those that want that service. Anything could have been possible if they just worked with them but whateverz. That's their loss.

I mean seriously..........they offer a so-called 8,000+ pictures..........but i'll tell ya what...If anyone can show me a "cartridge" that has a Massive, Beastly looking Eastern Dragon locked in an eternal battle with a White Tiger......or a Blazing Phoenix rising from the ashes.......or ferocious looking Werewolf reaching at you..............then I'll eat my words and keep my mini.

Until then, gonna be getting rid of this and getting an eCraft.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 02, 2013 1:03:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified